Marsski: Week 7 Bye Week at the Crib

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD 23-26

Actually won some money last week, will wonders ever cease?

Been super busy with work so I haven't had time to do my usual MAC breakdown this week. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some time to do my public service.
Honestly, I don't like much in the MAC this week other than lean to Buffalo -11 and OVER 62.5 in Ball State/Kent State...also slightly lean to Kent as well but someone (RAS or Walters) came and grabbed all the 16s and 15s...

Looking at taking San Diego State tonight as Rocky Long, a former triple option QB at New Mexico, usually has his teams ready to stop the triple option. SD State already faced Navy this year as well.
Little worried that Sd State hasn't hit in practice due to 3 games in 13 days but Air Force has had the same schedule. Sd State has much better athletes and should run all over AF.

Week 7 Card:

SD State -3 for 1 unit at -130, half unit -3.5
SD State over 29.5 for half unit at -120
Michigan -2.5 for 1 unit
San Jose St +3.5 for 1 unit
Boise St. -6.5 for 1 unit
Texas A&M -5.5 for 1 unit (-115)
Buffalo/Nebraska/Marshall ML 1 unit to win .79
Teaser: Marshall -5/Texas A&M pk to win 1 unit (-120)
Huskers -13.5 for 1.5 units (-120)
Marshall -9.5 for 1 unit (-120)
Buffalo -9.5 for half unit
Marshall over 33 points for 1 unit (-115)

Bonus Square as Fuck MLB Pick:
Verlanders -110 for 1 unit

Good luck to all this week. Enjoy your life.

Last edited:
Also, I know this is probably square as fuck but Verlander at -110 vs an As rookie in a Game 5?
I know the kid pitched great last time but seems like some serious value...I havent been keeping up with bases so maybe I'm missing something...

Waiting for a 3 to show up in Colorado Springs and I will be on the visitor, Long record vs. triple options teams alone worth a stab and I like the match-up

good to see u on the + side wk 6 and looking at this card
Michigan -2.5 for 1 unit

i think u will be again...only again u on sanjose colst with 3str solid games incl 2 wins and a solid effort vs #1 Bama and the altitude should add to their home edge and this is 3rd road gm in 4 wks for sanjose.

gl mars

GL Mars - Very good point about Rocky and familiarity with triple option, making me consider SDST.

good to see u on the + side wk 6 and looking at this card
Michigan -2.5 for 1 unit

i think u will be again...only again u on sanjose colst with 3str solid games incl 2 wins and a solid effort vs #1 Bama and the altitude should add to their home edge and this is 3rd road gm in 4 wks for sanjose.

gl mars

Yeah, I kind of discount the Bama game because of the coaching connection. Just went with the much better QB in this one...

Good luck Tim, Steed, Play...

Read a story that Marshall has 38 players from Fla and 18 from Broward County. Thinking they are going to be ready to beat the snot out of Fla Atlantic. Fla Atl has good pass D numbers only because everyone just runs all day on them.

Play: Marshall -9.5 for 1 unit (-120)

Any thoughts on Kent St?

Well Ball St is an absolute offensive juggernaut right now and NIU shredded Kent last week for about 600 yards so at first glance you gotta think Ball is good for 40 here.
Ball can be ran on for sure and Archer got untracked last week and is starting to give Kent a spark. They need to pound Durham and let me grind on Balls defense if they have a hope of winning Saturday. I think we see a lot if points in this game and am expecting something like Ball 41-34. I like the over for sure and lean to Kent.

Sounds a little weird to say but seems like a little bit of a letdown spot for Ball...coming off big win @ Va and taking care of business vs Rockets...

My other MAC lean is Buffalo and I look at them as a quality team getting the running game untracked with stud Oliver. They have an all MAC WR and several defensive stars especially Mack so we are talking about a team with some elite players. Westerns Dutch QB is questionable for this game and I guess a freshman backup came in last week and played very well other than 1 pick. Still, a freshman facing a pretty decent MAC defense. Western really has no identity on offense right now...seems like a place where you can lay road double digits

Other MAC games:

Akron @ NIU -23.5

Akron completely imploded last week vs Bobcats and the guys were arguing among themselves on the field at one point so it seems like a team in disarray. Fat Bowden has never seemed like much of a coach to me in terms of adjustments. NIU in a major letdown spot coming off Kent game and facing a team that hasn't won a D1 game in a few years...not sure they care but not sure it matters. I'd lay the points or stay away.

Miami @ UMass -5

Watched UMass play BG last week on my phone for a while and I thought their defense was decent until they got tired from 3 and outs. They have very little talent on offense and a pair of QBs that are pretty average to bad.

Miami just fired their coach so hard to handicap what we will see from them.
Neither one if these teams has scored more than 14 in a game so Under 45 might be worth a stab.

C Mich at Ohio -18

I guess this line opened at 10ish so Ohio probably pounded out of playable range. I expect Bobcats to roll vs a team playing a third team QB and without their biggest weapon Tipton. Ohio or nothing here. Hoping for a close first half and then play Cats in 2nd half. Homecoming in Athens so gonna be a nice crowd I'm sure.

BG catching 10 from Messy St

A little tempting to take BG here as they have a defense that keeps them in games vs elite talent (see Fla last year for example)...but I don't know. Messy can't win big games but they sure know how to win the small ones. I'm staying away.

EMU at Army -7.5

Don't bet this game. Anything could happen.​

This is true in any sport, male or female, here or on Jupiter, when these 2 get together ... run away, run away fast!! BOL today amigo!!

Ain't that the damn truth! Normally the kind of game I'd love to play, but 0-3 combined on or against these teams YTD for me. Wel...Maybe I'll tease Army...;)

Bobcats down 7 at half. Tettleton has thrown 2 picks and fumbled in first half. CMU running all over OU. Staying away from that one...

ADD:

Cato coming home tonight. Marshall TT over 33 for 1 unit (-115)

Back