Monday Discussion Thread

yup no more old school cardinals baseball . pitching defense stolen bases hit and run

Cards still put a huge emphasis on defense which is nice. What really kills me is nobody situationally hits, simply put balls in play to move runners over, take it oppo field to get a run home, etc etc. it be a 1 run game with guy on 3rd less than 2 outs and Mfer up at plate swinging for fences!! Lol. Fucking choke up and get the damn runner home for Christ sakes!!

I remember back when striking out was shameful! With the filth guys throwing and all the nasty pitchers hitters see for less innings I understand gonna be more strikeouts but sure would like to see guys change their approach w 2 strikes instead of continuing to guess and swing out their shoes!!!

You give your team a much better chance of winning if you foul pitches off, make pitcher work/throw a bunch of pitches!! When you swinging out your shoes down 0-2 you letting guys pitch deeper into games!! The more pitchers you make them use the better chance you have! Not only in that game but over the course a series!

Looks like we got a rain delay In Boston? At this point can’t really hurt us as both starters been really good., be cool to actually catch a break! Lol

Damn. Feel like no way Voth gets 4k’s. Not a big bet for me but I have a Lodolo/Voth/Freeland outs ov 15.5 parlay that pays nice :(

Fucking shit. Voth got yanked After 70 pitches and 3 Innings. He was doing well but the 3 walks probably did him in. Made their decision easier. Balty does have the lead tho and cashed Ff tt and Ff!

Rogers did what he does best and had one his innings where he totally gets destroyed.

Freeland well on his way to going over 15.5 outs and for the moment has a 1-0 lead needing 6 more outs to cash Ff!!

Looks like did the right thing leaving Brubaker alone! Sometimes passing on a loser feels as good a win!!!

Lodolo just fanned his 7th in case anyone jumped early and played the +125 on over 6.5 k’s!! I was gonna play that if they didn’t give us a shot on 5.5. Either way ya sliced it another lhp pitcher racked up the k’s vs the fish who strike out over 30% their at bats vs lefties! Crazy!! Just fanned his 8th! Closing out 6th inning in style!! Lodolo another reds youngster with incredible stuff that nobody has heard of! That gives them Lodolo, greene, and Ashcroft! I think it stupid they probably trading Castillo, with Mahle as the 5th that could seriously be one the best pitching staffs in baseball by next year!! Lodolo struck out side in 6th to finish with 9!!

I played the Stros Ff tt over 2.5. I think A’s could finally get some runs off oderizzi but figured why risk it? Just roll w Stros to get 3 off a gas can! Lol.

Giants/snakes Ff over 4.5

Man. That fucking double play tribe hit into in top the 5th after rain delay was a killer! Shocked both starters came back. Pivetta came out sluggish but got bailed and only lead to 1 run. That had a 3 run half inning written all over it!

Cash the sweet +150 on rox Ff!! And Freeland only 1 out from cashing his out total!! 5 innings, only 2 hits, 1walk on 68 pitches!! He should cruise well past 16 outs and probably into the 7th inning! That was another one of those total mistake lines set by books!! They make so many mistakes on these props!!!

Oh fuck. Arizona changed starting pitchers to Kelly instead of Gilbert!! That totally screws the Ff over, I would have went snakes team total had I known this!

Now gotta hope snakes really knock Junis around! Been nice only needing 3 from them opposed to 5 out of both teams with Kelly starting. Only reason I did both teams at 4.5 instead of snakes needing 3 to cash cause Gilbert a gas can!

Mfer. Snakes get thrown out at home, I can tell this Ff over is fucked with pitcher change now this

Flexen got his 17.5 outs. Easy peasy: Love those guys where they basically stuck setting 17.5 but the likelihood they go 6 innings is very high!!! Not many bets I recall where books really in a no win spot!! Gotta love it!!!

Good god. I had to wake up in time to watch this seattle 9th inning making me sweat! Good damn thing they got the 1 insurance run!!

Pretty pissed at myself for not pushing it today. Liked Tigers, Nats, and DBacks too.

I def should have made more plays and didn’t do a good job with my RRs. Still did pretty good since Lodolo k’s was huge for me along with Freeland and rox. I gave back O’s money w Voth k’s and he really not a guy should be messing w k’s since it a total guess how many innings he go. Kinda got fucked w the late snakes pitching change., overall can’t really complain, Really need seattle to hold on tho!!

Whew. Had seattle blown that I woulda turned a ton of winners into a day I didn’t make shit! Lol. Like I said I played this card wrong but with seattle being one my key’s ended up doing really well as they cashed bunch of 2 and 3 teamers to end night!!

Pretty pissed at myself for not pushing it today. Liked Tigers, Nats, and DBacks too.

Nats was another they fucked me by switching pitchers. I was gonna be all over them had Gray started, we been talking bout fading Gonsilin during asb but couldn’t do it with dude they ended up throwing out today which made it mostly a opener. Suppose I shoulda looked at team total, hindsight and all. Anyways, can’t be mad bout a winning day, you cashed both yours right?

Snakes woulda been more interesting to me had I known Kelly was gonna pitch, no interest backing gilbert, I think he sucks. Wanted to be against Junis tho, but he did pretty well.

Back