ML Dogs Week 16

How do y'all think the Illini play without Lovie Smith?

:popcorn:

not a clue. I kinda felt like they did him bad firing him this year, lots of teams struggled under the circumstances. Thought he was doing well the prior season, my guess is the kids really like him so beats me. I doubt it a situation where it fires them up.

I’m only putting this here as random thoughts.
it’s crazy how we deem ML bets. We find the Rice, Tulane or Akron. We search and search.

somehow we miss gold like LSU last week. Top 5 talent in a rivalry game( very very heated rivalry)
And FLA in the biggest look ahead possible.....

I blame myself. We/I gotta do better

I took LSU moneyline against bama , lol , and then they got crushed and I thought never again and of course didn't bet the florida game. Was seeing some positive movement from the LSU defense prior to that bama game, I think the qb change last week made a difference too- and then with florida trending down it is something we definitely should of saw.

I took LSU moneyline against bama , lol , and then they got crushed and I thought never again and of course didn't bet the florida game. Was seeing some positive movement from the LSU defense prior to that bama game, I think the qb change last week made a difference too- and then with florida trending down it is something we definitely should of saw.
Max looked way better than I thought he would that’s for sure

I Havnt followed much the sec closely enough so once again I blame you guys, especially Twinkie!!

Max looked way better than I thought he would that’s for sure

how much is that a product of Gators defense? Why are they so bad on that side of the ball? We know there no shortage of pass rushing and secondary talent down in those parts!! Just bad coaching and recruiting?? I remember a time not all that long ago when Gators offense was trash and the defense carried them. At that time would have thought if they found themselves a hiesman type qb like trask they would be national champs!

How much of a stretch would it be for Tennessee to pull it off?

14 isn’t all that big a number so assuming not a huge stretch? I been waiting for aggies to fall on their faces for weeks! Maybe now that they have a fairly clear looking path to the playoffs (inexplicably imo) it will happen!! Lol

How much of a stretch would it be for Tennessee to pull it off?
It would go a ling way I think to restoring some credibility for Pruitt...I think the "want to" will definitely be there it's just are they capable? Is their QB play good enough? Will their D be able to withstand the full 60 minutes?

I think 1st half ML is more likely....just my humble opinion. But given the other options this weekend their definitely in the top 3-4 dogs to win outright I would say.

Some stats/history on undefeated teams in conf. championship games.

1-12 ATS (by avg -11.88 ppg) laying 7.5 to 17.5 (Buff, Cincy, Bama, now Ohio State)

1-1 ATS (by avg +2.5ppg) laying 18 to 20

7-0 ATS laying 20.5 or more (by avg +15.43 ppg)

Undefeated dogs are 3-2 ATS (avg +5.80) with three games decide by a point or less ATS. There's never been an undefeated dog in a same-season rematch like CU-ND.
Buffalo -12.5 shitting the bed.

Last edited:

1-12 ATS (by avg -11.88 ppg) laying 7.5 to 17.5

Undefeated dogs are 3-2 ATS (avg +5.80) with three games decide by a point or less ATS. There's never been an undefeated dog in a same-season rematch like CU-ND.

You've shared some nice trends this year. What do you think they would reveal for rematches, like ISU vs OU or ND vs Clemson?

You've shared some nice trends this year. What do you think they would reveal for rematches, like ISU vs OU or ND vs Clemson?
A favorite avenging its only loss of the season is 5-1 ATS. Only loser was VPI against Clemson in 2011 (38-10 as +7/53.5 ; first game was Clem 23-3.)

Winners were

1999 Neb -8 over Tex 22-6 (total 51.5)
2012 Bama -2 over LSU 21-0 (40.5)
2014 Ore -14.5 over Ariz 51-13 (73)
2017 UGA -3 over AUB 28-7 (47.5)
2018 Okla -9 over Tex 39-27 (77.5)

All (incl. VPI-Clem) went under by at least 5.5, by avg of 13.6 ppg

Alabama in 2012 was the only team facing an undefeated opponent.

Last edited:
Didn't see a play, but last night was a ML Dog player's wet dream.

3 of 4.

I didn't have any ML myself other than two of them ATS. Was on Marshall. Man that game was so disappointing. To only be down 9-0 after such a horrible first half, like record book horrible. Who starts a game going 0-for-10 passing?

3 of 4.

I didn't have any ML myself other than two of them ATS. Was on Marshall. Man that game was so disappointing. To only be down 9-0 after such a horrible first half, like record book horrible. Who starts a game going 0-for-10 passing?
Marshall has just fallen apart.

On the other hand, Bill Clark is a hell of a coach. I've followed him from HS up. He led his local HS program to multiple state championships, and established them as a state powerhouse.

Bill Clark is awesome. They should build a statue to him. Think he deserves something bigger than UAB. CUSA really is a garbage league.

1-12 ATS (by avg -11.88 ppg) laying 7.5 to 17.5

0-4 on Saturday (by avg. -11.75 ppg), now 1-16 overall. One moneyline dog winner: Ball State

Back