MLB Discussion for the Week of 6/27/2016

St Louis tonight will be my largest play of the year. Would like to hear TeeDub chime in if he is around. Cards lineup has smacked Garza in the past and they hit righties while the Brew cant hit lefties. Slight pen edge to the Lou and they will be playing to a packed Friday night crowd

St Louis tonight will be my largest play of the year. Would like to hear TeeDub chime in if he is around. Cards lineup has smacked Garza in the past and they hit righties while the Brew cant hit lefties. Slight pen edge to the Lou and they will be playing to a packed Friday night crowd
My thoughts exactly on this game, GL Doggy.

Nice work, doggy.

Rich Hill back after just one rehab start where he threw 66 pitches over three innings striking out six and allowing one earned on four hits. Wouldn't expect him to last more than four to five given how he tends to have higher pitch counts being a swing and miss guy... i'd imagine they'll stretch him out to 80-90 pitches at the most if he's having a low stress outing.

Thanks Grind. Curious what you are taking from the info on hill. The kid from Pittsburgh is playing his first MLB road game but oaktown isnt a bad draw for your first roadie. Both pens are middle of the road. Maybe a small over play?

I imagine the Mets lineup is just what Arrieta needs... and getting out of warm hitters parks. But -200 is a big pill to swallow.

Braves signed RHP Lucas Harrell to a minor league contract.
The Tigers released him on Monday. Harrell has posted a respectable 3.34 ERA in six minor league starts this year. The 30-year-old played in Korea last season following a four-year stint with the Astros. The Braves have already assigned Harrell to Triple-A Gwinnett. May 21 - 11:21 PM

Houston 9-13 vs. LH's this season, hitting .228 scoring 4.01 r/9. Astro's at home vs. LH, .226 4.31 r/9.

Jimmy Nelson has an era of 9.51 and whip of 1.775 in 5 career starts vs the cardinals. Worse in the day as well

Thanks Grind. Curious what you are taking from the info on hill. The kid from Pittsburgh is playing his first MLB road game but oaktown isnt a bad draw for your first roadie. Both pens are middle of the road. Maybe a small over play?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, doggy. I should've pulled the trigger on over 8 -110 last night but Drake behind the dish kinda scared me off. Before he got the call, Kuhl had been regressing quite a bit over his last several AAA starts after an impressive first month+

I like the idea Grind. Tough card today so I'll probably ride along with you on an over in Oak. Kuhls adrenaline from his first start bound to wear off. He was also pretty fortunate on the passed ball getting Turner at the plate on a very kind ricochet Sunday night. LA hit some balls hard against him that were right at the defense or that would have been a much different outcome. Good luck and Happy 4th.

Something to make a mental note of on Duffey that I learned from the broadcast today -- he's back to throwing across his body like he did last year, landing a couple more inches closed off (made the adjustment in NY). He was apparently flying open early with his front shoulder flattening out his breaking ball, cause it looks a lot better today. Puts more pressure on the elbow obviously, but it's better than getting demoted.

Brandon McCarthy (elbow) will make his long-awaited return to the Dodgers starting rotation on Sunday against the Rockies.
The right-hander will be returning 14 months after undergoing Tommy John surgery. The move will push Julio Urias back a day until Monday, with Kenta Maeda toeing the slab on Tuesday. What it could do, is force Brock Stewart out of the rotation. McCarthy compiled a 5.27 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 11/3 K/BB ratio over 13 2/3 innings in four minor league rehab starts. Jul 2 - 1:55 PM
Source: Los Angeles Times

tough spot for the Pirates today - already won the series and start a new series in St Louis tomorrow - Liriano struggling pretty bad right now too. then again, they are the better team and they need wins

Average bet on Yanks. This game really annoys me. Baseball-reference is screwing up here. I should be RLing the Yanks. But while I trust Covers info more than Baseball-Reference I just have to play it soft

Back