Monday lines and discussion

Dallas should be good and pissed. Orlando if it is at least 6 tomorrow I'll jump on. Hope Dallas doesn't go over 6. Book doesn't open till mid morning so everyone, do me a favor, hammer the Cavs and Sixers for me. LOL

First thoughts :

Why did the make SA favored ? Seems like they are begging for Toronto money. Spurs have same season payback and Raps have dropped 2 straight. Tough to not want to take Toronto especially with SA B2B trend and 3rd in 4 on the long road trip.

Philly is probably playing its best ball in awhile . While Dallas just shows no consistency , lacks a bench and cant figure out there PG situation. Obviously not rusing to fade Dallas off a SU loss but again the elite teams are just a step down from last year when it comes to playing on the road.

Interesting in that Lakers have lost a few straight to Charlotte. Bobcats look terrible lately and LAL is playin about as well as could be expected. Woulh have to be LAL or pass and maybe 1st Half over...

Clearly terrible spot for Cle. Playing 4 in 5 days and 5 in 7 days. Shorthanded and over relying on the King.

Bucks are over reliant on Mo Williams at this point so his health is key. LAc goes home after this and hasnt played that bad on the trip sans Philly.

Curious to see what they put Portland at..thinking 8 pts...Rockets playing well and Portland is struggling but get Roy back...maybe LAL , ORL and Hou s ML parlay??

Lets see hwta happens with Washington tonight and as always Butler and Daniles availability.

Pretty lackluster card...:cheers:

P, where did you see ORL @ -4? Pinny already has them at -8. Lebron is straight tired. He can score but his defense is suffering tremendously because he is forced to run all over the court like a crazy man. Boy do i feel sorry for him. Tommorow night he is going to be going to a gun fight with a knife.

dallas at philly o/u 187 .5
is this begging to trance me in after watching philly run that fastbreak ?

mind bogglingly effective recently . if you saw their last games you saw flying dunks by dalembert , willie green , lou williams , iguodala .... and so on , on the break led by bucktooth brigade get out of his way andre miller . they are really clicking coming out with alot of contagious energy , and this new found success leads me to believe philly will not be shy tomorrow about puttin sneakerprints across doink's fucked up grill .

sure they crippled the helpless clippers late in that game stifling any chance for an over winner , but will they contain doink nowrongski after the miserable game he had tonite against new jersey ?

redemption . stress it . get it together quick .

avery gonna whoop it up .

after gettin clowned by the nets you best believe jiminy cricket gonna be hoppin mad talkin all weird voiced about offensive proficiency . 82 points .
that's for the nuns in the convent league who play play only 40 minutes .

Dallas fatigue perhaps?

they had the 4 game est coast trip..came home for 2...then back east for 2...then home for one..followed by an away game before the break...

99-84 back in November in Dallas fwiw

Spurs have lost back to back games on 5 occasions this year, and one time they lost 3 in a row. So I don't think they automatically rebound after a loss. Not sure about where they are going to get scoring from other than Duncan and Ginobli? Usually the Raps have all kinds of trouble with the Spurs because primarily the Raps are a jump shooting team, other than BOSH no one really drives consistently to the hoop. Duncan also kills the Raps as they have no one to cover him. Also I dont think they can stop Ginobli. The Raps are sometimes tough at home, but they lost recently to the Lakers pretty bad and are not good vs the ELite, but the Spurs as i noted above are old and not great on back to backs. Plus with no Parker they are in cruise control and don't take care about losses now.

Houston is hot for sure, and Portland struggles with big guys and I think they are coming back to earth and will not win games on the road vs elite teams now. Houston is as hot as they come now. Houston went into Portland a few weeks ago and won the game. Houston is very balanced, Mcgrady,ming, wells, scola. they have tons of scorers and a good D.

Charlotte is coming off 5 blowout losses in a row. BUt Lakers have a game tonight and then on Wednesday at Minny, I am thinking they struggle badly in one of these two games, maybe at Minny? Last game of a big road trip. Charlotte is not even competitive of late, so Lakers should win the game.

Golden state may be favored by -10 here I am thinking over Washington. THis may be interesting because in G State's last 19 games they have allowed over 100 points in 16 of those 19. It may be hard for them to cover this one if they allow over 100. NO D= NO cover.

Philly is hot as NUT posted. They have a good mix, they are a team that can beat any team at home on any night. Can they beat the Mavs, yes but if the Mavs come out motivated they can win by 6 here. Maybe the Mavs will have trouble covering Andre Miller? That Berrea guy cannot cover him he stinks.

Would not lay -8 with Orlando, because they cannot cover James, but if a team is tired they generally mail it in. However with Orlando they are not a team I trust because they cannot cover James.

RECAP- AS SPORTSNUT said- THere is value in Houston MONEYLINE and LAKERS as both should get the wins here. THey are 2 of the hottest teams in the league.

Home DOGS- Philly and Raps- Now these 2 teams are decent. However they are playing 2 of the elites both coming off losses? However both elites have no point guards. Tough games for sure, would probably pass on these two.

Road DOG- Washington is a possible play. They are playing close games of late, not getting blown out. Also I like taking a team taht is playing well, but losing like 6 in a row, because I know they will at least try and not pull a Charlotte and mail it in.

Cleveland may be tired so I would not take a team that has no legs, either they show up and cover easy or mail in it tomorrow.

11-4 to the under last 15 road games for dallas .

philly 7-1 over last 8 as home underdog .

weary legs and philly drives by them ?

philly avg 95 at home .
dallas gives up 95 points on the road .

95 . the magic number .

IF you guys think Dallas is tired consider this.

They play in Philly tonight, then back in Dallas vs Portland on Wednesday and then in PHOENIX on thursday.

:line::tired::line:
iguodala and williams on the break with dampier in the middle and my bitch rocked my johnson face all in his walk as he lumbers on D

Moneyline parlay? Houston-Orlando-lakers? This should hit, We are playing vs the Bobcats, Blazers and Cavs, but have teams that are hot.

Moneyline parlay? Houston-Orlando-lakers? This should hit, We are playing vs the Bobcats, Blazers and Cavs, but have teams that are hot.
Solid

If not for B2B and injuries CHA would be a play for me tomorrow.

I watched the Cats tonight...they start to try on defense but exhibit patience and you can get any shot you want.

san an sucks on away b2b how can they be favored at toronto? makes no sense.

Tonight, from what I have seen till now, Spurs, Dallas and Charlotte are the plays, all three probably ML + line.
spurs did great without Parker until last night and even than, were in the game till the end. Tonight they should revenge the loss to Toronto. Spurs play twice in a row with a home court loss revenge factor. Raps and Cavs.

Dallas the same story as the Spurs. Did good lately and Sixers started to win a bit to soon. They usually wake up around the middle of March. Don't think that Sixers will be able to play the same level till the end.

Charlotte are athletic, fast and badly needs a win. Lakers are tired and after too many wins. I'm not sure that Jackson would be pleased finishing on such a high note the road trip, before the All Star break. Wallace (should return, no?), Okafor, Richardson, should really make it hard for Gasol, Odom and Bryant.

Will see if anything else pops later...

Dallas is 4-5 SU & 2-6-1 ATS last 9 away
Dallas is 8-3 SU & 1-7-3 ATS their last 11 as a Fav
Dallas is 9-5 SU & 2-9-3 ATS their last 14 overall

Dallas has had 13 scheduling chances to lose consecutive road games this season, but it's only happened twice (15.3% of the time).

------------------------

Philadelphia has played a game off 3 SU wins in a row 3 times this season: they are 0-3 ATS in those subsequent games.

Philly is 5-9 SU in home games decided by 8 pts or less (35.7 win%).

Philly is 5-2 SU & 6-0-1 ATS their last 7 overall.

------------------------

The Lakers are 14-4 ATS their last 18 road games.

------------------------

The Clippers are 6-1-1 to Over their last 8 road games.

------------------------

Milwaukee is 5-0 to Under coming off 3 consecutive Over results, this season.

------------------------

Washington is 7-0 to Over their last 7 road games.

------------------------

Toronto is 4-1 SU & ATS playing a home B2B game off a road game the night before, this season (4-0 last 4 instances).

Toronto is 1-5 SU in home games decided by 8 pts or less (16.6 win%).

------------------------

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the talk that good teams repond well off a loss??
Spurs and mavs could be plays tom, yeah i know its been said 10,596 times that spurs suck at the 2nd of back to backs but they really do match up well against the dinasours, thing is raps shoot a ton of jumpshots (even bosh doesnt take it at the hole at times, bosh even shoot jumpers) and the spurs do defend the perimeter well, bowen, finley and yeah bowen protege udoka are talented wing defenders, spurs are also a talented rebounding team... so will it be fatigue or matchups, make your pick
Mavs are hurt, no real pg, offensive sets are bad at this time and cant get anything going, sixers however are playing better ball, rebounding and defending and btw are trying to run fastbreaks, so are the sixers a play? not yet, mavs respond well in my opinion after a blowout loss, anyone remeber when mavs lost to the stons in blowout fashion in an early game and how they kick the sh*t out of the magic the next day?

Lakers are playing a long road trip, they have had some good wins, though this team maybe fatigued, lots of minutes for the stars, would have put some dimes on the kitties if g-wallace plays, no opnion on the side now... lakers and kitties are both uptempo teams, does the total look low?
anyone?

king james seems to lost atleast 4 of his 7 top soldiers and junk are starting to play, there may be a chance all top 3 big men sit against the magic, Andre V is out for a few more weeks, gooden has that thigh thing though he may play, big z left the game not sure on his status, who's left on that front line? dwayne jones (who?) and donyell marshall who's starting to grow into matt boner, king james btw is playing hurt.. how bout em backcourt... sasha, hughes,gibson and jones may be hurt but some may play, only chance for the cavs is if james drop 40, 15 in the fourth... i really wish i had the magic at-4, not sure about the line now

for the clips-bucks game, c-mac is playing like superman and sammy has been auditioning and doing his best for his probable new team at the deadline, bucks are starting to become healthy... don't like this game no opinon

Rockets should dominate the blazers at will, blazers are starting to sh*t the bed again after the amazing run, rockets are starting their run now, using a ton of weapons in tmac, yao and together with role players (battier and scola) and bench players (brooks, bonzi and yeah landry), they have chemistry and motivation, interesting to see the line

WAS-GS
lots of wiz starters playing over 35 minutes as they are injury plagued, also interesting to see the line on this game, problems for gs? well webber hasn't gelled in yet and captain jax may sit due to ankle pain

Last edited:
Back