Monday 02/03/14 NBA discussion thread

I usually do both. In this case with no first quarter number yet I am just doing some reading at the various blogs. Have noticed though that my sides seem to be hitting better than these plays. Case in point OKC at Brooklyn where I lost the first half by .5 a point and the first quarter by 4 when Brooklyn scored 16 points in the first quarter so I want to take my time on them
Was asking bc Portland has gone over more in 1st half than 1st quarter in their away games

Considering Detroit 1st half tt over, BKN 1st half tt over and first half, Wash game 1st half over, Sac game 1st half over, Denver game 1st half over, Milwaukee 1st half and maybe 1st quarter over

TBT:
The Heat have all 15 players available, including guard Dwyane Wade and Greg Oden. Both have been held out on occasion because of knee issues.
After shortening the rotation to eight for Saturday’s game against the Knicks, coach Erik Spoelstra said he expects to play more players tonight. Look for Chris Andersen to play extended minutes while Spoelstra looks to rest guard Ray Allen.
The Heat have won 15 of 18 against Detroit, but the teams have one victory against each other this season.
Pistons center Andre Drummond is averaging 15.5 rebounds his last two games. Look for the Heat to make containing him on the glass a priority.

Wizards forward Trevor Booker is out for personal reasons.
Washington is trying to go over .500 for the eighth time this season. They haven’t been over .500 since they were 2-1 on Oct. 31, 2009.

i like the bucks getting 8 tonight

does miami show up tonight? or do they come out flat again in the 1st half? maybe a pistons tt 1t half..

played mavs tt over 54 for a wicked lot of $

added det over 49.5 (josh smith don't F'me)
nuggz tt over 54.5
2nd qtr total over 54 - this could be a wicked awesome lot after i see injuries/starters..

tblzers over 52

2nd qtr total over 54 - this could be a wicked awesome lot after i see injuries/starters..
Was wondering if Denver's high scoring 2nd quarters won't change now that Nate Robinson is out ..

Denver Post :

Starting point guard Ty Lawson participated in a largely noncontact practice Sunday and said he will be back in uniform Monday when the Nuggets host the Los Angeles Clippers.

"I have a better range of motion," said Lawson, who's recovering from a strained rotator cuff. "Only a couple of things are limiting me right now, but other than that everything is cool."

Lawson's expected return to the lineup is music to the ears of coach Brian Shaw, who not only had no point guards to turn to Friday against the Raptors, he had a total of only two healthy guards (Randy Foye and Evan Fournier) on the roster.

"It's comforting for me," Shaw said of Lawson being available. "I'm sure it's going to be a lot more comforting for the other guys, the guys used to being recipients that had to flip the script and now be playmakers. And you saw we were throwing the ball all over the place (Friday). It's a relief if he can play and especially if he can play at the level he was playing before the injury. But whenever you come back, there's always some doubt. So he has to get out there and play. Once he gets over that, he should be fine."

That doubt, for Lawson, has much more to do with getting his arm in a compromising position than it does getting knocked around.

"It's just the range," Lawson said. "Just going across screens or bumping into people, I'm not worried about."

The Nuggets won't have backup point guard Nate Robinson (knee surgery) for the rest of the season. So some players will continue to have altered roles.

Not really, think nuggz have enough guys to make up form him. Slight concern for clippers energy, but think they have enough to push it over..will keep an eye for possible 2nd half against clips..

shitty calls in the Pelican game

no money on it, but man the refs give the "veteran" Spurs alotta fuckin calls man

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheCashMan
i like the bucks getting 8 tonight

does miami show up tonight? or do they come out flat again in the 1st half? maybe a pistons tt 1t half..

played mavs tt over 54 for a wicked lot of $

added det over 49.5 (josh smith don't F'me) - he tried to - 3-11, 4 turnovers and a technical in the 1st half...
nuggz tt over 54.5

tblzers over 52

6-0..

Boom does the dynamite. Foye hits the buzzer beater.

Nuggets win by 1

clippers big on Wednesday.... Bucks small

Back