Monday 4/22 MLB Discussion

played game over 8 and Texas TT over 4 in Anaheim. Just can't trust Blanton to pitch well. Would love to get into that pen early, especially after 13 innings yesterday where they used five relievers.

Wow, looks like I have some reading to do.....Good Luck guys...Took the Red Sox ml just now and leaned over. I didn't realize last night that Oak had pounded the 4 LH they faced this year. Still think Oakland is so so overall and feasted on Houston for 6 wins...

Thin card -- looking at cubs, rays and over Seattle/ Houston. Interested in Seattle -1 and over TT. Still working on this

Rays ml - simply have to fade NY vs LH until they produce runs against them imo. Shit part here I w CC more then capable of winning a 3-2 or 2- game.

Cubs ml - Initially interest was because the line seemed oddly low imo. Woods has thrown well and its his for.er team + he is LH. Next was Reds played pretty crappy n vs Miami last 3 days, anyone else could have strung 3 losses on them. Lean under as Leaks has been solid v them at home and off a good start. Also Cubs didn't play that badly in mile just a hot team right now....so 1st 5 ml as well and +1.5 runs but value play o. -1.5 ARL

Last one and smaller of the three plays I over Phillies and Pirates. Kid was not sharp in AAA just his regular turn and Burnett while pitching well can have issues w LHB and Philly stacked w them

Lean Cars n Jays but going to pass

alot of work but i keep my own also and dont think theres any other way.

you are correct Bos 6-0 and A's 4-2 Gm 1's this season.

Thanks........at least I know I'm kept up.
Gets to be a pain when you miss a day. Had a golf tourney Saturday. Had to catch up.
You can tell it's helping my capping, last place in the contest. Not enough sample yet.

GL and thanks

Press

Don't see anyway around it ..Seattle well normally would go for -1.5 line but may do the -1 here. Over 7.5 and over TT.

Bottomline is Seattle is struggling w the bat and though Houston played them well it was also minus Mike Morse. Felix looked on his game last start but Seattle is 1-9 his last 10 starts!! You know what makes thy easy to deal with is Castro's are 28-77 last 105 games!!! I would expect a solid Felix start and if that's the case scoring more then 2 runs could be an issue. Peacock has hung tough but seems to be just 5 inn every start and that leaves a weak pen pen for half the game. Another thing about Seattle is they were embarrassed by their play in Texas but look at who they have faced recently Darviah twice, verlander, mad Max and so on...Not super confident in this and probably rates below my other 3 sides played earlier. Still confident though

No interest in the tribe game especially after I played wsox yesterday...unsure about the SF game ....Texas and angels head scratched but total seems low-oddly low that is....

So the 1 game I have to look at is milwe and sd...best thing for SD is they need a win but need and get are two different things. Still can't see myself playing anything but padres or pass. Brewers as road chalk at this point? ?

In the playoffs -- love the Nets to make noise in the playoffs but kinda feel like the elementof surprise for them is gone. Think Bulls keep it close here not saying win but keep it close to the end ...lean bulls..

Would steer clear of the total in LA....

Blanton knows he has to step up and Texas lineup could be a cure for his ills. His issue has been LHB just abusing him and while Texas has 5 in berkman, AJ and the bottom 3, really not much to be overly concerned about. Berk only faced him twice 0/2 but berkman isn't driving the ball yet, AJ started hitting last few games but 2/10 vs blanton. Nothing to hang your hat on but at least they don't Yvette good numbers and if they simply just get on base a few times that's status would anyway. Blanton allows tons of runners always has. On the flip Holland is in a grooveand pretty sure he has held own in LA. Couple starts where he allowed 6 runs there but think it was the same deal both times where he allowed big inn in like the 6th or7th after pitching well --but check that. Next is Angels were hit until yesterday and they started to fade w 11k in 5 inn vs details pen. Really could see this as another 4-3 game and both guys, especially blanton have history of getting awful run support - thinking blanton may have been lowest in the league last year...it's always been one of those things w him if I recall..

Out in the NL west both overs look attractive but especially SD off consecutive shutouts- though new series so not as strong ...

Oh the Texas bottom 3 LH -- Murphy and Moreland both around 170 but each Hr'd this weekend and Martin slap hitter hit a HR Sunday also his 1exbh of the season ...

Played the under rangers TT. Angels ml. Reverse w the under. Nothing crazy just unit plays.

Went after that over in SD and played the ml. Took some -1.5 for value.

Not sure if I touch that SF game

Mild steam. Derek with Jim Reynolds
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: tooltip"]Jim Reynolds[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.45[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]13.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]65[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.025[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.83

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Don't see anyway around it ..Seattle well normally would go for -1.5 line but may do the -1 here. Over 7.5 and over TT.

Bottomline is Seattle is struggling w the bat and though Houston played them well it was also minus Mike Morse. Felix looked on his game last start but Seattle is 1-9 his last 10 starts!! You know what makes thy easy to deal with is Castro's are 28-77 last 105 games!!! I would expect a solid Felix start and if that's the case scoring more then 2 runs could be an issue. Peacock has hung tough but seems to be just 5 inn every start and that leaves a weak pen pen for half the game. Another thing about Seattle is they were embarrassed by their play in Texas but look at who they have faced recently Darviah twice, verlander, mad Max and so on...Not super confident in this and probably rates below my other 3 sides played earlier. Still confident though

pretty much 100% right here, similar to how i saw it and thankfully left my Astros ML then +1 then RL then under plans in the dirt

...sorry about the Cubs, but yeah the Reds aren't hitting AT ALL

Tied up.You have to wander about that Texas manager leaving Derek in. 104 pitches when he was taken out and the manager did not notice something was wrong.

Rays ml - simply have to fade NY vs LH until they produce runs against them imo. Shit part here I w CC more then capable of winning a 3-2 or 2- game.

Cubs ml - Initially interest was because the line seemed oddly low imo. Woods has thrown well and its his for.er team + he is LH. Next was Reds played pretty crappy n vs Miami last 3 days, anyone else could have strung 3 losses on them. Lean under as Leaks has been solid v them at home and off a good start. Also Cubs didn't play that badly in mile just a hot team right now....so 1st 5 ml as well and +1.5 runs but value play o. -1.5 ARL

Last one and smaller of the three plays I over Phillies and Pirates. Kid was not sharp in AAA just his regular turn and Burnett while pitching well can have issues w LHB and Philly stacked w them

Lean Cars n Jays but going to pass
Should be noted last two CC games were 8 innings on 4 days rest. Guy was drained.

Good points w CC. Watched about 2 minutes of the game and Cone was saying he was dragging his arm tonite. After the 2nd Roberts HR..

I don't k ow what either manager was doing in terms of leaving blanton and Holland in Taiwan. Furthermore why the hell did I even bother touching that game. Its like useless to make 1 unit plays on a west coast game, when I have a solid day in the books.

I was hoping you decided to sty away from Houston. I know where you are coming from but value is an illusion. Simply because the worth of teams is in constant fluctuation. Right now Houston is awful and has been awful for 106 games--28wins and 78 losses! At +150 its still -36 units...what I was trying to say is your basically looking for the needle in the hay stack. Sure anything can happen but why hang your hat on that. Value is a discount but they still haven't figured out Houston is terrible and its like Oakland totals-- they still haven't adjusted to them being an over machine this season...

I messed up fucking around w some silly games late - that's my downfall -- waste. Still was 9-3 in bases until that Texas game. Only lost SD ml, cubs ml and over @ Philly. I really have no complaints - cubs blew two 2 run leads, SD was dunzo quick and they stranded a million guys at Philly.

Well hope everyone had good ones. Good stuff GW and Tuck. I'm calling it a night.

Probably come back w the cubs on Tuesday. Villanueva pitching well, reds pen used up again and Tony C only went 5 inn last start..not sure if they are going to be cautious w him

While I hate the Yanks vs LH its rough to see the value in Price at -170.....

Probably look at jays w dickey as well

Only things I looked at quick

Back