Monday Dec 29

SF_capper

CTG addict
plays:
Orlando -2.5- 3.15 units to win 2.8636 (3 units)
New Jersey -4.5- 1.05 to win .9545
Oklahoma City +9.5- 1.05 to win .9545

1st H Washington +7.5- 1.07 to win .9304 (1 unit)

my power ratings (not taking into acct situations/recent injuries)
Atlanta -.5
NJ -3
Orlando -3
Minnesota -1.5
Phoenix -5.5
Houston -11
Utah -10.5
GS -1.5

couple short thoughts for 2m:
Denver @ Atlanta
-why not continue to take Atlanta. Last game of their home stand, and Id imagine they want to end it on a high note. may be a lookahead to indi who beat them but dont think so. Denver on a b2b off running with the knicks, so lean Denver as I likely often will at a short number vs elite teams

Orlando @ detroit
definitely lean Orlando and will be on them unless they throw some ridiculous number like -6.5. no reason needed mroe than playoff revenge and improved play of orlando vs declined play of detroit.

chicago @ jersey
first look obviously chicago to fade jersey at home. however, gooden out is HUGE and deng out hurts as well. it'll be battle of the guards- a battle I think Jersey wins. Maybe if I can get under 5 I'll lay points with jersey at home :( I mean its gotta get to them some time of why they suck at home and itll soon be extra motivation for them at home

memphis at minny
uhh i guess gun to head memphis justo tpo fade minny. Memphis got SA, Phoenix, and Dallas after this before a rematch at memphis. so Memphis could be lookin ahead to preserve energy for home game vs phoenix 2m and if anything revenge at home in a week, but since they're a bad team, I tend to think they'll go hard to try to get this one to avoid a 5 game lose streak

Phoenix at OKC
line looks too big, but phoenix is off a bad loss and may want take pain out on OKC. hjowever, if this gets to DD, you almost HAVE to take the points. maybe a hangover from loss

Wash at Houston
small lean to wash/wash 1st H thinking houston has a hangover off the big W. Want to see butler in. Wash to begin a 5 game stretch of tough ass games. maybe they'll try to steal one. actually like 1st H a bit more- trend guys?

Philly at Utah
tough game without looking much. utah gonna be without both stud PFs. Okur is ? off the doub OT, likely will try to be more aggresive. Philly after hangin tough in loss at Denver with a bit more rest. if they lose this one, gonna look at them at LAC as their only shot for a W this roadie

Toronto at GS
GS rested starters at the end today to prep for today. Toronto's last game of the road trip so liking GS a little bit. GS actually looked half decent despite getting killed by LAL. Don't like Kapono and co. and the shooting thatll kill GS's weak ass zone, or Oneal/Bosh, so matchup wise, Toronto has an edge. But stil; lean to GS taking this one

Last edited:
just couple thoughts

Orlando play will likely be 3 units if I can get -3 or better, 2 units if its -3.5-4, 1 unit if its 4.5-6

Atlanta- 2 units if I can get +ML, 1 unit max -3

Wash 1st H- likely just 1 unit (can't be sure of their mindset off a W)

OKC +points- 1 unit (scared Phoenix may be pissed off)

maybe 1 unit on Jersey at -5 or better

first look obviously chicago to fade jersey at home. however, gooden out is HUGE and deng out hurts as well. it'll be battle of the guards- a battle I think Jersey wins. Maybe if I can get under 5 I'll lay points with jersey at home I mean its gotta get to them some time of why they suck at home and itll soon be extra motivation for them at home

I can't wait to see what happens in this game. If Jersey goes down easily SU as medium chalk at home again I'm gonna laugh my ass off. I mean... they have to win this game, right?

Orlando -2.5- 3.15 units to win 2.8636

staying off atlanta. hard to, but priced out here. -5?! my power ratings had -0.5, and I rate atlanta pretty highly. However, I do not consider atlanta better than denver, and at a line of -5 I wouldn't lay with lanta, and would instead consider ML with denver- just for value sake.

Last edited:
ok well lines are movin a bit. very interesting move in houston. once line came out. juice was gettin very very heavy for wash (-113) on +13, then next thing I know, line shoots to 13.5

Played orlando myself. Not sure how you can play Jersey. It's either fade them as favs or sit back. Expecting a shootout in that one. Will be playing OKC as well. GL tongiht.

good luck - seems like they are trying to scare us off Atlanta - gonna play -5 even though I agree was more than I expected

gonna post in this thread, no time for big writeup- huge game for sac to respond. Clips in trouble and have off court pro lems. No z huge.
Sacramento -3- 3.15 units to win 2.8636

Back