Monday discussion

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Somewhat ugly day we definitely need umps
Most people are on bad rest
Bailey has a low 2 ERA
We know Colon on 5 and at night looks really bad
Good day of week for Cleveland and Clevinger good history but poor splits naturally when Bailey might be playable
Richard C poor splits but with a favorable ump Might be playable as Heaney stinks on the road and Padres are now hitting well
Mets first 5?
Kershaw and Bum both bad days rest
We need info and thought here

Will probably be rained out in the Bronx and if they play the game could get called early / could have multiple delays. Gray day with flash flood warnings here.

I will lean Cards, Last year Milone had a 7.98 ERA on 4 but Washington has actually been going well in general and 5-2 last 7 as a dog so I tend to wait to see umps and not worry too much on line moves but may be too conservative here.
In fact I am being too conservative and will lay with Cards

Last edited:
Scott Barry a fairly strong homer 14-6 in first game. Read a encouragine review of the Brave pitcher so will make a light bet on them

Young stud going today for the Bravos Game 1. Has some sick stuff....but also has the capability to blow up, as he has shown in the past. Marlins lineup is laughable. Tough to find something to play in this game.

Mikolas, who's 4-0 over his last 7 starts and has allowed more than 2 runs just once in that span, will make his first career start against the Nationals

Milone has won both his career starts against the Cardinals, pitching to a 3.46 earned run average with 10 strikeouts and 2 walks in 13 innings

Clevinger is 0-1 with a 7.15 ERA in 2 career starts against the Reds, permitting 5 runs and 7 hits despite striking out 11 in 6 innings of a 7-5 loss on July 9

Mikolas, who's 4-0 over his last 7 starts and has allowed more than 2 runs just once in that span, will make his first career start against the Nationals

Milone has won both his career starts against the Cardinals, pitching to a 3.46 earned run average with 10 strikeouts and 2 walks in 13 innings

Didn’t look but I’m assuming those starts for Milone vs us were years ago when we really had a thing for not being able to hit soft tossing lefties. Lately cards numbers vs lefties been on climb, as they should be considering this lineup stacked w righties who hit lefties. I grabbed overnight along w BigD but also considering playing a rare home team -1.5 cause I think cards train keeps rolling here in a great spot w huge pitching mismatch!

Diamondbacks 1H -0.5 (-125) 2.5u
It's Bartolo Colon against Zack Greinke. Here's where you find the value. Don't think. Just bet.
:rosesmile:

The cards v nats is a fascinating game outside tonights matchups.

I believe in Dave Martinez. I dont believe they are going to quit because of last night.

This isn't some sour faced, over the hill bum. I'm not fading this team on principle or anything, they will fight. Their relief pitching be damned.

Toronto probably a play KC stinks on Monday
Kershaw inferior rest too but playing after 2 Dodger losses

Degrom on best rest big edge at night and very good catcher,
Wish I could evaluate his line up better but Mets a little better on Monday

Heaney on the road sucks.
Richards isn’t much better either.

BUT them Fathers already have got more wins in August then all of July. Played against solid teams too.

Lean Padres but it’s hard to stomach

What’s the CTG play for the evening?

Diamondbacks?
Cardinals?
Athletics?

Gotta like Grienke > Colon.

Nats on a low after last nights epic fail.

Yankees trucked it last Sunday and bounced back Monday with a W I believe.

Athletics just fire & keep on winning more than losing. Keep doubting them but I like their mojo > Mariners.

If the Yankee game gets delayed it becomes a bullpen game and the Mets are the worst. Also just used yesterday.

Greinke 7 innings with Knight major over 0 runs
Colon mid 5 ERA on large sample
Large bets in many ways on Arizona

Greinke 7 innings with Knight major over 0 runs
Colon mid 5 ERA on large sample
Large bets in many ways on Arizona
Good to know, I consider Knight more an over guy and obviously Arlington is a bandbox

2906 SFO/LOS no score 1st inn -145

Dont see why not...seems priced fairly

of 32games in div with kersh, 22 had no score in 1st since '16

Last edited:
The cards v nats is a fascinating game outside tonights matchups.

I believe in Dave Martinez. I dont believe they are going to quit because of last night.

This isn't some sour faced, over the hill bum. I'm not fading this team on principle or anything, they will fight. Their relief pitching be damned.

Wasn’t suggesting last night would make nats quit, just that it was such a tough spot w the late game and arriving super earlier in stl. Then of course the pitching advantage we had. I thought bet was dead but what a 8th inning. Carp for mvp!

Back