ML Bowl Dogs

La Tech. Can't see Miami being excited to play them and have you seen who they have already lost to this year.

Baylor. Georgia was in the Sugar Bowl last year. Seemed disinterested. Baylor should be motivated. I'll take Rhule over Kirby.

Texas. Whittingham has a great bowl record at Utah, but they went from being a win away from the playoff, to not even making a NY6 game.

Eastern Michigan. Seems like Pitt bitches about their bowl game every year. Can't see them excited to play a MAC team in Detroit. EMU is a good ML dog team.

Really like la tech and emu. Pitt best Ohio this year when Ohio qb rourke was ill and not able to do anything on the field. Emu qb glass is improving a ton this year.

Maybe Kent state over Utah state. Kent been improving a lot too. Like their coaching staff a lot and they r a young team looking to build on next year.

I also like Minnesota over Auburn in the outback and two other games -Illinois/cal and Florida st/Arizona st are worth a look just due to how inconsistent those these teams are.Illinois saved Peters for the bowl game and will want to bounce back from an ugly performance versus northwestern. FSU additioning for the new coach who will be watching.

Other than Ohio, the MAC is winless in bowls the past two years.just an FYI if you are loading up on MACtion. 15-43 SU since 2007.

And you'd know this far better than I would but it seems like the MAC is down relative to previous years.

La Tech. Can't see Miami being excited to play them and have you seen who they have already lost to this year.

Baylor. Georgia was in the Sugar Bowl last year. Seemed disinterested. Baylor should be motivated. I'll take Rhule over Kirby.

Texas. Whittingham has a great bowl record at Utah, but they went from being a win away from the playoff, to not even making a NY6 game.

Eastern Michigan. Seems like Pitt bitches about their bowl game every year. Can't see them excited to play a MAC team in Detroit. EMU is a good ML dog team.

I am on Texas for the reasons you gave and am considering Baylor as well but I haven't decided because I just think they kind of suck.

Texas getting the benefit of the same situation it had with Georgia last year - the latter had no interest in being in its bowl. But this year you're getting a Texas team that is a mess overall including a huge transition with all its assistants. Can't run fast enough from this game.

Really like la tech and emu. Pitt best Ohio this year when Ohio qb rourke was ill and not able to do anything on the field. Emu qb glass is improving a ton this year.

Maybe Kent state over Utah state. Kent been improving a lot too. Like their coaching staff a lot and they r a young team looking to build on next year.

I also like Minnesota over Auburn in the outback and two other games -Illinois/cal and Florida st/Arizona st are worth a look just due to how inconsistent those these teams are.Illinois saved Peters for the bowl game and will want to bounce back from an ugly performance versus northwestern. FSU additioning for the new coach who will be watching.

Im def interested in Illini.

No way would I lay w Pitt but I think their front 7 be incredibly tough on a Mac team. Think I’m looking under.

Utah St/Pitt/LaLa ML is -110...fading MAC big spread games...(Kent/EMU/Miami).

I do like CMU as a dog this year & my Bobcats.

baylor, minny, texas - I have all 3 as favorites in my power rankings. Would of bet them at even.

okie state ? .....i'd even put michigan in there if I had any confidence that a don brown defense wouldn't have blown coverages in every single big game ever

and miami oh, not because i think they will win but it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow did, and I think they need some respect on their name.

Cmich - better team
Temple - rates to be a one possession game
S Miss - Tulane in a tailspin
Oregon - better team
MOH - just on value. That line is crazy
Ville - keep getting better, miss st keep getting worse. Feels wrong though
Wake Forest - check injuries

Cmich - better team
Temple - rates to be a one possession game
S Miss - Tulane in a tailspin
Oregon - better team
MOH - just on value. That line is crazy
Ville - keep getting better, miss st keep getting worse. Feels wrong though
Wake Forest - check injuries
Temple's coach is 0-6 ATS in bowls, losing by an average of 18.33 points ATS.

Oregon is my play at this point.

CMU too, but their last performance was pathetic and I have bad record when I place wagers either on or against SDST

Can Memphis beat Penn State? I doubt it, but its a thought

Is anyone else surprised Kentucky is an underdog?? It’s a small ML but will be on them for sure.
Esp. since Bowden has declared for the draft but also said he was playing in the bowl game...this will be his grand finale and he is not going out a loser.

Esp. since Bowden has declared for the draft but also said he was playing in the bowl game...this will be his grand finale and he is not going out a loser.

He can’t throw, I don’t see bud foster defense with a month to prepare getting whipped by a wr playing qb.

Man, I have been so busy with other shit...I actually can't wait to get back into some football right now! Haven't read the thread, don't even know off hand who all is playing who in these bowls yet, a few more days and I think things will slow down on my end. Atleast I hope.

Very out of character for me but found myself taking way more favorites in the contest I’m playing in. After betting prob 70% dogs all year I really expected to like a bunch in the bowls. Turns out I don’t, handful that I do.,

Ville I like,, although their last game vs uk and overall run defense scares me I think big coaching advantage, both should be able to run and think ville will get bigger plays out of passing game.,

Baylor., Uga oline preparing for draft. Bears defense capable of keeping them in this.

Usc. I think the speed on the outside will be too much for Iowa and whether retaining Helton was the right move I dunno (looks like they have a terrible recruiting class) but I do think the kids love him and will play their asses off.

Ducks I think are the better team but now I’m trusting a couple pac-12 teams who have been awful in bowls.

Kinda lean Texas. They should be healthier than basically any time all year: think they were thought better than utes to start year now catching a big number., coaching a wash, utes great in bowls, Herman pretty great as dog? I could def be talked out of this one tho.

Still thinking bout Charlotte, weather concerned me a bit but SK made some pretty good points and I just can’t wrap my head around mac team laying this much., think I’m convinced gonna let total get pounded down far as it can go and play over so dunno if I want both?

Not sure what time span but heard RJ Bell I think on Fox radio say underdogs win SU in regular season 1 out of 7 games. Bowl games it is 1 out of 4.

Seems I recall a stat that referenced simply picking a winner in bowls, that the spread rarely came into play. Could be a before/after Christmas trend.

FWIW

On the Chalk section of ESPN, The Bear listed these ML to "consider." I don't think this is all, but what he had up now

BC +220

Charlotte +205

FIU +115

Hawaii +105

Iowa St +155

LaTech +190

Michigan +225

Oregon +120

Marshall +660
Doc Holliday is 6-0 SU in bowl games. Seems worth a shot. UCF has been in some big bowl games and probably isn’t thrilled to play in this one.
Came to the thread to specifically call this one out. Lines has dropped a little. Have watched very little Marshall this year. From what I did see, their D seemed stout. The offense not so much. UCF was a team of half’s. Fast out the gate and careless in the 2H. I have loss with the knights for that very reason. UCONN comes to mind. They completely shut down 2H.

I don’t know if “We are” kids will be mad for being snubbed in recruiting. If this were one of the big FL 3, I would say motivation would be there for that reason. Doc seems to get his players up regardless of opponent. So, the points are valuable.

Previously mentioned with the line coming into play. So far, it has not. Pick the winner and you are looking good right now. If this stands true and Marshall wins, the ML is a nice payoff. May take a stab at 2H ML if the knights are up big.

Back