Miami vs Louisville

• Thread starter BIG DADDY KNOWLEDGE
  • Start date

B

BIG DADDY KNOWLEDGE

Ok guys, here we go again! Thanks to everyone that post on the Maryland vs WVU thread! money;

So lets get this game going. We have 2 days to get this game down.

Why will Miami cover the +4.5?
Or
Why will Louisville cover the -4.5?

Or
Why will it go over 52.5?
Or
Why will it go under 52.5?

Ill give my quick opinion on this game. When the line first came out i liked the cards the more i think about it the more i like miami. I am not that impressed with UL's offensive line and if you can put pressure on brohm you might be able to throw that offense out of rythm. The Cards lost 3 starters last year and have no depth. They havent played anyone yet so i think this will be a huge test. Miami has only been a dog twice the past 2 years and they are 2 - 0 SU and ATS.

I like that they get tyrone moss back.. I dont think UL has the athletes on D either. Wright should be able to feel comftorable and spread the ball out to olson and legget. This will be a good game though. If Coker loses he should be fired on the spot. But im taking the Miami ML :shake:

BDK,

MIAMI = $$$$

LOUIS is a very talented offense team. However, they have not seen a D like the one from the U.

Lovin the points here!!:drinking::cheers::wacka wacka:money;

-LOUISVILLE IS 0-11 AGAINST MIAMI
-MIAMI IS GIVING UP 11.5 PTS PER GAME
-MIAMI IS 7TH IN COUNTRY IN TOTAL DEFENSE
-MIAMI HAS BEEN DOGS 5 TIMES UNDER COKER AND HAVE SU WON THE GAME
-LOUISVILLE DEFENSE ALLOWS 19.55YDS PER RECEPTION THIS YEAR.
LOUISVILLE IS STILL JUST A REALLY GOOD
CONF. USA TEAM!

Guys lets not look into this game to much,the level of talent here is just like that WVU/MARYLAND game. Miami should win 7 maybe 8 out of 10 games between these two just on the talent level. Im not trying to make this a homer pick, but lets be real here. Miami should win the game SU but if they are going to give me +4.5:wacka wacka: Ill take IT!!!

HOLLA @ YOUR BOY

BDK

I disagree completely...this is one of the biggest games in U of L history...the Cards are freaking money in the pizza palace...the talent is much better now than two years ago in Miami, and the Cardinals dominated that game, up 24-7 at the half....

Miami's offensive gameplanes and execution have just been horrendous...w/ five returning offensive starters, they just havent' shown the ability to execute, esp under the new staff...still a work in progress seemingly...even w/out Bush, L'ville has one of the most productive schemes offensively out there, and they WILL score points...I don't see Miami being able to keep up...

You can say they don't have the athletes, but Petrino has put together some good classes and these kids aren't MAC athletes...

and don't forget REVENGE for the one that got away...all signs point to Lville..

Are we judging Miamis lack of offense based on FSU's Defense? Im pretty sure there are at least 9 nfl players on FSU's D. THere might be 1 or 2 on the cards. Their starting rb was also out. No Miami doesnt score 40+ like they use to, but they wont get dominated like they were against the noles.
I do agree this is a big game for UL. Much bigger for them than for Miami.. but I think UL's numbers are misleading considering they beat down UK and temple. :shake:

I have to lean on the U now too... too much speed and talent on defense and I think that will give their O some good field position... a few turnovers here and there and Miami squeaks it out. Louisville is money at home because they never play anyone half decent.

I think they NEED Bush... without him the running game will be stuffed... UL's defense is NOTHING like that of FSU's... Miami should be able to get some time and get the offense in motion... debating if I'm going to play this though. It's my boy Tim Sullivan's of the NYPOST Best Bet (6-0 this season... so we'll see)

abcs--thelegend said:
Are we judging Miamis lack of offense based on FSU's Defense? Im pretty sure there are at least 9 nfl players on FSU's D. THere might be 1 or 2 on the cards. Their starting rb was also out. No Miami doesnt score 40+ like they use to, but they wont get dominated like they were against the noles.
I do agree this is a big game for UL. Much bigger for them than for Miami.. but I think UL's numbers are misleading considering they beat down UK and temple. :shake:

I'm basing it on the fact that they haven't been able to score for two years....that's why every coordinator on offense got the shit can...

05- 7 vs FSU, 23 vs COL, 27 vs SFLA, 27 vs VT, 10 vs GT, 25 vs UVA, 3 vs LSU...

L'ville avg's 600 yds offense a game...Miami 350, w/ the FSU game thrown in, no doubt...but the Cards are good for 450 or 500 here...they put up 500 in Miami...

Miami scored enough to win this game twice last year...vs Duke and Wake..

Are we not talking competition both ways...we can do numbers. we can do yards..

I don't see them scoring enough here.

Ok ill look at last years teams that the high power cards played..
They played UK -- South Florida -- Oregon St - Florida Atlantic -- UNC -West va -- Cincy -- Pitt - Rutgers -- Syracuse -- Uconn

Im pretty sure none of those teams are what you call defensive juggernauts.. In fact i am willing to bet none were in the top 50 ( maybe besides uconn)

THey played Va tech in the bowl game .. yes without Brohm but only scored 24 ( Miami put up 27 against that same D).

Im just saying lets not be enamored by their offense. Yes I think Brohm is a top 5 pick.. But who from last years schedule has a descent defense??

The one factor that will keep me off this game is this: Louisville should win and cover, BUT Miami, and Coker, are very desperate for a win here. You might even go as far to say that this will be the telling game as to whether Coker keeps his job, or loses it and Miami drops off the radar.

Desperation can sometimes lead to great things, or ruin.

No play for me.

SoonerBS said:
The one factor that will keep me off this game is this: Louisville should win and cover, BUT Miami, and Coker, are very desperate for a win here. You might even go as far to say that this will be the telling game as to whether Coker keeps his job, or loses it and Miami drops off the radar.

Desperation can sometimes lead to great things, or ruin.

No play for me.

That is true den...esp after the loss already....but L'ville is a "on the cusp" program...I don't think u can argue one team needs it more than the other...

Petrino is salivating to take that next step...this is that step.

JumpOnBoard said:
That is true den...esp after the loss already....but L'ville is a "on the cusp" program...I don't think u can argue one team needs it more than the other...

Petrino is salivating to take that next step...this is that step.

True, very true. :cheers:

I agree that this is a make or break game for petrino. Huge Huge game for his program. But I also like the trend when Miamis is a dog.. I really think Kyle wright will take the next step and step up..
i think miami is 5 - 0 SU under coker as a dog.. They are also 7 - 2 SU on the road against ranked teams.

Why is this one of the biggest games in UOFL history? 2 yrs ago was suppose to be one of the biggest games in UOFL history. Your exactly right they were up 24-7 @ the half in that game but they still lost 38-41.

yes they do have the 5 starters back and they have played 2 games so its was only one game that there off did not execute against a #9 team in the country because in there second game they put up 563 total yards.
Louisville put up all these yards and points up on the 67th (Kentucky) and 119 out of 119th (Temple) Miami needs this win just as bad as Louisville. The revenge factor is always there and I belive in that but also history repeats it self and if Miami is 11- 0 against the Cards so Im going to go with the better team here. Louisville biggest game this year will be against WVU in a couple of weeks for the BIG EAST bid

This is a school thing here...

Miami could lose this game and really fall from national recognition as being a top BCS school.

The whole program may be shattered badly if the Canes lose.

L'ville on the other hand is gettting better each year when playing BCS level competition.

If there are "devels in stripes" for this game, then everything will be done to help the Canes win.

There is only one question in this game that matters and needs to be answered.

Which defense will show up for the Hurricanes? A BCS level "D" - or one that belongs in the bottom feeder group!

I'll make my decision later on who I feel will cash this number.

:shake:

I just think there are definitely some better games on the card here. Watch this game, play another one.

"Watch this game, play another one."

den, you know I can't do that.

:smiley_abve:
Agree with you totally. That's the smart thing to do.

I do agree this is a big game for UL. Much bigger for them than for Miami..

This is a huge game for Miami. Here they are the big bad Canes going to a lowly BE school and are underdogs! They do not want that on them. They also don't want to go 1-2. When was the last time you have seen that?

Losing Bush is not that big of a problem for U of L against Temple's and UK's, but against a Miami it will be a huge factor. The back that is starting, George Stripling, is 6' 190 lbs. Not the 6' 2" 250 lb Bush that can fall forward for 3-4 yards at will. Stripling will have a very hard time finding + yardage up the middle and find it difficult trying to beat the Canes to the corner.

If Bush was in there I would take UL, no Bush and with that comes pressure on the QB makes me sway towards Miami.

This could help Stripling a bit w/ those yards up the middle...

Miami tackle Youngblood out with ankle injury

Associated Press

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami left tackle Reggie Youngblood will not play against No. 12 Louisville on Saturday because of an ankle injury.

Youngblood, who will not travel with the team to Louisville, sprained his ankle in Miami's season-opening loss to Florida State, but he had hoped to recover in time for the Hurricanes' game the Cardinals.

Freshman Jason Fox could start at left tackle; sophomore Chris Rutledge got the start there last weekend in Miami's 51-10 win over Florida A&M.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

UL is one of my favorite plays of the year so far.

Don't let the Cane name fool ya.

GL to all. Good discussion thread.

Keep it coming!!

So everyone on Louisville, what do you think is going to be the final score?

From Da Ville

This from a Season ticket holder to the Pizza Box... And will be there tomorrow. And have made a killing of the Cards this year...

I agree with all of you... somewhat... Louisville has yet to face a defense with the likes of Miami.

First, let me say this. Yes, Louisville has had 4 key injuries this year. One being Bush, Heisman candidate. Secondly, they still have the best offense in the country. Third, their team has been zip lipped all week. Also, please remember that 40-50% of the Cards players are from the sunshine state.

Miami has maybe the fastest defense in the country. This will give the Cards issues. Esp, with UL younger OL. UL has to establish the running game. If Stripling can bust an early run for 10+ yards, then it is over. If not, then it could be over.

UL has not used its main threat all year in hopes of this game. Urruitia is the Cards main deep man averaging astronomical numbers per catch. Brohms timing has been off all year, but will try to squeeze it in there to him early and often. Look for Super Mario to catch 5-6 passes on crossing patterns. Get him over top the linebackers in the open field and he has a chance to take it to the house.

Cards defense is definitely down. Miami's offense never was up. I have been playing 8-10 units per game either on UL or UL/over or UL's opponent and over all year. And I will continue to do so. I figure it is a double or nothing situation most of the time. Just for future notes for all you degenerates.

This week tends to be different. I am not sure the Cards can strike early with the running game. Also, the Cards were so terribly defensively last year because their kickoff team ranked in the bottom 20% of 1A. Generally most teams started on average on their own 35. That is 15 yds too many. This year they are better, but probably not up to par. If Miami wins, it wins on Kick returns and two interceptions.

No kick run backs and no pix, then forget about it. Cards walk away by 17 pts and possibly play W. Virginia to get into the Nat'l Championship.

So, imho, miami wins with DST or they lose with DST. Miami will score 24-30. The question is, does UL score more? Doesn't matter.

Smart money takes the over. If the Cards cover, then the over is for sure. If Miami covers, then that means the Cards has more offensive chances to put the biscuit in the basket.

My play, Over for 1 unit. and Cards for 1 unit (just because). I just can't bet that Miami's QB is good enough to throw one close enough to intercept. And I can't bet that Brohm is going to throw 2 pix.

But, smart money buys the $6 beers at the Pizza box and just watches the game. From Da Ville, watch and wish... Better than play and pay.:drinking:

Also, never forget

The King Rex hails from da ville. He knows them as well as he knows the MAC. He lays off, statement made. Although, I think maybe that sunshine got to him last week. I busted the over for 10 units and them for 10 units. Covered me for the first few weeks.

Just note... Take out WVU and Miami, play UL to score 45-50 each game. Other team generally only needs to score a TD to cover. Also, Hunter Cantwell will be playing almost all 4th quarters for da ville. Note this... He is one of the top 30 passing QB's in the country with this offense. He will look to post his numbers so he can be like LaFor's his senior year. Good like a cadalliac northstar, but driving a Ferrari offense that might get his name called the second day.

Hardball you almost had this game right! If the Canes dont win this game SU they will cover the points, that why the I got it @ +4.5 if the canes dont win they cover the 31-27 score and I win on the HOOKmoney;

HOLLA @ YOUR BOY

BDK

From Da Ville

Good luck Daddy. I am probably more confused now than when I started. Will definitely be intoximicated and drunkered. Will be getting to pizza box at 9:00 am. Hope to see history. Might see nothing but the back of my eyelids by gametime.:wacka wacka:

By the way... Keep waiting... I think with all these "expert" analysis, the spread might be 5-5.5 by game time. Forget the hook, get a point for free.

Rexy going to be on U of L for sure....we've talked about this game and agree..

Thx for the info Hardball...much appreciated..

Back