ML Dogs Week 7 Edition

Thanks man, again, appreciate all the help.

Did 2’s/4’s with my 6 dog plays posted earlier in the thread.

Need North Texas and/or SJSU tonight to get off to a good start.

I probably haven’t talked dogs this much in 20 years as I am and have always been a 95% favs player, but this kind of stuff is fun for me every now and then, but I am far from the experts at it that a lot of you guys are.

Risking $50 to win $3685

Thanks man, again, appreciate all the help.

Did 2’s/4’s with my 6 dog plays posted earlier in the thread.

Need North Texas and/or SJSU tonight to get off to a good start.

I probably haven’t talked dogs this much in 20 years as I am and have always been a 95% favs player, but this kind of stuff is fun for me every now and then, but I am far from the experts at it that a lot of you guys are.

Risking $50 to win $3685
Friday Night Conference Home Dogs!! Let’s get it!!

Just gonna post my thoughts on my Cats chances vs. those dastardly Dawgs...I'm not going to go into detail about it too much as there is plenty of opine about the game already available. It's pretty obvious my Cats need to win the TO battle by at least a couple and then Jawja play their "B" or "C" game.....but how likely is it Jawja does either??

:popcorn:

Waiting for you to play UK 1st H ML

Last week aTm won shocking the world.....I heard many people say this past week nobody saw it coming. So let me pose this question....what upset this week would you consider the same type of upset...one in which no one saw it coming?

Last week aTm won shocking the world.....I heard many people say this past week nobody saw it coming. So let me pose this question....what upset this week would you consider the same type of upset...one in which no one saw it coming?
Weird week, most teams playing the top 15 are public dogs. Oof.

Not seeing it this week

Weird week, most teams playing the top 15 are public dogs. Oof.

Not seeing it this week
I'm not seeing it either....not a big game because their in CUSA but I keep wondering about SMiss' chances vs. UAB.

I'm sure Kirby addressed it with his team.

TCU

The best ones are always the ones nobody sees coming. We have a whole thread about it and nobody had aTm in here last week. Maybe in the ML contest dart board, but here where we try to hash them out nobody had it.

I think San Jose could be one of those tonight.

Some of my possibilities:

North Texas - I feel like I just have to consider them with how bad Marshall has been. Marshall has lost as DD fav home vs ECU, at MTSU and nearly lost home this past week vs ODU. Marshall needed basically a miracle TD to get to OT as 3 TD fav. Their loss to MTSU was filled with turnovers, but then look what MTSU did, they followed up their win vs Herd with a 28 point loss to Liberty. Remember Grant Wells had those horrific final 3 games last year vs Rice/UAB/Buffalo and it seems some of that is happening again. Not that I really like NTex, just that Marshall's continual failures as a favorite just forces me to see what NTex might be able to do.

San Jose St - This is kind of a stubborn look. I watch San Diego State vs New Mexico, I watch them vs Towson (yes I actually did I had plays), vs Utah, etc...well not vs Arizona, but I watch them in these games and I see weakness. The run game is good, it's not great. The D is solid, it's not great. The problem is they keep facing teams unsuited to exploit any of those opportunities. And so it is here again with a slumping San Jose State team. Nick Nash did not play well last week. Nick Nash did beat this Aztec team in relief last year, think he played 3.5 quarters as Starkel went out early. I expect San Jose D to matchup vs San Diego O here. The key is going to be, what kind of O will Spartans be able to generate. And that is a tough calculation, it isn't overly optimistic given San Jose's recent games, or any games this season. But I'm looking.

Cal - I do think Oregon is likely to lose another game this season. Whether or not it is Friday, I do not know. I tend to want to give the Cal O a mulligan for the Wazzou performance. No doubt, it was bad. They have had to stew on that loss, on their season during the bye week. Just as Oregon has had to do off their Stanford loss. I think both teams have a lot to prove and there are questions and weakness with both teams. Cal beat them last year and Cal was a mess last year. Cal is a head scratcher this year. I can't believe they are 1-4, but they are. Oregon is 4-1, but has played exactly one good game this year. Nice for them it was against Ohio St. Outside of that, Oregon feels much more like last year's Duck team than anything we might've believed they were after the win in Columbus.

Bowling Green - Two teams that were or are ascending. Was the improvement in BG real before the Akron loss? I mean it when I say it, Akron was on the verge of being blown out in the 1st Q vs BG last week. That game nearly went sideways real fast, best case BG could've been up 28-0, as it was, they led 13-0 and kept Akron in the game. I tend to think BG is better than that because they have shown life weeks 1-5 prior. Now, NIU's improvement is perhaps more believable...them beating EM and Toledo is not a fluke. BG beating Min is obviously a fluke. But BG's 7 point loss at Kent where they led in the 3rd Q also tells me they can compete. NIU might be rounding the corner and BG isn't to the corner yet, but they can see it down there somewhere. BG might compete here. Going from a 2 TD fav to a nearly 10pt dog tells me that odds makers aren't sure yet where to peg them.

Ohio - Ohio appears to be getting off the mat. They pulled away from Akron 2 weeks ago for their first win and played well vs Central Michigan last week. Teams don't really stay the same, they either get better or get worse and while it has taken a while, I think Ohio might be to the point of getting better. Buffalo did come back from 21 down to actually lead at Kent last week, but have still opened 0-2 in MAC play and nearly lost to ODU. Buffalo has at times competed better than expected, but they are also failed to meet expectations vs FBS with only 1 cover. This is a game where I think Ohio can continue to ascend and Buffalo could continue to slump.

Vanderbilt - Oh man, I don't know, but I think I like it, a little? South Carolina barely beat ECU, did not play well vs Troy despite the cover. We all know Vandy is bad, but they weren't all bad in the 1st H vs UF last week, except for the scoring part, which I'm told is kind of important. Just hard for me to watch SC play and think they are 18.5 pts better than anyone in the SEC, then I remember Vandy is in the SEC. I suppose I probably don't play this ,but for some reason I want to.

South Florida - Now we are getting towards the bottom of the barrel aren't we? Not sure if it is real or not, but USF showed some life the last two games (only trailed SMU by 10 in 4th Q and outscored BYU 21-7 2nd H) and maybe they find themselves off the bye week? Tulsa was not as impressive as their Memphis win implies and while they do get respect and credit for playing Ok St and Ohio St pretty tough, they also lost to UC Davis and got blown out by Houston. I honestly don't know much about USF other than looking at box scores and reading preview magazines, just a hunch - not normally the kind of team one would want to back.

Akron - I swear, I am just going down the rotation, but these last several teams are like the worst teams in football! So Akron lost 38-7 last year vs Miami, pretty sure I ML'd them in that game (oops). Miami is obviously better and actually think Miami is one of the better teams in the league. I did see a lot that I liked out of Akron last week vs BG once Gibson came into the game 2nd H. Gibson was the QB last year and Miami dominated him. Truth told here, Miami likely wins this game I am just assuming that Akron can be more competitive than the oddsmakers think they can. They are the smart ones though.

UCF - So the further I go down the less believable these are becoming! If only UCF had a QB to believe in. Guess it starts and stops there. UCF should have the roster to compete with Cincy which is exactly what they normally do. However, like ships turning at sea, this series is slowly turning. I remember an up-and-coming Cincy team getting waxed by a well oiled UCF team a few years ago. It is more likely that happens here than UCF winning. But still, I can't forget UC's lackluster 1st H vs Temple, or scoring only 7 points vs ND in the 2nd H, or the 1st H vs Murray St 7-7 or how UC nearly lost as heavy fav vs Tulsa last year AAC Title game. The ML odds for this game are crazy high and it's for a reason, so not advisable.

Air Force - AF's stumble vs Utah State was appreciated, they were up by DD in the 4th Q in that one. AF looks to be typical AF team, their domination vs an athletic FAU team was pretty impressive considering FAU hung 58 and 704y up the week after AF held them to 7 and 219y. BYU gifted Boise the game last week pretty much. Boise just doesn't feel the same, which is necessary because Boise has won and usually covered the last 4. AF upset them in 2016. The spread in this series has never been below 7.

TCU - Would like this a bunch of Rattler was QB since we all think that Caleb Williams can make OU O good again. He is still a true freshman, but played well last week. Duggan and Evans will be needed here, not sure of status. But OU has been living on borrowed time. Maybe the window for them to stubble and lose is closed now. Should be a good spot for TCU emotionally catching them off red river. Last year they had a bye after Texas, so I'm not sure what all the angles might be of let down or cover post Texas without knowing if there were byes after some years or not.

Central Michigan - If there is one team in the MAC that continues to be puzzling, it is Toledo. Take out the UMass game, and the last 3 games vs teams on their level (CSU, BallSt, NIU), UT is only averaging 16ppg! I do believe the Rocket D to be a pretty solid unit. Central Mich isn't great but they should be on even terms with Toledo, they possess some piece offensively where I doubt they get shut down (avg 460 ypg). I'm not sure why Toledo is a road fav here unless it is just total bait, in which case I will be guilty.

Purdue - All right now. Yes, I have bet against Iowa this year and lost. I know this. And I am not scared or embarrassed about it. Purdue has beat Iowa 3 of the last 4 and the loss was just by 6 points. Iowa O came out with something to prove vs Maryland it appeared, then Ohio St washed the floor with Maryland so that says Maryland simply isn't very good. You watch Iowa and you just see ways in which they are vulnerable, but it hasn't mattered yet. Hell, even Colorado St pushed them. Kent wasn't all bad vs them. It comes down to mistakes and turnovers and I can't know how Purdue is going to fair in that regard. I do think Purdue possesses a type of O that can challenge Iowa. And what then, if Purdue breaks through the black and gold wall and scores some points, will Iowa be able to put together drives of their own without the help of turnovers and beneficial field position? It's only one player, but Riley Moss being out certainly helps Purdue's chances. Boilers off a bye, Iowa off a field storming win vs top 5 sets up pretty nicely in theory. Come on Brohm!

Kent State - Kent got the O on track last week and I don't expect that to be just a one-off fluke at this point. They lost something in their receiving corp from last year that it took some time to reestablish and I am hopeful that their production on O can be sustained now. Western is good, but not really that good are they? I mean they are MAC good, Kent isn't too far off. The WM OL isn't very good and the WM O isn't very good when QB is under pressure. Buffalo sacked them 3x, Ball St sacked them 4x. And Kent has 7 sacks in 2 MAC games this season. Kent D shouldn't be overmatched here unless WM unleashes some kind of power run game, which they have not done to date vs anybody not named Illinois State.

Kentucky - blasphemy. So how does UK do it? Maybe UK wins one in ten games between them and Georgia. Well, if you are playing ML odds on a 23 pt dog and bet them to win 10 times and they only succeeded once, you would actually make money! But there is maybe a less than 1 in 10 shot. UK on D should matchup. These games between these two have been close. Georgia has only scored a combined 35pts on UK the last two meetings. Problem? Well yeah, it is that UK has only scored a combined 3 pts in those games. Could be the case again, however, this UK O appears better suited to score more although they have at times been disappointing on that side of the ball before the LSU game. Figuring on a low scoring game where UK has a few good drives in the game and if they get a couple plays, could even be a 4th Q game!

Texas State - full disclosure, I ML Texas State a lot and did win one last year, but am 0-2 this year. It's actually more against Troy than pro Texas State. What has Troy done this season to like, at all? Troy is only averaging 19 ppg vs other G5 FBS teams this year on O. What exactly should I be scared off here in playing against them? Texas St atleast has offensive potential. Now they have big turnover potential too. Bye 2 weeks ago, home win last week and home again second straight week vs a team that only beat Georgia Southern by 3 and lost to ULM by 7 and was trailing at HT vs a bad Southern Miss team? Historically this is a bad matchup for Texas State, but historically the 2021 Troy Trojans are not very good compared to their prior editions.

Kansas State - I remembered last night that Iowa State is actually still playing football. I had forgotten all about them. Both teams off a bye and last year ISU blanked them 45-0! Bet K St remembers that one pretty clearly. Prior to that ,these games were tight. K St has their QB back (which they didn't have vs ISU last year). Home night game, should be a good one this year as I'm not writing ISU off, just that their Big Xll games are often close...7 of their 12 Big Xll games this and last year were 1 score games, take out Kansas, because why not, and 7 of 10 Big Xll games over the past two seasons have been one score games. If it is tight late in Manhattan this game could go either way. K St beat them last time here in 2019 and before that in 2017 was a 1 point loss, think that was some failed 2pt play with :00 left where Cats lost.

UNLV - My favorite team from Logan Utah has hit the skids. After starting 3-0 ATS and winning 2 MLs, they have now failed to cover the last 2. Sorry, was fun while it lasted. UNLV, actually has played some decent football the past 2 games. Most of us saw the game they had vs Fresno and our friend VK actually took a shot at them in the ML contest at UTSA, crazy right, they only lost by 7. Utah State has more medals, but UNLV is definitely still trying. It will be hard for them as Utah St's O can stress a D like UNLV's. Then again, if Utah St's O plays like they did the last 2 and makes similar mistakes then this game could be up for grabs.

UTEP - My other favorite team this year (played RSW Ov). UTEP has come a long way. Not so far that they can play with the Boise's of the world though. So question is, what kind of team is LaTech? A very confusing team who has played up vs their tough games (could've/should've beat MissSt, SMU and NC State) ,but then they only beat North Texas by 7 and SE La by 3. UTEP is an old school, kind of plodding offense who can make plays on the outside, but they aren't going to hit many big plays vs the better Ds they play, so they will have to sustain drives. LaTech doesn't really get many sacks or TFLs so hopefully Miners can stay on schedule. The UTEP D is really where the concern comes in, the stats look good, but that is because of opposition faced. Then you see Boise had nearly 7.5ypp against them. LaTech O can be pretty good at times. UTEP believes and is tasting success and they are capable, it's not like they have a New Mexico kind of O or an Akron kind of D. They will believe they can play with LaTech, last year it was just 21-17 and three years ago it was 31-24. 2019 LaTech crushed them so that possibility exists.

So that is what I'm looking at. Now, how to narrow it down to the ones I actually want to risk real money on?
Sharp AF. Love where your heads at with Purdue.

Don't see one team in the top 15 that aren't going against public dogs tomorrow

Other than Kentucky, they're a pub dog

Don't like the mainstream upsets at all tomorrow anyway, that kinda helps

Don't see one team in the top 15 that aren't going against public dogs tomorrow

Other than Kentucky, they're a pub dog

Don't like the mainstream upsets at all tomorrow anyway, that kinda helps
Where do you pull your numbers from? I only see like 5 public dogs (>55%)….air force, ucla, ok state, kent st, and kentucky

Where do you pull your numbers from? I only see like 5 public dogs (>55%)….air force, ucla, ok state, kent st, and kentucky
I go from SBR but used SI in the past and felt like they weren't correct

Mind you mine aren't ML, they're spreads

Been solid when I use them especially on public unders which sail over lol

I go from SBR but used SI in the past and felt like they weren't correct

Mind you mine aren't ML, they're spreads

Been solid when I use them especially on public unders which sail over lol
I use thespread….they are spreads as well, not ML’s either. Not sure how accurate they are tho. Forgot about BC showing as public dog. Based on percentages and RLM, NC St looks like a strong play but i’m not that type of player myself. Strong move from -1.5 to -3 -115 with 34% of bets…

I use thespread….they are spreads as well, not ML’s either. Not sure how accurate they are tho. Forgot about BC showing as public dog. Based on percentages and RLM, NC St looks like a strong play but i’m not that type of player myself. Strong move from -1.5 to -3 -115 with 34% of bets…
They use Sports Insights

Some guys love them here, I do not

Rest assured man it's by far a long way from what I use for wagers

Those number talk me off of things more than onto

If they say Indiana is a public dog for instance, I'll laugh

Seriously don't know anyone on them tomorrow and I bet them well before these %s came out but I find it hilarious at times

Rest assured man it's by far a long way from what I use for wagers

Those number talk me off of things more than onto

If they say Indiana is a public dog for instance, I'll laugh

Seriously don't know anyone on them tomorrow and I bet them well before these %s came out but I find it hilarious at times

SVP on them. Told ya he would be!

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
If they stop ISU at any point it will be because of ISU

I didn’t realize isu offense was all that great! I mean I know they scored a lot on unlv and ku. Not sure those really count tho? I don’t see another 45-0, I bet the fucking over 48 in that game! K-st drove to 1 yard line on 1st possession! Felt like that was one the worst total beats I took last year!

Lol. Had a feeling you say this. For real tho it gonna be tight.
I've bet against them twice and have no worries against doing it again

This is a mismatch, everyone think 45-0 last year is motive for KSU, this is finally where 62-0 is the benchmark

Have fun with em though, bad spot for KSU, this is ISU's bowl argument. We're getting there. Think it will be badd

I've bet against them twice and have no worries against doing it again

This is a mismatch, everyone think 45-0 last year is motive for KSU, this is finally where 62-0 is the benchmark

Have fun with em though, bad spot for KSU, this is ISU's bowl argument. We're getting there. Think it will be badd

Dunno how off a bye at home at night a bad spot?

Bad spot because ISU is desperate for a national win...not schedule

I trust you with isu so I’ll temper my thoughts. I’ll at least let it marinade all day before I pull trigger! Lol.

I certainly not in the group thinking revenge from last year, honestly I forgot all bout last year till I just looked and remembered I lost on that fucking over! Lol. Maybe I’ll try the over again!!!

I trust you with isu so I’ll temper my thoughts. I’ll at least let it marinade all day before I pull trigger! Lol.

I certainly not in the group thinking revenge from last year, honestly I forgot all bout last year till I just looked and remembered I lost on that fucking over! Lol
Yeah think this is the statement game

Several reasons to bet against ISU a couple times left but I don't see it here

Yeah think this is the statement game

Several reasons to bet against ISU a couple times left but I don't see it here

I trust your thoughts on this one more so than Hoosiers. Think you might be a sparty hater. Not that I’m betting sparty, I would have without thinking twice at -3 cause I think they win, could definitely see it being close tho so no interest laying 5 or whatever it is.

I trust your thoughts on this one more so than Hoosiers. Think you might be a sparty hater. Not that I’m betting sparty, I would have without thinking twice at -3 cause I think they win, could definitely see it being close tho so no interest laying 5 or whatever it is.
I've warmed to Sparty, why aren't they 7.5-9.5 which is where I'd put them?

I've warmed to Sparty, why aren't they 7.5-9.5 which is where I'd put them?

Cause that be like 2 tds at home. That insane high don’t ya think? I get what you saying, they def take a lot more money on Indy at those numbers, I’d play them getting a td!! I’d play sparty laying 3 tho. To me it a good number but it certainly not being treated that way which I’m sure has a lot to do with this play for you.

isnt this basically the same number they laid at Rutgers? I’d agree with you I still think Hoosiers prob a tad better than them. Of course sparty crushed that number, curtesy od bunch of big plays. They def won’t be getting those in this game. I don’t hate Hoosiers here, just don’t love them either!! I really think it a good number.

Cause that be like 2 tds at home. That insane high don’t ya think? I get what you saying, they def take a lot more money on Indy at those numbers, I’d play them getting a td!! I’d play sparty laying 3 tho. To me it a good number but it certainly not being treated that way which I’m sure has a lot to do with this play for you.
If you're Indiana at home against a team that is kinda good, exceeded expectations and you've fallen to expectation

This isn't the perfect game to do the thing?

That's the psych capper in me 101, I think Indiana win and have bet it

Remember stat guy and intrinsic value guy makes my point more often than not

We predict tomorrow regardless of the past, all stats do is tell me what you were last week and beyond

I don't care about any of that

If you're Indiana at home against a team that is kinda good, exceeded expectations and you've fallen to expectation

This isn't the perfect game to do the thing?

That's the psych capper in me 101, I think Indiana win and have bet it

I think what you saying valid. I think their defense makes them competitive. Just dunno what ya get from the o? Wouldn’t shock me if Hoosiers won, I think they lose close but that certainly don’t make it a bad play.

If I’m laying 5 on the road it not gonna be with everyone darlings! Im laying it with my favorite qb Pickett and pitt against a Vtech team I think kinda sucks!! Nobody talking bout that game, pitt under radar thanks to shitting bed vs western Michigan in typical pitt fashion. Think this another good matchup for them tho, Hokies can’t exploit pitt biggest weakness and unlike unc Pitt can protect their qb! Of course dog thread not the place for this! Lol

The way I play

They could easily lay damn near 10

So ask yourself, why are MSU only favored by 4? Seriously doubt there would be much difference in handle between 4 and 9.5 lol....no one is betting on Indiana but quite frankly, they're kinda good. Shoulda been in the Iowa game.

For me, MSU o/IU d is going to give MSU an edge

MSU d/IU o I think Indian gets chunks

I still think MSU defense is one of the worst 30 defenses in the country

The way I play

They could easily lay damn near 10

So ask yourself, why are MSU only favored by 4? Seriously doubt there would be much difference in handle between 4 and 9.5 lol....no one is betting on Indiana but quite frankly, they're kinda good. Shoulda been in the Iowa game.

For me, MSU o/IU d is going to give MSU an edge

MSU d/IU o I think Indian gets chunks

I still think MSU defense is one of the worst 30 defenses in the country

This where we differ some cause I absolutely would play Hoosiers getting a td. As would I think pretty much all the numbers guys who bet coin (that not me, lol). Sure most the average joes would prob lay the td but doubt it would balance out with the bigger money taking the points at that number.

This where we differ some cause I absolutely would play Hoosiers getting a td. As would I think pretty much all the numbers guys who bet coin (that not me, lol). Sure most the average joes would prob lay the td but doubt it would balance out with the bigger money taking the points at that number.
Tell me one person you know taking Indiana other than me

Tell me one person you know taking Indiana other than me

They not getting a td or more! Told you i Havnt been around forum world or talking plays w my friends this week so I wouldn’t know either way cause I don’t know anyone on sparty either (cept the one thread I we were in!). I can tell ya in the sbr contest it 29-13 sparty, so high number on sparty but 69% isn’t a overwhelming percentage in that contest. Rutgers, Bama, aggies all have higher percentage but 29 is one the higher numbers on college game so far.

I'm a quadrant capper as well as situatioanal

When I do quads, I do O v D and vice versa

Grats if you cap special teams

I ike MSU/IU as offense/defense a draw...maybe slight MSU
IU/MSU offense/defense mismatch

Hope that makes sense. If you're capping drive by drive you have issues

They not getting a td or more! Told you i Havnt been around forum world or talking plays w my friends this week so I wouldn’t know either way cause I don’t know anyone on sparty either (cept the one thread I we were in!). I can tell ya in the sbr contest it 29-13 sparty, so high number on sparty but 69% isn’t a overwhelming percentage in that contest. Rutgers, Bama, aggies all have higher percentage but 29 is one the higher numbers on college game so far.

It up to 33-13 now. So maybe them 13 be all on Hoosiers, plus you and SVP! Lol.

Urgh they've been giving 3-4 all week, no one is on Indiana

I haven't even looked at %, NO ONE is on Indiana that you know

I'm a quadrant capper as well as situatioanal

When I do quads, I do O v D and vice versa

Grats if you cap special teams

I ike MSU/IU as offense/defense a draw...maybe slight MSU
IU/MSU offense/defense mismatch

Hope that makes sense. If you're capping drive by drive you have issues

I think that fair bout Hoosiers o vs sparty d. Hoosiers offense was able to do pretty well vs a crappy wku d, they did stall a lot tho. I gots no clue bout Indy qb this week? Assuming he won’t be worse than penix, you could be right they have more life without him.

Back