MLB Discussion for the Week of 6/27/2016

Rangers are a substantial public dog but I don't think the yanks could be dogs at home to a call up pitcher making his first start of the season. I'll pass because I still hate the way the yanks perform against pitchers they've never seen before.

Yup. Ross had ZERO .. hung every third pitch minimum. Syndergaard is just too easy to run on. Team record stolen bases for Washington tonight.

Are we idiots for not just betting the over in every game and collecting each night? How many unders cashed today?

totals went 7-2-1 on monday not counting tejas/nyy which would have/ will go over if they decide to resume play

Rangers keep getting the cash...had em as 3rd leg of par :rofl:

...and straight

IEraUvk.png

Last edited:
Why not bet Indians?

Winners of 10 in a row. Superior pitcher, much better lineup. Better defense.

Rangers thoughts...

CC has had a solid start to the season but comes off a start in which he struggled....at the Yadium vs Col allowing 5 earned in 4.1 innings

CC has two less starts at home this season than on the road but 3.58 era .268 avg vs at home and 2.14 era and .209 avg vs on the road

NYY is 0-2 in CC's last two starts vs Tex (1 this yr 1 last yr) getting outscored 18-6
'16 6 IP 3 ER
'15 2.1 IP 6 ER
Current Rangers are 38/119 .319 avg vs CC

CC struggled in past on 4 days rest but not yet this season
CC on 4 days rest -
'16 4 starts 1.88 era
'15 14 starts 5.29 era
'14 4 starts 7.06 era

Compared to CC on 5 days rest
'15 9 starts 4.04 era
'14 2 starts 1.46 era

Cole has also been solid 8-1 2.79 era .226 avg in 15 starts this season and has been even better on the road
Cole Hamels this season -
Home: 8 starts 47.1 IP 3-1 3.99 era .268 avg 1.46 whip
Road: 7 starts 49.1 IP 5-0 1.64 era .182 avg 0.99 whip

Cole is good on 5 days rest
'16 3 starts 2.66 era
'15 10 starts 2.31 era

Cole earned runs in road starts this season by game: 0,1,3,1,3,0,1

Tex kills LHP
.297 avg #1 MLB
#4 slg
#4 OPS

NYY vs LHP
#27 SLG
#26 OPS

Tex 14-3 last 17 road games
Tex 22-5 in Cole's starts since he joined team last season (4 of 5 L's were on road including 1 that was his first start for Tex '15)
Tex 17-3 L20 Cole starts after he had a QS in his previous start

In their last 33 games against AL opponents, Texas is

3-4 SU vs. Oakland (losses by 2, 3, 7 & 9 runs)

21-5 SU vs. the rest (losses by 1, 1, 2, 2 & 2 runs)

----

Texas is 14-3 SU L17 on the road (5-3 SU in games conceding >3 runs).

i dont think the rangers are a trap at all

cc at home... how much of a dog do you want/were you expecting the yanks to be?

Just weird that all signs point to Tex and line is back to open price even with 90 percent on fav like Spek said

And I never want a 70 percent side let along a 90,but I'm locked in for my biggest risk amount 1H of season

Rangers have performed very well as a public team, especially as a public dog. Although they're a favorite, I think the short line is close enough. Also, Rangers a much better team after the 5th inning. Could be a live betting opportunity if yanks take early lead. Cole has been known to give up an early run or two.

Was trying to talk myself into over there, but let it go...in part due to Archer capability of throwing a gem at home even though he has struggled this year.
Totally agree, it seemed to be an impossible game side or total...never know what you're going to get with Archer from start to start and it's a shame because there's a ton of ability there.

Yeah it does. Needs to be a sticky on the forum or be allowed to refresh to the top of the baseball forum.

Just do in games in discussion thread like nba forum, especially since there is no longer an all sports in game.

Cody Reed was hit hard for five earned runs on nine hits in five innings on Friday against the Padres to absorb the first loss of his career.
Reed was making his second start since being called up from the minors. The home run hit by Wil Myers was the third one Reed has allowed in his 12 innings. Reed's BABIP is sitting at .400, indicating he has been unlucky in a very small sample. On the plus side, Reed has fanned 15 batters already. The Reds' top prospect has a bright future once he adjusts to the majors, but he has a tough matchup versus the Cubs on tap for Wednesday. Fantasy owners can sit that one out.Jun 24 - 11:51 PM

Joel de la Cruz will make his major league debut against the Indians on Wednesday.
He'll start in place of the injured Aaron Blair. The 27-year-old hurler owns a troublesome 4.68 ERA, 1.49 WHIP and 44/24 K/BB ratio over 57 2/3 innings at Triple-A. He isn't worth using in any fantasy formats, and should be stacked heavily against in daily leagues. Jun 28 - 10:08 PM

Back