Mise Well Do a Bowl Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
First of all, I may buy off or hedge on some of these at some point.

If I am hedging a future, I will note that if I post the play.

I played the first bet last weekend and will simply cut n paste the write-up here.

I did just finally play GT this morning. I have planned on playing them in some form all along but wanted to wait a bit. I do think this number will not get lower. Yes, I could of had a better number early but I simply cannot lock myself into many bowl plays early with all the movement that happens this month that is out of our hands.

There is a good chance I will not get to posting everything but I figure this gives a good fade thread for everyone. I will have an assortment of TT's, sides, live plays and a few props methinks.

Good luck to all, and I'll keep the B1G thoughts in the separate thread.

Florida +7.5 -110 3 units

If this game was played in the regular season, Michigan would win pretty comfortably. This is basically the SEC equivalent of Penn State in my opinion (not exact style but as far as how I would rate them). It would be a comfortable 27-30 to 13-17 kind of game.

But...

Bowls are becoming more and more of an animal nowadays.

So, why do I like Florida as of today?

-Nothing has changed, this team will be motivated. Many of them remember getting smoked in Dallas to begin last season.
-Several players were around for the 2016 Citrus Bowl, which was also a blowout(obviously not a lot, but I am sure this is being used by the staff)
-This bowl game will mean more to them. It is a solid accomplishment to cap off a pretty good season. They have to like how the program arc is going right now.

So, why do I not like Michigan as of today?

-Motivation is big. Now, several players have noted they really want a good bowl showing after last years 2nd half collapse. I am not buying that in totality.
-I expect, as I said, that several players on defense will not play. Gary is announced out. I fully expect Bush, Hill and Long to join along with maybe another one up in the air. That is 4 draft picks right there not playing. The corners will be felt the most out of all this(if they do not play)
-Either way, this defense (throw away the Urban retirement game which they got blasted to another planet) when at full or near full strength is pretty damn good, among the best still. The thing is, they won't be at full strength most likely.
-I would expect you'll hear about one key contributor on offense not playing as well. We shall see.

This line, in my estimation has topped out. I do not see it going much higher or really at all. The initial movement last Sunday was towards the Florida side and I expect it will close below 7.

Now, I am not one that believes in betting too early this time of year due to suspensions/etc. Well, we are really taking a gamble here when it comes to the Gators! lol. They always have some players that cannot keep their nose clean during the break from school.

Either way, I do expect to keep the bet or I can buy off. I want the number and feel good about it in this particular game. I in no way would endorse such a play in a regular season game.

Georgia Tech -4 -110 2 units

My plan, as of now, is to go to this game. The Ramblin Wreck have been a favorite of mine the last few months to analyze. I definitely got on board the 'retro' train of thought after awhile. He is good at planting seeds once in awhile in your head. This is Paul's last game and I think he goes out with a bang. ,Minnesota was much better down the stretch but I do think they will wear down as this game goes on. They will score too, but not nearly enough. I'll get into this game more next week but I see something like 34-21.

Why do you attribute OSU‘s good performance vs UM to Urban when they clearly did some things that Indiana had done the week before with success. Which maybe Florida is built to do somewhat as well

So do you have a preference bw capping reg season and bowls? :)

I wouldn't compare the OSU offense to the Florida offense at all. That literally has nothing to do with how I view this game.

I used to love bowls many years ago. They are harder now with all the coach/player movement plus the sitting out. Also, the value of a bowl game is much less than it used to be. I prefer regular season nowadays.

I wouldn't compare the OSU offense to the Florida offense at all. That literally has nothing to do with how I view this game.

I spoke in an extremely misleading way my bad. Just meant that maybe Florida has some speed at receiver (nobody as fast as Campbell) with which it could be effective at crossing routes and such across the middle, the shorter passing game which Franks prefers

I spoke in an extremely misleading way my bad. Just meant that maybe Florida has some speed at receiver (nobody as fast as Campbell) with which it could be effective at crossing routes and such across the middle, the shorter passing game which Franks prefers
Perhaps. Mich will most likely have many different faces out there as well. It's an unknown.

Fallica's going back 11 years instead of ten, and his numbers vary slightly from the database I use. That database says dogs have been 184-191-7 ATS and 133-249-0 straight up. That's covering almost 50% of the time while winning about 1 in 3 straight up. That's a pretty big difference.

The average line for the dogs was +5.7, which equates to what -- +180?

Betting 1.1 to win 1 on each dog in these 11 seasons would win you 184 while losing you 210.1 for a net of minus 26.1.

Betting 1 to win 1.8 on each dog in these 11 seasons would win you 246.05 while losing you 249 for a net of minus 2.95.

So the moneyline has done a little better in that period.

Last edited:
Arizona State TT u 23.5 -105

Two things here...

I like Fresno a good deal in this game to win. I also think it goes under the number. Now, at the current number I cannot lay -6, I simply cannot. I do expect that the will win by 7-10 at least but one of my bigger premises on this game is that the Devils will not be scoring a lot of points. This is a very good Fresno Team. I followed them quite a bit this season, so I think I have a pretty good read on them.

I am thinking something like 27-17 is the final here.

Now, that makes a convincing case for 3 plays if that is indeed around the final score. Well, this is true. Now, the line movement on the total was a bit odd to me but that is fine. It is starting to come back down a little bit in the past few hours I noticed. I think of the possible plays, this is my safest route. I simply do not see this Arizona State squad doing anything consistently against Fresno.

Just a one unit play, but that is fine to start off the 5 game Saturday marathon. That will be it for Saturday. I do have a few other opinions but nothing strong.

Lets get it started!

Two things here...

I like Fresno a good deal in this game to win. I also think it goes under the number. Now, at the current number I cannot lay -6, I simply cannot. I do expect that the will win by 7-10 at least but one of my bigger premises on this game is that the Devils will not be scoring a lot of points. This is a very good Fresno Team. I followed them quite a bit this season, so I think I have a pretty good read on them.

Now, that makes a convincing case for 3 plays if that is indeed around the final score. Well, this is true. Now, the line movement on the total was a bit odd to me but that is fine. It is starting to come back down a little bit in the past few hours I noticed. I think of the possible plays, this is my safest route. I simply do not see this Arizona State squad doing anything consistently against Fresno.

Just a one unit play, but that is fine to start off the 5 game Saturday marathon. That will be it for Saturday. I do have a few other opinions but nothing strong.

Lets get it started!
Si!

You had me at "Mise Well..." It pains me to admit it but I agree with your GA Tech pick. Like your thoughts on AZ St. uTT too. A lot of people have faith in FL around here...I don't see it but if a die hard MI fan is going that way, I may need to reconsider.

GL to you sir!

Two things here...

I was looking at the same play, and I really want to play it, especially with Harry quitting, but why did ASU score so much more in the 2H of the season when the schedule was tougher?

I'm with you on GA Tech. I don't think the Gophers can stop a good option offense on a fast field.

Higdon news is also starting to seep out so I'll post it. He's back in Florida getting ready for the league. He won't be playing.

That's 3 of the possible 5 right there. The other two are wild cards. Today it sounded like one or both could possibly play. We'll see.

Shocking to me.
Odd they won't drop the hook at least

Not sure what you think about it but I will have a smallish wager on Blue tt over, prolly half of the game over. While I think it could be a bit of an indoor track meet, I trust Michigan to score more than I trust UF to whether it's speed they don't get to showcase weekly on the fast track or gimmicky type things. Reason I like over is Mullen I believe is creative enough to have some fun too

Florida‘s strength on D is certainly its secondary thats why I like Higdon being out, that helps us out imo because other really good backs like Snell have succeeded against this D in a major way. Then Mich‘s top pursuit guys on D being out, so that Florida can succeed across the middle, swing passes, repositioning linebackers with their formation and getting Toney VJ etc in space to operate

That's 3 of the possible 5 right there. The other two are wild cards. Today it sounded like one or both could possibly play. We'll see.

DId you have like a cut-off? Like if only x amount of players end up bailing i‘m buying out? Or is motivation still enough of an angle?

DId you have like a cut-off? Like if only x amount of players end up bailing i‘m buying out? Or is motivation still enough of an angle?
No bailout completely.

I still expect this line to move at some point. I am baffled it hasn't as of now.

Like I said, I took this position on purpose and will most likely keep the play. Now, if Hill and Long both play that changes things a little bit but without Bush and Higdon that is two HUGE pieces.

Motivation is a huge angle for FLA, that I am certain of.

First of all, I may buy off or hedge on some of these at some point.

If I am hedging a future, I will note that if I post the play.

I played the first bet last weekend and will simply cut n paste the write-up here.

I did just finally play GT this morning. I have planned on playing them in some form all along but wanted to wait a bit. I do think this number will not get lower. Yes, I could of had a better number early but I simply cannot lock myself into many bowl plays early with all the movement that happens this month that is out of our hands.

There is a good chance I will not get to posting everything but I figure this gives a good fade thread for everyone. I will have an assortment of TT's, sides, live plays and a few props methinks.

Good luck to all, and I'll keep the B1G thoughts in the separate thread.

Florida +7.5 -110 3 units

If this game was played in the regular season, Michigan would win pretty comfortably. This is basically the SEC equivalent of Penn State in my opinion (not exact style but as far as how I would rate them). It would be a comfortable 27-30 to 13-17 kind of game.

But...

Bowls are becoming more and more of an animal nowadays.

So, why do I like Florida as of today?

-Nothing has changed, this team will be motivated. Many of them remember getting smoked in Dallas to begin last season.
-Several players were around for the 2016 Citrus Bowl, which was also a blowout(obviously not a lot, but I am sure this is being used by the staff)
-This bowl game will mean more to them. It is a solid accomplishment to cap off a pretty good season. They have to like how the program arc is going right now.

So, why do I not like Michigan as of today?

-Motivation is big. Now, several players have noted they really want a good bowl showing after last years 2nd half collapse. I am not buying that in totality.
-I expect, as I said, that several players on defense will not play. Gary is announced out. I fully expect Bush, Hill and Long to join along with maybe another one up in the air. That is 4 draft picks right there not playing. The corners will be felt the most out of all this(if they do not play)
-Either way, this defense (throw away the Urban retirement game which they got blasted to another planet) when at full or near full strength is pretty damn good, among the best still. The thing is, they won't be at full strength most likely.
-I would expect you'll hear about one key contributor on offense not playing as well. We shall see.

This line, in my estimation has topped out. I do not see it going much higher or really at all. The initial movement last Sunday was towards the Florida side and I expect it will close below 7.

Now, I am not one that believes in betting too early this time of year due to suspensions/etc. Well, we are really taking a gamble here when it comes to the Gators! lol. They always have some players that cannot keep their nose clean during the break from school.

Either way, I do expect to keep the bet or I can buy off. I want the number and feel good about it in this particular game. I in no way would endorse such a play in a regular season game.

Georgia Tech -4 -110 2 units

My plan, as of now, is to go to this game. The Ramblin Wreck have been a favorite of mine the last few months to analyze. I definitely got on board the 'retro' train of thought after awhile. He is good at planting seeds once in awhile in your head. This is Paul's last game and I think he goes out with a bang. ,Minnesota was much better down the stretch but I do think they will wear down as this game goes on. They will score too, but not nearly enough. I'll get into this game more next week but I see something like 34-21.
Wud go to as many Gopher games this year as me. GL this bowl season, BAR.

Gonna wait till HT. Been trying not to overthink it but the wind concerns are keeping me off for a bit. I almost said 'screw it' but better to be careful.

Back