MistaFlava's CFB FRIDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Record: 52-36-2 (+10.40 Units)
2006 CFB ATS Record: 42-28-2 ATS (+8.20 Units)
2006 CFB O/U Record: 10-7 (+2.20 Units)

PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 4-4 (-2.00 units)
PLAYS OF THE MONTH: 3-0 (+40.00 Units)
PLAYS OF THE YEAR: 0-1 (-55.00 Units)

36-14-2 ATS (72%) in Football the last four weeks

I am coming off a huge 20 unit win last night on Virginia Tech and looking for a bigger head of steam heading into the weekend of many huge plays. Good Luck to all in this crazy pre-Halloween Friday Night Game.

-------------------------------------

Friday, October 27

UTEP Miners +14.5 (10 Units) ***FRIDAY NIGHT PLAY OF THE MONTH***

The UTEP Miners are by no means the kind of team they have been the last two seasons or are they? We have been introduced to the Jekyll and Hyde sides of this team more than once on each side this season so who the hell are these guys anyways? The looked damn good against Texas Tech (losing 38-35 late in the game), they looked damn good against a New Mexico State team that we now have learned runs a powerhouse offense and they looked okay when they beat Tulane two weeks ago. Now for the bad side of things, losing to New Mexico was a joke and losing the way they did last week against Houston was an even bigger joke. Alright, put all that aside and please all realize that this is a FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS game for the Miners and CUSA Friday night games are like no other. This is going to be high-scoring, punch for punch, slap for slap and stop for stop football. Would you have it any other way? Since QB Jordan Palmer (Carson's brother if you didn't already know) and Mike Price have hooked up here at UTEP, the Miners are now 5-1 ATS as underdogs. The Miners got screwed last year when it came to playing in the CUSA Conference Title game but this year the approach is different and they seem to be coming out of the shadows. They can easily win out with the schedule they have left but they need the win here to have the advantage in the division if it comes down to a tiebreaker which it most likely would. The Miners are averaging 25.0 points per game in their last three games on 329.3 total yards and 5.0 yards per play. Tulsa's defense is being talked about all around the Country and talked about they should be. They are allowing only 10.0 points per game in their last three on 238.7 total yards and 3.7 yards per play. On the ground, RB Marcus Thomas needs to get his ass up and running. The Miners average only 2.6 yards per carry in their last three games but Thomas should have confidence knowing he ran for 117 yards and 2 TD's against Tulsa last season. Tulsa is allowing 3.7 yards per carry in their last three games but they haven't faced a RB of Thomas's caliber. In the air, QB Jordan Palmer's problem has always been turnovers. However, he is completing 69.0% of his passes the last three games for 7.3 yards per pass attempt. Tulsa's secondary is dangerous but once again, have not been tested lately. Tulsa has only 2 interceptions in their last three games while Palmer is getting a lot better and has thrown only 2 intercptions in his last three games. Believe it or not the Miners have lost only one fumble the last three games and this is a big chance for them to make a statement on their season. Win tonight and Price gets into the CUSA Title Game with his senior Palmer like this team should have done last season before losing the last two games of the year. This is a team that has underachieved immensily all season and it might take a National TV game to get them going.

The Tulsa Golden Hurricane are a damn good team but are they really? I mean how much can you claim when your biggest win was a one point win against Navy who look like they have never played football? Sure beating Southern Miss (no offense whatsoever and no Fletch) was big but I have trouble believing or understanding how this team can be favored by this many points. Unreal. The weather is supposed to be wild tonight so things will come down to who can make the big plays on offense and on defense. Tulsa is off to their best start in year and they are on a 5-0 ATS run...well that run ends tonight. Again, beating East Carolina and Memphis on the road doesn't tell me much and although UTEP's resume is not much better, it seems like the Miners do show up for big games like this one. UTEP was present for the Texas Tech game and they should be fired up by Price's comments that Tulsa might make this an ugly game. Tulsa have to win this game but are they overlooking the Miners in anticipation with division rivals Houston? It would be easy to do that because Houston is fresh off the win over UTEP (an easy win at that) but what would the CUSA Conference be without a shakeup of the division standings (happens every single year)? Making things more interesting is that Palmer and Smith have faced each twice in their careers and both have gone at it like warriors, which would indicate another close game tonight. Tulsa is averaging 28.7 points per game in their last three games on 389.0 total yards and 6.1 yards per play. UTEP's defense is finally starting to turn the corner and are starting to make big plays which should eventually pay off. Nobody said UTEP had to be strong defensively to win games....their offense should keep them close each and every game. On the ground, RB Courtney Tennial (Oklahoma transfer) has led his team to 208.3 rushing yards per game in the last three games for 5.0 yards per carry. Tennial has the potential to break the big one, which I see him doing more than once in this game. However, he along with other members of this team have fumble problems. The Golden Hurricane have 2.0 fumbles per home game this season and UTEP's defense love going for the strip and have forced 11 fumbles this year. In the air, QB Paul Smith has been outstanding as usual completing 72.7% of his passes for 8.2 yards per pass attempt the last three games but UTEP's defense has 6 interceptions in their last three games and they are big risk takers (which usually pays off in games with heavy wind). If Smith throws anywhere near Quentin Demps (5 int's and great ball hawking abilities) he is going to run into problems. UTEP's secondary is slowly but surely improving, allowing their last three opposing QB's to complete only 59.7% of their passes for 6.0 yards per pass attempt. The Miners have recovered 4 fumbles in the last three games so look for them to be agressive in this one. Both teams take just as many penalties as the other and both teams have big time firepower. I am looking forward to watching an intense game where UTEP is the unusual underdog, a role they have loved ever since Price got here. This is also a nice bounce back game for the Miners and as bad as they have looked, Tulsa faces their biggest test to date when it comes to offensive fire power and their defense is not as good as we all think. How quickly you all forget about the 49-24 loss to the only powerhouse offense Tulsa has faced all year in BYU.

Trend of the Game: UTEP is 5-1 ATS in their last six games as an underdog.

UTEP 36, Tulsa 35

:cheers:

wheezy said:
sweet! been waiting all day for your play. GL, i like it a lot.

Nice to see you on it wheezy...good luck to us. UTEP have saved their best for the end of the season not to get screwed like they did last year.

GL

Mista,

I see by your total you like this game to go over! I'm undecided on total but if I play a side it would be utep.

Hey Flava... You are so hot on plays that I may start drinking the stufff you're on!

What an awesome season you have going.:shake:

just noticed you got yourself out of that huge hole over the weekend already.... i giv eyou a lot of credit bro. i know if i were to lose a big bet i would go on tilt and lose a little confidence in my picks for a week or so and not bet big. you just keep pluggin away and i like that. good to see keep it up bro

TroyStacks said:
just noticed you got yourself out of that huge hole over the weekend already.... i giv eyou a lot of credit bro. i know if i were to lose a big bet i would go on tilt and lose a little confidence in my picks for a week or so and not bet big. you just keep pluggin away and i like that. good to see keep it up bro

I haven't missed many of my big weekday plays. I love CFB weekday games a lot more than I do Saturday games.

Thanks guys and good luck!

Any halftime plays here? If they're giving away free money, I could certainly use some to help pay off my Det Tiger bets.

ohhhhhh man. I chased a lot of money on this game hoping to recoup from bad baseball bets. And this scared the S out of me. Whatever.

GREAT JOB AGAIN MISTA! YOUR FRIGGIN RULE DUDE!!!

for some reason im kinda pissed cuz i havent been following you and you have always been right .......
good run

Back