Marsski MLB 2013 First Half

Playing Reds/tigers parlay. Fading 2 worst teams in MLB. Bailey has been bad on the road but Marlins should help with their anemic hitting. Astros without Altuve tonite and Harrell just got shelled by tigers.
1 unit to win 1.08 units

YTD 9-6, +3.52 units

I'm not sure how CC gets the nod over King Felix but I will take the even money. CC has lost velocity and is not in the same class as King Felix anymore. Still based on his name and long career the books keep trotting him out as a favorite.
Play: King Felix +100 for 1 unit

Haren has pitched much better of late...want to see Harper is playing before I would bet it.
Like to get a little better price on Bailey in Miami...maybe parlay TB with someone...Tigers?
Is Dickey gonna turn things around ever or was he just a fluke?

Tuesday Card

Seattle +100 for 1 unit
KC +105 for 1 unit
Det/Reds parlay for 1 unit to win 1.08

With ya all the way. GL Mars.

Thanks fellas, the price fell enough on Moore for me to take a stab on him at home...
Play: TB -135 to win 1 unit

YTD 11-8, +3.60

Well I pretty much kissed my sister last night. I couldn't believe the infantile tantrum out of Guthrie in the dugout last night. Not what I'm looking for in a supposed quality starter. Angels boppers are waking up so look out, maybe they put a run together.
Sniffing around for day action, over in Balty will get a look, may parlay tigers again with someone. Not an Axelrod fan , I would have Twins or no one.
By the way, the lineup that the marlins are trotting out right now is atrocious. I expect the mediocre to bad on the road leake to be able to handle them. Reds pen is rested after homers complete game. May parlay them with tigers again.

I don't get my lines until about 1030 am so still thinking it over...

Wednesday card
Tigers/Reds parlay for 1 unit to win .96
LAA/KC Over 8.5 -110 for 1 unit
Zona -110 for 1 unit

Last edited:
Took reds/tigers parlay for 1 unit to win .96

Astros got a gas can going and marlins lineup is AAA right now. Leake has been shaky but I am confident he will handle these jokers.

BOL bro....see anything confirmed on Kadeem Green transferring?
Nope, just the CBS report. Seems dumb to transfer for a second time unless you drop down a division. I was disappointed he couldn't get off the pine for us as we obviously needed rebounding. Limited minutes I saw he looked good on offense, bad on defense.

Ok, same. Interesting that 2nd game of the season this year :)

Oh sure, NOW they wanna play us.

Still excited...but not sure what we are gonna have and if we get smoked I'm gonna have to listen to alot of bullshit. Don't think OSU will be that great though....Craft and a bunch of questions.

ADD: LAA/KC over 8.5 for 1 unit...Angels boppers starting to hit as is Billy Butler and Enright is pretty bad.

Braves have scored 0, 10, 1 , 1, 2 in last five games and lost four of them. Hudson got smoked by Giants last time out and nto sure his ancient stats vs. Zona mean much.
Kennedy hasn't been his usual self, but pitched well last time out and vs. Braves slumping bats I think he will hold up.

Play: Zona -110 for 1 unit

YTD 13-9, +4.60

Not that much I really like today, but I will take a look at Verlander at -105. Tigers bats superior to Rangers, and Yu is tough but lean Vlander in a head to head. Maybe first five under?

Like Reds again but don't want to lay above -140ish...maybe parlay with Yanks facing fadeable Harang...

Quintana at plus money is worth considering. LAA starting to hit though and Sox can play long ball and that's about it for run generation.

Cain has been giving up gopher balls, and now goes to Colorado...Rocks TT over?

Thursday Card

Tigers ML -105 for 1 unit

Last edited:
As far as the F5 under goes, Darvish seems to get stronger as the game goes along.

Darvish has allowed nine of his 16 runs in the first inning

Yu Darvish has allowed runs in three of his six starts. Every time he's allowed runs, he’s given up a multi-run first inning.

Verlander has allowed 7 of his 13 runs in the first 2 innings

i'm sure the they both pitch a perfect game thru 5 now. but just a thought.

As far as the F5 under goes, Darvish seems to get stronger as the game goes along.

Darvish has allowed nine of his 16 runs in the first inning

Yu Darvish has allowed runs in three of his six starts. Every time he's allowed runs, he’s given up a multi-run first inning.

Verlander has allowed 7 of his 13 runs in the first 2 innings

i'm sure the they both pitch a perfect game thru 5 now. but just a thought.

Interesting numbers. I think I might just take VL.

YTD 13-10, +3.55

I see value in the Mutts at only 135 with Harvey going against the very hittable Edwin Jackson. Must be blowing in for this total to be only 7. I might bump this up to a 2 unit play which I rarely do in bases.

Play: Mets -135 to win 1 unit

Friday card
Mets -135 to win 1 unit
Mets -140 to win .5 unit

Last edited:
i couldnt bring myself to hit the mets for the early game. hope you hit gl.

Thanks CC. Matt Harvey had to pretty much do it himself but it happened. What a throw from Byrd in right too.

YTD 14-10, +5.05 units

Once through the card, getting some coffee going to study up for a bit but initially...

Bronson has had the curveball working and spotting his pitches well...Kendrick is a well known gas can historically...lean reds

Stl vs Estrada is usually a slaughter... Lean birds and TT over

Fade tiny Tim in Rado? Makes sense to me ...

Nats with Zimmerman deserves a look since he decided his name is Cyrus Young this year. Stults can get mashed and Nats starting to dial up the power...

Indians vs a somewhat shitty lefty looks good

Pirates with Burnett going gives Hou very little chance considering the scrubs they run out... Altuve back yet?

Back in a while lads

Saturday Card:

Redbirds/Tribe ML parlay 1 to win 1.68
Washington Federals ML -130 for 1 unit
Redlegs ML -110 for 1 unit
Redlegs Over 3.5 runs -130 for half unit
Rockies ML +100 for 1 unit
Redbirds Over 4 runs -125 for 1 unit
*Bonus MLS pick: Columbus Crew (PK) +123

Last edited:
Play: Took Zmann at 130. Best righthander in MLB this year and Nats had 3 or 4 jacks last night. Stults is average lefty and Pads bats should have problems with Zmann.

Harper back at full strength.

We interrupt this thread to bring you a Major League Soccer bet:

Columbus Crew Pk +123 for 1 unit. Toronto hasn't won in 8 games. Crew in scoring drought but has 37 shots on goal in last 2 games combined. Toronto prone to giving up 2nd half goals.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Play: Took Zmann at 130. Best righthander in MLB this year and Nats had 3 or 4 jacks last night. Stults is average lefty and Pads bats should have problems with Zmann.

Harper back at full strength.

cant believe how the price has nose dived on nats this series, honestly only reason i played them yesterday was cause the price drop and now they begging me again (-122 now), not sure i can resist much longer..dont like nats vs lefties but pretty cheap to back zim...

Good to see you Biff. Tribe giving that May hope to Cleveland. I like the bats and pen.

hope springs eternal in spring. good to see you too. Yanks, Rays/O's over, Tribe + Cards two-teamer for me. agree on Zimmerman, also like Coors over, Royals in other night games. stat of the day from Covers trends page on Ray's/O's: Rays are 5-24 in their last 29 games with Gerry Davis behind home plate. that seems unreal. anyway, BOL today.

taking a look at that Crew game....

hope springs eternal in spring. good to see you too. Yanks, Rays/O's over, Tribe + Cards two-teamer for me. agree on Zimmerman, also like Coors over, Royals in other night games. stat of the day from Covers trends page on Ray's/O's: Rays are 5-24 in their last 29 games with Gerry Davis behind home plate. that seems unreal. anyway, BOL today.

Crew has struggled lately to score but I think it's just been bad luck as they are generating good chances. Crew usually at least ties at Toronto. I don't like they have lost at Toronto in a number of years. Crew need a win badly and are more talented side by far.

Decided to ride with you Biff on the Cards/Tribe parlay. Good luck to us.

Play: Tribe/Cards ML parlay 1 unit to win 1.68

cant believe how the price has nose dived on nats this series, honestly only reason i played them yesterday was cause the price drop and now they begging me again (-122 now), not sure i can resist much longer..dont like nats vs lefties but pretty cheap to back zim...

Too cheap to pass up. Good luck if u play it. I like it alot and may add a little more on it.

Rest of card goes like this...

Rockies ML +100 for 1 unit, Reds ML -110 for 1 unit, Reds Over 3.5 runs -130 for half unit, STL Over 4 runs -125 for 1 unit

Full Saturday card:

Redbirds/Tribe ML parlay 1 to win 1.68
Washington Federals ML -130 for 1 unit, added 2nd unit
Redlegs ML -110 for 1 unit
Redlegs Over 3.5 runs -130 for half unit
Rockies ML +100 for 1 unit
Redbirds Over 4 runs -125 for 1 unit

*Bonus MLS pick: Columbus Crew (PK) +123

Last edited:
YTD 17-12, +3.95

Leans

Reds
Milw/Stl over
Nats
Blue Jays
Mariners
Devil Rays
Pirates
Rangers

Sunday Card

TB/Balt under 4.5 first 5 for 1 unit (-115)
SF/Colorado Over 11 for 1 unit (-105)
Zona/Pirates ML parlay 1 to win 1.63
King Felix for 1 unit (-115)
RA for 1 unit (+110)
Reds for 1 unit (-145)
Tex/Det ov 9 to win 1.5 units (-125)
Nats for 1 unit (+120)
Nats Over 3 runs for half unit (-125)

Last edited:
Back