Mich/ND

Denard says:

"Of course we've got to say Ohio (State's) the biggest one," Robinson said. "(Then) Notre Dame and (No. 3) Michigan State, our little brothers."

Other than vs Michigan, does ND face many QBs dual threat QBs? I can't think of anyone really outside of Denard.

Denard rushing vs ND D:

2012 -26-90 (3.46), sacked 3x
2011 -16-108(6.75)- TD
2010 -28-258 (9.2) - 2TD

The change in numbers year-to-year reflect not just ND's improvement against the run, but also Michigan's transition away from the spread and at time not letting Denard be Denard IMO.

I don't think Gardner is going to beat ND with his arm, atleast I haven't seen him be consistent or good enough to do that vs good defensive teams yet. Against the likes of Minnesota and Iowa, he can eat that shit up, but vs ND he might struggle.

I forgot that Notre Dame did not yield a rushing TD in 2012 regular season.

Tommy Rees 2011 at Michigan:

[TABLE="class: game-log"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: date"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: opponent"]Opponent[/TH]
[TH="class: surface"]Surface[/TH]
[TH="class: result"]Result[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-att"] Att[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-comp"] Comp[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-pct"]Pct.[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-yard"]Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-yard-att"]Yards/Att[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-td"]TD[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-int"]Int[/TH]
[TH="class: pass-rating"]Rating[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even-row"]
[TD="class: date"]09/10/11[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ 12 Michigan[/TD]
[TD]Turf[/TD]
[TD="class: result"]L 31-35[/TD]
[TD] 39[/TD]
[TD] 27[/TD]
[TD] 69.2 [/TD]
[TD] 315 [/TD]
[TD] 8.1[/TD]
[TD] 3[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]152.20[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Denard says:

Other than vs Michigan, does ND face many QBs dual threat QBs? I can't think of anyone really outside of Denard.

Denard rushing vs ND D:

2012 -26-90 (3.46), sacked 3x
2011 -16-108(6.75)- TD
2010 -28-258 (9.2) - 2TD

The change in numbers year-to-year reflect not just ND's improvement against the run, but also Michigan's transition away from the spread and at time not letting Denard be Denard IMO.

I don't think Gardner is going to beat ND with his arm, atleast I haven't seen him be consistent or good enough to do that vs good defensive teams yet. Against the likes of Minnesota and Iowa, he can eat that shit up, but vs ND he might struggle.

I forgot that Notre Dame did not yield a rushing TD in 2012 regular season.
what was his record vs these three teams again?

Against rich rods terrible 3-3-5

Rees' 2011 game was Hoke and Matison's second ever game at Michigan. Rich Rod's personnel, but different scheme defensively.

what was his record vs these three teams again?

Denard against the rivals?
v tOSU 1-3
v ND 3-1
v Mich St 1-3

Michigan's average margin of victory in their last three wins vs ND is 4 pts. The average margin of victory by ND and Michigan combined the last four meetings is 4.5.

Brothers in arms

jake-ryan-taylor-lewan-brendan-gibbons.jpg

scumbags in arms....not afraid to say it as a michigan fan, should have been kicked off team, the only difference i guess is only one guy raped that girl as opposed to two or three and the girl didnt commit suicide, which is very sad. doesnt make it any better.

at least hoke hasnt killed anyone, yet. still got those great catholics there lol

Looking at match-ups in this game, I don't see many that favor UM.

Michigan RBs and TEs vs ND linebackers favors Michigan pretty heavily
Special teams favors Michigan because ND is mediocre to bad in almost every phase

Every other match-up looks like an ND advantage to me. There is virtually no question that ND is better on both lines. How often do you lay points in a game where the other team is better on both lines of scrimmage?

A few other factors.

1. Notre Dame has been a better road team than home team the last 2 years. I think it has to do with fewer distractions for ND when they are on the road (pre-game Mass, Friday night pep-rally, lining up tickets for your cousin, etc)

2. Tommy Rees has played really well against Michigan is his two appearances. 8 of 11 for 115 and a rushing TD last year. 27 of 39 for 315, 3 TDs and 2 INTs as a sophomore. Right before the ND defense shit the bed in 2011, Rees led them down field with less than 2 minutes on the clock to what could have been a game winning TD. He is a combined 35 for 50 (70%) with 4 TDs and 2 INTs against Michigan the last 2 years. I expect Rees to play well since he is a senior, just as virtually every QB gets better from his sophomore to his senior year. The first game against Temple gave me no reason to doubt that he will play well this season.

3. Michigan D-coordinator Greg Mattison - for over 2 years, the book has been written on how to beat Tommy Rees - rush 3 and drop 8. Rees can't beat you by scrambling and Kelly is too infatuated with throwing the football to run it down your throat. But Mattison is very aggressive. He can't help himself. He will blitz and stunt and zone blitz and Tommy Rees will make the right read and throw it to the hot receiver because he's smart and that's what he does.

HUNT what's happening my brother yeah it's 2 great team's or at least as far as winning it's 1 vs 2

remember when the football team raped a chick?

If you're talking about the 2002 case, you and the media have no fucking clue. I could enlighten you if you'd like. If you're referring to the most recent case, it was a single player that was accused, rather than the team as you claim. It's a sad and tragic event for sure, and I don't know what the truth is in this most recent case. However, Notre Dame doesn't have any part in the blame of this, and media outlets like the Washington Post are an embarrassment when "reporting" on this story. The University had preemptively removed the players in the former case, taking an accusation as truth. Of course, two acquittals, a reduced charge, and a dismissed charge later, the University realized they had failed the players, members of the ND family, by not thoroughly investigating the case prior to expulsion. Thus the University took an alternate stance with the most recent case, investigate prior to punishment. The Duke and previous Notre Dame incidents dictate this course of action. I'll get off my box now...sorry, I get fired up with regards to shit like this.

If you're talking about the 2002 case, you and the media have no fucking clue. I could enlighten you if you'd like. If you're referring to the most recent case, it was a single player that was accused, rather than the team as you claim. It's a sad and tragic event for sure, and I don't know what the truth is in this most recent case. However, Notre Dame doesn't have any part in the blame of this, and media outlets like the Washington Post are an embarrassment when "reporting" on this story. The University had preemptively removed the players in the former case, taking an accusation as truth. Of course, two acquittals, a reduced charge, and a dismissed charge later, the University realized they had failed the players, members of the ND family, by not thoroughly investigating the case prior to expulsion. Thus the University took an alternate stance with the most recent case, investigate prior to punishment. The Duke and previous Notre Dame incidents dictate this course of action. I'll get off my box now...sorry, I get fired up with regards to shit like this.

No worries man, i was talking about 2010 by the way. It was just some trash talk which i got back at me for michigan transgressions. The Duke case, PSU, ND 2002, the list goes on, the media chooses their victim and sucks their teeth on to them. I know this very very well from the last two years. Enjoy your Saturday!

Negative. Only games I might make this year are Oklahoma and/or BYU. Pondering a trip to Air Force as well.

Only way I would play is take points...

Hopefully another classic...and a Blue win in end...

Just saying we forget often what a real asshole this scumbag is. His comments about the rivalry were whack and he basically forced a kid to fall to his death. Dirtbag he is!
could not agree more with this. guy is a total asshole

Back