MLB Tuesday 10/15

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +285
2-0 last

Cle/NY series: NY pretty dominant in game #1 but Cle did show some signs of not going quietly but still went. When it comes to comparing offenses there really is no comparison. The Yanks have more weapons, and the return of Rizzo really makes it a tall mountain to climb because I think he is a major contributor both at the plate and in the dugout. Also, while I was watching the game a friend, who is a major Indians fan, he texted me to ask will Naylor ever get a hit in this series. I pointed out there were two brothers Naylor on this team, and which one was he talking about? He said pick one I'll take any Naylor who gets a hit. It got me to thinking he may have hit (pardon the pun) on something. Neither the catcher nor first base Naylor has been hitting for shit and if that continues Cle has no chance of staying with the Yanks so let's keep an eye on that especially today.

It's Bibee against Cole and both have been solid. My lean is to the yanks ML at -170 today but please keep in mind my leans and what I actually bet are two entirely different animals. I give you my leans in case you are undecided what to do but if I don't post it as a bet in here then always take it for what it's worth which is just an opinion but not one strong enough for me to risk money on. I'll always post what I actually bet.

LA/Mets series: LA took game one because the Mets started a "starter" and that got them into the Mets bullpen and could have had them dominate the series except that in game #2, a bonus game for LA which they promptly pissed away, the Dodgers started a reliever who hadn't pitched more than 1 inning all year. They did the same stupid thing the Mets did in game #1 and LA got the same stupid result. The Mets hammered them and got 5 pitchers deep into the Dodger bullpen. Great decision again using those fucking "starters" and on top of that boneheaded decision this is now a 5-game series instead of 7 and the Mets get to play 3 of those games in NY. Good job! Maybe ALL the teams should utilize this incredibly effective innovative "starter" strategy.

Buehler against Severino and both have been extremely generous to opposing hitters. Buehler got hammered in his last and Severino just consistently gives up runs each time he starts. But why am I talking about the game tomorrow? Gee, I don't know.

Parlay: BetMGM

Cle/NYY over 3 1/2 -750
LA/Mets over 4 1/2 -700

-50/+65

Do I like both these games over 7? Yes, LA over 7 more than Yanks over 7 but that is just an opinion not what I bet. GL

Before I forget, the wife and I are off to Philly this coming Friday for the weekend. They have this bike ride, like NYC, where they close down the streets Saturday morning, and you get to ride 20 miles without traffic. Wife loves that and gets to return to her favorite city (I guess Montreal is her favorite and that makes Philly her second favorite) so we are leaving early Friday and won't be back until late Sunday. My next post will be Monday. Most of you will be watching football so it really won't matter what I think about baseball games played this weekend. GL

Thanks for the insight Wire, and good luck with the pix.

Have fun and don't pull anything that's gonna hurt...

1729029298062.png

Back