May 27th MLB Lines and Discussion

From ESPN:

Angels: RHP Garrett Richards (4-3, 3.31 ERA) starts the rubber game of the series Sunday on his 30th birthday. Richards is 0-4 with an 8.10 ERA in six career games, five starts, against the Yankees. They tagged him for a season-high nine runs -- five earned -- over 1⅔ innings on April 28 in Anaheim.

Yankees: Tanaka (5-2, 4.95) is 2-0 in five career starts against the Angels, with New York winning all five games. His 1.60 ERA is his lowest against any opponent he has faced more than once. Unbeaten in his past six outings overall, the right-hander permitted only two hits in six innings and struck out a season-high nine to beat Richards 11-1 in April.

Not necessarily. Tanaka stinks on 5 days rest this year also poor catchers although Richards likes 5 more than 4
First half bet vs Strasburgh? 9 ERA v this ump based on 5 innings. Still thinking
Already posted Astros with reasoning in another thread

Not sure about Cubs game. Its warm which should help Darvish but this season not so good on 6 on limited sample.
Rchards history is a problem. But Tanaka makes the game hard for me

Not sure about Cubs game. Its warm which should help Darvish but this season not so good on 6 on limited sample.
Rchards history is a problem. But Tanaka makes the game hard for me

No Darvish. Chatwood is going. Against my better judgement, I’m going Over for the third straight game in that series because I enjoy pain.

Mikolas has good history with ump.
Tailion tends to do well in the day but I am close to just giving up on him

Going downstairs to put in some bets including a small one against Washington first half

i understand the atl love today based on trends and sale past with atl but he is in a groove currently and sox just got a lot better defensively with pedroia/moreland on the right of the infield and nunez only having to play on the left side where he is much better.....no martinez today jbj and sandy at the bottom of the lineup makes the sox o a little weaker but very difficult to go against sale in his current form....potential under

Sale has faced the Braves once. 2 years ago. Got knocked around. Maybe 2 of those players still on roster?

Folty’s ERA is keeping this line under -300. But his WHIP is solid at 1.2 on road but nothing compared to Sale’s split of .7

I don‘t like looking at road numbers in baseball unless the home ballpark is drastically pitcher- or hitter-friendly. Each park is so different and it‘s not like parks have a 12th man like Seattle Seahawks. Road probably nicer tbh cause dont have to worry about getting tix for family and friends

I rrrrrreally like the Brewers again today.
Also like the D-backs to bounce back after the shutout.
Both are supported by stats in tucks msudog thread.

Any thoughts on those?

Drake low 2 ERA with Wheeler Re the shutout maybe Oakland trends not so good after a shutout as I recall. Will look

This is time of year when MLB gets "interesting" to bet for a few months...always around memorial day...

No real idea about this Oakland pitcher except that in the past he was bad,Greinke might get him

Bauer sitting on 99 pitches after 6.
Would assume it's the Indians bullpen going forward. So nice in game opportunity for those who can.

Gross. Watched this whole game for nothing. This bullpen is atrocious

And they’re going to win 83 games and still win the division by 10 games. That’s the only silver lining to the Indians cloud...they have some time to make some moves and get some guys healthy...playing in perhaps the worst division baseball has seen in the last 20 years. But right now the Tribe pen is horrid.

Back