MistaFlava's FRIDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Record: 55-41-2 (-33.10 Units)
2006 CFB ATS Record: 45-33-2 ATS (-35.30 Units)
2006 CFB O/U Record: 10-7 (+2.20 Units)

PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 5-4 (+23.00 units)
PLAYS OF THE MONTH: 5-1 (+54.00 Units)
PLAYS OF THE YEAR: 0-2 (-110.00 Units)

43-20-2 ATS (68%) in Football the last five weeks

I am down on the year because I missed on some of my big plays but overall I feel I have done a good job and will continue doing so. It felt good to take a day off from that game last night and now I am back with a huge play for the big win. Here goes another big wager for me. Please keep mind that I post units and post titles to my picks so you can know how much I like them. My big plays like this one make or break my year.

-------------------------------------

Friday, November 3

Army Black Knights +4.5 (15 Units) ***SERVICE ACADEMY PLAY OF THE YEAR***

The Air Force Falcons are as done as it gets when it comes to playing for the coveted Commande in Chief's trophy. Having already lost to Navy earlier this year, the Falcons have no hope of winning this thing. Had the dream still been alive, I don't doubt that Air Force would come in here and rampage all over Army. You can't forget that the Falcons are playing this game with a lot of revenge on their minds and I say that because Army went to Colorad Springs and embarassed these guys 27-24 in last year's game. However, as I mentioned before, the Falcons have already lost to Navy so the even if they win this game they tiebreak is gonzo to Navy and they would have no chance of winning the trophy. It's really hard in mind to see how Air Force is going to be more motivated for this game than they were for last year's game seeing that they are coming off losses to BYU (understanble) and San Diego State (not acceptable). I mean SDST is a horrendous team this year and the Falcons showed no life in a game that could have made their Bowl chances a lot more probable. Fisher DeBerry knows how capable Army is and he's been talking about it all week. The Falcons are tired after the physical loss to BYU and playing on a short week has never been their thing. In their road games this season, Air Force is scoring 24.3 points per game on 373.0 total yards of offense and 5.4 yards per play. Army's defense has done a solid job in West Point, allowing 25.0 points per game on only 324.3 total yards and 5.3 yards per play. On the ground, in the wishbone offense, is where the Falcons excel. They rush for 300+ yards per game on the road on 4.9 yards per carry but can they play from behind? Army's run defense has been horrendous all year but that's to be expected. The question is, will Air Force make mistakes? QB Shaun Carney is outstanding in the wishbone and it's when he goes to the air that he's most dangerous. He is averaging 9.3 yards per pass attempt on the road this season but Army have been good against the pass allowing opposing road QB's to complete only 56.7% of their passes for 6.3 yards per pass attempt. The Black Knights have some big tough players that always try to strip the ball from opponents. They are forcing 2.5 fumbles per home game this season which means they have forced 10 fumbles at home. I am not saying Air Force won't score in this game but their inability to stop Army is going to hurt them and if they go down a score or two, they could be in big trouble early.

The Army Black Knights have everything on the line tonight. With a record of 3-6 on the season and chances of playing in a Bowl Game gone, the Black Kinghts are now eyeing the covted Commande in Chief's trophy that would be up for grabs should they win this game and beat Navy in their season finale. Don't forget now that Army has the pleasure of knowing that they would be facing a Navy team that lost their starting QB for the season and that has been playing with their backup. You guys are quickly forgetting though how well Army has played at time this season. Kent State walked in here back in September and Army beat them 17-14 while the Black Knights also won a game at Baylor and managed to keep things very close with TCU here in West Point only a few weeks ago. For all those of you who say that Army has problems scoring, putting 17 points on the board against a very solid TCU defense does not mean you have problems scoring. Also, this new freshman QB Carson Williams looks like the real deal after just one game. This kid, although he has not shown it, is a duel threat in the air and on the ground and he has been considered by several other schools before choosing the academy. Williams runs the 40 in 4.8 and look for him to get going on the ground tonight. The Black Knights average 27.5 points per game at home this season on 299.8 total yards per game and 4.7 yards per play. That was with fleet footed QB David Pevoto. Air Force's defense sucks this year and they allow 24.7 points per game on the road for 314.0 total yards and 6.2 yards per play. On the ground, the Black Knights average 168.8 rushing yards per home game on 4.2 yards per carry but Air Force are decent against the run. I expect Army to run a lot early and establish both Williams and their TB in order to set things up in the air. What I like about Williams and what Bobby Ross likes about Williams is that he showed great poise in his first road starts. Williams was also 12 for 18 against TCU for 110 yards in his home debut coming off the bench. Now I know Williams has thrown 3 INT's but he also threw 3 TD's last week and he looked great. In their last three games, Air Force has allowed opposing QB's to complete 67.6% of their passes for 9.2 yards per pass attempt. Williams is passing for 6.8 yards per pass attempt and his INT's were simple rookie mistakes. The Black Knights really have to open things up tonight if they want to win this game. Ross is excited about the game and excited about his young QB.

In their only weekday televised game in 2005, Army was a 17 point home dog against Iowa State and they almost won that game losing 28-21. Vegas keeps dropping the line and the public keeps pounding Air Force. This game means a lot more to Army and this new QB, who might run the ball tonight, is definitely a much bigger threat than we think. The line should have been a lot closer to a pk if you ask me. Air Force just aren't that good and are losing confidence.

Trend of the Game: Army is 5-1 ATS in their last six night games

Army 28, Air Force 23

:cheers:

nice play MistaFlava. I like the percentages of bets on ARMY with higher percentage on the ML compared to ATS. I think it is a "sharp" play tonight. GL

Visitor is 5-1 ats. Goin' the other way with the stronger rush attack against a weak rush D. Good health flava...

Never a bad idea fading Mr Larry Ness..

Service Academy Game of the Year 15* Air Force.

B.A.R. said:
Never a bad idea fading Mr Larry Ness..

Service Academy Game of the Year 15* Air Force.

seriously? I was just having fun with the title...didn't know he really had one too.

:drinking:

"Service Academy Game of the Year"....LOL...that's funny. I like the Cadets as well...good luck tongiht.

Back