MNF Discussion

I think that Hill is a great improvement, over JT. I still can't figure out how JT didn't get the hook, sooner.

I also think that Singletary will do a better job than Nolan. Nolan helped get players in to turn the team around. They do have talent, now. But, they can't get the "us against the world" mentallity.

The WR's haven't been the problem. It all starts up front on the line and the injury bug has hit them. Sims being out isn't that big of a deal. It looks like Jennings will take that spot, but he only had limited participation, in practice. Jennings was the original starter. So, he would be starting, if not for the injury.

On the defensive side of the ball, the offense has consistently put them in bad spots. Not only short fields, off TO's. But, the defense stays on the field almost the whole game. SF doesn't maintain drives to let the defense get a breather.

I have lost interest, in my team. It's so painful to visit the official website. I haven't been over there, in a couple of months. I used to read it almost daily.

AZ has a good, all around team. The way to beat them is by pressuring Warner, which is a weakness of SF. I like Justin Smith, but I can't tell that he has improved the team pass rush. I assume he's being double-teamed. Without pressure, SF's secondary will not be able to contain Boldin and Fitz'.

I just don't see any way that the SF moneyline can hit. I think they CAN keep it close, by playing sound ball and keeping the turnovers to a minimum. The way I see it, is AZ will cover if SF continues to turn the ball over and has alot of 3 and outs.

Well its Monday Night so remember the trend whoevers wins the game tends to not involve the point spread . Dogs dont cover they win SU and favs always cover the number . Of course at -10 its a new ballgame because DD are rare on MNF. So have to look at the angle some.

It's really hard to figure out SF . O'Sullivan killed them with turnovers . I mean killed them . Look at the game @ NYG specifically. Only 3 road games won @ SEA , lost by 14 @ NO and lost by 12 @ NYG.

At NYG O'Sullivan threw a INT backed up leading to a FG , then after driving deep into the NYG red zone he threw another pick the immediate possession . So down 17-10 he gave NY 3 pts and took away 3-7 from his team. Really if he doesnt throw the 1st pick it probably goes to half 14-10 . After half SF defense forces a punt and of course O'Sullivan fumbles deep in his territory and NYG wind up with a TD . They did get that TD make in a sense when they blocked a FG and scored a TD . Later NYG added a FG and in the 4th Q SF took a safety . So really a less sloppy game would have been decided by a FG.

t NO trailed 21-6 at half but a SF fumble led to their unraveling up 3-0. On 1st and 10 at the SF 44 he took a sack to make it 2nd and 15 . Then on 2nd down he gets sacked again and fumbles the ball to NO. Short field and they score their 1st TD . NO then scored again to go up 14-3 again driving 1st and 10 at the NO 31 they get a 10 yd holding penalty and settle for 3 pts. Down 14-6 with 90 secs before half SF defense gets burned again for a 47 yd TD to go up 21-6 after just allowing a 33yd TD pass the previous day . Same deal after hafl 21-6 move the ball to the NO 16 and wind up settling for 3 after taking a 2nd down sack. Now 21-9 and SF ball they have it 2nd and 5 at the NO 10 yd line and O'Sullivan throws an INT . Which of course NO winds up going 91 yds the other way making a 21-9 game 28-9 . SF again drives to the SF 16 and again he gets picked off . SF drvies the field and the fumbles inside the 1 and SF goes the other way and scores to lose 28-17.

Lost at home by 9 to NE and O' Sullivan threw a 2nd H pick which led to a TD . Also NE scored a TD right before half and on a big 66 yd play to Moss . So again SF hung around.

lost at home to Philly by 14 but last score was an Eagle pick 6 so it was TD game late . Also led to start the 4th but were outscored 23-0 that quarter granted they had a blocked FG for a TD before help to keep them in it .

SF is an interesting team because they really fucked themselves with turnovers all season . The only real bad game they played was Seattle which Nolan was fired and Singletary replaced him . So not the greatest spot .

1st meeting vs Zona . Game tied at 10 at the break. Which they still had 3 1st H turnovers . The 1st they lucked out when Zona had the ball inside the 10 and went backward only to miss a FG. Up 7-3 on 3rd and 3 at the SF 47 another INT. Again they lucked out as Zona started at the SF 33 but with 2 sacks had to punt . Down 10-7 they hit a big play(after a big kick return) to the Zona 20 yd line. Of course O'Sullivan sacked and fumbles . After a Zona punt they get he ball back and drive again to tie it up at 10.

After half Zoan gets the ball drives it to the SF 5 and stalls bewteen penalties and sacks settling for a FG. Ensuing kickoff down 13-10 they fumble the ball back to Zona and short field . On 3rd down and 9 from the 21 SF commits a penalty automatic 1st down and eventually TD . Now 20-10. For the 1st 11 minutes of the 3rd Q SF NEVER touched the ball. Once they did again drove for a FG to make it 20-13. Zona grinded away now getting another FG but picked up 3 3rd or 4th downs and killed the clock. So the Cards had theball for 21 of the 28 minutes of the 2nd H and SF had just 1 possession !!

Basically my point is SF has self destructed time and time again. Usually due to O'Sullivan fumbling or throwing INTs. So what does the team look like w/o thses critical turnovers . The defense has been okay but at times allowed big TD plays . Huge concern vs ZOna's offense.

Zona is tough at home but SF did win their last year and sweep them. As well as only once losing by more then 10 pts to Zona in the past 6-8 meetings. SF will have Jonas Jennings back which should help the OL . I dont worry about BYEs much but with a new coach it probably was a perfect time. Look at Zona's schedule . They beat up on Buffalo and Miami early on and had alot fo good bounces in beating Dallas . They lost a game they should have probably won @ Carolina and I had the Panthers but responded by thumping STL. Which loses alot of luster after yesterday 's game.

ARI is solid but not sure if they are good enoug to be -10 here . So leaning SF but unsure and like the 1st H over and game over some:cheers:

thanks Manchester--- for the contributions--

Zona at home is a different team, they harrassed the shit out of ROMO and can pressure the QB- they have former FSU great DOCKETT, former Hawaii Rainbow Travis LABOY- Betrand BErry a stud, and Adrian WILSON a stud safety, they hit the QB hard and get pressure, they were all over ROMO that game--

I dont think Hill knows what he is in for, ZONA is pumped and will not overlook this as they hardly are every on prime and are not well respected anyway-

Also add in that mike Singletary is trying to save his own ass-- you do things quietly as a coach, these players will be doing everything possible to get him fired, they hate his guts, they didnt show up vs seattle and then at half he dropped his pants at halftime and they mailed it in even more--

You can bet they dont want this guy to be their coach, and they will not play for him, he will not coach anywhere in the NFL as he is a loose cannon.

Martz is pissed that O sullivan is not there anymore, because his play calling is all deep balls and deeper routes--

Hill checks everything down short.

I think Singletary calls for a ton of pounding Gore with lots of dump offs. Hills not going to have time to go deep. SF will try and make it a short game and keep Warner off the field. I think 48 points is way too high. SF doesn't score a lot and the Zona defense isn't too shabby. I think it's an Arizona 27-10 type of game.

I think Singletary calls for a ton of pounding Gore with lots of dump offs. Hills not going to have time to go deep. SF will try and make it a short game and keep Warner off the field. I think 48 points is way too high. SF doesn't score a lot and the Zona defense isn't too shabby. I think it's an Arizona 27-10 type of game.

Damn...you read my mind.

:shake:

Since 2004 -

San Fran is 1-4 SU & 0-4-1 ATS on primetime - O/U 1-3-1

Arizona is 1-2 SU & 2-0-1 ATS on primetime - O/U 2-1

Remember, that's when Arizona used to suck, much like SF sucks today. Covering the spread getting high numbers and a sucky team is much easier. :cheers:

You can bet they dont want this guy to be their coach, and they will not play for him, he will not coach anywhere in the NFL as he is a loose cannon.

This is really too bad...I was liking his way of saying "You guys are embarrasing yourselves" He was a class act in the league when he was paying, and we need more coaches willing to treat these guys as they are...Crybaby Millionaries!

This is really too bad...I was liking his way of saying "You guys are embarrasing yourselves" He was a class act in the league when he was paying, and we need more coaches willing to treat these guys as they are...Crybaby Millionaries!
:shake: the guys like him and they will play for him.

Remember, that's when Arizona used to suck, much like SF sucks today. Covering the spread getting high numbers and a sucky team is much easier. :cheers:

San fran are 0-4 ATS in the games they were Dogs in, since 2004.

Arizona is 1-0 ATS in the game they were a Fav in, since 2004.

Feel any better, shark?
icon12.gif

I’d rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team,” Singletary said. “It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.”:shake:

I’d rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team,” Singletary said. “It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can’t do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.”:shake:

SIngletary is right on, he should go find a new team to coach then, cause san fran is not that team he is talking about

Finally had a game a dead on this weekend. Like I said turnovers are what kills SF and well it gave Zona the win with a bunch late. Not to mention the stupid ass play calling on the 1yd line at the end. I understand trying to run it but wait till 4th down when you may catch them off guard rather then if you dont get it on 1st down your lose at least 1 shot at the win maybe 2 .

SIngletary is right on, he should go find a new team to coach then, cause san fran is not that team he is talking about
WTF are you talking about Sammy? That team played their hearts out for him. Arizona should be embarrased that they almost lost outright to a team everyone thought were going to blow them out. :36_11_6:

WTF are you talking about Sammy? That team played their hearts out for him. Arizona should be embarrased that they almost lost outright to a team everyone thought were going to blow them out. :36_11_6:

Shark that was a game that Zona could have covered but overall Zona is mickey mouse, you were right on that-- they just are not good enough to cover spreads like that--
also their offense is overrated also vs a physical team--

Zona coud have covered but Niners were the play due to the fact that Zona was not good enough to cover- although a lot of weird ass shit came through, the DOG will always cover when weird shit happens

Zona is definetly overrated . They caught every break in the Dallas win and still Dallas was able to come back on them repeatedly . Miami , Buffalo and @ STL. Plus 2 wins vs SF that the 49ers handed to them . Problem with SF is they have just 1 star player on offense in Gore and he is not a superstar . They cant make things happen as easy as Zona because look at the 2 stud WRs they have every play that can cause trouble. They caught Miami early and that was actually the point when the Phins woke up and Buffalo was undefeated due to a soft schedule and injuries have killed them. They played 3 solid teams away and lost to all of them Wash-NYJ and Carolina.

Dont see how Zona could have covered . SF came to play and that showed when you take the opening kick just like Zona did vs the Boys . They had 2 Ints , a fumble and TOD in the 2nd Half . They twice gave Zona the ball inside the SF 10 and that led to 10 points in a game decided by 5 . Not to mention they had the ball on the 1yd line with 3 plays to do something . Except they ran it , WTF was that!

Shaun Hill is a nice little game manager but I expect that SF could be a tad overvalued next game . In the sense they dont know how to win as they continue to self destruct . Interesting to see how next week pans out for them

Shark that was a game that Zona could have covered but overall Zona is mickey mouse, you were right on that-- they just are not good enough to cover spreads like that--
also their offense is overrated also vs a physical team--

Zona coud have covered but Niners were the play due to the fact that Zona was not good enough to cover- although a lot of weird ass shit came through, the DOG will always cover when weird shit happens

sammy- im not a hater but u spent all day trying to talk people out of san fran..why dont you cap games and post your plays and not try to talk people out of games...ur not doing anyone favors here..as easy as it COULD have been for cards to cover, they didnt..and it was just as easy for san fran to win straight up and they didnt...we should all be friends here and instead of spending your whole day trying to bash san fran, just post your picks and give an explanation and let people do their due diligence and decide games based on the stats out there..just my opinion...GL to you and everyone out there trying to make some extra cash!

Back