Mariano Rivera Retirement Thread

he is great. Not going to deny it, and I hate and will continue to hate the Yankees forever.

My favorite two moments of his career were Alomar, Jr. taking him deep in the '97 ALDS and Luis Gonz muscling up for that little duck snort to win the 2001 WS. Seems like a good dude, but he's a Yankee so he can go fuck off into the sunset like all Yankees.

You Yankee haters don't even have valid reasons for hating them. You just hate them to belong to a group. Oh well.

You Yankee haters don't even have valid reasons for hating them. You just hate them to belong to a group. Oh well.

You gotta be kidding me. Believe me, it's organic hate, no group membership required.

Pretty much a one-pitch pitcher too. Guy's been throwing bags of sand up there for almost 20 years. Amazing.

I hate when guys like this announce retirement before the season and we're supposed to honor them during a retirement tour. Fuck that. Honor him at Yankee Stadium. He received some polite applause during a little ceremony prior to his last game in Cleveland, a lightly attended game as it was a rain-out make-up double-header on a Monday in May. I wasn't there, but would have viewed that as a great opportunity to stand up and boo the shit out of a Yankee. Why am I expected to fondly reminisce about a guy who's been mowing down Indians since 1995? (With one notable exception.)

I'd start another thread and list the valid reasons for hating them but I don't think the server would be able to handle it.

There's no argument that he's the best closer ever, period.

I can't argue best closer ever. I can make a better argument for not even the best Yankee relief pitcher ever, but I'd probably lose. He's great, fuck him anyway. (Same with Jeter when he goes away.)

I can't argue best closer ever. I can make a better argument for not even the best Yankee relief pitcher ever, but I'd probably lose. He's great, fuck him anyway. (Same with Jeter when he goes away.)
goose-gossage1.jpg

Did some reporter just question Mo about the decision to throw a 2 seamer?

1st blown I seen in a minute

I think they could get there tip

Joe has done a hell of a job with these guys and they are right there

He still can't get over that Mariano has 1 pitch...1 pitch a cutter...he says here it is ...hit it....and no one can.

He still can't get over that Mariano has 1 pitch...1 pitch a cutter...he says here it is ...hit it....and no one can.

Yew Mariano tosses a cutter. As does every pitcher on the phillies staff..

Back