Midweek Plays from North of the Border

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
0-4 on the weekend :spank:

Carling Cup:

Liverpool vs Arsenal
Liverpool -0.75 @ 1.90 $110 to win $100
Expect Wenger to play a weakened side. If this was an EPL match i would of played smaller stakes because Wenger just seems to know how to hang around with the big boys.
Liverpool on the other hand have turned around their season over the last 2 months. One of the best home sides in the nation. Yes it is a Cup match but there is still some significane to it. Its still a rivalry and to have a win will be a psychological benefit for either teams in the future. Wenger will be fielding a rather weakened squad as usually during Cup games he gives his youngsters a chance to play. Benetiz will try to ensure that the teams current form doesn't disappear and play with a much stronger side.
Prediction: Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal

Spain La Liga

Valencia vs Mallorca
Valencia -1.25 @ 1.95 $105 to win $100
Whenever Valencia has a full squad, oppositions are in trouble. They managed to finally get a decent squad out to face Deportivo and look what happened, a 4-0 win. They then travelled to Zaragoza and managed to snatch a 1-0 win. Valencia have a lot of catching up to do to climb the table. They were hanging around with Barcelona until they had an injury crisis. Now they have recouperated and are raring to go. Full squad for this encounter. They have only conceeded 3 goals in 7 matches played at home while scoring 14. Mallorca oddly enough play fairly decent on the road but still have issues scoring. I expect Valencia to control this game rather easily and come out on top pretty big.
Valencia 3-1 Mallorca

Parlay:
Liverpool ML
Valencia ML
$100 to win $133

System Play:

Athletico Bilbao vs Real Zaragoza
Real Zaragoza 0 @ 2.10 $50 to win $55
Real Zaragoza ML @ 2.90 $39 to win $74.10

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>BBC:

Liverpool v Arsenal

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S SF -->Liverpool's Carling Cup quarter-final tie with Arsenal is in doubt with Anfield shrouded in dense fog and a pitch inspection due at 1815 GMT.
If the game goes ahead Daniel Agger, Fabio Aurelio, Luis Garcia, Peter Crouch and Robbie Fowler are all expected to figure for Liverpool. Arsenal will ring the changes and give their youngsters a chance to shine. Jeremie Aliadiere will lead the line and Lauren may feature as he steps up his recovery from knee surgery.

Love the parley but a team like valencia often keeps the game close.´
Bilbao i would not bet against looks to be getting back in form.

GL<!-- E SF -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wednesday

Spain La Liga

Osasuna vs Levante
Osasuna -0.5 @ 1.725 $100 to win $72.50

SYSTEM PLAY
Racing Santander vs Villareal
Racing -0.25 @ 2.025 $100 to win $102.50

Holland Juplier League

RBC Roosendaal vs Den Bosch
Over 3 @ 2.00 $50 to win $50

Last edited:
adding:

Serie A

Lazio vs Inter Milan
Lazio +0.5 @ 1.75 $100 to win $75
Number of cards in match Over 5.5 @ 1.80 $125 to win $100
Been waiting for this match for awhile now. Inter Milan is dominating the league but seem to just relax too much. The last time they faced any real test was 4 matches ago when they travelled to Palermo. Lazio have allowed only 3 goals at home this season have have dominated all their home encounters. Their last home encounter was a Rome derby where they destroyed Roma 3-0. This could be the line where Inter Milan finally loses. Looking at past results played in Rome here were the following results

Jan 24, 2006 Lazio 1-1 Inter Milan
Nov 5, 2005 Lazio 0-0 Inter Milan
Mar 12, 2005 Lazio 1-1 Inter Milan
Dec 21, 2003 Lazio 2-1 Inter Milan
Dec 7, 2002 Lazio 3-3 Inter Milan

The draw is another option but because the odds for the +0.5 are rather low i'll stick to just that one side option.
I took the yellow cards over just because i see this as another Rivalry match. The Italian league is one of the most aggressive leagues anywhere, and when two giant clubs go at it, the ref is going to pull out the cards left right and centre. Most of the cards will probably go out closer to the end of the game because by this time players have been frustrated and have nothing to lose. We have some hard tacklers on both squads so I am sure both sides will want to make a statement.

adding:

AC Milan vs Catania
Catania +1.5 @ 1.77 $64.94 to win $50

Parlay:
Osasuna -0.5
Racing Santander -0.25
Catania +1.5
Lazio +0.5
RBC/Den Bosch Over 2.75
$20 to win $344.73

Small list today.

Spain La Liga
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
Atletico +1 @ 1.85 $117 to win $100
Last match before the winter break. Barcelona were in Japan competiting in the World Club Championship where they lost in the finals. That was 5 days ago. Travelling long distances is an absolute draining experience. Now they play an Atletico Madrid squad that seems to just have Barca's number.

<TABLE class=compartable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=date>Feb 05, 2006</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Barcelona</TD><TD class=teamout>Atletico</TD><TD class=score2>1 - 3</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Sep 18, 2005</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Atletico</TD><TD class=teamout>Barcelona</TD><TD class=score2>2 - 1</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Feb 06, 2005</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Barcelona</TD><TD class=teamout>Atletico</TD><TD class=score2>0 - 2</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Sep 19, 2004</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Atletico</TD><TD class=teamout>Barcelona</TD><TD class=score2>1 - 1</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Feb 15, 2004</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Barcelona</TD><TD class=teamout>Atletico</TD><TD class=score2>3 - 1</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Sep 28, 2003</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Atletico</TD><TD class=teamout>Barcelona</TD><TD class=score2>0 - 0</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Feb 01, 2003</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Atletico</TD><TD class=teamout>Barcelona</TD><TD class=score2>3 - 0</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5 height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=date>Sep 01, 2002</TD><TD class=competition>Primera Division</TD><TD class=teamhome>Barcelona</TD><TD class=teamout>Atletico</TD><TD class=score2>2 - 2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Barcelona will also going into the match we a very depleted squad having already the likes of Messi, Eto'o, Marquez, Gio, Sylvinho and now Gianluca Zambrotta, all either injuried or rested.
Atletio Madrid's away form has been sensational 4-2-1 scoring 10 conceeding only 3 in the process. Barca are undefeated at home but do i see a 2 goal win? No way. They have won their last 3 away matches, even though they have been against Betis and Levante, winning on the road in Spain is always difficult. I think Barca will be happy with a draw here, just so they do not have to risk any more injuries going into the new year. the gap is getting closer between 1st and 6th, Barca are now 6 points behind Sevilla but have 2 games in hand.
Prediction: Barcelona 0-1 Atletico Madrid

French Ligue 2

Strasbourg/Amiens
Over 2.25 @ 2.05 $100 to win $105
Amiens suprisingly are the most consistant team in terms of goals scored and goals conceeded. On the road Amiens have managed to score 15 while conceed 16 in 10 road games. Strasbourg on the other hand are struggling and need points quickly. With just only 1 win in their last 5 matches, they are quickly losing ground on Metz and Caen. In Amiens last 8 away matches only 2 games have we seen one goal or less. Strasbourg seem to find playing at home very comforting. They are consistant scorers managing 14 goals and conceeding 5 at home. Strasbourg ability to play to the level they should is the key here. They need the 3 points and i can see at least 2 goals here. hoping that there can be a push for 3. But in the French Ligues, you have to be wary playing with totals. They can quickly turn into a snooze fest.
Prediction: Strasbourg 2-1 Amiens

Barca are pissed off and will take out their frustration at the Nou Camp.

Mike, please dont bet against Inter and Roma this year in Serie A.

Greencastle said:
Barca are pissed off and will take out their frustration at the Nou Camp.

Mike, please dont bet against Inter and Roma this year in Serie A.

Well well well, look what happened. Pissed off? Right 1-1 Atletico Madrid will take it and so will Barca. I already mentioned how depleted Barca are. Why would Barca be pissed off? Seriously you can't cap a match like that. The advantage was all for Atletico with their rest, their line up and their history.

Also who said I bet against Roma? If you paid close attention to the other thread with Joe Public you'd see I mentioned nothing about playing against Roma, i'd say play for em. Also its nice to come back in here and make a quote about Inter Milan. I mentioned also how Inter Milan is not a good team to wager on. You either wager against them or don't wager at all because the price is too steep. Simple as that.

Back