MistaFlava's CFB FRIDAY ***PS2 Power Selection*** (Writeup & Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
MistaFlava's 2007 CFB Record: 8-11 (-34.60 Units)
MistaFlava's 2007 ATS Record: 6-9 (-34.20 Units)
MistaFlava's 2007 2nd Half Record: 2-2 (-0.40 Units)

Welcome to my College Football threads for the 2007-2008 season. Not the kind of start I was looking for but after observing and watching things play out this past weekend, I think it helped a lot of grow as cappers and Im a big believer in the 'watch and learn' type of theory. The rule changes didn't make much of a difference but new coaches did (Dantonio was impressive) and I would love to turn things around this week with the help of my new little friend. Anybody remember my PS2 simulations a while back? Almost time to bring them back. LOL!

----------------------------------

Friday, September 7

Rutgers Scarlet Knights -16 (25 Units) ***PLAY OF THE NIGHT***

The Navy Midshipmen kicked off their season with a big win over Temple but alarm bells are already ringing in my betting mind because they allowed 19 points to a Temple team that scored more than 17 points only three times last season. Navy failed to cover the -21 spread and now they go from one end of the spector to the other by entering as +16 point underdogs in this one. We all remember the game between these two schools in 2006 when Navy was held off the scoresheet at home and Rutgers blew them out 34-0 in an embarassing display of bad football for this academy. I mean Navy is known for their rushing abilities yet they managed only 113 rushing yards in that game which is not a good sign for tonight seeing how they will be on the road for the second straight week. I am a true believer that if you're going to bet underdogs, you better believe they have a chance of winning the football game. Well Navy is 2-6 versus Rutgers since 1998 and this is by far the best Rutgers team in years. The Midshipmen had 439.0 total yards of offense in their opener at 7.0 yards per play but that's going to be tough to duplicate today as Rutgers allowed only 235.0 total yards against Buffalo last week at 3.6 yards per play. If you thought that was bad, Navy runs mostly running plays and much like they were held to 113 rushing yards in last year's game, they might be held to even less in this game against a Rutgers defensive line that is by far the best in the BIG EAST and that allowed only 2.1 yards per carry in their opener. The lack of running space will force Navy to throw a bit more than they want to and that's not good either seeing how their QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada completed only 42.9% of his passes last week and has a career pass completion rating of only 48.0%. Buffalo did all they could against this Rutgers defense last week but was able to get only 5.1 yards per pass attempt and even Navy can't get that many. Rutgers is too good against the run (they allowed only 2.9 yards per carry last year and return 6 defensive starters, two on 1st and 2nd big east teams) and there is no way Navy scores more than once or twice in this game. The Midshipmen fumbled twice last week and if they come close to 2-3 turnovers again in this game, which I fully expect them to do, things are gonna get ugly in a hurry. Navy is nothing without their running attack so I guess that means they will be nothing in this game.

The Rutgers Scarlet Knights are all business this year. They are aiming for the BCS and nothing else coming off an 11-2 season that had them playing in the Texas Bowl and flirting with the BCS. Well with so many players back and with all the key pieces of the puzzle in place, this team is taking nothing less than a BCS Berth and tonight they get to showcase themselves on National TV. Rutgers is coming off an impressive 38-3 win over Buffalo in their season opener last week where they moved to 1-0 ATS covering the -31.5 spread for the game. In last year's game Rutgers was the first team since 2002 to shutout the #1 rushing attack in the Country and now that things move back to Rutgers Stadium, I think we could see much of the same in this game. Rutgers managed 563.0 total yards of offense in their opener averaging a whopping 8.5 yards per play with 26 total first downs. Well I don't know that they can duplicate that number in this game but I expect their defense to get some points of their own and the offense to flirt with another 500+ offensive output since Navy allowed 5.1 yards per play against a pathetic Temple team last week. RB Ray Rice doesn't need rush for another 200+ yard game because Navy is tougher against the run than Buffalo, allowing only 3.0 yards per carry in their first game. However, Navy allowed 34 points against Rutgers last year while returning 8 defensive starters and this year they return only 3 defensive starters and are going to look shell shocked when Rutgers starts airing out the football. QB Mike Teel looked great last week passing for 328 yards, 2 touchdowns and 14.26 yards per pass attempt. Navy was #100 against the pass in 2006 and although they might improve a bit, they are totally screwed in this game. They allowed Temple to complete 72.4% of their passes last week for 6.9 yards per pass attempt and I am calling for QB Mike Teel to pass for 350+ yards in this game. WR's Tiquan Underwood and Kenny Britt should both have monster games and Navy is going to look undersized and undermanned all night on both sides of the ball. There is nothing Navy can do to stop this Rutgers offense who scored at least 24 points in all their home games last year and who scored more than 30 in three of them. This is a great chance for Rutgers that they are going to be almost impossible to beat when you can't stop their air attack and when teams decided to cut things down in the air, Rice is going to burn them for 150+ yards each and every game. Pick your poison Navy backers...if Temple was able to pass all over these guys last week, Rutgers should have their best offensive output in a very long time.

The public (well wagerliners) have Rutgers at a 75% clip for tonight's game but im not concerned. We have seen this time and time again in the college football where public favorites win easily. A lot of people are going to fade Rutgers tonight because of the way Louisville played yesterday but make no mistake about it...Greg Schiano is in his 7th season here and there are no new schemes for this bunch to learn. Also, Rutgers has the best defense in the Big East and that is going to show tonight as they follow up their performance against Navy from last year with another great display of run defense. Rutgers was 4-1 ATS at home last year and now that this team is a lot more experienced and a lot more talented, we could be in for one of the biggest NATIONAL TELEVISION blowouts of the year. Navy has too little experience on defense so what makes you think they can hold Rutgers to under 50 points? They can't and this is easy money.

PS2 Simulation Result: Rutgers 55, Navy 14

toast.gif

<!-- / message -->

Flava--

Break yo' self and splurge for the PS3. The PS2 is out of date.

My PS3 says 35-21 Rutgers.

I hear the PS3 version is wack... so I bought an LCD tv instead :smiley_acbe: Rutgers Rolls 44-13

Congrats to all fellow winners...the PS2 comes through again. It had picked Cincinnati SU yesterday and Middle Tennessee to keep the game within 10-15 points while score 24+ so its working.
Will post the remainder of the selections for the weekend in a few hours.

:cheers:

Back