Monday Discussion

The more I look at this game , the more I keep thinking that the Pirates look good .

Fla to me is an insanely lucky 11-1 they played more like a 5-6 team imo ..

Hanley was 4/30 coming into today this week , Bonofacio who had the best week he will ever have in his career was 3/25 , Cantu had a nice avg but 1 rbi....

think the Mets handed them 2 wins when Manuel used his 2 worst relievers after the Mets had tied it with Parnell then later O'Day . It wasnt good enough the 1st time to use a crap reliever he had to do it again in the 9th and for all the noise about Johnson's gem thought Johan was better and Murphy drops out #3 in LF. Then Volstad in ATL the Braves did everything possible to blow that game have 1st and 2nd no out with the heart of the order up and dont score in the 6th and Javy had 12ks in 6 inn . Volstad was clearly tough but FLA got every break including the 3-2 walk which loaded the bases for Cantu 2 run single then wild pitch which gave them the early lead. Which of course he gets pounded today . The 2nd game in ATL was 4-4 and then FLA pulled away .....Miler didnt make 5 innings....

point is they are just outlasting there oponents at this point which is fine but it is what it is ....good baseball isnt losing all 3 games late to Wash .....anyway they won all 6 away and could have lost 4 of them plus played a thin ATL lineup the other day .....

anyway Ohlendorf has greatly improved imo ...he struggled with his command last outing and Tejada/ Berk had 5 hits...Lee hit a big 2 run double but the 1st 2 runs came on sac flies ...he opposed Carpenter @ STL then Hampton so much easier opponent here...

hopefully Wilson plays and if I recall Pitt tends to be solid at home vs LH ..miller led his team to wins in just 4 of 11 away last season which included Wash twice , Sea and Atl all oor teams ...including this year in just 3 of the 12 away starts did he get past the 5th inning.....then pen had some work this weekend as well ...6 inn on Fri , 5 on Sat and 4.2 today ...Nolasco , Johnson and Volstad pitching and they needed 3 late comebacks plus two didnt even last 5 innings and Johnson made 6 after allowing 5 1st inn runs.....

just think when better to be against the Marlins then when they trot out there struggling 5th starter ? Miller had a 6.71 ERA away last year and continues to struggle vs RHBs which is why last year success at ATL and at Sea made some sense because they bat alot of lefties usually...career 1.95 WHIP and 6.08 away ERA ...not to mention career .399 BAA in April 57 hits in 32.2 inn......

:shake:Pirates ML?

anyone else think that the total in philly could go over?? Padres seeing the ball real well right now, moyer and the weather will serve some up..philly bats getting better and better as they continue on with the season. Rollins was given rthe day off yesterday for a big "wake the eff up" by the phils..only thing I don't see this going over is if we see gems from both sides of the hill or the weather ends this game early...

Though I would agree with playing Boston -2.5 RL as an option . This wont be close either Balt wins SU Or Boston has a nice comfortable win ....

I have to disagree with you nut. I am going to play boston ML parlayed with the under 10.5 - i think boston scratches off another one run win in a fairly low scoring affair. (like yesterday)

big loss for the o's as no adam jones in the lineup... so as a result they had to move izturis up to the 2 to hit behind roberts

izturis had a 0-17 slump going and finally got his first hit the other day, it was a bunt...

rocco baldelli is back for the sox, JD drew sitting out today. ill take some boston RL as well. do it for patriot day!

<table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td colspan="10" class="ysptblhdr" height="18"> Baltimore</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td width="22%" height="18"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">AB</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">R</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">H</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">RBI</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">BB</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">K</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">LOB</td> <td colspan="2" class="yspdetailttl" width="16%">Season Avg </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> B. Roberts 2b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.417</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> C. Izturis ss</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.162</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> N. Markakis rf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.348</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> A. Huff dh</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.277</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> T. Wigginton 1b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.270</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> L. Scott lf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.262</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> G. Zaun c</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.129</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> R. Freel 3b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.071</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> F. Pie cf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.161</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td align="left"> Totals</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td height="10">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"> <td colspan="10" class="ysptblhdr" height="18"> Boston</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td width="22%" height="18"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">AB</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">R</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">H</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">RBI</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">BB</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">K</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="8%">LOB</td> <td colspan="2" class="yspdetailttl" width="16%">Season Avg </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> J. Ellsbury cf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.240</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> D. Pedroia 2b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.235</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> D. Ortiz dh</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.170</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> K. Youkilis 1b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.468</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> R. Baldelli rf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.273</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> J. Bay lf</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.289</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> M. Lowell 3b</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.267</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td align="left"> J. Varitek c</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.226</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td align="left"> N. Green ss</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>.286</td> <td width="9">
</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td align="left"> Totals</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

i couldnt advocate a boston RL play even though i think they win. nut, i would suggest balty +1.5 if you want to play them.

I have to disagree with you nut. I am going to play boston ML parlayed with the under 10.5 - i think boston scratches off another one run win in a fairly low scoring affair. (like yesterday)
Sox had never seen uehara, and with the angles used by some cappers here, a new pitcher could mean poor hitting on the opposing teams bats. If you're a believer of that and you couple that with Lester with proper mechanics and throwing one hell of a game than that right there could be an explanation, didn't watch the game myself, just stating another side to the low scoring yesterday

this is the most the o's have had to shift their lineup all year and i think its going to cause some problems.... no adam jones really causes them to shit shit around.
huff at the DH now, and wigginton at 1st?

boston should have no problem retiring hitters 5-9..... all are sub .200 hitters or worse except wigginton whos .270

the bottom 3rd of the lineup- zaun, freel, pie... hitting .129, .071, .161.

thanks, lets do this shit.

sox have won their last 5 patriot day games, and are 65-48 overall on patriot day

anyone else think that the total in philly could go over?? Padres seeing the ball real well right now, moyer and the weather will serve some up..philly bats getting better and better as they continue on with the season. Rollins was given rthe day off yesterday for a big "wake the eff up" by the phils..only thing I don't see this going over is if we see gems from both sides of the hill or the weather ends this game early...

Definetly agree but the weather is miserable here in NY. I can drive to Citizens Bank in 2 hours door to door so guessing its just as miserable in Philly ...think its probably getting rained out in NY and Philly but have not seen what the weather is supposed to be for tonight ...

According to SI the wind should be blowing about 15 MPH East @ Yankee Stadium which if the chart is right means directly in from CF .....

Looks like essentially the same in Philly (maybe a tad better) with the same wind but looks like the way the park is more right to left ...

Figure this out at like 6 pm or so I guess...:shake:

Didnt touch the 1st game . Was close to playing the under or 1st 5 inn under but just didnt . Stayed away from Balt ML was looking at it from a contrarian stance guessing Hendrickson could keep it close . However it just didnt to appear to be one of those games with overwhelming one sided action . Which of course I just see a 3 -1 game is now 9-1 ...just to go back to the +1.5 debate I rarely take that option when the SP is shaky just like I wouldnt want to lay it with a good SP off his game some...

The state of pitching in baseball is just terrible and some of these GMs do need to be smacked around . Looking at Wash and I understand the situation they had but how does Bergmann and Kip Wells not make the team out of camp if they are healthy ? Just to many fringe pitchers having key roles and by that I mean guys who arent even proven SP being 3rd and 4th starters in rotations. Alot of the guys who had breakthrough seasons last year have regressed...Think we see alot of the younger kids rushed to the majors ...just an observation as we all know overs have cashed a ton so far ....:shake:

Definetly agree but the weather is miserable here in NY. I can drive to Citizens Bank in 2 hours door to door so guessing its just as miserable in Philly ...think its probably getting rained out in NY and Philly but have not seen what the weather is supposed to be for tonight ...

According to SI the wind should be blowing about 15 MPH East @ Yankee Stadium which if the chart is right means directly in from CF .....

Looks like essentially the same in Philly (maybe a tad better) with the same wind but looks like the way the park is more right to left ...

Figure this out at like 6 pm or so I guess...:shake:

I'm in Philly, and it's freaking cold out. Wind @20mph, and rainy.
No way they play tonight, but knowing the Phils they'll open the park and announce PPD late. I have season tix and I won't be going either way.

atl @ was : the good ol' after getting shutout twice trend. you knew atl was primed to lay the beat down on buccos yesterday. i bet on wash ML in their only win and they have gotten back to their old ways of losing a game every way possible. Atl looks pretty damn good to me. maybe get a little -1 going. not sure about the total because like someone said earlier im worried about zimmerman getting roughed up. i know he's sick but first major league start against the bravos and lowe?

fla @ pit : LOVE pitt here, at the very least 1st 5 innings. i would probably lay -1.5 pirates. florida will regress starting today. again, not sure about the total because i could see miller really struggling.

sd @ phi : like sandy here, 1st 5 innings or +1.5 would be nice because im basing this more on starting pitchers rather than bullpens. i think sandy will have the lead at some point early on but i could see philly rally to salvage a split in the series.

cin @ hou : i've rode arroyo a couple time already this year and i think he's still got game. however, this could be my play of the day. i think houston absolutely cleans cincy's clock tonight. i would lay -1.5 and -2.5 its already a dirt cheap line so massive odds on those spreads.

col @ ari : garland has been an over machine lately and these teams can produce heavy overs when they meet. with that said, ill be on the under tonight. arizona bats are cold and as someone said on here marquis is really pitching well. i think jon g bounces back from his brutal start. i almost can't believe the total is this high...

GL with all your plays.

I only saw the NL was 47.5 with the AL games being 10.5 and 9.5 would assume 68 ...:shake:

thanks. probably would've been at least 71, as the books usually seem to inflate it by 3-6 runs according to my records. luckily, more rainouts today once again canceled it.

http://riveraveblues.com/

more good stuff to read about the new Stadium ...

the stuff about the ball floating is so accurate by the blog writers who were in attendance . thats exactly what happens the ball just hangs up there with nothing to knock it down. back in the day I remember the first time I pitched down south and how the ball had just so much carry on it . I really never had seen the ball act like that especially when you consider the weather we play in here in NY as most seasons are done before June ...anyway thought that was a great observation....

they HAVE to fix whatever is going on, otherwise this 1.3 billion dollar stadium is nothing more than a host of a glorified home run derby all yr.

thanks. probably would've been at least 71, as the books usually seem to inflate it by 3-6 runs according to my records. luckily, more rainouts today once again canceled it.

yeah they tend to tack on a 1/2 run every 2 or 3 games but since the AL had just 2 games they wouldnt adjust much . So the NL grand salami was 47.5(this is not the total of the NL games) the AL totals combined for 20 and cant see how they would above 21.5 to be honest ...positive it was 69 at the highest ...figure a full slate which is 15 games and they tack on 5-6 runs then that would back up what I said . Just 2 AL games should make it pretty cut and dry ...:shake:

atl @ was : the good ol' after getting shutout twice trend. you knew atl was primed to lay the beat down on buccos yesterday. i bet on wash ML in their only win and they have gotten back to their old ways of losing a game every way possible. Atl looks pretty damn good to me. maybe get a little -1 going. not sure about the total because like someone said earlier im worried about zimmerman getting roughed up. i know he's sick but first major league start against the bravos and lowe?

fla @ pit : LOVE pitt here, at the very least 1st 5 innings. i would probably lay -1.5 pirates. florida will regress starting today. again, not sure about the total because i could see miller really struggling.

sd @ phi : like sandy here, 1st 5 innings or +1.5 would be nice because im basing this more on starting pitchers rather than bullpens. i think sandy will have the lead at some point early on but i could see philly rally to salvage a split in the series.

cin @ hou : i've rode arroyo a couple time already this year and i think he's still got game. however, this could be my play of the day. i think houston absolutely cleans cincy's clock tonight. i would lay -1.5 and -2.5 its already a dirt cheap line so massive odds on those spreads.

col @ ari : garland has been an over machine lately and these teams can produce heavy overs when they meet. with that said, ill be on the under tonight. arizona bats are cold and as someone said on here marquis is really pitching well. i think jon g bounces back from his brutal start. i almost can't believe the total is this high...

GL with all your plays.

staying away from the Wash total but would lean under . Issue for me here is Lowe. He was great @ Philly and we all saw that . However he was not sharp vs Wash when rain pushed him out of the game. Nice 6 Ks but 2bbs and 4 hits in 3 innings , a small sample but 2 whip ...then he struggles next outing again with 5 walks in 5 innings very uncharacteristic plus 7hits and 4 runs ...

so his 1st start 8 inn 2 h 0 runs 0bb 4 k to his next 8 inn 11hits 5 runs 7bb 11k..Turner Field not to his liking ...

agree with everything else outside of the Zona total...:cheers:

they HAVE to fix whatever is going on, otherwise this 1.3 billion dollar stadium is nothing more than a host of a glorified home run derby all yr.

dont think they can do anything ...

the configuration of the Stadium with the big scoreboard blocking the wind and absence of other obstructions really seem to make it favorable to the windy days . They park is smaller unlike what they said but when they show the gaps being closer on top of what we mentioned --yikes ! factor in less foul territory behind the plate ..

Granted we had all day games and unseasonably warm and windy but how it plays at night will be interesting ......

Unless the push back the fences next year the park is small(er) and will play even smaller....

One would think that for 1.3 billion you would have had a few guys understand the wind patterns plus what could change the wind current ...

Mark Melancon pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Sunday to maintain his perfect ERA.

It was actually his worst outing so far, since he allowed a hit and struck out just one. Melancon has given up two hits, walked three and struck out 15 in nine innings for the season. He could soon make his major league debut

scary how much pitching we have ....

Mark Melancon pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Sunday to maintain his perfect ERA.

It was actually his worst outing so far, since he allowed a hit and struck out just one. Melancon has given up two hits, walked three and struck out 15 in nine innings for the season. He could soon make his major league debut

scary how much pitching we have ....

i hope he is up soon, i have no faith in veras/marte.

Anybody close to the Pitt area, appears to be raining and should atleast experience some sort of delay. Wondering if its even worth putting in my play on this one

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>6.13</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>61.2</TD><TD align=right>71</TD><TD align=right>44</TD><TD align=right>42</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>36</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>47</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>.297</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD align=left>> 5 Days Rest</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>4.30</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>37.2</TD><TD align=right>39</TD><TD align=right>24</TD><TD align=right>18</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>33</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>.267</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Days of Rest

CSV · PRE · Direct Link
<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=dr _extended="true"><THEAD><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TH class=" sort_default_asc" onmouseover="Tip('Incomplete Split
For 1973 and before, we do not have complete play-by-play
accounts of every game. Splits with an ’I’ indicate
that matching plate apperances may be missing from the split for this season or career.
We are missing about 1-2% of all plate appearances from 1954 to 1973.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="0">I</TH><TH class=" sort_default_asc" align=left table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="1">Split</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Games Played or Pitched')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="2">G</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Plate Appearances
Estimated using AB + BB + HBP + SF + SH,
missing catcher interferences.
When this color click for a summary of each PA.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="3">PA</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('At Bats')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="4">AB</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Runs Scored/Allowed')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="5">R</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Hits/Hits Allowed')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="6">H</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Doubles Hit/Allowed')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="7">2B</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Triples Hit/Allowed')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="8">3B</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Home Runs Hit/Allowed')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="9">HR</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Stolen Bases')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="10">SB</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Caught Stealing')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="11">CS</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Bases on Balls/Walks')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="12">BB</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Strikeouts')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="13">SO</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('SO/BB
For recent years, leaders need 1 IP
per team game played')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="14">SO/BB</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('Hits/At Bats
For recent years, leaders need 3.1 PA
per team game played')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="15">BA</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('(H + BB + HBP)/(At Bats + BB + HBP + SF)
per team game played')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="16">OBP</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('Total Bases/At Bats or
(1B + 2*2B + 3*3B + 4*HR)/AB

per team game played')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="17">SLG</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('On-Base + Slugging Percentages
per team game played')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="18">OPS</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Total Bases
Singles + 2 x Doubles + 3 x Triples + 4 x Home Runs.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="19">TB</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Double Plays Grounded IntoOnly includes standard 6-4-3, 4-3, etc. double plays.
First tracked in 1933.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="20">GDP</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Times Hit by a Pitch.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="21">HBP</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Sacrifice Hits (Sacrifice Bunts)')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="22">SH</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Sacrifice Flies
First tracked in 1954.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="23">SF</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('Intentional Bases on Balls
First tracked in 1955.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="24">IBB</TH><TH class=" hide_non_quals" onmouseover="Tip('Batting Avg. on Balls in Plays(Hits - Home Runs)/(At Bats - SO - HR + Sac Flies)
This also measures how effectively the
defense turned balls into outs.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="25">BAbip</TH><TH class="" onmouseover="Tip('OPS for split relative to Player’s Total OPS
A number less than 100 indicates this batter(pitcher) did better(worse) than usual in this split.
A number less than 100 indicates that the batter(pitcher) did worse(better) than usual in this split.')" align=middle table_number="24" sorttable_columnindex="26">tOPS+</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left></TD><TD class=" tooltip" align=left>3 Days,GS</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>20</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1.00</TD><TD align=right>.235</TD><TD align=right>.300</TD><TD align=right>.412</TD><TD align=right>.712</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.250</TD><TD align=right>76</TD></TR><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left></TD><TD class=" tooltip" align=left>4 Days,GS</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>340</TD><TD align=right>280</TD><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=right>90</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=right>56</TD><TD align=right>1.24</TD><TD align=right>.321</TD><TD align=right>.419</TD><TD align=right>.461</TD><TD align=right>.880</TD><TD align=right>129</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>.378</TD><TD align=right>118</TD></TR><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left></TD><TD class=" tooltip" align=left>5 Days,GS</TD><TD align=right>13</TD><TD align=right>312</TD><TD align=right>271</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=right>72</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>30</TD><TD align=right>62</TD><TD align=right>2.07</TD><TD align=right>.266</TD><TD align=right>.345</TD><TD align=right>.402</TD><TD align=right>.747</TD><TD align=right>109</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>.325</TD><TD align=right>85</TD></TR><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left></TD><TD class=" tooltip" align=left>6+ Days,GS</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>119</TD><TD align=right>103</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>28</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>18</TD><TD align=right>1.29</TD><TD align=right>.272</TD><TD align=right>.364</TD><TD align=right>.417</TD><TD align=right>.782</TD><TD align=right>43</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>.305</TD><TD align=right>94</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

besides the fact Miller is a southern boy and the cold may be something he is unaccustomed to the days rest factor certainly is not in his favor here either. Granted Miller was a Tiger but if you look at his career April splits his BAA is .399....:cheers:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Doumit appears to be out tonight vs the Marlins. He injured his wrist yesterday and had an MRI today. In his place, Jason Jaramillo, who has made only one other start in his Major League career. Jaramillo is supposed to be good defensively but certainly not the offensive threat that Doumit is. Looks like the lineup will be shuffled around and they Pirates website states that Monroe will most likely move into Doumit's cleanup spot.

Just food for thought...

Jordan ZimmermaNN is probably going to be about the 5th best hitter in the Nats lineup today...He even said he was just about as excited to hit as he was to pitch.

UWSP ball team is heading out to a local establishment to watch his first start, should be a great atmosphere!

Still love the under 1st 5 inn, but I hope Zimmy doesn't get a couple RBI's to hurt me!

Just food for thought...

Jordan ZimmermaNN is probably going to be about the 5th best hitter in the Nats lineup today...He even said he was just about as excited to hit as he was to pitch.

UWSP ball team is heading out to a local establishment to watch his first start, should be a great atmosphere!

Still love the under 1st 5 inn, but I hope Zimmy doesn't get a couple RBI's to hurt me!

a better Micah Owings?

Hopefully Jordan pitches well for my fantasy team 2nite

a better Micah Owings?

Hopefully Jordan pitches well for my fantasy team 2nite
i've said this before in his last start in my thread,

if micah owings was transformed into an OF like ankiel was I think he'd be a better outfielder than he is a pitcher..When it comes to pitching he's mediocre, but if he were able to concentrate on his swing he could be a solid left fielder...

ended up only playing pittsburgh ML and houston ML around the bases.

im also on washington capitals ML and under 5.5 (-140)

i've said this before in his last start in my thread,

if micah owings was transformed into an OF like ankiel was I think he'd be a better outfielder than he is a pitcher..When it comes to pitching he's mediocre, but if he were able to concentrate on his swing he could be a solid left fielder...

Micah went to high school with me and I've always thought he'd be better off hitting on a daily basis as opposed to pitching, he can absolutely rake and has done so at every level.

Only change is looks like I am passing on COL ML and leaning over ...everything else I stuck to ...

interesting stuff on Zimmerman . For Owings while he hasnt been successful as pitcher yet he is still very early in his career . The issue with Owings being a hitter is he is stuck in the NL and a big dude . Like 6'5 or 6'6 which the other guys usually are more 6'1 to 6'3 range . Same could be said for Marquis as well . Anyway Owings big issue like so many young pitchers is getting the opposite side out . He has solid numbers vs RHBs fwiw...:cheers:

stinky Astros which I pounded of course ruin my perfect night in bases ..

leadoff single , DP , solo Hr , solo Hr , single thrown out trying to take two..b6th

leadoff single , DP , flyout ...b7th

leadoff double , why bunt Matsui and give up an out ..? , walk , flyout , walk , full count backwards K by Pence ....b8th.....

and reds score twice early on a 2out single in the 1st and Votto hits an 0-2 bases loaded double ..after Geary allows an IF single and walk .....

SAD...

Just food for thought...

I own a sports bar near the campas of UW-Stout. Had a big group show up to watch Zimmermann's 1st start tonight on DirecTV. The kid looked good. As a former athelete from the WIAC, I'm glad to see someone from the conference do well at the next level.

Back