Monday Hoops with Handy

handy

Pretty much a regular
Hi there,

Welcome to Monday hoops with Handy on a Sunday. Well that's if you're reading this a day early otherwise happy Monday.

First off, do you have the stomach to bet against Georgetown and Kansas Monday night? Wow, two very, very tough looking bets to make. I can tell you I'm not looking to bet against the hottest team in the country. Yeah, they could be in for a very tough game Monday night but a long time ago someone told me one of the best ways to lose your money is to bet against the streak. I'm going to stay free and clear of this one but the oddsmakers are predicting a close game.

There is no way I want any part of Oklahoma. They're in free fall. For those of you who like to follow line movement it appears that both of these games the line is dropping against public action.

I would rather bet San Diego at home getting points over Gonzaga. Not sure if I will make this bet but it's certainly on my radar screen.

I believe there are a few nice opportunities to make money in the NBA tonight.

Sacramento at Philly - OK the Kings will be without Artest and will be playing second of a back to back. Probably not a bad spot to take Philly if you can still get your hands on -2. I know they took this game off the board once word of Artest leaving the team for personal reasons. Let me guess he's having problems with his dogs??

Miami at NY- C'mon now this one looks like a real deal on the Knicks. Miami playing back to back with old tired legs. I can see the Knicks having their way in this one.

Toronto at SA - Well no play for me but I'm not a believer in the Raptors. Say what you want they're a good tough out at home but they're not ready to compete with the iron of the NBA on the road. Perhaps they will surprise me and win this game but my money isn't going on them at SA. I can think of better ways to spend my money than hoping for a back door cover.

Denver at Memphis - Finally a game Denver is capable of winning??? Maybe. I would think so but this Nuggets team is brutal and I see no reason to risk laying points with a team which can't win home games let alone road games. On the flip side I want nothing to do with Memphis unless I get enough points to make me think they're going to lose but hang around. C'mon that's all they're trying to do anyways.

Atlanta at Dallas - Well what are the chances the Hawks can compete with the Mavs? I will say 25% for a half. Dallas can name the final margin of victory. I have no interest getting involved in this gambling headache.

Boston at Houston - Buyer beware with the Rockets. They had a tough physical game with Orlando Sunday while Boston rested. I just have a feeling you're not going to see a max effort out of Houston tonight. Something tells me they just do enough to win. No, my money doesn't go on Boston.

Orlando at Chicago - What has happened to the Magic? Talk about a team in free fall. That being said I think the Bulls win. Close game. However, I won't drop my money on Orlando at just about any NBA points spread right now.

Lakers at Jazz - Finally a game which I think might be worth betting with confidence. That's if Utah has their players and the oddsmakers post a long number I will take the Jazz. I won't mind laying 7 or 8 but if it's two or three buyer beware.

Portland at Seattle - Seattle is healthy once again. They should be a tough out at home tonight but Portland is playing pretty well so be careful.'

Bobcats at Clippers - Well this could be a great underdog bet on the Bobcats. LAC sucks and I'll bet you didn't know the Bobcats are 15-13 over their last 28 games. In other words they're playing better than their opponent. The funny thing is the posted line will probably be 7 or 8 simply because of the name Bobcats. I'm looking to bet Charlotte in this game as I think there is real value in this one.

Good luck and as always life is dandy when you're capping the game with a capper named Handy!!

Handy, I want to make a point in the most constructive manner I can.

While you make some good points on some of the game you have mentioned...do you plan on making any plays or just handing out critique on them.

Thanks

Good stuff. Before you touch the Char @ LAC game checkout the updated injury list. Okeafor , Knight and Wallace all questionable mixed in with Thomas and Cassell as game-time decisions and Kaman doubtful(Christie OUT).

I tend to agree with Utah, Bobcats and especially looking deep at NY. Considering Chicago as well. Just early leans.

Don't lean you might fall. LOL

I saw a number of 4 floating around on the Knicks. I think scoresandodds had it on their site.

The Clippers will be laying 6 points. I'm pretty confident about that unless their are all kinds of injuries. LAC isn't worth shit right now and Charlotte is playing much better basketball.

Handy, why do you think taking the Bobcats +6 on the West coast is a good bet, but you had a thread Friday night saying the Bobcats at home -3 against the Sixers was a bad bet saying they were just a "sexy team." Seems like Charlotte -3 at home vs the Sixers would have been a better spot then +6 on the west coast vs a better team.

GL w/ whatever you take

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Handy-Good luck to you tomorrow! Greetings from Los Angeles!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ATL,

Are you sure the Clippers are better than the Bobcats? I'm not. I thought Charlotte wasn't a great bet laying points. If you look at their upcoming three game West Coast trip the game which they're most likely to win is at LAC. They will be at Sacramento Wednesday night and we all know how difficult it is to win there. Especially for young teams. The last game is Thursday at Portland and it will also be something like their 7th game in 10 days. Go look at their schedule and you will likely agree that their best chance to get a game this week is likely at LAC. The Clippers suck.

Don't lean you might fall. LOL

I saw a number of 4 floating around on the Knicks. I think scoresandodds had it on their site.

The Clippers will be laying 6 points. I'm pretty confident about that unless their are all kinds of injuries. LAC isn't worth shit right now and Charlotte is playing much better basketball.
:an_roll_laugh:

ATL,

Are you sure the Clippers are better than the Bobcats? I'm not. I thought Charlotte wasn't a great bet laying points. If you look at their upcoming three game West Coast trip the game which they're most likely to win is at LAC. They will be at Sacramento Wednesday night and we all know how difficult it is to win there. Especially for young teams. The last game is Thursday at Portland and it will also be something like their 7th game in 10 days. Go look at their schedule and you will likely agree that their best chance to get a game this week is likely at LAC. The Clippers suck.

I meant the Clips are better than the Sixers, especially at home, but I agree its their best chance to get a win. GL today

Are you sure the Clippers are better than the Sixers? I'm not. This Clippers team is terrible. I don't know what happened with this team but they're in the tanker. Philly appears to be trying on a nightly basis. Not sure if LAC does.

Yea I'm pretty sure the Clips are better than the Sixers, but I'm assuming this is a moot point considering all the injuries with Charlotte. GL if you're playing it

Handy,

Great to read your thoughts - as always!!!!!!!!!!
You are the main reason that I am here - followed you from "over there"...
(where I remember B.A.R. as the Detroit expert)

Looks like they gave us the "right" number for Utah tonight and the public is loving the points with a team that just won a blowout last night on the road :wacka wacka:

Have a great night and thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Back