Mise Well Do a Bowl Thread...

I won't lie, three different team totals on Saturday...

I am short on time so these won't get writeups...

Two are already in...Army may be added once I watch the number a bit more...

Memphis tt o38 -120 1.5 units
Buffalo tt o25 -110

Army tt perhaps

I missed most of Memphis game, well all of it basically. I saw they had 28 at some point in 2nd quarter and was laughing about an easy win.

Ugggh.

I did play Army but that doesn't really matter to this thread. Buffalo was easy enough, I still do not understand the total for that game and frankly should have played it bigger like I planned but I was scurred.

Either way, good start to the bowl season and we have a couple of solid ones this week.

Have a great Holiday everyone.

I missed most of Memphis game, well all of it basically. I saw they had 28 at some point in 2nd quarter and was laughing about an easy win.

Ugggh.

I did play Army but that doesn't really matter to this thread. Buffalo was easy enough, I still do not understand the total for that game and frankly should have played it bigger like I planned but I was scurred.

Either way, good start to the bowl season and we have a couple of solid ones this week.

Have a great Holiday everyone.

View attachment 36646

No I don't actually believe this rumor and I don't want Harbaugh coaching Darnold to hand the ball off 50 times per game but I had to put it out there. Either way I agree with the Florida pick.

-2 units on live bet in the CheezeIt bowl.

Told myself to stay away from that game but couldn't help myself.

**Noting for posted record.

Final thoughts for tomorrow...

First, I have Bama tt I played when lines came out fwiw...46

I will play this Michigan/Florida game live.

This is an odd bowl season. If you went a full big bet on the +7.5 I would recommend keeping maybe half of it. That is just me. I will be toying with the game, maybe buying off 1.5 before the game. I just don't feel any bowl game which is an exhibition deserves a BIG BET after watching these last 14 days. That is just me.

Prediction is a pretty close game...

We shall see.

I have my futures on the line in the late ones, I'lll hopefully be able to toy with those a bit...we'll see...

Clemson 32-24
Bama 49-36

Enjoy the day everyone.

(I do like that Tamu pregame bet -- that goes in line of my fade acc theme against the power 2 conferences)

Alright, took a shower so wide-awake again... so will put up some final thoughts for the games tomorrow... in a just a min...

I am going to reiterate...

I took the number on Florida wanting to have that number. At the time, I knew there was a pretty good chance that several Michigan starters would be out. I also stated that this game would be much more important to the Gators.

What has changed since then? Not a lot... As I said, I expected Hill and/or Long to miss the game prepping for the draft. I am quite shocked. Basically, Hill has been gone since early last summer. I am not sure what changed. Long, is the better of the two and one of the best in the country. But, no Hidgon or Bush is still huge.

What else has changed? I am hesitant now after 14 days of bowls to ever use motivation as a capping angle again in what amounts to exhibition games. The landscape has been changing for years but now is totally different. It is what it is and will only get worse until they change the system and salvage some of the bowl season.

So, do I still like the 7.5? Absolutely. Do I like it enough for a max bet? No... I do not think that any bowl game nowadays unless it is a playoff game should be bet too heavy at the outset of a game. That is my 'quick take' response to this season. I have bought off some of it already and will toy live if need be. Rest assured, I still have more stake in Florida. Ideally, Michigan wins by 7. That would be just dandy in my eyes.

As far as any team stuff...

-Haven't heard a word
-No clue on the gameplan
-Excited to see some young guys.
-The W/L only matters for narratives, that is it.

If I see Chris Evans plowing into the line all day I may kick my TV tomorrow. I hope they go out there loose and 'have fun' and play 'fun' on offense. We shall see...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notre Dame and Clemson should be a good game in my mind. I think that ND stays within 10 and if they can hang around late third into the 4th this game is a toss-up. I may be the only UofM fan rooting for ND tomorrow but that is how things are.

I'd love to see Oklahoma win obviously for financial purposes plus they are just fun and Kyler is a blast to watch. I have the TT here and will hope to have a chance to hedge some of my future but who knows. If I am OU, I am going for a lot of 4th downs over the 50... punts will not get it done. Maybe they can do what they did to Georgia early last year in the Rose Bowl. We shall see. The defense is brutal but you never know.

Obviously I have no opinions on the crap games tomorrow...

One other note... Michigan always travels well. This year, I believe there is some 'Florida Fatigue' and they had a lot of their allotment left as of a few days ago. So, I am guessing a pretty pro-UF crowd. We'll see...

Looking at the next big ten game....Still leaning Sparty a bit. I am not sure if I will play but will track live fo sho.

Btw, pat on the back to me on that Purdue lean today. That certainly was good stuff!

I honestly first saw the score at halftime and had to do a quadruple take.

Now, that is another 'mark' against capping motivation. It looked like Barn had it all. They played like they are capable of and dominated.

Bowl motivation is like mainstream media, full of shit. At least for this year. No clue. The intangibles definitely favor Florida but intangibles are pretty minor this year in games so far it seems.

Bowl motivation is like mainstream media, full of shit. At least for this year. No clue. The intangibles definitely favor Florida but intangibles are pretty minor this year in games so far it seems.
I have a UF fan friend (I know), that has a circle of friends close to the program. Says Mullen is trying to keep this junior class intact. Most of the preliminary grades a round-2 or lower. If motivation is a thing, talk in that circle is that team is in good health and mind. Would not be surprised to see a major effort today. I took the +7.5 (don’t really love it, but am thinking of hitting both 1H and full game under. Little hesitant, as totals have kicked me this bowl season. Will be stalking live plays in both early SEC games.

I'm not big on motivational angles either but you can be selective about it. I think it would be negligent to not take it into consideration with the mich side today. This is an awful spot for them.

Back