Monday Discussion Thread

Not much of a card today, get a day game cause all the rain in NY. Strider been pretty much as dominant on 6+ days rest as he has any other time, I do wonder if this is the same tho? I dunno if there were times the last 2 days where they thought they might play and he had to prepare himself to pitch or it was known fairly early in the day? I think yesterdays was cancelled fairly early, I don’t recall Saturday?

No clue who the hell Mets starting game 1, think it a kid who mostly pitches out of pen, I guess he mostly started in the minors in ‘22 but the results wernt real great. No clue how many innings he can go here? Looks like has the ability to strike some guys out but there a reason Braves are huge favs here. I just don’t know I can lay that?

Right now you can get strider ov8,5 k’s +110, dude has struck out 9+ in every start! Common sense says that can’t keep happening all year but he not gonna be fun to hit for a team who hasn’t got to swing the bats or see live pitching all weekend! The nets did hit strider better than most teams last year, in 3 starts he only got thru the 5th inning once, he never fanned more than 8, they were able to make him throw a lot of pitches, only 1 of the 3 did they get more than 1 run but they got him out of games early. What he doing this year isn’t human, dude has a swinging strike rate above 20%! 15% Is elite! Do you think that continues or is it maybe home for a not so great start? His one start at citi field was a disaster so Mets shouldn’t be scared of him. I dunno, it prob a pass for me.,,

Betting Strider k's and I haven't slept in a week

I wanted to but I like mets better this year and they really did a good job vs him all 3x they saw him of getting his pitch count up, he only got thru 5th once and they got to him really quick his only start in Ny., I mostly just don’t like the fact they all been sitting around all weekend I think that makes this even tougher, I damn sure wouldn’t lay the huge price on Braves considering, I wanted to back strider with plus on over 8,5 but gotta respect what Mets were able to do against him last year and honestly how long can he keep this up? He ain’t gonna punch out 9+ in every game this year!

I wanted to but I like mets better this year and they really did a good job vs him all 3x they saw him of getting his pitch count up, he only got thru 5th once and they got to him really quick his only start in Ny., I mostly just don’t like the fact they all been sitting around all weekend I think that makes this even tougher, I damn sure wouldn’t lay the huge price on Braves considering, I wanted to back strider with plus on over 8,5 but gotta respect what Mets were able to do against him last year and honestly how long can he keep this up? He ain’t gonna punch out 9+ in every game this year!
I simply don't think of him last year. Way different now.

Also I think the Mets are kinda fool's gold

Everyone sitting around all weekend could def benefit strider. I do think hitters timing could be off

Braves opened -245 and now mid 190s so there's that

Grocery run, back in a few

I simply don't think of him last year. Way different now.

Also I think the Mets are kinda fool's gold

I don’t think there much different about him at all, maybe he been locating more consistently but his velo, spin, pitch mix all pretty much the same. Throwing slider a little more than last year but nothing crazy different.

Braves opened -245 and now mid 190s so there's that

Grocery run, back in a few

-245 was just too freaking high. You can’t spend all the money Mets have and not be at least decent! Whether they will get the return out of those old ass pitchers is anyones guess but think their lineup is solid, I don’t think it as good the Braves or pads lineup (on paper anyways!) but think you be hard pressed to find more than 2-3 lineups better in NL, a healthy Phillies the only other I can think of. I thought they had guys pressing last year who seem more comfortable now, for whatever reason they were able to battle strider and run his pitch count up in basically all his starts and they didn’t strike out a lot. Certainly could be different here, this probably not the guy I’d want to face after sitting around all weekend and probably losing my timing!

I dunno, I think the fact they both sat all weekend makes this tougher than normal. Strider swinging strike rate has went from elite to historically amazing thus far this season! I don’t know if he can sustain that or not? It pretty incredible he does it without really having a 3rd pitch!! He occasionally throws a change but only like 4-5% the time. I was trying to put his swinging strike rate above 20% into historical context but unfortunately I couldn’t find numbers for guys before 2002, pissed me off. Degrom the only current pitcher or guy in last 2 decades on that level, he been sporting above 20% for years but he always a pitch away from his arm falling off! He has a bigger pitch mix than strider also.

Guys like Pedro, Randy Johnson, roger Clemons I think primes were before 2002 wernt they? They had some good years after that but pretty sure that was past their heyday when they were on top! Obviously couldn’t find any swinging strike for Nolan Ryan, bummed me out as im super curious but I assume they didn’t track such things back then? I don’t think the k’s per 9 a fair comparison because those dudes were pitching 7-8-9 innings majority of their starts while guys today don’t go further than 6 innings all that often, stands to reason most every pitcher gonna fan less once they getting that far into games, not always but i gotta think more often than not. Anyways the best I can do is say the only pitcher since 2002 that did anything close to what strider doing so far this year is Degrom unless I missed someone, certainly possible as I didn’t check everyone, I didn’t check any relievers cause again, less innings id think better chance of higher swinging strike rates. However you slice it the kid is only 23 so long his arm don’t fall off he on verge of a historically great season!

Doing lunch with the wife at the bar and fucking off work for the afternoon to catch the double header cause we couldn't get out to Citifield today.

Just went and picked up vodka, soda, two dozen eggs and shredded cheese Complete bachelor shit.

Also trip to Taco Bell at 9:30, not because I was hungry but needed Diablo sauce for my bloody Marys. Such a great investment, the food is just a bonus.

So I think we will find out quickly if the Mexico games helped jump start the pads offense as I thought it might. They facing luke weaver tonight who a tough study at the moment, he getting a bunch of swinging strikes (more than ever before in his career but it is just a 2 game sample), he has fanned 8 in both starts, that the good. The bad is he missing over the plate far too often! He has had 19 hard hit balls in 2 games, 5 of those left the yard! There ain’t many breaks in the pads lineup, if he makes mistakes over the plate they are gonna drive the ball (unless it soto in early counts, lol, that guy needs to change his mindset! We know you can draw walks guy, that isn’t what your goal should be!!! Not if you want 500 mil!).

I gotta believe pads offense about to take off and they should score plenty here. That doesn’t mean I want to lay -200 with Blake Snell who I never freaking know how he gonna pitch! He better than the results been this season but how can you trust a guy who has walked 18 in 23 innings? Most any big league lineup is gonna score runs if you give them that many free passes! The concern being reds offense just made a very bad oakland pitching staff look half way decent, suffice to say reds lineup is not very scary!

I love the idea of pads team total ov 4.5, if you like me and believe this lineup has to hit, only the Braves lineup is close to them in the NL imo, they facing a pitcher who has been making a lot of mistakes over the plate, and they don’t strike out a whole lot which really a concern as without the 16k’s weaver has amassed in 11 innings his era could be even worse. Reds pen ranks better than you would expect but I watched them give away 2 games to the A’s so how good can they really be? Im all about pads ov 4.5 runs here, only worry is they stuck around in Mexico and did too much partying! Long as they ready to play tonight this lineup is gonna smash a few of weavers offerings imo.

Just took o8.5 +100 for a decent amount live, only issue would be if they pull him to save his arm

Think he has at least 7 innings in him if they let him unleash

That be surprising considering how good Mets were at getting his pitch count up last season. I don’t see the massive difference you do but he could mow them down, it a total stay away for me.

I take last years numbers to mean Mets actually pick ball up out strider hand way better than most teams do. Coulda just been a fluke tho? Who knows?

This a really good 1st inning for Mets but they really need a single right here. McNeal had a great at bat fouling off bunch of pitches and didn’t strike out but couldn’t get ball deep enough to get runner home from 3rd

Mets are taking fantastic at bats thus far, fouling off all kinds of pitches and working counts, they seem to be the toughest team for hkm.

He got 2 k’s In 1st but they really made him work, another inning like that and he won’t see the 5th inning. Hopefully he can settle down and get some quicker outs. Mets had a few guys foul off a bunch of pitches.

Braves are abusing Mets pitcher. Jesus. That gotta be demoralizing, you come out and take great at bats vs strider, get 1 run back but more importantly run up his pitch count then your guy comes back out in 2nd and gives up 2 more! Lol

Braves are abusing Mets pitcher. Jesus. That gotta be demoralizing, you come out and take great at bats vs strider, get 1 run back but more importantly run up his pitch count then your guy comes back out in 2nd and gives up 2 more! Lol
Didn't realize they're already into their pen :rofl:

36 pitches in the first didn’t help. You figure he needs 3ks per 30 pitches. I took over 8.5 as well pre game.

Reactions: KJ
So I think we will find out quickly if the Mexico games helped jump start the pads offense as I thought it might. They facing luke weaver tonight who a tough study at the moment, he getting a bunch of swinging strikes (more than ever before in his career but it is just a 2 game sample), he has fanned 8 in both starts, that the good. The bad is he missing over the plate far too often! He has had 19 hard hit balls in 2 games, 5 of those left the yard! There ain’t many breaks in the pads lineup, if he makes mistakes over the plate they are gonna drive the ball (unless it soto in early counts, lol, that guy needs to change his mindset! We know you can draw walks guy, that isn’t what your goal should be!!! Not if you want 500 mil!).

I gotta believe pads offense about to take off and they should score plenty here. That doesn’t mean I want to lay -200 with Blake Snell who I never freaking know how he gonna pitch! He better than the results been this season but how can you trust a guy who has walked 18 in 23 innings? Most any big league lineup is gonna score runs if you give them that many free passes! The concern being reds offense just made a very bad oakland pitching staff look half way decent, suffice to say reds lineup is not very scary!

I love the idea of pads team total ov 4.5, if you like me and believe this lineup has to hit, only the Braves lineup is close to them in the NL imo, they facing a pitcher who has been making a lot of mistakes over the plate, and they don’t strike out a whole lot which really a concern as without the 16k’s weaver has amassed in 11 innings his era could be even worse. Reds pen ranks better than you would expect but I watched them give away 2 games to the A’s so how good can they really be? Im all about pads ov 4.5 runs here, only worry is they stuck around in Mexico and did too much partying! Long as they ready to play tonight this lineup is gonna smash a few of weavers offerings imo.
Luke Weaver is not an MLB pitcher.

Lost track

52 pitches in 2 innings, up 6-1 I think they let him fly today and rack up stats

Won't be surprised to see 120 pitches

I think you crazy, I think it more likely they pull him after 80s. Probably depends, he continues to have 15 pitch innings like 2nd he might go 5 innings. I’d be shocked he goes past that. Why wouldn’t you just bring in some king relief end of pen guy? No sense pushing your ace when you already been dealing w other pitcher injuries

Luke Weaver is not an MLB pitcher.

Meh, it’s all relative. Compared to the dudes A’s throwing out he a all star. He had big league stuff way back when he was here but he never really figured it out. 16 k’s in 11 innings with a 15% swing and miss (which is elite) says he is. The fact he has given up hard contact in 16 at bats maybe speaks more to your stance. Kinda the same guy he always been I suppose, has the stuff to punch guys out but he misses over the plate far too often and always has. I think pats offense gets energized from the trip and they start raking, hopefully he victim number 1!

That the other thing. We were assuming strider was gonna start cruising. For whatever reason it seems pretty apparent to me the Mets pick him up way better than most teams.

Good news is he's throwing a ton of sliders so should be no wear on the arm

Yeah we're in a bind now. I really can't see them wanting to stretch the pen but this inning can smd

They gotta have at least 1 or 2 long relief types that don’t get a lot of action they can throw out there, if they good great, if not they sacrificial lambs. Much rather do that to the last guy in pen than my ace.

Gotta figure Morton will be able to give them 6 innings. They not in the pen bind Mets could be In of magil struggles. Plus they all been off a few days, lol

I feel like most the things I thought bout this game before the start pointed over but I was worried about the fact guys ain’t been hitting live pitching for a couple days. Guess they were wound up and ready to go!

Health insurance renews today. Went to a new eye doc a few months ago and she was incredibly awful. Charged me an extra $50 for god knows what and didn't do a damn thing. I have health things than need attention but the eyes are a completely different animal. Need to see. That bitch was terrible. Her fucking response to me about my contacts was "you need lasik". Like I haven't thought about that since I was a kid dumbfuck, I kinda chose this route and don't need that shit. $79 for nothing.

Wow. They gave strider the 5th, gotta be thrilled they gave you a chance to cash. 1 short and I assume there no way he going back out? Tough one, crazy he got to 8 considering they way he pitched.

Back