MLB Off-season...

I've been thinking on all the teams. I'd love to hear more leans. I cant fade Braves.

If I had to choose between rox, az and giants to go over, it wouldnt be the giants. Maybe rox home field helps this bad team and AZ had good start last year and I like their manager.

Angel over is tempting but their SPs do not do it for me but I want to play them

Astros and Athletics now both at +130 to win west.

First moves I see on tt are the over juiced now for Dodgers/Royals over and Pirates under

Lines moving now with juice

Bosox under
Ray's over
Giants under
Rangers over
Royals over
Twins over
White sox under
Marlins over
Reds under

Brewers signed Jackie Bradley which makes no sense to me. The team defense will be great but other than Yelich and hopefully Hiura there isn't a decent bat in the lineup.

I’m negative on everything as anyone around here can tell you. With that said I wouldn’t bet the Brewers under when they have a very good pitching staff and elite defense.
I think your right.

Brewers moved to +250 and Reds to +325

Reds seems to be the team tanking. I wish I hadn't pulled trigger yet. That was a mistake.

Agree their pitching is impressive, but offense looks weak.

If they start slow I will look to get off that under and hell, having Cards +200 and Brewers +250 is free money

Watching closely

Last edited:
I think your right.

Brewers moved to +250 and Reds to +325

Reds seems to be the team tanking. I wish I hadn't pulled trigger yet. That was a mistake.

Agree their pitching is impressive, but offense looks weak.

If they start slow I will look to get off that under and hell, having Cards +200 and Brewers +250 is free money

Watching closely
The Brewers lineup looks like it could be amongst the worst in baseball. Yelich and Hiura are the only two plus bats and they are really relying on pitching and defense to carry them which might work in a weak division.

I didnt expect to become so invested in the National League Central. Played Reds u82.5/-122 and I am happy with it. I wish I hadn't pulled trigger on Brewers but it's done, and their first 5 series arent particularly easy, I'd like a slow start to maybe get out with small middle. I am thinking Cubs are the team way off radar that might over perform their win projection and gobble some of the Brewers /Reds wins

So weird that win total for Brewers and Reds is the same but odds to win division so different. Maybe I should hit Reds again?

Cardinals +135 (I got +200)
Brewers+245
Reds +325
Cubs +430
Pirates +7900

Ryan Tepera, Chicago Cubs
How can he break out; he’s already had an MVP vote! Tepera still has occasional lapses in control, but I’ll always put my money on a reliever who can miss bats, something that’s not easy to teach. Tepera’s cutter became one of baseball’s best secret weapons, and hitters swung through it 62% of the time, a huge jump from the 35–45% rates he had previously in Chicago and Toronto. As a result, he had the third-best contact rate for all pitchers with 20 innings in 2020, behind only Devin Williams and Edwin Diaz, neither of whom were cheaply available in free agency this offseason. Compared to a pitcher like Kenley Jansen, who uses his cutter high in the zone at the edge and dares hitters to hit it, Tepera almost uses his cutter like a slider, a chase pitch that results in hitters making some regrettable swing decisions.

heard a brilliant comment on SNY during the asstros/mutts game which i'm pretty sure was made by keith hernandez. nova makes an error at 2b on a ground ball that goes into shallow right field. he says "outfielders are used to fielding grounders on the grass, but infielders aren't. balls like that can lead to errors." what is the green stuff called that is all across the infield in front of the dirt baselines? i guess ground balls are never handled on that stuff.

Back