MLB Sunday 4/23

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1940
8-3 last

All x50 each

Colo/Phil over 8 - Philly will probably do the heavy lifting to win this over but Colo should help some.
Toronto/NYY over 8 - Why is Gausmann favored -130 in this one? Make no mistake Schmidt is really bad but Gausman got crushed in his last. This game was made for an over.
Miami/Cle over 7 - Cle is a really bad soccer team cause they sure as hell can't be called a baseball team. Facing a reeling pitcher with a 14+ era they managed to score a whopping 1 run. So why take this over? Because Luzardo will allow even them 1 or 2 and the Cle starter Allen will allow the fish enough to get this over home safely.
Texas ML -320 - Wire you have to be crazy to lay these odds! Doesn't matter that Muller is terrible and degrom is throwing like his old self no one should ever lay -320. Run away from those high odds. But if you good folks will excuse me, I have to go to the cashier's window now to collect my $50.
Mets/SF under 9 1/2 - Both starters are decent enough to get below this high number.

May try the Grand Salami. The actual combined total as of right now is 124 1/2. That of course will move a little before the GS comes out. But 124 1/2 makes the GS actual posted total expected to be 128. You may not know this, but the books always pad the GS upward from the actual added total because of the publics bias for betting overs. It always moves up 3 to 5 points from what you add together of all the games. So tomorrow GS will be around 127 1/2 to 129 1/2. Because the game totals will move from the 124 1/2 it is now, I will go under anything GS 130 or above and over anything GS 127 and below. Either way I won't bet more than 100 because it isn't easy to figure out today as 8 games lean under and 6 lean over. The Balt game could go either way. Speaking of that game you might want to take a pass on Balt ML today like I did or bet a little on the dog Detroit. Tigers Rodriguez is very decent, and the Birds Rodriguez is not very good.

Did you think I just flipped a coin to decide to bet over or under on the GS? Sorry to disappoint you but every bet I make in baseball is capped. Remember that $1000 GS bet I made earlier in the season? 13 of 17 games leaned under. GL

Last edited:
Thanks Cash. LMAO! I am going to rant about these fucking commercials promoting how great MLB is now with their new rules by MLB one of these days, but I am waiting to see if they stop those commercials telling us how great MLB is now. GL

Grand Salami is 130 1/2. That's 8 1/2 runs over the total of all games of 122. Should have been no higher than 127 at the highest. That's a big mistake Mr. Bookie.

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami under 130 1/2 -550/+500

GL

Grand Salami is 130 1/2. That's 8 1/2 runs over the total of all games of 122. Should have been no higher than 127 at the highest. That's a big mistake Mr. Bookie.

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami under 130 1/2 -550/+500

GL
Damn, I read your post, looked at my book and it’s 129.5

I know we don’t agree on this but im a big believer in laying the -1.5 if I like a massive fav. The way I look at it is if they win by 1 run laying -250 or more probably wasn’t a great bet even if it wins. Rangers tagged them by 15 yesterday! Oakland is so bad i actually think there is a legit case to lay big juice or -1.5 against them. My only problem with this series is cubs were so much cheaper the series before and I’d say them and rangers close. Anytime we can -130s thru -170s on decent teams at Oakland I think worth jumping all over.

Im not sure A’s would win a lot if they played triple A teams! They really that bad! I know we sometimes say that about nfl teams not as good a college team but that just nonsense talk, it not accurate. The A’s being a middling triple a team is pretty accurate, that lineup is full of minor leaguers and the pitching staff has maybe a few legit big leaguers.

Thanks Tim. Always appreciate your responses. GL

Bank, you are right we don't agree on giving runs and we probably never will. But that's ok. Everyone gambles differently and hopefully it works out for all against the books.

It is just in my DNA that if I make a bet and win the game, I win the money. It goes against everything I believe in to lessen the odds and lessen the risk, win the game, and lose the bet. I believe I didn't really lessen the risk if my team wins, and I lose money.

I also understand your point that if they only win by 1 run then it wasn't a good bet anyway but I also disagree with that philosophy because the team I am laying big odds on I am expecting to win. I don't know nor care if they win by 1 or 10. You yourself have said you just love getting those + runs. The books say the same thing when you increase their odds of taking your money because the team you bet didn't win by enough. You are presenting the books with a way to lose the game and win your money. Like we do to them with +2 1/2 runs.

Come to think of it why don't you bet those huge -300+ favs and instead of giving -1 1/2 you give the books the -2 1/2 runs? I bet that would realIy lower the odds from -300+ down to -130 giving -2 1/2 runs.

I'm betting you are thinking after you just read that last sentence no way in hell I'm giving the book +2 1/2 runs. Now you know how I feel when I say no way in hell I am ever giving the books even +1 1/2 runs.

I will win 8 of 10 or better of those -300 favs. That comes out to +600 for the books and +800 for me for a +200 profit. I don't do it often but I will continue to do it. We will have to agree to disagree. GL

Back