Monday Discussion/Lines (or lack thereof)

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
NBA - Feb 09
4:05 PM
501 PHOENIX
502 PHILADELPHIA

4:05 PM
503 LA CLIPPERS +2-110 o195½-110
504 CHARLOTTE -2-110 u195½-110

5:05 PM
505 NEW ORLEANS
506 MEMPHIS

5:05 PM
507 HOUSTON -6½-110 o196½-110
508 MILWAUKEE +6½-110 u196½-110

Anybody know if any of the books put out a line for Philly/Phoenix earlier today? Been out of town and have no idea. I do see that LVSC had the Sixers as a 4 point fav with a line of 209.

Chris Paul status? Also David West is a possible suspension candidate as he got ejected in today's game. Tyson Chandler status as well? If they all miss or the right combination I'd love to bet the Grizz, but it's quite the mess right now trying to figure out their statuses.

Clippers/Cats

At this point you just have to scratch your head when thinking about the Clippers. Who wouldn't want to fade them playing their 7th straight road game, but they've dominated their last two games. Granted the first team was the Grizzlies, who I pimped as a great 6 point favorite lol, and the Hawks who were missing their team leader Bibby. I'd have to lean towards the Clippers looking to extend a hot streak against a Bobcats team who has a head coach who is looking to trade the entire roster. Larry Brown is a head case if I've ever seen one. Has he ever taken a job where he didn't trade the entire roster 2 years after arriving? I'd like to see him be GM of an expansion team and see exactly what 12 players he'd draft. Probably trade them either way. Anyways no real concrete thoughts on Charlotte right now, but the Clippers do seem intent on winning a couple of games, but I hate to bet a team on the last game of a long roadie. Garbage game.

Bet the under with the Rockets and Bucks. Charlie V and Sessions are the only two players left who know how to put the orange ball in the basket and the Rockets have the defenders to battle them. I have no idea where the offense is going to come from honestly. Rockets would be a play, but I'm not about to give up 6+ points with them on the road. Play also fits nicely into BC's 230 thread. Don't see the Bucks passing the 90 point mark and that may or may not be enough for the Rockets to cover. I have Houston finishing the first half of the season with 3 straight unders.

Anyway to find out if Michael Jordan is going to be sitting on the Bobcat bench tomorrow like he did today.:10_16_2:

Like the looks of that Bucks under JPicks....9 of last 10 in series have gone under the current posted total ( in regulation ) ----Noticed a quirky stat in the last 10 games between these two....there has been at least one quarter per game in which one of the teams failed to score at least 20 in the quarter

Boston is 7-1 to Over last 8. Last season they had just 2 similar periods -
6-1 to Over, followed by 5 straight Unders
7-1 to Over, followed by a 5-2 to Under stretch

Nawlins has paid out the Over (closing lines) for 5 straight. Love to see the 'Nuts go Over tomorrow, set up a nice Under play on the 11th (BOS @NOR).

Much like when the Spurs were in patchy form while going Over almost non-stop, then had Pop go off at them & recommitted to defense (& reel off 5 straight Unders), Boston with 2 days break here for the first time in awhile on top off conceding 99+ pts for 5 straight games, I think will have Doc doing the same thing. The roots of Celtic success last year was based on D. 2 losses & a miracle win through their last 4 games with the notable absence of that D is no coincidence. Hard to believe that the obvious to the lay viewer is escaping Doc. Any recommitment to D by the green machine is gonna halt their Over run pronto.

Boston is 12-3 to Under their last 15 away games.

also without paul and chandler. Yag probably out again

chandler rumors are everywhere and we seem to be keen on making some sort of deal before the trade deadline.

imma homer and want to play the hornets. still without a computer...

Back