Monday NBA Discussion

KingKrunked

Resident Bad Ass
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Monday, March 16th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/16
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
502</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> TORONTO
CHARLOTTE</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/16
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
504</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> SAN ANTONIO
OKLAHOMA CITY</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>5
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>5
189 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>5
189 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/16
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
506</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> PORTLAND
MEMPHIS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/16
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
508</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> HOUSTON
NEW ORLEANS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>182½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>182
3½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>182½
3½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/16
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
510</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> NEW JERSEY
DENVER</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>208
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>208
9½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey BetCrimes - thanks for the info on those two unders today... your stats/trends/angles are much appreciated and valuable to the forum.

NJ rallies takes the led by three thanks to a ton of 3s and 16-2 run down 100-89 in the closing minutes . End result another blown game . Now they have to go to resting DENVER who they beat by uhm 40 or so last time they played. Denver takingcare of business vs LAC and OKC lately . Think they win by DDs and would guess line only can go HIGHER ..Harris status as well..??

Grizz off a SU road win @ Detriot which they nearly blew . Have to look at Portland IMO as we play on them vs bad teams away and fade vs good ones it seems

OKC is back to that cash cow but especially played well at home w/o Durant and Green . Can they take down another big shot ?? Also an under team w/o those 2 and will that change now that they are back ??

Houston just cant catch their breath which is what plagued PHO. NO rest , thin bench and tough game after tough game ....NOH though looked like shit IMO on their road trip and think I like Houston here .....

:cheers:

NJ rallies takes the led by three thanks to a ton of 3s and 16-2 run down 100-89 in the closing minutes . End result another blown game . Now they have to go to resting DENVER who they beat by uhm 40 or so last time they played. Denver takingcare of business vs LAC and OKC lately . Think they win by DDs and would guess line only can go HIGHER ..Harris status as well..??

Grizz off a SU road win @ Detriot which they nearly blew . Have to look at Portland IMO as we play on them vs bad teams away and fade vs good ones it seems

OKC is back to that cash cow but especially played well at home w/o Durant and Green . Can they take down another big shot ?? Also an under team w/o those 2 and will that change now that they are back ??

Houston just cant catch their breath which is what plagued PHO. NO rest , thin bench and tough game after tough game ....NOH though looked like shit IMO on their road trip and think I like Houston here .....

already on Den -9.5 and i think this line rises after Harris is confirmed out.
as you noted this is a revenge game for denver and NJ is on b2b. Ouch*

I think SA takes care of business before they go home.

NOH did look like shit especially against Chicago, this team needs to get off CP's back and help carry the load.

Think the apparent is also real. Got Denver at 10 due to bad shopping. Houston last 20 losses is 16-4 su after the loss which is strong and with Miss Tracy not playing you have to be interested in them. The problem though is what haunted Houston against the Spurs. Brooks seems to have shut down on passing and become a shooting guard. He has 3 asts last 2 games and Parker just walked on him. Not obviou why Paul can not do the same. Raw team strength seems to favor Houston but even with Lowry helping not sure they can survive this weakness. Have no idea where Mutombo has gone. Why is he not getting at least 10 minutes a game.
Spurs have certainly improved with Gooden. The last 10 times they have played away first game of a b-b they are 4-5-1 ats and this will be their 12th game without 2 days off. Put in a parlay of Bobcats plus 6 to Denver ml fairly cheaply. Bobcats getting 6 or less are 10-1 ats last 11 and 12-3 last 15 so hard to pass it up. Really the nail bitter seems to be Houston and i just need more information. Over the season I have favored Houston as a much better team than NO and would like to play them but if the game is going to be see Paul dance around while Houston has ineffectual point guard support---. Seems vey hard to bet against that 16-4 su record after a loss. Just have to think about it.

"The more urgent matter, however, was the condition of Harris. X-rays were negative, and the severity probably won't be determined until an MRI is performed. A short time after Sunday night's loss, the Nets ruled the point guard out of Monday night's final game out of the trip in Denver."

(from another site)

Tuck, I think you're going to see Lowry slowly take over. Brooks was given the shot, but I think the Rockets realize he is a more off the bench type of lead guard much like Barbosa.

Lowry has received the respect of Artest and I think Lowry becomes the starting pg in the next few games.

Denver got BLOWN out by the nets at home by almost 50 points; its time for payback.

I'm probably going to be the only guy on NJN tonight, but really can't trust the Thugets to cover 2 DD spreads in a row at home, even with the built-in revenge factor at work.

Situation is eerily similar to the 2/25 DEN game at home vs ATL. Both teams were playing the last game of 4-5 game West Coast road trips, had injured/sick star players (ATL had no Josh Smith or Bibby), and the both lines opened up at 9.5 (although this one is now 13 b/c of Harris). DEN kicked the shit out of them for 3 quarters and then relaxed in the 4th and ended up relaxing in the 4th and winning by 1.

I know no Harris is huge as he was the catalyst of that blowout in NJ, but the Nets are still 12-6 ATS on 0 days rest (3-1 ATS when they are on a B2B and their opponent has had 1 day) and DEN is 1-3 ATS laying between 11 and 13.5 points.

BTW DEN has failed to cover 2 DD spreads in a row at home. Closest they got was 2/3 vs SA when they were -11.5. I remember that line went bonkers as well when word got out that Manu, TD, and Parker were going to be given the night off. I guess early bettors would have cashed as it opened way lower than 11.5, but I'll gladly wait for all the people this afternoon to continue to push this line higher before taking the points.

Brief look at Toronto at Bobcats. Reasonably sure i wind up betting on this game. Also sure it will be at half time. Toronto showed real improvement vs Detroit. They than won an empty calorie victory against Indiana. Indiana played a little in the first quarter and than simply died. Beating them by 23 was better than losing but did not indicate any substantial gain. This season away I believe they have covered 3 spreads away where they lost. Do not see fatigue as being an issue for them here just winning is a pump up and they have 3 days off so once again see no pull to under.
Bobcats have been playing bad d. Maybe Cleveland can heal themselves over night but not seeing that in the Bobcats. Okafor played almost 31 minutes 4-8 and 5 rebounds. i guess its improvement but in that game he should have done much better. Bargnani wins no contest. Just looking at last 2 games for both teams Toronto seems to have better players and a better chance to win this game. Sub thread Marion against Diaw and Bell. Think all three have strong games. I think Bobcats lost their nerve at Spurs in the fourth. Then they played a another top team and way outmatched they lost more confidence. Then they played a minn team that clearly had set up resting key players and was aimed specificly at beating them and already in a weakened state they went down. Weak urges at Toronto ml and over emerge. Not willing to play the ml right now. The Bobcats at some point are simply going to explode. Could easily be this game. When they explode do not see it being pretty. They might win this game by 18 or more. Will just play pick a side at half time. Favor over a little but mostly favor half time. Sub issue of Felton also needs to be resolved. See him recently as a negative.
Stop and Go
19-24 20-35-16-33 15-22 This is what the Nets did to Denver last time. The margin of victory is 1 thing. That fact that up by 39 the Nets still beat them by 5 in the fourth is another. This is not a forgive and forget situation. You may need a very high number here. GL

Last edited:
If there was ever big chalk to play...It's Denver tonight. I think I saw 9.5 yesterday before the injury but even at 13 I think they win this by 20. Excellent spot.

so tuck, based on your stats for the bobcats, would they still be a good play at 7.5. also, you mentioned your parlay with den ml, but weak urges for tor ml, so just wanted to get your final thoughts.

also, for BAR and tuck, would denver still be a good play at 13? worried that the increase in the line is making den public favourite

I personally would prolly lay it in this situation. Obviously when there was I think a 9.5 out there at this time yesterday it's tough to swallow. I think this one could turn ugly.

In the toronto Charlott matchup, I dont think you should look at Okafor on Bargnani as it'll very likely be okafor on Bosh with diaw on Bargnani. I really like Charlotte here just because of how important it is for them. Have played Charlotte -7 and Charlotte, Portland, Denver ML parlay which is around even money

i like the parlay SF, might do the same myself. and your spot on with the matchups, it will be diaw on bargs and okafor on bosh

Wont matter who's is on Bosh or Bargs; its a mismatch anyway you slice it.

BTW, back end of a b2B has been the Raps strongest spot all year.

Adding Denver minus 2.5 fourth quarter. 20-26 fourth vs Utah when they blew them out by 20. Hard to imagine Vince playing in the fourth tonight. Regarding the parlay. Portland is in a state of collapse right now. They are getting nothing from anyone but the top players and both backup point guards are useless. Portland is off a loss and Memphis is off a undeserved win so my theme would normally be Portland but betting on Portland right now is too dangerous. No one who knows this team now is talking playoffs. They are talking new players. i am not sure what to say Lungster. Above I made it clear I was unsure when the Bobcats would snap out of this and Toronto has some talented useful players. To me you have to wait but a 2 team parlay of Bobcats to Denver might not be terrible. May look silly saying this because i do not think Memphis is a strong team at all but Portland is Roy, Aldridge, Joel, Blake and Outlaw. The other players are nothing right now and 5 player teams traveling on the road are not good. This team is not to be trusted.

I personally would prolly lay it in this situation. Obviously when there was I think a 9.5 out there at this time yesterday it's tough to swallow. I think this one could turn ugly.

why no play BAR?

also, maybe its because of march madness or finals right now, but the nba forum has turned kinda quiet lately

Played Memphis plus 6. Not really sure who the favorite should be so taking seems mandatory.

Over 97.5 1H in Charlotte. These haven't been your low-scoring Bobcats in regards to 1H's in recent games. Plus as Tuck mentioned above, they're not playing that well on Defense either.

Lol, Raps with 8 turnovers in the first 6 mins, yet only down 3.

Raps on pace for 64 turnovers for the game.

It's painful trying to think about these games today ..

Played Raps 1st H , Over 1st H (then probably go under 2nd H ) , Bobcats -7

Rockets +3 1st H -105 , Rockets +6.5 -120 , and adding the over

Thats all for now ...Think Port wins SU but Memphis ATS and looking @ OKC as well ...

Hate the no rest affter a 4 game road swing for memphis . So playing Memphis 1st Q and 1st H pretty strong then Portland 3rd Quarter and probably Port 4th Quarter

Everything went wrong for the Raps in the 1Q. They are EXTREMELY lucky to be down only 5.

8 TO's
getting killed in the paint
No Bosh/Caldy for half the 1Q.

Not impressed with one moment of NOH recent 4 game swing vs bad to medicore teams . Houston off a SU loss at home this season appears to be 7-1 next game which was a 2 pt loss in OT @ PORT . Not much indepth research into that because didnt pay much attention to lines, opponents and spreads . Just think Houston likes a challenge ...they played well @ Utah in a tough 4 in 5 days spot recently . Yao will be missed but think Battier , landry , Artest step up ..

Rockets ML as well

keeping Houston over small as they are just 1-2 Over when Yao is out this year

Going with Memphis 1st Q , 1st H and Full game . Portland 3rd Q and 4th Q . Like Memphis 1st H ML but cant play those .....

Reason is momentum after a nice road win then hitting the wall after half IMO on the heels of returning home:cheers:

Coaching stupidity at its largest.

2Q half over, yet Bargnani has yet to see the court. meanwhile the Bobcats string it out to the largest lead of the game.

Raps shot 4-17 in that 2Q.

Bobcats just played the perfect 1H. no way they keep this up.

Small cowardly ml play on Nets 2nd half. Would not want to risk the win with OKC.

NOLA is a disgrace

their offense in inept and if CP aint on the floor all game, they stall, panic and waste clock cause no one wants to step up

Rockets +220 ML !! Missed the over by 2 points but it was a small play . Pretty much what I expected though . NOH would have lost all 4 games on the trip if they played teams that werent next to dead like Milw and Wash .

Had the Portland game all backward . Started getting the feeling it was a sucker bet at the last moment thats why I got out of my game play . Had to play hoop so my chicken scratch post was the best I could do . Just felt Memphis hung with them @ Port +11 would have expected more like 4 here . Think 6 was bait for us . I missed on 1st H Memphis and 1st Q , lost on Port 3rd Q as they only pushed and won the Port 4th Q ...crap !

Had OKC and Under small plus split 2 props Green vs Mason and Durant vs TP ..

Last moment added Denver 1st H and small Den full game so that choke job hurt in the 2nd Q...

All in all scrapped by a few bucks ..

Definetly paying close attention to lines now.. Char a little fat at -7.5 blows out Tor and Port 6 or 6.5 @ memphis wns by DD....:cheers:

Back