Monday good fortune Discussion

Sale has some solid ownage vs LAA, though Trout and Pujols have both taken him deep. Shoemaker has been one of the hottest pitchers in baseball, if not the

Wash better get this one tonight as they have Greinke/Kershaw on deck - LAD in a tough spot, but not going to be in a good mood after a tough series in Pit

Sale has some solid ownage vs LAA, though Trout and Pujols have both taken him deep. Shoemaker has been one of the hottest pitchers in baseball, if not the

Amazing that Shoemaker has given up 0 earned runs in L3 starts and LAA is only 1-2 in those games.

Colorado lineup still potent, even without Tulo. Actually like the way it looks with Reyes in the 2 spot. Mets should be the fave, but the lines in Wash and now in NY are just out of control.

Colorado lineup still potent, even without Tulo. Actually like the way it looks with Reyes in the 2 spot. Mets should be the fave, but the lines in Wash and now in NY are just out of control.
the emergence of Cargo has been huge for that team.

i mean no i dont think so somewhat. i agree he's feeling fatigue. but it can't continue to go to the shitter for him....right? lol. vegas has him a solid favorite too

i mean no i dont think so somewhat. i agree he's feeling fatigue. but it can't continue to go to the shitter for him....right? lol. vegas has him a solid favorite too
haha we weren't going to get sale cheap any how, unless he was lined up against the elite...west coast to east coast will work in his favour just don't like that CWS team make up at all and would consider LAA based on Shoe's recent performance.

they were very hot not too long ago. the yankees series killed them and they haven't recovered since. they are putting up runs though. they got swept by kc but they had their chances, put runs up.

they were very hot not too long ago. the yankees series killed them and they haven't recovered since. they are putting up runs though. they got swept by kc but they had their chances, put runs up.
in current form though; Shoe > Volquez, Guthrie and Duffy...seems like i'm talking myself into a play on Angels at this point

Wash better get this one tonight as they have Greinke/Kershaw on deck - LAD in a tough spot, but not going to be in a good mood after a tough series in Pit
agreed will be on Washington tonight; as mentioned early, I don't think they have much hope against kershaw/greinke

I agree for sure. I thought the White Sox would get one at least in KC. And they were in every game, each was a one run game.

Hard to back the White Sox. Obviously Sale helps and being home helps. Sale's numbers vs. Angels are nasty though. Leaning under the more I think about it.

I agree for sure. I thought the White Sox would get one at least in KC. And they were in every game, each was a one run game.

Hard to back the White Sox. Obviously Sale helps and being home helps. Sale's numbers vs. Angels are nasty though. Leaning under the more I think about it.

his last start against the rays, he had nasty numbers against them too, i was inbetween archer/sale for draftkings and I went with him knowing how well he dominated them (yea i'm grumps about it)...should be an interesting game,

his last start against the rays, he had nasty numbers against them too, i was inbetween archer/sale for draftkings and I went with him knowing how well he dominated them (yea i'm grumps about it)...should be an interesting game,

good point. sale has had the worst two game stretch of his career. Basically four game stretch. so it's between betting he is fatigued/gassed or that he will turn it around. hard to continue to bet against an ace like him.

i took the under. good luck with what you decide.

the emergence of Cargo has been huge for that team.

emergence? lol

good point. sale has had the worst two game stretch of his career. Basically four game stretch. so it's between betting he is fatigued/gassed or that he will turn it around. hard to continue to bet against an ace like him.

i took the under. good luck with what you decide.

Sale has been terrible his last several starts. Due for a bounceback if ever.

hard to say he's going to give up 7 ER for the third straight start, but his team doesn't exactly inspire any confidence

Not ready to bet anything but do LEAN Baltimore, Angels, Mets and KC with some interest in Philadelphia

emergence? lol

hard to say he's going to give up 7 ER for the third straight start, but his team doesn't exactly inspire any confidence

let's be honest, he was anon factor prior to the all star break.

I like AZ.

Harang can't go more than 5 innings. De la rosa has been decent.

Phillies still 18-38 on road, team is improved and offense is nice but still a different team on road. I took AZ -1 and barely paid any juice.

Copy and paste - for information only

Series information

BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 10

Colorado at N.Y. Mets (4) 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th
The Mets return to CitiField where they have dominated the competition in 2015 (38-18, +$1745) to face a Colorado team that is only 5-17 (-$1180) vs. lefthanders, averaging just 3.5 runs per game in those contests). Jonathan Niese (3.64 ERA), New York’s lone southpaw starter, is expected to appear, We’ll jump on board when he’s on the mound. PREFERRED: Niese.

Philadelphia at Arizona (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Diamondbacks suffered a sweep at the hands of Philadelphia at Citizens Bank (-$380) and the Phillies are only 10-29 (-$1320) on the road against righthanders. If the price is reasonable we’ll take a shot with Arizona. PREFERRED: Diamondbacks at -140 or less.

Washington at L.A. Dodgers (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Nationals are stumbling along (3-7, -$390 last 10 days) and they have a problem visiting Chavez Ravine, considering their pitiful showing on the road in night games (-$1190). LA is 31-13 (+$970) vs. righthanders at home, averaging 5.2 runs per game at night. PREFERRED: Dodgers vs. righthanders.

Cincinnati at San Diego (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Reds have performed poorly when playing outside of Great American Ballpark (-$1015) and it’s likely they’ll be opposed by veteran James Shields at some point. Shields has been flashing top form in his starts here at Petco Park (2.47 ERA in 10 outings), so we’ll lay the price when he goes. PREFERRED: Shields.

Detroit at Kansas City (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Royals have a 4-3 edge vs. the Tigers in earlier competition (+$140), and they are playoff bound, while Detroit is looking ahead to next year and beyond. The formidable KC rotation (3.58 team ERA) should take at least 2 of 3. PREFERRED: Royals in all games.

L.A. Angels at Chicago W. Sox (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Angels are well suited to this opponent, given the high number of lefties in the Chicago rotation. LA checks in with a 14-5 record against southpaws in night games (+$820). In addition, the White Sox have averaged a pitiful 2.8 runs per game vs. lefties, so we have a number of angles we can use, all of which lead us to the visitor. PREFERRED: Angels vs. lefthanders/Lefthanders vs. the White Sox.

Baltimore at Seattle (3) 10th, 11th, 12th
The Mariners have an interesting duo in Mike Montgomery (3.07 ERA in 12 starts) and Taijuan Walker (2.40 last two starts) who are slated to see action against the Orioles. Baltimore is only 7-22 on the road at night (-$1575) and two of these are scheduled evening affairs. PREFERRED: Montgomery & Walker in night games.

BEGINNING TUESDAY, AUGUST 11

Milwaukee at Chicago Cubs (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
The Cubs are 16-9 in night games at Wrigley Field (+$605) and the Brewers are in another ugly tailspin (2-9, -$695 in their last 11, averaging just 1.8 runs per game). Easy call on the competitive home team in this one. PREFERRED: Cubs in night games.

Pittsburgh at St. Louis (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
Another chance for the Pirates to make up ground on the NL Central leader, a team with whom they’ve split the first 10 head to head meetings. The Cardinals have far less success against lefthanders (-$390, averaging just 3.7 runs per game) and they’ll no doubt face at least one southpaw when the Bucs roll into Busch Stadium. PREFERRED: Lefthanders vs. the Cardinals.

Oakland at Toronto (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
The Blue Jays took 2 out of 3 at the Coliseum earlier and the Athletics are struggling again (3-7, -$375 last 10 days). But we still don’t trust Toronto outside of Rogers Centre (-$760) so we’ll wait until game day before weighing in. PREFERRED: None.

N.Y. Yankees at Cleveland (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
The Yankees will face an all-righty Cleveland rotation, a situation that could prove problematic (New York 10-18, -$985 in night games vs. righthanders on the road). But the Tribe has been absolutely dreadful when playing here at Progressive Field (-$2420) so we’ll pass on this one. PREFERRED: None.

Texas at Minnesota (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
The Rangers have a terrific record outside of Arlington (+$2275) but they’ll be squaring off against a Minnesota team that has dominated the competition here at Target Field (+$1560). Not much of an edge either way so we’ll stay away for now. PREFERRED: None.

Boston at Miami (2) 11th, 12th
The Marlins do fare somewhat better when taking on lefthanders, producing a modest profit at home (+$95) while averaging 4.2 runs per game overall. The Red Sox have a couple of lefthanders who may see action in this series, none of whom give us much cause for concern. Boston is only 20-31 (-$990) outside of Fenway Pak this year. PREFERRED: Marlins vs. lefthanders

Atlanta at Tampa Bay (2) 11th, 12th
The sad sack Braves are currently 12-25 on the road in night games (-$930), barely averaging 3.0 runs per game in those contests. If they send a lefthanders to the mound at Tropicana Field we’ll back he Rays, given their impressive 18-11 (+$610) record against southpaws in 2015. PREFERRED: Rays vs. lefthanders.

Houston at San Francisco (2) 11th, 12th
The Astros are in the red as a visitor (-$420) and the lefties on their rotation could be vulnerable to a surging SF squad that checks in with a 15-9 (+$810) record against southpaws. Good matchup of quality contenders. PREFERRED: Giants vs. lefthanders.

good news, had feared Astros face Toronto which should be lock like in their next game.

Oakland at Toronto (3) 11th, 12th, 13th
The Blue Jays took 2 out of 3 at the Coliseum earlier and the Athletics are struggling again (3-7, -$375 last 10 days). But we still don’t trust Toronto outside of Rogers Centre (-$760) so we’ll wait until game day before weighing in. PREFERRED: None.
Too funny. Toronto has not lost off a shutout and they are AWESOME off a day off

By the way could someone check. When i looked at Colorado game logs I thought I saw no road wins vs lefties but I could have missed one but doubt 2. Team is 5-19 vs Lefties

Rubby on 4 4-3 5.67 ERA.
Arizona vs soft opposition 6-4 last 10 at home
Philadelphia 7-3 last 10 on the road and in general the hottest team in baseball. Not intending to keep posting on this. You could do much better looking for change in pay phones then betting against this team. Just assume I am normally on them.

I think Hedges goes tonight as catcher for Padres which is a big gain for Padres with Ian

For some reason unable to paste Killersports
Phillies 7-0 last 7 first games of series as a dog
Reds 0-13 in a complicated situation that applies tonight but I do not put much stock in
Another complicated one that says today goes over in Dodgers game??

Played Rockies RL + Royals ML parlay (+140), White Sox TT under 3' (-110), Dodgers TT under 3' (-110)

A few numbers in support:

Shoemakers opposition TTs this season (19 starts) finishing at 3 or less: 13 of 19 overall starts, 8 of 10 on road, 6 of 6 last 6, 12 of 15 vs teams other than the A's

Cueto as home fave with total between 6 and 7: 19-4-1 ML
Royals L28 as fave: 21-7 ML
Royals L51 as home fave: 35-16 ML
Royals L64 at home: 44-20 ML

Mets: 19 of 59 wins overall by one run, and 15 of 38 home wins by one run
Niese: this season, 6 of 21 starts have been multi-run wins, 3 of 10 at home; career vs Rockies, 1 of 7 starts have been multi-run wins; hasn't pitched particularly well at home (4.30 home ERA vs 3.51 overall ERA)

Beyond that, think:
- Shoemaker continues to dominate,
- Cueto has to be champing at the bit to get his first W as a Royal, and i think he'll pitch well in his first home start with the great energy from the home crowd in that ballpark
- as mentioned above, Dodgers in terrible spot, kind of game in which bats usually struggle (off SNB and long trip)

Your numbers on Niese need to separate games on 4 (bad) 5 (very good)
4=6.75 ERA based on 31.1 innings
5=2.80 ERA based on 64.1 innings
He is playing on 5 and his team is off 2 losses

Dodger game tough. Anderson on 4 is good but he is about to face an offense that really likes left handed pitching. Gio is not allowed to pitch long. Lean to over.

Dodger game tough. Anderson on 4 is good but he is about to face an offense that really likes left handed pitching. Gio is not allowed to pitch long. Lean to over.

Wash .249 vs RHP
Wash .250 vs LHP

Wash ranks 17th in OPS vs LHP.

What makes you think Washington is anything special vs LHP?

Back