More Patriot stories

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
From Dr. Z at SI.com (bold his):

Last year the Lions played the Patriots in Foxboro. At one point their coach, Rod Marinelli, phoned up to the press box, "There's a camera pointed right at our defensive coach making his calls. Is that allowed?" A Lions' employee called the NFL booth. No, it certainly was not. So the videotaper was stopped. Then after a while he began again. The same process was repeated and he was asked to stop again. Now that's dedication.

"You don't really know for sure," Marinelli said. "I mean you don't know whether he might be doing something for NFL Films or a coaches' show or whatever."

"At one point we had a good drive going against the Patriots," said one Lion who doesn't want his name involved in this mess, but was willing to talk about it. "Mike Martz really had 'em going. They were getting fouled up, lining up wrong, we were moving the ball. Then boom, the headset from the sidelines to the coaches' booth goes out.

"Next possession we were moving the ball again and the same thing happened. You know it only takes two or three plays to mess up a drive."
Matt Millen, the Lions' GM, says he was talking to another team's head coach at the league meetings. He started telling him the story.

"Yeah, I know," the coach said. "Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too."

Marinelli was the defensive line coach in Tampa Bay when the Bucs beat the Patriots in the 2000 regular season opener and did a good job controlling New England's offense. After the game the Patriots' offensive coach, Charlie Weis, was overheard congratulating the Bucs' defensive
coordinator, Monte Kiffin.

"We knew all your calls, and you still stopped us," Weis said. "I can't believe it."

He couldn't believe it because the Patriots had videotaped all of the defensive signals in their last preseason game, which was against the Bucs.

damn cheaters...............can't stand that bastard Bellicheck. Did you see how uneasy he looked at the podium? lol. He knows he's busted and was still trying to play it cool. what a loser.

So has Bellicheck now become the "Richard Nixon" of the NFL ? I can just picture him with his arms up holding the peace sign and saying " I am NOT a cheater"

:11_12_13:

Can people stop with the excuse of "Everyone does it" by now? A lot of people cheat on their taxes but if you get caught your in trouble. A lot of people go over the speed limit driving but if your caught your in trouble. If you break the rules and get caught then you get in trouble. Its simple.

I also don't believe that "everybody does it."

First of all, that doesn't make it right even if it's true.

Second, if 'everybody' was doing it somebody would have been busted by now and all these stories wouldn't be coming out now.

These stories are coming out now because everybody knew, at some point, this would happen and they didn't want to go down, too.

The Pats cheated, and this attempt to split hairs about being wrong on the interpretation of the rule is an attempt to deflect the truth.

The truth is, the rule is extremely clear. They've been warned on it before, and now they got busted because they knowingly cheated.

Period.

Frankly, at this point I'd like nothing more than internal problems to cause this team to fall apart so they would miss the playoffs and lose their second and third round draft picks.

No team seemingly drafts as well as them so the more picks they lose the harder this hits them and they should be hit hard.

POSTED 11:09 p.m. EDT, September 14, 2007
SUPER BOWL WINS ARE CALLED INTO QUESTION
Now that the book has been closed (apparently) on the whole Pats video thing, it's time to ponder the question of whether any of the trio of three-point wins in Super Bowls XXXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX were the result of any type of cheating.
As to the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX, whom the Patriots beat by a field goal to cap the 2004 season, some of the players think that the answer could be yes. "I was giving them a whole bunch of credit for making halftime adjustments. . . . It's troublesome," safety Brian Dawkins said on Thursday. "I don't know how different to say it -- it bothers me."
As to the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII, whom the Patriots beat by a field goal to cap the 2003 season, there are rumblings of skullduggery occurring not based on halftime adjustments, but on pregame planning. "Some sources within the team's Bank of America Stadium facilities said there were rumblings that the Patriots might have filmed at least two of Carolina's practices in the week leading into the Super Bowl after the 2003 season," writes Pat Yasinskas of the Charlotte Observer.
Former Panthers defensive tackle Brentson Buckner hinted at such suspicions during a Friday appearance on the Mac Attack on WFNZ in Charlotte.
"I know in that Super Bowl game . . . we worked on some stuff that we had never ran against Tom Brady," Buckner said. "We got in that game and he called out everything that we did. . . . It makes you wonder about the knowledge that Tom Brady and those guys [had] because they literally in plays knew where you were going."
As to the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI, whom the Patriots beat by a field goal to cap the 2001 season, the manner in which that game unfolded could raise questions as to whether the Pats acquired advance knowledge via questionable means. Through two quarters, the Pats held the Greatest Show-Offs on Turf to a measly three points, their lowest first-half output of the season.
As to any of the three Super Bowls, there's always a chance that someone will eventually spill the beans (if there are beans to spill), and the climate that has been created in the wake of this week's events could be enough to get someone to turn the bag of beans upside down, and shake the hell out of it.
If that happens, it makes Belichick's decision to continue to risk getting caught when it was clear that his former lieutenant was looking to catch him seem even more stupid.​

well ... that explains why rexy was picked off three times by samuel in foxboro last year.

it's funny how this is being swept under the rug but i'm glad that players are speaking out on this "rule misinterpretation"

think about sports thi past few years

Toledo shaving comes out

Memphis cbb shaving will in next year or two..has to

Tim Donaghey

Bonds..etc

NE Pats

nothing many didn;t know possible..but all at once

plus OJ stole his own memorabilia:tiphat:

Back