Monday Discussion Thread

Don't have time but have you even looked to see if other starters are getting yanked early for the A's or is it just this guy?

The problem is they don’t get many performances where the starter should go past 5 other than from Sears! They use openers a lot and the guys who start are usually blown up or up im the 90s pitch count by end of 5th. They have let Sears go 6 innings on some occasions but they havd inexplicably pulled him after 5 innings a few times also. He had one game he was thru 5 with only 1 run and less than 60 pitches yet didn’t let him go out for 6th!! Shit doesn’t seem to have any reasoning behind it!

The problem is they don’t get many performances where the starter should go past 5 other than from Sears! They use openers a lot and the guys who start are usually blown up or up im the 90s pitch count by end of 5th. They have let Sears go 6 innings on some occasions but they havd inexplicably pulled him after 5 innings a few times also. He had one game he was thru 5 with only 1 run and less than 60 pitches yet didn’t let him go out for 6th!! Shit doesn’t seem to have any reasoning behind it!
No chance in hell the manager is playing for his job, they all had to know how bad this season was going to be

Just thinking that since they obviously know they suck and the pending move, wonder if they just want to get a bunch of guys innings and play to hopefully win the game as opposed to just doing what normal teams would do

It was too hard to find performances other than Sears where guy should of continued pitching longer than he did, they tend to let Medina go up around 100 pitches regardless long as he doesn’t get totally blown up like last game. The 2x Miller pitched well they let him get up to 100ish pitches before pulling him. I dunno, it feels incredibly random, I’ll probably regret this. Sears will be pitching a shut out and be around 70 pitches, he will come out for 6th, one guy get a bloop hit and they yank him for that awful pen! Lol

No chance in hell the manager is playing for his job, they all had to know how bad this season was going to be

I got no freaking clue what they doing, numbers day he a good play to get 17 outs at -105 so I just went with it, I been getting burnt trying to play a’s pitchers k’s the last few days, might as well let them fuck me on a out total! I liked it better when I was just fading these losers, maybe I should just get back to that! Lol. No clue how they managed to lose yesterday and even the rl!! They so bad.

Well shit, so much for Bello day issues, comes out and strikes out the side. As often I play his k prop I feel like a asshole not taking the 4.5 at ev money, that the number I loved betting him before it started being jacked up, lol. Hopefully rays start working more counts, Not a great start for McClanahan either but getting out of the 2 walks with a quick double play was probably best case. He should punch out a bunch at bottom Sox order assuming he gets his shit together

There a bonus k, certainly didn’t count Yoshida for one, Japs play the game right, he almost never strikes out!

Then he loses one with Kiki 0-2 and gets ground out, lol. Baseball funny sometimes. The good news it appears he found the zone so he should cruise! That dp in 1st really turned things around! Only 23 pitches thru 2 innings, hopefully the k’s coming as he peppered the zone n 2nd.

Damn, I was really counting refsnyder for 1k, that sucks, assume McClanahan get 1 more inning but tough part the lineup to strike out, needed him to get refsnyder and cash right there. Still need 1 more

Always after a mound visit. Keep the ball down, get the ground ball for the DP. Never fails when you need that k

Got around to looking at the umps that are carryovers from yesterday.

Hoye in Cincinnati isn't overly trendy, he's only recently ticked up the last couple years in k%, not enough to make much difference for me but doesn't hurt the Abbott play if you like it

But Cuzzi in San Diego, he's in that crew that consistently loves to ring 'em up. At or above 65% strikes called annually, a definite pitcher's ump. He might not quite be Eddings but he's absolutely right there. Beware of any kind of over inklings in the Cubs/Pads game, pitchers should thrive. Should be a friendly zone for Hendricks and Snell tonight.

Valentine in Philly, trends toward under a bit, not enough on him for me although his stike percentage and under % has been high the last couple years

Roberto Ortiz in Miami, seems to be very much an under ump, good luck to those shitty offenses

Barry in Toronto, neither here nor there for me historically although in 7 games this season his games are averaging less than 5 runs a game! Gotta be some reversion coming with him, he's certainly never been an under guy

Visconti in Pitt, doesn't seem to go either way

Can tell how long it's been since we did the stalking, I seriously haven't heard of half these guys

Last one tonight

Hoberg in Arlington, not sure he makes much of a difference. Last couple years he had several more unders than overs but the %s aren't heavy to under to me. 7-2 over this season, not sure what to make of him.

Back