MNF 10/01 New England @ Cincy

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
MNF ATS 2-1-1
NFL ATS 12-9-1

New England - 7 1/2 @ Cincinnati

The question is, "Can New England keep covering by double digits ? " My answer is absolutely yes on tonight's game. Im tired of hearing about this so called "potent" offense and about the mouthy "85". Look guys, the only time Cincy has put any points on the board where I would say "wow" was against Cleveland and I think I have to give credit to the lack of "defenses" on both sides of that game. The other games Cincy has had were a loss to Seattle last week 21-24, and sqeeked by Baltimore 27-20. It beat Indy 14-6, and lost to Hotlanta 19-24 in pre-season. So there you have their last 5 games. I'm not impressed. Can Cincy's defense stop NE ? Nope Can NE's defense stop Cincy? Yep.

Truth of the matter is, Cinci is gonna try and beat the team they wish they could be. No way in hell ! The way I see it, for Cinci to cover, they would almost have to beat the Pats outright. It aint happening tonight. Not on MNF.

Good Luck guys...:cheers:

The only reason why I am hesitant to add to my position on NE tonight is that Maroney is questionable with his groin.

I dont know wheezy. Is that what the books want you to think? :4_12_13:

Blue_Chip...Rudi Johnson is out for Cincy too. Another problem for Cincy's offense.

Shark, I completely agree. :shake: NE is my play as well. :cheers: GL to us tonight.

Don't know what to think of this game. I got crushed this weekend and may lay off. Confidence is low right now. GL either way.

Satyr.........:cheers:

ATP...........sorry to hear that. It started out rough for me too but ended 3-2 yesterday. Not great but still made something thanks to the Giants ML. Good Luck to you if you decide to jump in tonight's game. :shake:

Don't know what to think of this game. I got crushed this weekend and may lay off. Confidence is low right now.

i'm feeling the same exact way...... still really want to go with NE, but with the way the weekend has played out i just dont know....

Yikes man..you can throw the preseason stats out cause they don't mean anything...the offense played one series vs Indy and Doug Johsnon and Jeff Rowe played the rest...and one half vs ATL...

They may not cover tonight (Cincy), but it's not because of lack of offense...

27 points against Baltimore is pretty damn good...21 at Seattle isn't great, but it's not bad..turnovers killed them in that game...

Rudi not going tonight hurts Cincy and puts a damper on the game...

GL bro...if I play it will be against you.

:14_6_14: 85..... :smiley_acbe:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=middle><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Name</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=18>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=right>Rec </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg7 align=right>Yds </TD><TD align=right>Y/G </TD><TD align=right>Avg </TD><TD align=right>Lng </TD><TD align=right>YAC </TD><TD align=right>1stD </TD><TD align=right>TD </TD><TD> </TD><TD align=right>Fum </TD><TD align=right>FumL </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Chad Johnson</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>CIN</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>25 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>442 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>147.3 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>17.7 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>39 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3.0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>24 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Randy Moss</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>NWE</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>22 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>403 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>134.3 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>18.3 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>51 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>16 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>5 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Roy Williams</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>DET</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>26 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>388 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>97.0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>14.9 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>91 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>7.4 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>14 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>2 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Jerricho Cotchery</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>NYJ</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>26 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>382 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>95.5 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>14.7 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>50 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>5.3 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>19 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Antonio Gates</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>SDG</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>33 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>376 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>94.0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>11.4 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>27 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>2.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>21 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>2 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Braylon Edwards</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>CLE</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>18 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>375 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>93.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>20.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>78 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1.6 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>13 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>4 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Kellen Winslow</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>CLE</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>20 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>367 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>91.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>18.4 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>49 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3.4 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>15 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Terrell Owens</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>DAL</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>19 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>362 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>90.5 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>19.1 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>47 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>5.1 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>17 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=middle><TD class=yspscores align=left> Deion Branch</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>SEA</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>20 </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>329 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>82.3 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>16.5 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>65 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>3.8 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>14 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>1 </TD><TD class=yspscores> </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:tiphat:

Damn Jump....Didnt mean to piss you off, being my boss here and all :nervous: but come on man, 1-2 and you want them to cover 7 1/2 points against NE ?

And as far as 85...I never said he was a bad receiver, what I meant by that picture :36_11_6: was that New England will have a plan to stop him. Thats all boss. :consoling1::36_9_2:

i'm feeling the same exact way...... still really want to go with NE, but with the way the weekend has played out i just dont know....

man last week i went 11-3 (ncaa-nfl)

this week i went 3-13......

GOT HAMMERED!

i like NE-7 under 54 parlay

I agree with you shark (and silverbull) ... I think losing Rudi makes this team wayy too one dimensional. If New England gets up early, then Cincy is screwed. I'm thinking something like 31-13, BOL.

The Bengals arent confident in themselves right now as evident by this statement from RT Willie Anderson.....
"We have to figure out something," Anderson said. "The coaches have to figure out something, to put the right guys on the field, to put us in the right positions. ... It's everybody. Players, coaches. We've all got jobs to figure out and the job is getting tough right now."

In other words, the Bengals know which Patriots team is showing up on that field tonight but they dont know which Bengals team.

That quote was 20 mins after a loss last week at Seattle in which SEA scored w/ 55 secs left to take lead and Cincy fumbles the kickoff..

Not the best of times to get a positive review from a player...and he was injured in second half and couldn't play...

Spanish- don't it seem like everyone is on the Pats tonight? Perhaps Vegas won a ton this past Sunday and looking to give some back with this Pats cover! lol, I sure hope so!!

On this with you. I've lost soo much on the Steelers and Iggles... damn.

That quote was 20 mins after a loss last week at Seattle in which SEA scored w/ 55 secs left to take lead and Cincy fumbles the kickoff..

Not the best of times to get a positive review from a player...and he was injured in second half and couldn't play...

Doesnt take from the fact that it is really the way he feels. I mean, if any player has a clue of whats going on with Cincy its Willie Anderson

Spanish- don't it seem like everyone is on the Pats tonight? Perhaps Vegas won a ton this past Sunday and looking to give some back with this Pats cover! lol, I sure hope so!!

On this with you. I've lost soo much on the Steelers and Iggles... damn.

Nah, I dont think they EVER want to give anything bac..lol We'll just have to watch the line movement later and see how they adjust it. I've noticed a couple books already adjusted to NE -9. We'll see.

bengs are wearing their specialty jerseys tonight
they're 6-0 su in them :smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

Oh, I'm not worried, shark. And it does not really matter, because those four opponents do not hold a candle to the '07 Patriots. Besdies, historic trends are of no importance to me.

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Paul Brown Stadium officials want permission to shoot down pigeons that are pooping on Bengals fans' heads -- and in their food and beer -- during games.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6: Even the pigeons know

I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't take the Pats on a relatively short line tonight. If I trusted them to cover the large spread against Buffalo (-17.5) last week, I'll trust them with -7 this week.

I wonder if people have noticed a trend with the home dogs playing really well and now they are jumping on them (Bengals) with this nice (possible) payout on the ML.

Maybe this is a trap, people thinking CIN due for a win & great play by home dogs... I think public will start to jump on the ML closer and closer to gametime in hopes of a good payout.

Praying for CIN to not show up tonight. Any significant injuries? Is Rudi a 100% no play??

I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't take the Pats on a relatively short line tonight. If I trusted them to cover the large spread against Buffalo (-17.5) last week, I'll trust them with -7 this week.

Good point too. :cheers:

I wonder if people have noticed a trend with the home dogs playing really well

Some people have noticed the trend and bet accordingly, some people have noticed the trend, deemed it irrelevant, and bet accordingly (me), and I'm sure there are some people that have not taken the time to research and therefore have not noticed the trend.

MNF win vs Denver in 04....SNF win vs Miami in 05....TNF win vs Baltimore last year...MNF win vs Baltimore three weeks ago..

H.O.F bound C. Johnson is dealing with a bad hammy... or so I noticed 2 weeks ago... hope he tears it (strictly for my $1,500 bet) What that mean? lol

damn that was bad. sorry.

I keep watching that vid with the 20 dollar bills... waiting and waiting to see if it will ever end lol.

I certainly hope it never ever ends LOL !!!!

Pats defense will be the key tonite.
I see all the bengal backers talking about their Offense, but I really believe that the pats D will give them fits tonight.
I personally think we'll see Pats dominate the 1H, get huge lead, and then just hold tight in 2H, possibly trading score for score, very similar to game in SD. Don't get me wrong, SD and CIN are different teams, but they both have and will suffer against this defense.

NE 1H
NE Game

Posible NE 2H Opportunity (if Plus Pts).

:cheers:

Last edited:
How the Bengals can slow the Pats

by: Ken Moll
posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 | Print Entry
filed under: NFL, Insider NFL, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots

<!-- begin free preview text -->With a 1-2 record and the 29th ranked defense in the NFL the Cincinnati Bengals are one of the biggest disappointments in the league right now, and with the prolific offense of the New England Patriots coming to town for 'Monday Night Football' things could get even worse.

The Patriots are putting up freakishly efficient numbers: 441 total yards per game; a 79.5 percent completion rate and 141.8 passer rating for QB Tom Brady; 18.5 yards per catch for Randy Moss and 11.1 for Wes Welker; and an average of better than four yards per carry for the 1-2 running punch of Laurence Maroney and Sammy Morris. Getting right against this unit will be a difficult task for Bengals defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan and his much-maligned unit. Bresnahan bases his philosophy out of a 3-4 scheme with various odd-man fronts mixed in and his goal will be to make the Patriots one-dimensional, to slow the game down and make the Patriots mount drives of 10 plays or more to score points. That starts with becoming more stout against the run, something that can be accomplished by moving the alignment of the defensive ends inside slightly to help clog the middle and spill interior running plays to the outside. This would benefit a Cincinnati linebacker corps that is more effective pursuing inside-out than stuffing downhill running plays between the tackles. Mixing in some interior line stunts to disrupt New England's blocking schemes would also be helpful.

Couldn't copy and paste the rest because I'm not a hardcore ESPN "Insider"<!-- end free preview text -->

Rain/Thunder 40% chance up until 7pm... turf could be moist...

I'm starting to get the itch that this is going to be a low scoring game.
20-12

Mind if I weigh in? I know, it's been a while. You guys crack me up! For those of you who know me, would I lay money against an elite team like the Pats? Nope! I'll lay the -360 ML on them, though. They are the class of the NFL. The Brady/Moss thing is just getting started. I have the over 54, too. This one should be a shootout, especially if the RBs are gimpy.

Mind if I weigh in? I know, it's been a while. You guys crack me up! For those of you who know me, would I lay money against an elite team like the Pats? Nope! I'll lay the -360 ML on them, though. They are the class of the NFL. The Brady/Moss thing is just getting started. I have the over 54, too. This one should be a shootout, especially if the RBs are gimpy.

Holy cow, is this a Ghost From The Past? How you been Flounder? Oh, Happy Birthday you old fart ! Just wanted to make that official. Good to see you back. :shake:

Am I still the oldest person here? Yeah, I'm back. Reel season (that's fishin' for you landlubbers) is windin' down and the real action is gettin' started. Can't wait for the hoops to begin. It's gonna be another great year. I'll be in Vegas the last 2 weeks in Nov. I'm hopin' to arrive hot and leave with cold cash. Glad to be back, Sharkie. Glad you're still here, amigo.

Back