MLB Wed

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
since 7/28 Posted on CTG

33-14, (+32,085)--- ML, RL and Totals

1-0 yesterday. bumped it to top unit play and played out exactly as I thought. Trying to crash through the 20 over .500 mark in this current stretch.

Mentioned this in my in-game yesterday but something to keep track of is the use and availability of Chris Carpenter.. He will be a reliever (or as Larussa referred to it- "second starter") the rest of the way. So it is important to know which days he is available. Yesterday was a good example.. Wainwright has been lights out but coming off the DL is not going to stretch out very many 7 or 8 inning games. But with Carpenter behind him, in essence you get two number one starters in the same game. I will also be looking at Wellenmyer starts.. He is usually lights out for 5 innings, now, on the days Carpenter is scheduled to pitch behind him, he becomes much more attractive..

Marlins -133, 4 units WIN

I'll write some thoughts up in a minute

Last edited:
Marlins ML

Campillo looks like a converted reliever who's arm is getting tired. Missed his location over and over in his last start and I see a trend of regression.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>FB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/29</TD><TD align=left>@WAS</TD><TD align=left>L 3-7</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>L(7-7)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.61</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/23</TD><TD align=left>@STL</TD><TD align=left>W 8-4</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>100</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.37</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/18</TD><TD align=left>SF</TD><TD align=left>L 0-5</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>108</TD><TD>L(7-6)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.29</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/13</TD><TD align=left>CHC</TD><TD align=left>L 0-8</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>L(7-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.09</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/8</TD><TD align=left>@ARI</TD><TD align=left>W 11-6</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>W(7-4)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2.83</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/3</TD><TD align=left>MIL</TD><TD align=left>W 5-0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>101</TD><TD>W(6-4)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2.58</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7/29</TD><TD align=left>STL</TD><TD align=left>L 3-8</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>100</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2.76</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>7/27</TD><TD align=left>@PHI</TD><TD align=left>L 10-12</TD><TD>1.2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2.78</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7/21</TD><TD align=left>@FLA</TD><TD align=left>W 4-0</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>91</TD><TD>W(5-4)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2.83</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>7/13</TD><TD align=left>@SD</TD><TD align=left>W 12-3</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>W(4-4)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.06</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Vollstad on the other hand is not getting the wins but I see a lot of quality in his most recent starts, especially his last v. the Mets. Still walks too many but at home with a Chipperless lineup I'll take it.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>FB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/29</TD><TD align=left>NYM</TD><TD align=left>L 4-5</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>104</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.20</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/23</TD><TD align=left>@ARI</TD><TD align=left>L 1-7</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>L(4-3)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.42</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/17</TD><TD align=left>CHC</TD><TD align=left>L 2-9</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>106</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.02</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/12</TD><TD align=left>STL</TD><TD align=left>W 4-3</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>W(4-2)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>3.03</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Note: this play goes against a pretty significant trend RambleOn was tracking that called for a fade of a team that scores DD the night before and loses. Not sure how it has played out the last month or so (maybe Ramble can share) but at one time it was in the high 70% range.. But I am going against it today.

Straight tailing on this one bro, wouldn't even try to make shit up! Gives me something to do this afternoon at work:)

Let's grab the cash bro!

Good Luck bro. Was on FLA but thinking about FLA 1st 5 inn ML . Just not sure I can trust FLA's pen and from what I recall since his initial debut he seems to be lifted after 6 innings . With Campillo he does seem off as he mentioned the command issue last outing and clearly is getting hit much harder recently , plus as you said he is a converted reliever and not a young one at that either..

:cheers:

Good Luck bro. Was on FLA but thinking about FLA 1st 5 inn ML . Just not sure I can trust FLA's pen and from what I recall since his initial debut he seems to be lifted after 6 innings . With Campillo he does seem off as he mentioned the command issue last outing and clearly is getting hit much harder recently , plus as you said he is a converted reliever and not a young one at that either..

:cheers:

Mentioned briefly over in the discussion thread.. Both Pens are shot but with Sept callups in place the tired pen capping angle needs to be adjusted somewhat and often eliminated altogether IMO.. Give Volstad a much better chance to go deep than Campillo but ya Nut a 5 inning play makes a lot of sense:shake:

Nelson went 2 inn yesterday , both Rhodes and Lindstrom pitched in games 1 and 2 . Waechter since his DL return looks so-so but no runs yet allowed..

Mentioned briefly over in the discussion thread.. Both Pens are shot but with Sept callups in place the tired pen capping angle needs to be adjusted somewhat and often eliminated altogether IMO.. Give Volstad a much better chance to go deep than Campillo but ya Nut a 5 inning play makes a lot of sense:shake:

Good points Tee. I dont worry so much about tired as in managers deciding they wont use certain pitchers (like 3 days straight) . Its a guessing game . While the extra arms are useful with poor pens one would think if the guys brought up can contribute chances are rthey would have been up before 9-1...

I guess this has me worried because it look so easy and seems everyone has jumped off the Campillo wagon...

Atl has won consecutive road games ONLY 5 x in 08 , of that 4 of the 5 were in the same series and only once (vs Zona) did they win 3 straight

Definetly a cheap price for such a poor road team...and Volstad was solid s Mets last time out ..interesting lineups like MacPherson at 3rd..GL Tee:cheers::shake:

Agreed, thinking Campillo is suffering from some dead-arm... nice job yesterday and good luck as always

2-0 top of the 3rd!

Ya Glaus homer.. Hitting in the #2 hole again today in front of Pujols.. Great move by Larussa to get Glaus out of his funk.

Mags-- glad you don't work for me:36_11_6:

Back