Missouri vs Texas A&M

pharmacyst

Cashed in on Mizzou winning SU over Texas Tech for a good payout. The lines at Pinnacle started at Mizzou -2.5 -108.

The only two teams both have them have played are Texas Tech. Texas A&M lost to Tech 31-27. Mizzou beat Tech 38-27 last night. Mizzou played a pretty solid game last night until the half, but still managed to get the win. A&M haven't played any good opponents besides Tech.

I wouldn't be surprised if the score was 31-20. I'm personally going to take this Mizzou -4 +129. Who knows, I might hit it like Washing +20 vs USC this past weekend:wacka wacka:

Cashed on them too. Just played Missouri -3 at plus odds...cuz they'll kick the shit outta A&M the same way they took care of Tech. No respect yet for Missouri.

Yanks26Sox6 said:
Cashed on them too. Just played Missouri -3 at plus odds...cuz they'll kick the shit outta A&M the same way they took care of Tech. No respect yet for Missouri.

Yanks my friend..

Missouri won on 4 turnovers by TT. 28 points scored from them. I'll watch this line move. But A&M is better than Missouri IMO.

G-Man said:
Yanks my friend..

Missouri won on 4 turnovers by TT. 28 points scored from them. I'll watch this line move. But A&M is better than Missouri IMO.

That was by far the worse game I have seen Tech play since Leach took over the program. You're right, Mizzou never had it so easy. Now, as far as saying A&M is better than Mizzou? I'm not too sure. A&M has their troubles at covering an effective passing game and Missouri has been effective in a lot of categories. I'm actually thinking of playing Mizzou here . . . . . .

As ther resident ATM fan here, we're gonna lose this one by 7-10 points. Got Mizzou -2.5 and absolutely love it, although I cant watch as I feel like a Judas...

xXx

SoonerBS said:
That was by far the worse game I have seen Tech play since Leach took over the program. You're right, Mizzou never had it so easy. Now, as far as saying A&M is better than Mizzou? I'm not too sure. A&M has their troubles at covering an effective passing game and Missouri has been effective in a lot of categories. I'm actually thinking of playing Mizzou here . . . . . .

I havent capped the game yet Sooner, but I feel that Missou really wasnt exposed of how over rated that team is . Remember, they have played no one before TT and when these college games have an abundance of turnovers that games are out of hand, Most of them are momentum games that have all these turnovers. I'll be taking a gooooood look at this one.

G-Man said:
I havent capped the game yet Sooner, but I feel that Missou really wasnt exposed of how over rated that team is . Remember, they have played no one before TT and when these college games have an abundance of turnovers that games are out of hand, Most of them are momentum games that have all these turnovers. I'll be taking a gooooood look at this one.

Mainly, what I'm going off of, is the three games I have watched of Missouri this year. In year's past, this Missouri team won or lost on the feet of Brad Smith. What I have seen more than anything this year is a pure team cohesiveness where both the offense and defense are doing their respective jobs. There is no "one man" keeping this team together, they are all playing hard and fulfilling their roles. I've been impressed to say the least . . . . . . . .

g-man...i hear what you're saying, but i disagree. i don't think a&m is as good as mizzou at all.
and turnovers are a tricky thing...in that do you chalk it all up to just bad play from TT, or good luck for Mizzou...or do you give Mizzou some credit for possibly forcing some of that, and then conversely taking advantage of it by converting it into points.

in any case, neither A&M or TT has played much this year either...and neither one has looked that good, whether it was TT vs TCU or A&M vs Army...jsut to name a couple.
i still think Mizzou is underrated so far...and if they are gonna be exposed, it'll come later in the year against Oklahoma or Nebraska.

I'm with sooner on this one. I am taking Mizzou. Aggie just isn't that good, especially against the pass. Plus (and I don't know the numbers by heart) Coach Fran sucks against top 20 teams. He has a terrible record. I heard it the other day, but I don't remember what it was. Just trust me, it ain't good.

i jsut did my 2 cent write up on this game in my thread, if interested. long read, but i still maintain Mizzou is the play here.

Never bet a road favorite after a straight up road win. It's a good way to go broke. Mizzu's a solid football team, but these are still 18-22 year old kids cracking the top 25 for the first time in forever. Make no mistake about it, they're reading their press clippings and will have a hard time getting up for their second straight roadie into the state of Texas. Plus Gary Pinkel is still coaching them last I checked. The spot heavily favors tamu.

X's and O's wise, tamu has thoroughly out-recruited Pinkel the last 4 years. Daniels is a nice player, but aggie has more talent top to bottom, especially along both lines of scrimmage.

Scheme wise, aggie and Tech's offenses couldn't be any more different. With a short turnaround, it will be tough for Mizzu to get prepared for aggie's spread option attack that focuses on running the ball, after preparing for a team that chunks it around 50+ times a game. Look for some blown assignments by the Mizzu D.

The turnover snowball last week in Lubbock is fool's gold that has transformed a team that should be getting 4-5 points if it had lost at Tech, to one that will be laying a field goal in College Station. A lot of value on the tamu side. The only reason I'm not playing it big is that I've heard McGee is a bit banged up. Regardless, tamu should win straight up, and I'm certainly no aggie fan.

good health to the other side

I have to suggest that me an G-Man are one in the same. We always seem to have similiar views. While I might caution his comment comparing the teams...I think its more about Is Missouri better on the road then A&M is on its home field? I say A&M is the better team in this spot facing a road team off a SU road win...I never though Tech would cover vs Missouri but change in role from sleeping dog to road chalk where the only option is 2 win...

A&M +2 one of my bigger plays because I felt A&M should be favored..by a FG...

The drop down to -1 is probably some big bucks echoing my thoughts....seesm alot of plays have seen heavy line moves today....

I honestly think this bet is alot riskier than people think...im gonna place a small $50 wager on aTm moneyline...Gig Em

seriously though, if you havent placed money on this yet I wouldnt touch it. being an aggie i know that our team is very hard to predict but i can guarantee one thing...that we are pissed, and we will be playing tough in front of roughly 80,000 yelling fans and that we are one play from being 6-0 (yes alot of the schedule was cake and we performed to the level of our comp in a couple games)

our secondary and defense as a whole is not GREAT but is vastly improved. this isnt the same secondary people have been seeing the past few years

As an aggie myself and watching these games at Kyle Field with fran... he tries to think of new and better ways to lose a game everytime. Home field advantage is HUGE at kyle field though, I usually come out of the student section with my ears ringing for a couple hours after the game. You can just imagine the time we upset OU... but its really hard for me to go one way since missouri is playing so well. We have had a relatively disappointing season with almost losing to army with fran's terrible calls and losing to TT because of fran's calls. Many fans are calling for Fran's head and what makes me lean towards A&M is the fact that we are at home and Fran wants to keep his job. Winning at Kansas and then at home against a top 25 team would be huge for him.

10/09/2006-- Tickets are still available for this Saturday's game between Texas A&M (5-1) and No. 19 Missouri (6-0). Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. Click here to buy. <-----from AggieAthletics.com

Conference home record for the past two seasons: 2-3
Sep. 30 2006 Texas Tech L 27-31
Nov. 25 2005 Texas L 29-40
Oct. 29 2005 Iowa State L 14-42
Oct. 15 2005 OSU W 62-23
Oct. 1 2005 Baylor W 16-13 (OT)

I don't see A&M as a team that is getting up for a big home game. But they do have two things going: They didn't have McGee running things last year until Texas (and they have improved somewhat since then), plus, maybe they are due for a win.

and our D has made some pretty big strides...im not syaing A&M will win just thats its not a chalked up win for mizzou...we're very close to getting things together imo

but i agree than Fran's playcalling has been questionable and McGee is a little giddy in the pocket and sometimes doesnt make proper choices downfield

the KU score is misleading also imo...our D pretty much dominated and if we can just quit accumulating so many penalties and have solid special teams things should begin to take care of themselves

I watched the whole A&M Kansas game...A&M's D was far from dominating...what I saw is Cornish running well and Barmann not being able to hit the broad side of a barn...just my opinion...

Anyone that says a&m has a good D is out of their mind. It's the same old shit as it has been since the Wrecking Crew. Pure garbage.

Back