MLB Discussion Aug 29 ~ Can the Mets beat the Cubs?

I see a 1.93 ERA after 14 innings with one
3.39 ERA large sample with the other. What is the point of this kind of statement?

The point is 1.93 means 3 runs in 14 innings. 5 runs in 14 innings would be the same as with stassi —-the sample size is literally useless you can’t conclude a damn thing based on it. 2 or 3 extra grounders getting past infielders could be the difference between a 1.93 and a 3.4 with Maldonado in a 14 inning sample.

Melvin fucked this one up. Cahill should’ve been done soon as he walked his 5th guy of the day in the 4th inning to load the bases, right before facing the top of the lineup a 3rd time. Close to no chance he was going to get out of that.

I'm not understanding why Rodriguez is listed as a home dog. Only thing I can see is no Posey, and D Rod has better numbers with Posey but who doesnt? I think there's some value here, this kid can really deal. This will be the 2nd time the Dbacks see him, last time he shut them out through 6 in Zona. Maybe there's some worry there?

Last edited:
Well most of my life I have heard silly complain about my sample size. I am assking you to stop doing it. If not the ignore function waits
Starting to look at Reds. It might be simple to go to covers and look at the matchup
Look at Harvey and the umpire

If you want to ignore me because I challenge your opinion in a gambling forum have at it man, I don’t see how you find that to be some sort of a threat I’d care about.

Are we not all men here? I'm in my mid 30s and can't believe someone would get emotional on either side of the argument. Come on now. Let's stick to capping and screaming at the TV.

I’m personally totally fine! Don’t really see the point of posting opinions if you’re unwilling to have them challenged in any way. My argument was a pretty simple one, wasn’t exactly looking for a silly fight.

Killersports loves the Yankees after a come back win

Do they have a legit trend on the Yankees?

It’s kind of weird. I said if the white Sox won I’d probably bet them again but now that they lost, I don’t think there’s any way I can back them today.

That moment when you have two three team parlays and might have two system games against the parlay :angrybaseball::arguing2:

Losing an under becaus of Jose Reyes might do it for me for Wrigley totals this year. They take years of my life every time. (I say this knowing the Cubs are about to go on the longest road trip of the season)

I feel your pain man. Brutal.

Since the All-Star break, David Price has a 1.09 ERA in 6 starts.

The opponent went over 3.5 in just one of those games

In 18 of the Marlins' 24 games this month they've scored 3 runs or fewer

Under 3.5 runs for Miami is -120

Since the All-Star break, Gio Gonzalez has a 6.68 ERA in innings 1-5

During that same span, the Nationals rank 27th in OPS on the road in innings 1-5

Arrieta has a 2.51 F5 ERA at home and has allowed 2 or fewer ERs in 8 of his 12 home starts

Sabathia is 19-6 when starting against the White Sox with a 3.73 ERA and a WHIP of 1.239 ... His team's record is 24-12 in these starts.

Mike Minor 2.41 ERA and 0.696 WHIP in his last 3 starts.

26-10 against the money line in his last 36 starts after allowing 1 or fewer runs in previous start.

23-13 in his last 36 as a dog of +150 or less.

Alex Wood 3-7 in his last 10 as a favorite of -150 or more (currently odds just dipped down to -147)

9-17 in his last 26 when his team is riding a winning streak of 3 or more

LA is also 0-4 in his last 4 interleague starts.

The Yankees have gone Under in 12 of Sabathia’s last 19 home starts.

New York has gone Under 9.5 runs in Sabathia’s last 6 home starts.

Yankees and White Sox have gone Under 9.5 runs in 9 of their last 14 meetings overall

The total has gone Under in 5 of the White Sox’ last 6 games against the Yankees (avg. combined score: 8.0)

Chicago is averaging just 3.69 runs per game for Reynaldo Lopez

This season, Chicago ranks dead last in the majors with just 119 runs scored off left-handed pitching

That’s what I’m saying. If they don’t get healthy soon, the Indians are gonna give that second seed a legit run. That bottom of the yanks order is the worst in baseball right now. And they can be more agro with Stanton who’s not a great contact hitter to begin with.

That Red Sox 7th inning was unbelievable. Along with the two wild pitches in a row by the Jays guy :assshake:

I think Tuck is correct at using catchers. Tonight, Rodriguez is consistant across all splits and rest. He has had a quarter of his starts with Hundley and era almost 2 runs higher. Posey's loss is felt by all the pitchers.

Not going anyway. Weird day Had a lot on Boston since I knew Price would pitch well. Well thats fine. Texas looks bad. Lost first half under in Reds game but won Reds first half. Very soon will start rooting for Cards after the under is in. Had a bet with Boston rl with Houston so mostly good and a very small bet on Baltimore. Tiny bet on Padres first half. I told people betting Price to score first it was a good bet. Well it figured to be. Always look to bet Boston on big days

I really would haved loved to see Dallas with the right catcher. The 2 game with Mald were probably better than any he had with this catcher. Just a terrible mistake by Houston

Back