Monday night

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
updated record thorugh Sunday night

2008 NFL SIdes/Totals/halfs 12-7-2 +26.5 units
ML dogs 0-2 - six units

Dallas -6.5 -115 four units

I'm not sure Philly has the firepower to hang with this team in Dallas. Rams showed us yesterday that what happened at the Linc last weekend my happen to the Rams many times on the road this year. So I don't know what to think of the Eagles yet.

Bottom line, is that McNabb doesn't have many (any) weapons left aside from Westbrook. Dallas keying on him is going to make it tough for the Eagles to do much offensively. Conversely, we saw what Romo did last week against the Browns when he had time to pass. WIth Jim Johnson's blitz happy defenses, I'm sure we'll see something new - but I just feel there are too many mismatches with TO, Witten, Barber, and company for the Eagles to hang.

Probably not a track meet - I see something on the order of a 24 -10 type of game, but I see the Cowboys having no trouble covering a TD tonight.

Good luck fellas.... I'm considering the Under but would like to look a bit closer first....

Last edited:
I think you may be drinkin a bit much of that malt liquor my friend. Fine, the Rams are garbage and not the best test for gauging the Eagles, I agree.

But you are saying the Eagles, who are 3-2 in their last five meetings @ DAL, and who outscored them 113-90 in those last five meetings, are only going to put up TEN measly points tonight?!?!

First of all, PHI may not have the depth of talent present on the Cowboys, but they certainly match-up well enough to keep this a close game. Agree that Westbrook is Phillys main scoring threat, but he is not the only person making plays. Sure, the Rams suck, their secondary sucks. But Hank Baskett, Reggie Brown, Greg Lewis, and LJ Smith aren't just gonna block all game either. If you think McNabb isn't going to test the deep ball on several occasions, you're mistaken.

On the other side of the ball, Asante Samual is covering Crayton and Sheldon Brown is on TO. Sheldon will be getting plenty of help from SS Quintin Mikell in shutting TO down tonight. MLB Stewart Bradley is going to be focused soley on stopping Barber, and the Eagles DL, and CB / Safety stunts are going to keep constant pressure on Romo. He won't have the plush 6 seconds in the pocket he did against the Brownies.

As mentioned, Philly is far from terrible when playing in Dallas. On average:

PHI comp.percent: 38%
DAL comp.percent: 29%

PHI total yds: 317
DAL total yds: 301

PHI rush yds: 124
DAL rush yds: 99

PHI pass yds: 212
DAL pass yds: 216

Most advantages go to Philadelphia on offense. Where Dallas has the best chance of winning this game is on special teams. They lead PHI in almost every special teams category, but not by much. I'm talking only 1 yd more on punt returns, 2 yds more on kick-offs. But as my coach used to say, football is a game of inches, and Dallas wins by inches in special teams.

All that being said, I am not backing PHI money line. But considering how well and how close the Eagles play Dallas, CONSISTENTLY and IN DALLAS, don't expect the Eagles to come out flat. This game means as much to the Eagles as it does to Dallas, hurricane Ike be damned.

Good health, but Eagles +7 and the over. This is a shoot-out through 4 quarters. 28-24 Dallas

Jack - Hey - easy on the Malt Liquor comments. I might have to drink some of that stuff to contend with the emotional problems I'm going to have rooting for the GULP - Cowboys tonight.....

As for the weapons that each offense has, I can't believe you'd argue that:
"Most advantages go to Philadelphia on offense"

You must be kidding. Reggie Brown is likely to see a diminished role tonight as he is far from 100% From the Philly Inquirer:

"Reid said that even if Brown is able to return against the Cowboys, it would be in a reduced role."

Also I personally think many people are overvaluing a Philly team after one game against a very poor football team. Honestly this game opened at a 9.5 which is right where the line should be. I know the Eagles have a lot to prove before they show me that they are a top caliber football team.

Reid used to have great numbers on MNF and in primetime, but take a look at recent history. Again from the Philly Inquirer:

"The Eagles were 8-1 in their first nine Monday Night Football games under Reid, but they are only 2-5 in their last seven. They were also 16-1 in their first 17 prime-time games under Reid, but they are just 2-11 in the last 13. The Eagles were 0-4 in prime-time games last season, including a 38-17 Sunday night loss to Dallas at Lincoln Financial Field."

I am on the opposite side tonight and may be doubling my initial bet. The more I look at this, the more I really like Dallas.

When I said Offensive Advantages are Philly's, I meant in reference to the last 5 meetings in Dallas. Individual talent is thick in Dallas, no question.

If all goes as you say, I will be dining on my shoes tonight. If not, then its fillet mignon, courtesy of Philly.

And I happen to enjoy a good Colt 40oz. every once and a while, so I meant no disrespect :cheers:

Last edited:
Good lucky buddy nice writeup-- have fun watching this game, should be a good one finally on monday night after some duds--

hope next time we are on teh same side bro

I'm all over this one. Whacked it again at 6.5 -110 for a total of 14 units

Let's do this. Dallas rolls big time tonight

Holy shit I hate this game. Congrats to you guys that pegged this a shootout. I don't know what to make of the rest of this one. Certainly not going the way I planned it.

Sammy, Jackal - congrats on the philly side. Looking good so far.

I'm going to look back on this fucking game one day and be able to tell my kids why I quit gambling:

PHI/DAL Second half OVEr 27 -110 eight units.

Save the lecture. I'm going down with the ship.

Hang in there buddy, you were right about the BOYS supreme offense, tough loss on the 2nd half over. It is funny how we never chase and double up on our winners but only do so when we lose.

I was in dissarray a few days ago, the best advice I can give you is to hang in there and learn from this. IN a few days you will feel great and forget about this and be refocussed after you hit some winners. It is tough emotionally to lose a game like this, especially when Dallas scored pretty much all night in this game.

Back