Mayweather - De La Hoya Fight

c.r.e.a.m.

Pretty much a regular
Personally, I'm leaning and rooting for a big De La Hoya win. It's seldom that you see the Golden Boy as an underdog and looking at his training, I say he's beginning to get his form back.

Thoughts and inputs welcome!!!

Cheers!!!

MAAYYWEAAAAAAAAATHHHERRRR

I'm probably the only Mayweather fan you'll find on this board though lol...seems like EVERYONE hates him

I think he takes out Oscar by decision...but that's just me, I'd love to see a KO though

Probably wouldn't bet this though...

I love the guy Captain. Defintly my favorite boxer. I just seem to enjoy the arrogance for some reason. Roy Jones was my favorite before Floyd. Have you got a chance to check out the 24/7 on HBO yet. Its some good shit. Mayweather is one cocky M'fer. I love it though.
Mayweather by Decision

I will say this though De la Hoya is training his ass off and seems to be in great shape. I could see an upset possibly happening but I doubt it. I think whoever wins though its gonna be by decision

Haha, glad to see there's another Mayweather fan...maybe I'll make a poll on here to see how many people want Mayweather...how many want De La Hoya...actually, I'll make that now

On a side note, I hope people keep pounding Mayweather down...I'd LOVE to get say -150 on him (although it's unlikely)

After watching the HBO special Mayweather makes you want to root against him. He talks shit like this before every fight and then after he wins comes out and says he didnt mean any of it and only said it to promote the fight.

Mayweather is pound for pound the best fighter in the world and is in his prime.

DE la hoya is very experienced and a great championship fighter who will be coming off a great camp with the help of Sugar Shane to try and match mayweathers speed.

This is a very tough fight to pick but with a lot of de la hoya fans out there mayweather wont be to crazy of a favorite to make me lay off the fight.

Mayweather wins in a decision after 12 great rounds of boxing

Mayweather will probably kill De La Hoya but he is being portrayed as the biggest piece of shit in this HBO 24/7 show.

The fact that Mosley is sparring with De La Hoya is huge. Should be a great fight.

<TABLE class=structure cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top>EVERYONE IS TALKING... ON MAY 5TH THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE WATCHING

It's the fight everyone is talking about. On May 5th the whole world will be watching. De La Hoya -- Mayweather: The World Awaits.

It will be an unprecedented super fight between two boxing superstars and former Olympians, an event poised to shatter records. Golden Boy Promotions announces, The World Awaits--six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya versus unbeaten, four-division world champion Floyd Mayweather--for the junior middleweight championship. The anticipated match-up will take place Saturday, May 5 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas and will be broadcast live on HBO Pay-Per-View.

<TABLE class=lg_console cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Bio/Record De La HoyaBio/Record MayweatherDiscuss this FightTale of The TapeDownload the Scorecard</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah Im starting to think for whatever reason that HBO hates Pretty Boy. He is being portrayed as the biggest SOB in the boxing world. I personally love the swagger and the arrogance. It should be a great fight though. 12 rounds and Mayweather wins. Im gonna bet a shit ton on it too. Im hoping the price drops like a ton of bricks soon

Signalcaller- Im with you man i am also hoping the price drops as much as possible for this fight. The fact that mayweather looks like such an ass on HBO is helping us out a lot, a lot of people are gonna bet de la hoya just because they dont like mayweather after watching the HBO special.

Mayweather wins a decision after 12 rounds of great boxing

K- im giving you my insight, because frankly, it matters. I'm a boxer, and im around the boxing world all the time.

They are promoting this fight soooo goood.. and tricking you.

they are promoting this to be the fight of the century, bla bla, they show de la hoya training his ass off preparing to fight his greatest fight.

Too bad he won't.. He's old and lost more than a step.

"the world awaits" "and everybodys watching" equivalates to "were making so much money off you suckers"

They just want this to portray as the greatest matchup so everyone pays to watch, pays to bet, and so on.. they are making sooo much money of the naive consumer its not even funny..

MAYWEATHER ROLLS over inferior competition aka de la hoya

Also a huge Mayweather fan. Just hope it doesn't come to a scorecard.
DelaHoya fight, DelaHoya Promotion, DelaHoya Picks the Judges?
We all know anything can happen in boxing.

K- im giving you my insight, because frankly, it matters. I'm a boxer, and im around the boxing world all the time.

They are promoting this fight soooo goood.. and tricking you.

they are promoting this to be the fight of the century, bla bla, they show de la hoya training his ass off preparing to fight his greatest fight.

Too bad he won't.. He's old and lost more than a step.

"the world awaits" "and everybodys watching" equivalates to "were making so much money off you suckers"

They just want this to portray as the greatest matchup so everyone pays to watch, pays to bet, and so on.. they are making sooo much money of the naive consumer its not even funny..

MAYWEATHER ROLLS over inferior competition aka de la hoya

spot on bro

Also a huge Mayweather fan. Just hope it doesn't come to a scorecard.
DelaHoya fight, DelaHoya Promotion, DelaHoya Picks the Judges?
We all know anything can happen in boxing.

so true..lol..I don;t think it will get that far

Floyd/Oscar May 5th

Don't post too much on here but I read almost everybody's posts. My plane out of Detroit leaves at 6:40 saturday morning for my first ever trip to Vegas. Safe to say I havn't been more excited for anything in my life. Am a little dissappointed in the lack of boxing/kentucky derby talk around here. This weekend with baseball/nba playoffs/nhl hockey/kentucky derby and this big fight make it one of the best sports weekends of the year minus a few in the fall. I've been in love with Floyd for awhile now. Just hard to go against his record and his confidence. I'm gonna throw about 30-40% of my bankroll on floyd at this point. The question is, which way does everyone expect the line to move on Saturday, cause I figure I won't be able to place a bet till about 1-2pm Vegas time. Just wondering what type of line I might get. Also, how do online offshores lines compare to what you'll find in LV? Any info is only gonna pump me up more. Which is fine by me. :smiley_acbe:

Just read an article on Covers and the "boxing analyst" said that he expects it to get pounded down to about 170 or 165 come fight time. Im hoping it comes down on WSEX cause its at -200 right now. I still think this could be the easiest bet I will ever place.

Just threw down $185 to win $100 on Mayweather. While I'm satisfied with the price I paid, I just looked at the HBO schedule, and the whole 24/7 series will run again tonight (Fri.) It ends at 10PM EST. With all the pro-de la Hoya hype this show provides, you could end up seeing the best value overnight, when the public, with the show still fresh on their minds, starts coming in on de la Hoya. Each week, the show has brought more value to Mayweather and the whole series wrapped up, could push Mayweather down even more. The overnight hours could be the best time to get this line because that's probably when the public will affect the line the most. Saturday, you'll probably get pros/sharps/and everyone in between affecting the line.

Also, not much of a bar-goer, but does anyone know of Boston bars that may be televising the fight? I'm thinking the Landsdowne venues, but I can't really say for sure.

Mayweather will probably kill De La Hoya but he is being portrayed as the biggest piece of shit in this HBO 24/7 show.

The fact that Mosley is sparring with De La Hoya is huge. Should be a great fight.

exactly, horn.

de la hoya is training like a mo-fo. and he knows he's gotta be able to deal with speed.

and i agree...mayweather is a punk. but i think he prolly wins.

bottom line...until oscar shows me he has heart again, i can't believe it.

Still waiting for this price to go down. I think if it doesnt go down by about noon tommorow Im just gonna hit it then. By that time all the De la Hoya backers should have their bets in and I think thats is low as it can go. All the sharps or experts should be on Mayweather IMO. If I see it at 180 im gonna pound it again. Man I cant wait for this thing.

Go PBF. For some reason athletes who talk shit and back it up are just great to me. It brings some excitement and they proved they can do their thing. And the fact that he carries 10K with him at all times is just cool to me lol

I've never played a boxing match. Let's say I take a side. Would it be a draw, if it ends in a split decision?

Nope you have to bet the draw. I forgot what the odds are on that though. Maybe like 10 or 20 to 1

What are you talking about? closer than what people think? If people thought it would be a blowout, the fight wouldnt be labeled as "the world awaits" "fight of the decade" and the line wouldnt be gettin hit on de la hoya.. People think its going to be close, thats the problem- thats the promotion and marketing aspect of it.

I don't care what anyone says, tomorrow is the best day of the entire sports calendar year in 2007.

I like Floyd but I sure don't like laying 9-to-5 or so against a fighter who is promoting his own damn event.

He's trained hard, and he is in his weight class, whereas Floyd is not naturally a 154 fighter...

Should be fun to watch; I've got my ticket...

HAHAHA SignalCaller...

No, I'm not going. I wish. Actually, I DID have a ticket waiting for me if I could make it to Vegas but I can't. And to be honest, if I were in the States tomorrow, no offense to fight fans, but I'd be right back in my hometown of Louisville watching the races....

I assume there will be a rematch; I'll try to make it to that one....

I DO have a ticket to the PPV; that's what I was referring to! hehehe

HAHAHA SignalCaller...

No, I'm not going. I wish. Actually, I DID have a ticket waiting for me if I could make it to Vegas but I can't. And to be honest, if I were in the States tomorrow, no offense to fight fans, but I'd be right back in my hometown of Louisville watching the races....

I assume there will be a rematch; I'll try to make it to that one....

I DO have a ticket to the PPV; that's what I was referring to! hehehe

I'm using that $55 I'll save by not ordering it to buy 2 cases of beers to bring to Philly Park Race Track to watch the races for the day! BYOB at the park!!!! :cheers:

Love that bet ETG. There is no chance that PBF knocks him out so if he wins it has to be by decision. The only other thing to play is take the 4 to 1(i think thats what it is) and bet De La Hoya KO. Those are the 2 only possible scenarios IMO.

Back