ML Dogs Bowl Edition

Gonna put a smidgen on AU today. Getting Gus out of the way may help open that offense a bit.

that really the only dog I can see myself getting behind today. Not even real strong, more just a fade of NW. so who coaching auburn today? I’m assuming the new head coach hasn’t started yet?

Unfortunately if Uga motivated I think they blast cincy. Dawgs not deserving of being in the playoff based on their season but I think they prob the 3rd best team in the country right now, I’d favor them vs Nd and osu. They have looked like a completely different team since Daniels came in at qb. The way they did anything they wanted against mizzou was impressive, tigers not pushovers and they threw everything they had at them in that game. After giving up the 1st 2 scores mizzou started blitzing like crazy, that worked for a minute but Uga figured it out with good adjustments. I’m just not sure cincy defense will be able to hold up for 60 min, especially if the offense isn’t giving them a lot? Ridder gonna have to play the game of his life to have any chance!

both playoff games are fav or nothing for me. Just think the gap between the top 2 and everyone else (besides Uga) is large.

Daniels has certainly upgraded that offense for Georgia.

Any concern they haven't played a team with a defense since the Miss St game...a game in which UGA struggled.

Very rare for Northwestern to be favored in bowl game. Only 1 of their last 14 bowls (all of them) they were favored. And that 1 game they were -7.5 vs UK and won 24-23. That was game Snell got ejected I think.

Last edited:
that really the only dog I can see myself getting behind today. Not even real strong, more just a fade of NW. so who coaching auburn today? I’m assuming the new head coach hasn’t started yet?

Unfortunately if Uga motivated I think they blast cincy. Dawgs not deserving of being in the playoff based on their season but I think they prob the 3rd best team in the country right now, I’d favor them vs Nd and osu. They have looked like a completely different team since Daniels came in at qb. The way they did anything they wanted against mizzou was impressive, tigers not pushovers and they threw everything they had at them in that game. After giving up the 1st 2 scores mizzou started blitzing like crazy, that worked for a minute but Uga figured it out with good adjustments. I’m just not sure cincy defense will be able to hold up for 60 min, especially if the offense isn’t giving them a lot? Ridder gonna have to play the game of his life to have any chance!

both playoff games are fav or nothing for me. Just think the gap between the top 2 and everyone else (besides Uga) is large.
Steele will coach aubie. Harsin will be onlooking, from the booth I think.

I think uga curb stomps cincinatti. What cincy wants to do (pound the rock) is what uga is #1 in the country at stopping. If we don’t see any unexpected opt outs from uga pregame, i will be adding to my strong stance on uga. Daniels gives them an element they have needed all year. Also, see tulsa get pretty much manhandled by a 3-win sec team yesterday (albeit in poor, sloppy weather) confirrmed it for me. Cincy is a bit overrated with their weak sos, and i think they get exposed. It may take 3-3.5 quarters to see it. Don’t see anyway cincy can consistently sustain drives against this defense. It would take multiple special teams/pick six to keep them in it. I see like 27-10, 31-13 type game. If no late opt outs or covid bullshit, i’m risking most of my bowl winnings up to this point on uga to be interested (cause kirby is well aware of their history and the stigma around some of their lower bowl appearances).

I actually think ohio st can keep it close, but dont see any way notre dame can score with bama. Already on the obligatory bama 1H (played -9.5 -135 alt line on bovada earlier this week).

Uga actually one the few I bet early and just hoped for the best far as opt outs. After losing few numbers this bowl season I didn’t want to on this one.. I’m honestly not convinced cincy was the best group of 5 so I obviously like Uga quite a bit. Just hope they invested in the game, if they are as I said with Daniels at qb I think they prob the 3rd best team in the country.

See a lot of conclusions drawn from Tulsa's game vs Miss State yesterday. Same 3-win Miss State team Georgia only beat by 7 and was tied at halftime with.

The multitude of Georgia players who announced they were not playing wouldn't concern me as it looks like their replacements are every bit as good and in some cases just as productive. Maybe it effects their rotation, but I do not expect any drop off really.

I do think that Cincinnati D can absolutely matchup in this game. I also think that Cincinnati will have trouble scoring.

See a lot of conclusions drawn from Tulsa's game vs Miss State yesterday. Same 3-win Miss State team Georgia only beat by 7 and was tied at halftime with.

The multitude of Georgia players who announced they were not playing wouldn't concern me as it looks like their replacements are every bit as good and in some cases just as productive. Maybe it effects their rotation, but I do not expect any drop off really.

I do think that Cincinnati D can absolutely matchup in this game. I also think that Cincinnati will have trouble scoring.

far as me personally I hadn’t given the Tulsa/messy st game any thought regarding this game. I liked Uga long before they played that plus I think it nuts/dangerous to draw many conclusions from bowl games as I think there many factors that have little to nothing to do with how a team played the rest of the season or against conf rivals.

early on I think cincy d may hold up but if the offense struggles as we would suspect I think Uga will simply wear on them as Daniels gives them a better chance of converting 3rd downs to extend drives than Uga had before he took over.

Am I crazy in thinking right now Uga the 3rd best team in the country? As I said i don’t think they earned a playoff spot but right now I’d take them ahead of ND and osu, honestly I’d prob put sooners 4th in those imaginary rankings of mine as I thought coming into their bowl game they were playing like one the best teams in the country!! (Not as confident saying I would favor them over Nd and osu as I would Uga right now).

Am I crazy in thinking right now Uga the 3rd best team in the country? As I said i don’t think they earned a playoff spot but right now I’d take them ahead of ND and osu, honestly I’d prob put sooners 4th in those imaginary rankings of mine as I thought coming into their bowl game they were playing like one the best teams in the country!! (Not as confident saying I would favor them over Nd and osu as I would Uga right now).

I don't know if hypothetical games means much for rankings at this point. Georgia is no better than the 3rd best team in the SEC based off their results this season. That is all I know for sure.

I don't know if hypothetical games means much for rankings at this point. Georgia is no better than the 3rd best team in the SEC based off their results this season. That is all I know for sure.

i understand they didn’t earn it with their play over the season but right now I don’t think anyone outside bama and Clemson stack up with Uga.

Wins vs South Carolina and Missouri are certainly going a long way for Georgia.

Wins vs South Carolina and Missouri are certainly going a long way for Georgia.

lol. Killing me! It just how they looked more so than comp level or score. In fairness didn’t they hang with bama bout as long or longer than anyone? And that was with Bennett going 18 for freaking 40, think it fair to assume Daniels woulda been better?

I know, guess I just feel a little feisty this morning!

Georgia led at halftime vs Bama, so that is almost as much of a statement as anything else you could say about them.

Isn’t it also a fair statement to say year in and year out Uga like one of the only teams that actually can stack up with bama when it comes to talent level? Coaching might be a vastly different story! Lol

I know, guess I just feel a little feisty this morning!

Georgia led at halftime vs Bama, so that is almost as much of a statement as anything else you could say about them.

all good, I enjoy the back and forth! All your points valid.

im in a super good mood, woke up to seeing the bank account had been boosted with government covid handouts for me and the misses! That was a shocking surprise, I never even got the 1st round! Didn’t think I’d see this either and certainly wasn’t expecting anytime soon!!

Only one way to end this college football season

UNC 100 to win 280 !

Well, sucks to go out a loser. And then losing the ATS in that fashion feels about what I think a dick in the ass would feel like. But whatever, it was fun for 3.5 quarters. Some South Park on to cheer me up.

Y'all a great bunch. Good luck on everything else you do.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Back