Miami Oh at Buffalo

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Data><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" vAlign=top width="50%">Here's some trends to start...</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px" vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 10px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=statsHeaderRow colSpan=6>BETTING TRENDS

</TD></TR><TR class=statsSubHeaderRow><TD class=statsSubHeader width="100%">MIAMI (OHIO)</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Miami (Ohio) is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games </TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Miami (Ohio) is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games on the road</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Miami (Ohio) is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Miami (Ohio)'s last 9 games on the road</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Miami (Ohio) is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Buffalo</TD></TR><TR class=statsSubHeaderRow><TD class=statsSubHeader width="100%">BUFFALO</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Buffalo is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games </TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo's last 6 games </TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Buffalo is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Buffalo is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo's last 5 games at home</TD></TR><TR class=statsBlock><TD width="100%">Buffalo is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Miami (Ohio)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Really undecided on this game. Line currently sitting at Buffalo -8.5...

Buffalo definitely has the better running game, and DiMichelle looked good after shaking the rust off in the first 3 Quarters of last week's game against Ohio.

Get this though...dating back to 1999, Buffalo has not won once against Miami OH! That's 0-9 SU in their last nine meetings! If I were Turner Gil, I would have that posted up all over the locker room!

I want to bet on the Bulls, but...laying 8.5? If the line were under a TD, I'd be all over 'em.

I am of the belief that there is generally little value in laying over a td in a MAC conference game. In no hurry to bet miami oh .... in fact , i won't be ...but gun to my head it would be a redhawk bet.

this line is out of whack in my opinion, Buff could cover but it smells like a back door. I'll be back with more

Really undecided on this game. Line currently sitting at Buffalo -8.5...

Buffalo definitely has the better running game, and DiMichelle looked good after shaking the rust off in the first 3 Quarters of last week's game against Ohio.

Get this though...dating back to 1999, Buffalo has not won once against Miami OH! That's 0-9 SU in their last nine meetings! If I were Turner Gil, I would have that posted up all over the locker room!

I want to bet on the Bulls, but...laying 8.5? If the line were under a TD, I'd be all over 'em.

Aztech, I believe you have the QB's mixed up. DiMichelle plays for Temple.

The Buffalo QB is Drew Willy who is having a great year.

I am on buffalo, posted this writeup in my thread:

Buffalo -8
I was holding out to see if I could get this at even TD but I don't think its going to happen. I jumped on Buffalo last week on the road and they delivered. Now I get them at home in a game where I think they have all the motivation in the world to win. Buffalo is currently tied for 1st in the MAC East, they are 3-1 at home, and they are playing a Miami Ohio team who they have NEVER beaten and if I am wrong on that, they haven't beaten them in the last 10 years. A bowl and a date in the conference championship are still in sights. What exactly does Miami Ohio have to play for in a tuesday night game they have to go on the road for? A big reason why Buffalo won last week was the return of RB Joe Starks who rushed for 180yds on 30 carries and 2 TD.. Buffalo went on to rush for a season high of 277yds last week and 3 TD..Miami has a defense that allows 173ypg on the ground, good for 7th in the MAC. Buffalo QB Drew Willy continues to play stellar and in the end, Buffalo is the better team, they are at home, they have more to play for, they are very well coached, and they haven't beaten MOH.

Buffalo wins by 14-17pts

Here is a writeup from Broadwayjoe who is on MOH

buff has been very impressive all season. i was on em last week and faded miami vs kent, so i realize miami has some major weaknesses. however, i like the way the offensive changes have made an impact. of course there will be some growing pains, but i like belton, and i like a few of the other younger guys they have placed into that offense. taylor has been running the ball well and some young receivers are emerging. they were just in the wrong place vs kent and matched up pretty bad. buffalo has a solid running game as kent does, but it's different. it's a lot different type of team. and i think the miami defense matches up a lot better to this type of offense. i don't expect miami to turn the ball over SIX times as they did vs kent, and i expect them to be able to score some points. buff has made major strides and are very well coached and just a solid all around football team. i've liked them most of the year, but there are certain spots that make sense from a line perspective because what they have accomplished, but just don't think they're ready to lay these kind of points in conference (which is why i faded them vs temple). i mean, miami was a favorite to win the east division of the mac, and they have arguably a better offense now. if you can look past the kent game, the previous two games they played better and more competitively on the road in conference games. the bg game was undoubtedly their most complete game of the year, and showed a flash of what they're capable of. that was the time they started making some of these offensive changes. if the defense can live up to their expectations, they still have a shot at going to the mac championship if they win here...

Miami University (2-6) at Buffalo (4-4), 7:30 EST Tuesday, Nov. 4
Why to watch: With last week's 32-19 win over Ohio, Buffalo stayed alive for the MAC title and is currently tied atop the East standings with Akron. The Bulls get the Zips next week, but first, they have to get by a tremendously disappointing Miami team that was supposed to be the class of the division going into the season. The RedHawks appeared to be on the verge of turning things around after a nice 27-20 win over Bowling Green, and then came a 54-21 clunker to Kent State. The defense has been mediocre and the offense a disaster, but a win over Buffalo would keep the division title hopes alive.
Why Miami might win: Buffalo has shown decent balance, but it prefers to travel through the air. Miami's run defense has big problems against spread quarterbacks, but Buffalo's Drew Willy isn't going to move while the secondary should keep the Bull passing game in check. The UB line play has occasionally been a disaster with little pass rush and not enough consistency from the offensive side.
Why Buffalo might win: The Miami offense isn't working. The passing game has had its moments, but the ground attack hasn't shown up this year. Starting RB Thomas Merriweather is coming back from an ankle injury, and J.R. Taylor and Andre Bratton haven't been bad, but UB will take its chances if MU wants to run the ball. The biggest issue should be turnovers. Miami doesn't force takeaways, and has turned it over 18 times so far, while Buffalo is ninth in the nation in turnover margin.
Who to watch: Buffalo RB James Starks is going to try to gut it out through a turf toe problem. The MAC's second leading rusher was iffy for the Ohio game, and he came out and tore off 185 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries, and he's sure to get the bulk of the workload again until the RedHawks can prove they can stop the run. Kent State ran for 305 yards and six touchdowns last week.
What will happen: Miami is better than it has been playing, but its underwhelming season will unofficially come to a close as UB veteran QB Drew Willy will be ultra-efficient against a RedHawk D spending all its time trying to stop Starks.
CFN Prediction: Buffalo 27 ... Miami Univ. 20 ... Line: Buffalo -8

nice reads still uncertain, sounds like Redhawks are pretty bad......... Defense seems to be pretty bad

nice reads still uncertain, sounds like Redhawks are pretty bad......... Defense seems to be pretty bad

defense started the year very highly touted, especially at LB.. They have competed some but appear to have given up in a couple... I had large play on Buffalo lw and have followed them pretty closely. This spot is tough..

I made it under a TD, so lean Miami... Not sure I can make it a play. though.. Looking more now.

situationallly I would also think Miami.. Need to read some local stuff to see how they reacted after lw..

defense started the year very highly touted, especially at LB.. They have competed some but appear to have given up in a couple... I had large play on Buffalo lw and have followed them pretty closely. This spot is tough..

I made it under a TD, so lean Miami... Not sure I can make it a play. though.. Looking more now.

situationallly I would also think Miami.. Need to read some local stuff to see how they reacted after lw..

Tee Dub

any thought on the total

I started to line up the boxscores and then I said WTF.

This is the WAC MAC.

CMU is 96th in rush offense and they outrushed Buffalo 208-66. Army outrushed Buffalo 320-41. Yet Buffalo has shown to be a physical team that usually wins the rush battle in most of their contests.

Miami OH actually has been pretty consistent actually. Played NIU and Temple both tuff, Temple score deceiving.

Consistent until LW vs. a bad Kent team. And really Kent gets points on most ppl but Kent doesn't stop the other team. Miami OH offense I just don't think is as dynamic as others in the MAC, but giving up 54 to Kent is atrocious their resume says they couldn't of been there mentally.

Kent was between BG and this Buffalo game on espn.

-----Also note Buffalo won the TO battle in Athens last week 5-1. Buffalo has been pretty pourus in pass defense on the season as a whole not sure if Belton can take advantage of that or not.

Belton has a slow release but Buffalo is 116th in sacks he should have time to throw.

----I really think Miami OH if you take away last week's performance is an underrated team. They were overvalued coming into this season. They don't have Terne Nande or John Busing at linebacker or half the talent they did during the Roethlisberger days. Some of the corners off that team are in the NFL now as is Busing with the Bengals and Nande is the freak athlete he bounced around some camps.

Miami was dominated LY vs. Colorado and Vandy.

They put up a much better effort statistically against the Commodores this year save special teams turnovers.

Played even with Michigan and Miami moved it Nati just couldn't stop Pike.

----Buffalo is a solid all around good football team as well. Gill gets extra days to prepare for this one.

But I think Miami's dissapointing effort last week sets them up nicely and these teams are alot more alike than they are different, both very similar styles of how they play. Take the points.

---Also think NIU can give Ball State a game this Saturday. Ball State has not been tested yet. They will be it's a matter of when. NIU at home, that defense is best in MAC. NIU will come at Ball State weakness, rush defense.

I started to line up the boxscores and then I said WTF.

This is the WAC MAC.

CMU is 96th in rush offense and they outrushed Buffalo 208-66. Army outrushed Buffalo 320-41. Yet Buffalo has shown to be a physical team that usually wins the rush battle in most of their contests.

Miami OH actually has been pretty consistent actually. Played NIU and Temple both tuff, Temple score deceiving.

Consistent until LW vs. a bad Kent team. And really Kent gets points on most ppl but Kent doesn't stop the other team. Miami OH offense I just don't think is as dynamic as others in the MAC, but giving up 54 to Kent is atrocious their resume says they couldn't of been there mentally.

Kent was between BG and this Buffalo game on espn.

-----Also note Buffalo won the TO battle in Athens last week 5-1. Buffalo has been pretty pourus in pass defense on the season as a whole not sure if Belton can take advantage of that or not.

Belton has a slow release but Buffalo is 116th in sacks he should have time to throw.

----I really think Miami OH if you take away last week's performance is an underrated team. They were overvalued coming into this season. They don't have Terne Nande or John Busing at linebacker or half the talent they did during the Roethlisberger days. Some of the corners off that team are in the NFL now as is Busing with the Bengals and Nande is the freak athlete he bounced around some camps.

Miami was dominated LY vs. Colorado and Vandy.

They put up a much better effort statistically against the Commodores this year save special teams turnovers.

Played even with Michigan and Miami moved it Nati just couldn't stop Pike.

----Buffalo is a solid all around good football team as well. Gill gets extra days to prepare for this one.

But I think Miami's dissapointing effort last week sets them up nicely and these teams are alot more alike than they are different, both very similar styles of how they play. Take the points.

---Also think NIU can give Ball State a game this Saturday. Ball State has not been tested yet. They will be it's a matter of when. NIU at home, that defense is best in MAC. NIU will come at Ball State weakness, rush defense.

I believe Buffalo played the Army and CMU games without Starks though, a major piece to their rushing game. Buffalo has turned the ball over just 9 times all year, they don't beat themselves. I think having never beat Miami, Ohio is A LOT of motivation for the Buffs too.

I believe Buffalo played the Army and CMU games without Starks though, a major piece to their rushing game. Buffalo has turned the ball over just 9 times all year, they don't beat themselves. I think having never beat Miami, Ohio is A LOT of motivation for the Buffs too

Starks will help and Buffalo has been winning the turnover battle all year. I think Buffalo is the better team on the whole and that's why they will have a better record to end the year. Both teams will be ready to play this game I'm not sure these kids care too much about the history with Miami Oh, all they care about is the present.

I think Buffalo could win this easily but I see it playing out like the Temple game did for Buffalo.

EDIT: Not a game I'm high on but a little side action.

I bought buffalo down to -7 when my local opened it at 7.5 yesterday. There's two things I looked at for this play Buffalo's ability to run the ball (getting better every week) and takeaways. This is a recipe for success against a struggling Miami team. Miami has owned this matchup but this is a different Buffalo team.

fellas, good stuff, but i just want to reiterate that i don't think miami is going to be too down because of that awful loss. they could certainly not cover, but i doubt motivation will be the reason why.

the mac east is still there for the taking, and this game would be huge for them. they know that akron has a decent shot of losing and is very beatable as well...they will be geared up for this game, and have actually been more competitive on the road for whatever reason.

"I think we're OK," Montgomery said. "You worry about guys getting really frustrated, discouraged, because they've worked so hard and haven't gotten good results. If you're 6-2 right now, it's very easy to look forward to practice every day.
"I told our guys our goals are still out there, the way our division has been this year," he added.
Despite everything, Miami remains only one game behind MAC East Division co-leaders Akron and Buffalo.
"I would worry if I felt they had given up on the season," Montgomery said of his players, "but from what I've seen every day, we're in good shape, and I would expect it to be that way. We've got a good group of kids."

this is from buffalo newspaper................Miami (Ohio) (2-6, 1-3) at UB (4-4, 2-2)Time: 7:30 p.m. TV: ESPN2. Radio: 1230 AM. Line: UB by 8Miami: Won share of East Division championship a year ago. .?.?. Has won all 10 meetings against UB. .?.?. Had six turnovers in last game, a 54-21 loss to Kent State. UB: QB Drew Willy is 283 yards shy of school record for passing yards in a career. .?.?. A win over Miami would clinch a winning record at home. .?.?. Of the Bulls' 18 takeaways, CB Domonic Cook has a had a hand in seven.Miami might win if ? It limits its turnovers. Turnovers have been a bugaboo for the RedHawks all season and the reason why, despite returning 17 starters, they have just two wins. If Miami can establish its running game and QB Clay Belton can limit his turnovers, the RedHawks could make things interesting. UB might win if ? It can continue running the ball with Starks. He was very successful at Ohio when he gained a season-high 185 yards and rushed for 148 yards last year at Miami. The Bulls' pass protection had been sub-par and Willy was simply getting hit too much, but that wasn't the case against Ohio. Outlook: The Bulls beat Miami for the first time and take sole possession of first place in the MAC's East Division.Prediction: UB 42, Miami 21.

During the preseason, Miami (Ohio) and the University at Buffalo seemed headed for an early November clash that would help decide the Mid-American Conference?s East Division. The RedHawks were picked to finish second behind Bowling Green and UB third, but all is a little more subdued now. Inconsistent play by Miami has stripped some of the luster from the game and while the Bulls are tied for first place in the division, the RedHawks are one loss away from being eliminated from bowl consideration. So tonight at UB Stadium, UB (4-4, 2-2 MAC) will try to continue its quest for a postseason berth while Miami (2-6, 1-3) tries to salvage its season. ?I don?t know if we?re spoilers yet because we?re not out of the race,? said Miami coach Shane Montgomery. ?It?s still wide open in the East so we?re not even talking about the role of spoiler because we still have a lot to play for.? Indeed, the MAC East is up for grabs with five teams still in contention. UB and Akron are tied for first with 2-2 records, followed by Bowling Green and Temple at 2-3 and Miami at 1-3. Kent State and Ohio University are tied for last place at 1-4. But Miami, which has lost four of its last five games, has struggled since the beginning of the season. The RedHawks opened with back-to-back losses to Vanderbilt and Michigan before beating Charleston Southern. They were dealt consecutive losses by Cincinnati, Temple and Northern Illinois before finally beating Bowling Green on the road. But in its last game, Miami was trounced at home by Kent State, 54-21. ?You never know what?s going to happen in the Mid-American Conference,? said UB coach Turner Gill. ?There?s such competitiveness from top to bottom.? The RedHawks had issues at quarterback. They started with junior Daniel Raudabaugh but after he began the season with four touchdowns and five interceptions, Montgomery switched to heralded red-shirt freshman Clay Belton, who many RedHawks fans were clamoring to see last year. Tonight is the third start for Belton, who has thrown for 461 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. ?He?s doesn?t have to go in there and win the game for us, he just has to manage our offense,? Montgomery said. ?I think we have enough guys around him and we?ve been running the ball somewhat effectively the last few weeks so he can turn to that when he needs to.? Miami?s biggest problem, Montgomery said, has been lack of scoring and turnover margin. The RedHawks are averaging a conference low 18.5 points and just 320.2 yards on offense, which ranks 12th in the league. In eight games, the RedHawks have 18 turnovers and just eight takeaways. ?We turn it over too much but it?s been in spurts, we?ll have three or four games where we don?t have any,? Montgomery said. ?In the Vanderbilt game, we had three to start the season, the Temple game we had four and then last week we had six. When you turn the ball over that much, you lose a lot of scoring opportunities.? Turnovers become more of a problem when playing an opponent like the Bulls, who lead the league in turnover margin at plus-nine. ?The ball?s on the ground a lot, and we got the majority of those,? Gill said. ?That puts a big smile on my face when I see that happen.? A win over Miami will do the same. Miami has won all 10 games between the schools, including last season?s 31-28 win in Ohio, which ended the Bulls? bowl hopes. That fact isn?t lost on UB. ?We?re trying to get somewhere, we?re trying to get to a MAC championship and to a bowl game,? said junior tailback James Starks. ?Our focus is not that this is a TV game, it?s basically to get to where we want to go and that?s the MAC championship.?

You're absolutely right. That's what happens when I go post crazy at 2 am. LOL

Willy has looked good all year. But, even with Willy, 8.5 still feels like alot.

Anyone have SI or Line Tracker percentage on this game.

The line is at 9 and might hit 9.5 by game time.....might make a play on Miami just because it's the MAC and none of these teams should be laying close to double digits in divisional games.

Last week, Miami had 6 turnovers that directly resulted in Kent St. points. I've doubted they do that again tonight.

Just wanted to remind everyone of the Tuesday under trend for night games.. I see buffalo grinding out a run game today..

weather is perfect and a nationally televised game (first for UB). Never trust UB when favored by 7+, but I do like the under in a 24-20 type of game.:smiley_acbe:

wouldnt surprised to see a circus of a game here with both sides making dumb mistakes. Dont expect to not be frustrated if you pick a side for this one.

thats no dilemma, before and after

My hero...I don't know what I was thinking. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Redhawks are 10-0 SU in the last 10 against buffalo, and 9-0 since they joined the MAC

time for buffalo to get revenge, at home on national TV. big statement game

miami OH rush D is horrible giving up 173 ypg. buffalo dominates the trenches and runs all over them tonight

I'll be surprised if they completely dominate the trenches; they have one of the worst DL's in the MAC.

I'll be surprised if they completely dominate the trenches; they have one of the worst DL's in the MAC.

That may be true but I'm looking for the RS-Frosh to play below average on the road and keeping their offense pedestrian. Buffalo should establish the run early and let Drew do his thing later

Maybe so ETG, but these MAC venues are an absolute joke...no intimidation factor whatsoever.

I'm gonna go take your advice now...back in a bit.

comment was geared more towards the OL, rather then both sides of the ball

just think buffalo should have their way running on miami, and be able to manage the game and dominate the time of possession.

horses i'm about to join ya, just finished mastering the dutch, i could win a gold in the olympics for my talents

What worries me is the Buffalo coach, he tends to coast to victory rather than put the nail in the coffin. Laying 9 with an iffy "D" and a conservative play calling coach is hard to do.

going with Mia Oh, seems like everyone is in love over at Blankets with Buff, % is high on spread and ML for buff , yet the line has dipped slightly from earlier today. Grabbed Mia Oh +8.5 and ML +285, small play on under also. GL with whatever you play tonight. :cheers:

I could understand why the ML has dipped a bit.

Miami has beaten them the last 10 times these 2 have met.

But buffalo is a much improved team then the buffalo of the past.

Didn't put a write-up in my thread, but my opinion is Miami(OH) will be able to move the ball with relative success on the ground which should give Belton a few opportunities for big plays. On the other side, I don't see Miami(OH) having near as tough a time as last week stopping the run. Edelman contributed to much of that success and definiatley don't see Willy doing that. Going with Buffalo by a 1. 24-23

ouch.

thats actually what i did, woulda rather not known he had the same thinking.

fuck lang.

Opps...sorry bro! It was in referencing to when he was on the radio and I think Wizard made a thread that he teased the Texas/Tech total with 10 points. Look out the bright side...IT did hit!!

GL to ya....:cheers:

hahah, hes an idiot then (as if we didnt already know this)

teasing totals is one of the stupidest things u can do

horses i'm about to join ya, just finished mastering the dutch, i could win a gold in the olympics for my talents

Right on 'bro...coming up on 4:20 here so I'm ahead of schedule.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Back