MLK Hockey

4. Somebody else on this team needs to step up and start scoring goals. They are not getting any secondary scoring. It is all Sid, Gino and Neal. The team is 4th in shots, but only 19th in the league in scoring. Jeffrey and/or Tangradi need to be the young guys who contribute and Sutter (still goal-less) needs to find the scoring touch.

Blood - I was at the game and got a close-up look at what transpired. Basically, I have decided to throw this game out. They were playing extremely flat - almost to the point that it looked like they were not trying. I'm not sure what was up with them, but maybe a bad flight or team illness or something - it was that bad. I am curious to see how they respond tomorrow night in NY. I am certainly not ready to hit the panic button after one really bad game. They still have two of the best players in the world and that alone can carry them pretty far IMO. A couple of observations though:

1. I said previously that the Pens will struggle against teams with young/fast forwards - see Tor, Atl NYI. The good news for them is that they are not likely to meet these teams in the playoffs and, even if they did, a playoff series is much different than one game in January. Still, they need to figure out a way to improve their team speed.

2. Fleury is still looking shaky. He has always flailed around too much for my liking, but I believed he was good enough to get it done in the playoffs. I think he is struggling with his confidence and just does not look comfortable. His D really let him down last night, but thought he should have stopped the first two goals. Vokoun, on the other hand, looked very comfortable in net. I would not be surprised if TV gets more playing time if Fleury struggles.

3. Can the organization please get somebody to play with Sid??? Kunitz and Dupuis are not good.

The Rags appear to have put it together so tomorrow night should be an entertaining game.

Thanks for an excellent reply C
''Kunitz and Dupuis are not good.'' i have see that also Hopefully they improve along with Fleury as this short season goes on and help us down the rd

GL C Man

Bad additions the last two nights. Tonight:

Cal -155 2 units
Buf +160

looking at Wash

Thanks guys. Staying with these 2, but really like Wash and Pit as well. Both moved to -105 at my shop and not willing to lay with them.

Very good win by the Pens tonight. Again, Vokoun looked comfortable in net. Fleury had better get his shit together or he is going to be watching from the bench quite a bit. Another point worth mentioning is the Pens have gone under in 3 of their 4 wins. They appear more comfortable playing lower scoring, good defensive hockey - something they will need to do to win in the playoffs.

My team B, Buffalo, also won an important 4 pt game in Boston. Big difference being down 4 pts in the standings vs 8. Vanek was unbelievable with a hat trick and 5 pts. Scott won a big fight early to set the tone. I thought the Sabers were done when Bos made it 3-1 (Bos had won something like 36-maybe more-straight when leading by 2 or more goals), but the Sabers showed heart.

Agreed with vokoun, like the guy, and that buffalo game was crazy. whenver I checked back, another goal....vanek is the man

Back