Michigan Recruiting/Satellite Camp etc thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter phife
  • Start date Start date
P

phife

Seems to have mysteriously disappeared.:rofl:

Anywho, props to those in the previous thread who recognized that harbaugh's genius idea was going to be very short lived:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...aa-bans-satellite-camps-effective-immediately

<header class="article-header" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 20px; max-width: 640px; position: relative; z-index: 1000034; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: BentonSans, -apple-system, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">NCAA bans satellite camps effective immediately

</header>1:44 PM ET
  • i
    Mitch ShermanESPN Staff Writer

The NCAA has shut down satellite camps, effective immediately, with a ruling Friday by the Division I Council that requires FBS programs to conduct all clinics at school facilities or facilities regularly used for practice or competition.
Satellite camps rose to prominence over the past year as several programs, notably Michigan and others from the Big Ten, conducted camps in the South and regions rich in recruiting prospects.
The ruling Friday is effectively a win for the the SEC and ACC, which had banned their coaches from working camps at destinations outside a 50-mile radius from their schools.
Alabama coach Nick Saban spoke out against satellite camps this week in advance of the council's ruling, saying the proliferation of satellite camps could lead to dozens of camps annually in heavily populated cities.
"It sounds like a pretty ridiculous circumstance for me for something that nobody can really determine [if] it have any value anyway," Saban told AL.com
The issue landed in the crosshairs of the Division I Football Oversight Committee as part of that group's comprehensive review of recruiting issues. The oversight committee, chaired by Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, last year formed a subcommittee to review camps and clinics.
The subcommittee investigated the need for legislation to address the growing divide over satellite camps and was to report its findings before the council reached a decision.

I'll talk shit all day bro. I love the rivalry even though it hasn't been much of one recently.

Steeds always talking shit to me. Just have fun with it.

I do think the satellite camps are a good way for kids to get noticed. But it became about harbaugh because he started it pretty much.

Anyone could have done them. Great exposure for kids who can't afford to make it to the 7 on 7s or scout/rivals camps.

I think Sankey is a pussy too. What Saban wants, Saban gets.

Exactly. At the end of the day the lower tier prospects are the ones getting fucked by this.

I think the spring break stuff was something of a tipping point and it clearly ruffled a lot of feathers.

There was a way to institute some moderate guidelines to tone this whole thing down but at the same time keep the best interests of the HS prospects in mind. But rational thought is above and beyond what can be expected from the NCAA.

Steeds always talking shit to me. Just have fun with it.

I do think the satellite camps are a good way for kids to get noticed. But it became about harbaugh because he started it pretty much.

Anyone could have done them. Great exposure for kids who can't afford to make it to the 7 on 7s or scout/rivals camps.

I think Sankey is a pussy too. What Saban wants, Saban gets.

No doubt. Spring break was a cool move but it was inevitable that wouldn't fly in the long term.

I don't mind saying no to spring break, a little over the top... but a lot of amazing camps coaches go to speak and evaluate at are done. It hurts the kids. Lot of these kids can't afford unofficial visits to a columbus or ann arbor.

Sound mind sound body is a big camp run here that I know many coaches attend from the b1g, MAC, etc. and have for many years. It's unfortunate those coaches can't evaluate the under the radar kids.

Jim Harbaugh spent five years in Ann Arbor under the leadership of Bo Schembechler, but he only played twice against the Buckeyes. A redshirt year, a backup year, and an injury-shortened year - a broken arm suffered against Michigan State - meant that Harbaugh spent three years champing at the bit from the sidelines during The Game. He entered the '85 contest as a redshirt junior poised to swing the rivalry back in Michigan's favor after watching Ohio State win two of the three games since he arrived in '82. And he did just that by winning both games, which kicked off the Wolverines taking 12 of 15 against the Buckeyes from '85 to 2000.

Jim Harbaugh spent five years in Ann Arbor under the leadership of Bo Schembechler, but he only played twice against the Buckeyes. A redshirt year, a backup year, and an injury-shortened year - a broken arm suffered against Michigan State - meant that Harbaugh spent three years champing at the bit from the sidelines during The Game. He entered the '85 contest as a redshirt junior poised to swing the rivalry back in Michigan's favor after watching Ohio State win two of the three games since he arrived in '82. And he did just that by winning both games, which kicked off the Wolverines taking 12 of 15 against the Buckeyes from '85 to 2000.

bwhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha...30 years ago as a player that's great but nobody cares dude. nice comeback tho.

Somebody quote my post and lets see if King of Objectivity BAR can tell us why he deleted the previous thread.

hi-res-a01ca092ad23c37323ad70501be6d117_crop_north.jpg

Tony Ding/Associated Press

Reads

Comments

It turns out that Jim Harbaugh isn't just an annoyance after all. He is the perfect coach to fight off a cutthroat, backstabbing era. The power vortex of college football—SEC coaches—thought they were much too big for him. Ha!
When he started holding football camps in their corner of the country and taking a few recruits to Michigan when they had been slated by god-given right for the South, well, it was time to swat Harbaugh away. On Thursday, the SEC found something out:
In this case, they are the mosquitoes and Harbaugh is doing the swatting.
This is really becoming something to admire. It has been just one year since Harbaugh took over at Michigan, and he immediately went right after the SEC. He put his camps on their turf and set up in their backyard. He ripped into them fearlessly on Twitter.
He outsmarted them. And if you're living on tradition and establishment, look out: Harbaugh has a way of cutting right through it all. Let's put this simply—he just kicked the SEC's butt.
Here's what happened: The SEC and ACC were so freaked out by Harbaugh's little tour of football camps, known as satellite camps, off his own campus and in the South that they muscled up and had the NCAA ban the whole practice. That was way back in, well, early this month.
The ban kept teams from having camps off campus and also prevented coaches in general from working at other coaches' camps. The problem was that when those camps had coaches from all over, high school kids would be able to go to one camp and showcase their talents to coaches from all over. Kids would be discovered and get scholarships.
In their panic over Harbaugh, the SEC's coaches accidentally were crushing the hopes of good high school players without a ton of attention or family funds to take them all over the country to multiple camps just so multiple coaches could see them. So, the NCAA lifted the ban Thursday.
hi-res-050ff5d2115083de30032d6fc2e250aa_crop_exact.jpg

Ralph Russo/Associated Press

Harbaugh outsmarted the establishment. Again. He did it when he was Stanford's coach, too, embarrassing USC's Pete Carroll, who had built his team into the sport's rock stars.
Actually, Harbaugh doesn't get 100 percent of the credit. He was helped by the one force that rivals him...
Football moms. That included Rozlyn Peoples of Detroit, who started a petition to complain about the ban even though her son, Donovan, is a5-star recruit and didn't really need the camps. She wanted to help others. Her petition has over 14,000 signatures online.
"LOL," Kenthia Morton, one of those moms from Detroit, texted me after hearing that the ban had been lifted. "Us sports moms are something else to deal with.''
And now her son, Jaeveyon Morton, who we wrote about here, is going to be able to go to college.
"There is a God!'' Kenthia texted, with both an exclamation mark and a smiley face.
She wasn't talking about Harbaugh.
I think.
Now, Harbaugh wasn't the first one to run a satellite camp. Penn State did it. Notre Dame did it. But Harbaugh made a whole summer tour of them, and it was his lack of respect for the religion of southeastern football that got to people.
"It seems to be outrage by the SEC and ACC," Harbaugh told Sports Illustrated's Michael Rosenberg after the ban was put in place. "They power-brokered that out...the image that comes to my mind is guys in a back room smoking cigars, doing what they perceive is best for them."
Harbaugh also ripped into Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze, suggesting he was just too lazy to run his own satellite camps. On ESPN's Mike & Mikeshow, he also ridiculed SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey for "fake outrage" in saying that Harbaugh's own team practices over spring break in Florida threatened spring break. He ripped Georgia coach Kirby Smart for suggesting that Michigan's practices threatened to break rules.
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" data-tweet-id="702600147553878016" title="Twitter Tweet" style="margin: 10px auto; padding: 0px; border-width: initial; border-style: none; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; max-width: 98%; display: block; width: 500px; position: static; visibility: visible; height: 181.766px; min-width: 220px; background: 0px 0px;"></iframe>And when Tennessee coach Butch Jones joked that he was going to stop in during lunch and watch Harbaugh's practices, Harbaugh fired back on Twitter: "Suggestion to my Rocky Top colleague, rather than lunch in Florida you might spend your time and focus attending to your present team."
Harbaugh uses Twitter as a weapon while making the SEC look like power brokers in black and white in smoke-filled back rooms.
He brings in Tom Brady and makes a production at his signing days. He turned around Stanford in about 15 minutes and then took down USC. He turned around the San Francisco 49ers, one of the worst-run franchises in sports, just as fast.
And now he's heading straight for the heart of college football.
When the NCAA dropped its own ban, that helped a lot of kids who need it most. That's the big thing here.
And the SEC is still winning national championships on the field, but this was an incredible knockout against the establishment. Backstabbing Harbaugh just isn't going to work.

Suck it Sankey, USA today article.

Of all the ridiculous things that emanated from the Southeastern part of the country during this year-long imbroglio over whether schools can hold college football camps outside their geographic era, nothing topped the faux concern that somehow Jim Harbaugh setting up shop in Georgia or Florida for a few days was somehow going to turn college football recruiting into a year-round circus.

“What we're talking about is recruiting tours,” SEC commissioner Greg Sankey told reporters last year when the issue first started to bubble. “So, let's just be clear about what we're really talking about here.”
The strategy, of course, was transparent: To turn recruiting into a dirty word, as if somehow the entire enterprise in which these people operate doesn’t revolve around the pristine pursuit of attracting athletes to their school.
“They're not satellite camps,” LSU athletics director Joe Alleva sneered, according to the The Advocate of Baton Rouge. “They’re purely and simply recruiting camps.”
Well, yeah.

635973766098013852-USATSI-9222919.jpg

USA TODAY
NCAA Board will allow college football satellite camps

But it was interesting that the SEC and ACC — the drivers of legislation to ban satellite camps that was approved by the Division I Council three weeks ago but overturned Thursday by the NCAA’s Board of Governors — never mentioned any concerns over posh player dorms or waterfalls in locker rooms or using female students as “hostesses” or a million other excesses that are aimed solely at getting the attention of 17-year-olds.
No, by golly, when one coach decided to put time and resources into marketing his brand in the South — using a loophole, by the way, that was around for years with nobody lifting a finger to change the rule — that’s when the SEC said enough is enough.

Here’s the bottom line: The SEC’s legislative crusade against satellite camps was the most transparent, cynical, foolish waste of time that college athletics has ever seen. And given the history of the NCAA, that’s saying something.
Though opinion is certainly divided about whether satellite camps are good or bad or whether the rules should be refined in some way to limit them, people throughout college athletics have spent the past several months mystified at the SEC’s lust to outlaw them.

635974540219049364-C01-FIRST-SANKEY-0714-74476146.JPG

USA TODAY
On satellite camps, SEC can't beat them, so it joins them

Because not only did it look like the SEC was pushing a nationwide rule change in response to Harbaugh, which seemed petty enough, but there was never any evidence that satellite camps have made one bit of difference to anyone but an under-recruited kid here or there who might get noticed by a coaching staff and offered a scholarship they wouldn’t otherwise get.

In its righteous indignation about the scourge of recruiting camps, all the SEC accomplished was turning Harbaugh (of all people) into a martyr and exposing that the same people who hem and haw and throw up their hands over the issue of paying players can take action with SEC speed when it comes to protecting their own turf.
If Sankey and other SEC leaders thought they were going to position themselves as the conscience of the national recruiting environment, well sorry, but that’s just not a story the nation is going to buy.
SEC commissioner Greg Sankey (Photo: Kelly Lambert, USA TODAY Sports)
Not when you have an entire television network dedicated to the glorification of the SEC brand.
Not when your schools are spending millions of dollars to fill their locker rooms with technological trinkets and barbershops.

Not when your schools are by far the leaders in staffing up with analysts to break down high school game film and create eye-catching digital graphics to send recruits.
Not when one of your schools spends $60,000 to bring a rapper to its spring game.
Not when your schools annually land 10 of the top-25 recruiting classes in the country.
If someone is going to lead the charge in scaling back the hysteria over recruiting, the SEC should probably start with itself.
But that’s exactly the issue. Part of recruiting, and one of the reasons the SEC does it so well, is that it’s all about using the resources available in the way that best fits the needs of your program.

If Harbaugh or anyone else thinks it’s worth the time, money and effort to hold a camp in the South, why shouldn’t they be allowed to do that? That it’s been going on for years in other conferences without SEC participation — while the SEC still dominates the recruiting landscape — suggests the impact probably isn’t that great.
But the SEC made it personal, which means Harbaugh made it personal right back at the likes of Butch Jones , Kirby Smart and Sankey, whose efforts in his first year on the job probably would have been better spent elsewhere than on a legislative push that only led to embarrassment for his conference.

And now that the satellite camp ban was struck down after significant outcry from coaches outside the South and the Department of Justice sticking its nose into the issue, we’ll see if SEC, those owners of the moral high ground in recruiting, can resist the urge to do them bigger and better than Harbaugh ever dreamed.
The likely outcome of all this is legislation next year that sets more defined parameters on how many camps can be held and when they’re allowed during the offseason. Eventually, this “issue” will go away and the big conferences will find something just as silly to fight about. In the meantime, there will be more satellite camps than ever before.
There’s no doubt the SEC puts on the biggest and best show in college football, but apparently having the deck stacked in its favor for years wasn’t enough. There was no reason to pursue this issue other than insecurity and pettiness, and eventually it bit them.

Harbaugh is no more of a sympathetic figure than anyone in the SEC, but somehow they collectively turned him to a symbol of injustice for NCAA rules. That may be harder to do than winning eight national titles in 10 years.
If the goal was to make Michigan's coach into an even bigger hero and make themselves look silly in the process, the SEC has never done a better job.

Easily michigan's biggest victory in the 21st century...congrats.

In honor of the NCAA reversing this decision I think BAR should resurrect the thread he cowardly deleted.

Not a fan of either school, but I'm wondering what the big deal is about drafted players this year out of Michigan.

Harbaugh just got there, it would seem to make more sense to wait 2 or 3 years and see how "his guys" do in the NFL draft.

The fact that FSU only had 2 players drafted this year means they are going to be terrifying if they find a QB

The fact that FSU only had 2 players drafted this year means they are going to be terrifying if they find a QB

was just gonna say

Usually when a team has a sit ton drafted, a lil decline is coming

LSU not having shit drafted gives me hope

Ohio State had many taken..a sign of winning it

can't always read into it, but like you said........there is some things there a bit

It's not a big deal. Just general mockery over the past however many years.

Gotcha. Probably makes sense to get the shots in now, because it very well may be the opposite in a couple/few years.

Not a fan of either school, but I'm wondering what the big deal is about drafted players this year out of Michigan.

Harbaugh just got there, it would seem to make more sense to wait 2 or 3 years and see how "his guys" do in the NFL draft.

agree but rudock was solely drafted bc of one year of development under harbaugh, which is pretty impressive.

because it very well may be the opposite in a couple/few years.

LOL ok.

Gotta love the delusional 'harbaugh effect'. Must be all them rings he got and Meyer's loser history.

While Harbaugh is playing twitter games and shirtless grab ass with high school recruits at satellite camps...OSU gonna just keep doing their thing and winning games the same way they've been doing it for however long. And since everyone is so into 'marketing' nowadays...I'm guessing that setting records for most kids getting drafted will surely work it's way into the convo with recruits and be of some benefit. It's not like OSU is gonna stop getting top talent and wind up losing by 30 at home as favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL ok.

Gotta love the delusional 'harbaugh effect'. Must be all them rings he got and Meyer's loser history.

While Harbaugh is playing twitter games and shirtless grab ass with high school recruits at satellite camps...OSU gonna just keep doing their thing and winning games the same way they've been doing it for however long. And since everyone is so into 'marketing' nowadays...I'm guessing that setting records for most kids getting drafted will surely work it's way into the convo with recruits and be of some benefit. It's not like OSU is gonna stop getting top talent and wind up losing by 30 at home as favorites.

Sure. Again, I'm not a fan of either, just an outsider's opinion. Also gotta love the "opposite delusional harbaugh effect," where guys who don't like Harbaugh (or Michigan) talk about how horrible he is and bring up the twitter games he's playing. In one of those articles posted it pointed out how Harbaugh pretty much un-seated USC and Pete Carrol, and then turned SF around in 2 years. It's probably safe to say he'll have Michigan at the top of the Big Ten within the next couple of years. The dude can coach, and gets his players to play hard and succeed.

The "twitter games," while fun to poke fun at are certainly having some type of effect, along with anything else he's done. I mean we literally just saw a bunch of coaches scrambling around to get a rule changed that had no business being changed because it's been around forever and no one had an issue with it all along, AND those same coaches see no issue with the rest of the recruiting tactics they use themselves (which have more of an impact, and are a little more egregious than some one day camps).

Sure. Again, I'm not a fan of either, just an outsider's opinion. Also gotta love the "opposite delusional harbaugh effect," where guys who don't like Harbaugh (or Michigan) talk about how horrible he is and bring up the twitter games he's playing. In one of those articles posted it pointed out how Harbaugh pretty much un-seated USC and Pete Carrol, and then turned SF around in 2 years. It's probably safe to say he'll have Michigan at the top of the Big Ten within the next couple of years. The dude can coach, and gets his players to play hard and succeed.

Sorry, but can you please point out where I said that Harbaugh is a 'horrible' coach or that I don't like him? My mention of his twitter histrionics has no bearing on my opinions of him as a coach. But merely that the twitter trash talking equates to a lot of bark and no bite and this is endemic of michigan football in the 21st century. From coaches, players, and fans alike. This isn't anything new.

If you had said that harbaugh is likely to improve the mich program and recreate an actual rivalry with OSU then I would most definitely agree. He's a great coach. However, you're stating that it's "safe to say" that mich will not only be on top of OSU but that the tides of the rivalry will completely turn and that OSU will be getting their asses handed to them (on the field and in the NFL draft) as mich has for the past 15 years. Sorry, but this suggestion isn't rooted in reality and you have no evidence to support this claim. You do realize that Meyer is the winningest active coach in CFB right now? OSU just had 12 players taken in the draft...you're going to need to offer up a reason as to why Meyer will somehow forget how to coach and gather elite talent. And without a talent drop off (OSU currently rated as the #1 class for 2017), there is no Harbaugh voodoo that will cause such a momentous upheaval on the field. But it's fun for delusional mich fans to sit and dream about. I remember when they brought in Dick Rod's offensive wizardry to overwhelm the slow and plodding OSU outfit. Worked out well.

And on the topic of Harbaugh voodoo...was this not the reason that mich was listed as favorites against OSU this year? And that many on this board predicted an easy victory because mich was now the best team in the big 10? How did that one work out on the field?

I also remember my first convo with BAR last year about how the Harbaugh voodoo was a just cause for the line shift in the opener with Utah and that the harbaugh voodoo would add up to a victory/cover for mich. That one didn't work out so well either but I'm sure BAR has taken the liberty of deleting that thread as well.

The "twitter games," while fun to poke fun at are certainly having some type of effect, along with anything else he's done.

You're going to need to wake me when the twitter games correlate into on-field success. That's really the only effect I care about. The twitter histrionics are fun and get people talking but there is more than 1 way to market your program. Time will tell which is the most effective, I suppose.

Sorry, but can you please point out where I said that Harbaugh is a 'horrible' coach or that I don't like him? My mention of his twitter histrionics has no bearing on my opinions of him as a coach. But merely that the twitter trash talking equates to a lot of bark and no bite and this is endemic of michigan football in the 21st century. From coaches, players, and fans alike. This isn't anything new.

If you had said that harbaugh is likely to improve the mich program and recreate an actual rivalry with OSU then I would most definitely agree. He's a great coach. However, you're stating that it's "safe to say" that mich will not only be on top of OSU but that the tides of the rivalry will completely turn and that OSU will be getting their asses handed to them (on the field and in the NFL draft) as mich has for the past 15 years. Sorry, but this suggestion isn't rooted in reality and you have no evidence to support this claim. You do realize that Meyer is the winningest active coach in CFB right now? OSU just had 12 players taken in the draft...you're going to need to offer up a reason as to why Meyer will somehow forget how to coach and gather elite talent. And without a talent drop off (OSU currently rated as the #1 class for 2017), there is no Harbaugh voodoo that will cause such a momentous upheaval on the field. But it's fun for delusional mich fans to sit and dream about. I remember when they brought in Dick Rod's offensive wizardry to overwhelm the slow and plodding OSU outfit. Worked out well.

And on the topic of Harbaugh voodoo...was this not the reason that mich was listed as favorites against OSU this year? And that many on this board predicted an easy victory because mich was now the best team in the big 10? How did that one work out on the field?

I also remember my first convo with BAR last year about how the Harbaugh voodoo was a just cause for the line shift in the opener with Utah and that the harbaugh voodoo would add up to a victory/cover for mich. That one didn't work out so well either but I'm sure BAR has taken the liberty of deleting that thread as well.

You're going to need to wake me when the twitter games correlate into on-field success. That's really the only effect I care about. The twitter histrionics are fun and get people talking but there is more than 1 way to market your program. Time will tell which is the most effective, I suppose.

I didn't say you said Harbaugh is a horrible coach or that you didn't like him. I was simply referencing what a lot of people have said about him.

The point about UM being on top of the Big 10 was rooted in his history of showing up at programs and turning them around in a couple of years and making that team very successful. Nothing more, nothing less.

Time will tell about the "Twitter games" and anything else he's doing that put people off. It certainly is having an effect on other coaches in the country, as all you hear is them whining about it, and trying to get rules changed simply because Harbaugh found a way to take advantage of the rules in place and get some publicity for his school.

I'm sorry you're taking all of this so personally, but again, I'm not a fan or either so I'm not emotionally invested in the least bit.

The point about UM being on top of the Big 10 was rooted in his history of showing up at programs and turning them around in a couple of years and making that team very successful. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not really sure if catching Carrol for a few years on his way out is a comparable example to his task at mich and the expectations of winning a NC. Which harbaugh has yet to do at any level.

It certainly is having an effect on other coaches in the country, as all you hear is them whining about it, and trying to get rules changed simply because Harbaugh found a way to take advantage of the rules in place and get some publicity for his school.

Again, I'm asking for on-field effects. This satellite camp gong show stuff is funny. Everyone is doing it now, so I don't think any one team is going to come away with a huge recruiting advantage as a result of it.

I'm sorry you're taking all of this so personally, but again, I'm not a fan or either so I'm not emotionally invested in the least bit.

I'm sorry that you perceive me to be taking this too personally. I thought this was a pleasant cfb debate.

And that is sarcasm, about the NJ HS fued, which is funny. And the Chris Ash part as well. He will be helping recruits to OSU, and UM will get others and he will get the scraps. Well done bud.

Swift NCAA Action here...

While Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh and others were seen taking pictures with parents, prospects, fans and campers throughout the first four days of their satellite camp tour, the NCAA decided to end those photo possibilities, setting in an immediate ban during Saturday's camp at USF in Tampa (FL).
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="739136169728970752" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-right: auto !important; margin-left: auto !important;">

Follow

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

None of the 300+ campers were allowed to have their picture taken with Harbaugh or @CoachTaggart due to new NCAA rule effective today.
12:46 PM - 4 Jun 2016 · Florida, USA, United States

</twitterwidget>According to multiple reporters on site at the camp, Harbaugh was asked to stop signing autographs and taking pictures with Michigan fans who made the trip to USF to watch the team's coaches in action.
"The NCAA made a rule ten minutes ago saying I couldn't (autograph)," Harbaugh told nearby reporters.
Among the fans Harbaugh has interacted with so far on his trip is six year-old Barrett Fitzsimmons from Springfield (OH), a young man fighting a form of liver cancer. The Michigan head coach received a "Barrett Strong" shirt and in response, gave the family his hat, whistle and shirt from the Springfield event. He also invited the family to a game this fall in Ann Arbor.

And that is sarcasm, about the NJ HS fued, which is funny. And the Chris Ash part as well. He will be helping recruits to OSU, and UM will get others and he will get the scraps. Well done bud.

Because Rutgers and OSU/mich are totally recruiting the same players...and without these camps OSU/mich would have no way to recruit the Rashan Gary's and Eli Apple's of the world. Chris Ash should definitely hire a cfb message board moderator to run his recruiting program and you can show him how it's done.

Dude. This was NOT my thread title.

BAR, if you want to create your own thread with your own thread title than create your own damn thread. It's really simple.

If you're gonna continue to delete and censor anything that sheds light on what a childish and delusional piece of shit you are then I'm done posting here. There are plenty of other boards to participate in without overzealous moderation. It's too bad, because overall this was a good board with good people whom I've had no problem with up until now.

What happened to the original mich recruiting thread?

And what happened to my thread title?
If this is how this place is going to be operated then take care everyone and BOL this upcoming season.:shake2:

Censorship and moderation are for the insecure.

I opened up your post.

It has nothing to do with your original thread title, I made it more generic for talk and discussion is all. This isn't first time that a thread title has been changed so it helps for everyone to understand the subject matter.

If you would like to leave, then that is your choice. GL on your bets this season.:shake2:

I tried with you dude.

Your an obvious troll. I was just cleaning up the forum a bit on this rainy Sunday but you gotta be who you be.

You said other forums, so go there.

Buy-bye.

I tried with you dude.

Your an obvious troll. I was just cleaning up the forum a bit on this rainy Sunday but you gotta be who you be.

You said other forums, so go there.

Buy-bye.

And when I say 'troll', you are the exact definition. You haven't posted in well over a week but magically noticed that I cleaned up a thread title so it would be more appropriate going forward.

Best wishes going forward...

did I read headlines right when it there was twitter "feud" going on between Saban and H about satellite camps and then Bama coaches joined in on it?

did I read headlines right when it there was twitter "feud" going on between Saban and H about satellite camps and then Bama coaches joined in on it?

I wouldn't say it was a feud, and it certainly wasn't a Twitter feud because Saban doesn't have a Twitter account. Basically at the SEC coaches meeting last week, Saban expressed concern that these camps open up the possibility of creating an atmosphere where violations are easily occurring, due to the prevalence of 3rd parties getting involved in recruiting. Kind of like basketball and the AAU/Shoe company circuit and the street agent/handler roles. Kind of a hot-button topic for him since he had to fire one of his long-term assistants over a minor contact violation, which the coach felt he had to lie about, and Saban had to fire someone he didn't want to. It certainly can come across as whining, but Saban says these things for a reason, and oftentimes he ends up being right, but whatever. Harbaugh responded on Twitter calling Alabama/Saban a hypocrite about rules violations. So while Saban may have concerns about these camps, if you think for a second he won't utilize them for the sake of moral superiority, you haven't been paying attention to his record as a recruiter. He will do anything and everything within the rules and the edges of the rules to evaluate and accumulate the most talent he can. And while fans of Michigan and Harabaugh and the Big 10 or whoever see this as a victory over Saban and the SEC, I have to think that Alabama will benefit as much as anyone with these camps, and we were already doing pretty well in the recruiting department. Me personally, I don't see much problem with the satellite camps as long as they are sanctioned events and have some sort of control over who can attend outside of coaches, athletes, and family. I think the benefit out-weighs the risk here

Back