Manny Ramirez traded to Dodgers

i know. im sure if this deal was made earlier, with the sox throwing both moss and hansen in this deal, they definately couldve gotten marte back with bay.

did you see Marte's boxscores vs Baltimore? 2 IP, 5 baserunners, 2 ERs.

who needs that?

yeah I always liked Jones to and was somewhat excited when the Dodgers got him but its simple with him we was a product of ROIDS.

and I dont give a fuck right now Ive had wanted Manny Ramirez for ever ever him or A-Rod and finally.

Best part is the Dodgers didnt give up any of their youth besides LaRoche who I thought was overrated.

Kemp, Loney, Martin, Billingsley, Kershaw, Broxton, Ethier

They didnt give up shit

yah, ill definately be rooting the la and manny for the rest of the year, but not sure the team is good enough yet.

i think marte woulda been a solid left arm outta the bullpen for the sox. a definite upgrade from lopez. i am probably the few ones left that is confident in okajima, i think they should just throw him in to last years role as the 8th inning man and see how he reacts. tito's been very careful with when to bring him in, almost too careful. they guy can get outs, just show some confidence in the guy. he'll come around.

Not only did Boston virtually hand over Manny but they also paid the $7 mill owed to Manny too. LMFAO
They must have really wanted him out. Torre is doing cartwheels right now nude in his kitchen. Yeah roids was probably the cause of those numbers. If Penny was healthy things would be different in Dodgerland but they are still in the race.

Gammons and ESPN are no more than PR schills for the Red Sox and all Boston teams.

Your telling me that if they didnt make this trade, Gammons thinks they would have had no chance to MAKE the playoffs? Giimme a break.

FYP.

Personally I think Boston is in some trouble. The Yankees are coming on real strong, and Tampa is holding their own.Manny might be a non-hustling douche but his presence makes everyone in the lineup much better than they actually are. Bay is no slouch but he doesn't bring the mystique that makes an entire lineup better.

The Dodgers are huge winners at the deadline. They've had the pitching all season, and have massively upgraded their lineup with Casey Blake and Ramirez.

Man I'm so pissed that I passed on LAD 3/1 to win the NL West and Tampa Bay 40/1 to win the AL East at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
FYP.

Personally I think Boston is in some trouble. The Yankees are coming on real strong, and Tampa is holding their own.Manny might be a non-hustling douche but his presence makes everyone in the lineup much better than they actually are. Bay is no slouch but he doesn't bring the mystique that makes an entire lineup better.

Agreed. Also, Minnesota is only a game out in the wild card, too.

I'm curious to see the impact on fatass Ortiz with Manny gone. There are some (and I"ll admit that I'm in this camp) that feel Ortiz is an overrated player made better by haing Ramirez in the lineup. Let's see how good King Kong's stand in looks without Manny to shield him.

I'll say it now - Boston misses the playoffs this year.

I'll say it now - Boston misses the playoffs this year.

I'll say it now - the WC is not going to a team in the AL East.

Hands up anyone who can imagine a p.s. without the presence of the Yankees or the Red Sox.

*my hand goes up*

The Angels have the best team.

Yankees have no pitching.
Boston - maybe, but lack strong middle relief. Lineup is also questionable, and they have trouble winning on the road.
ChiSox - Maybe, but offensive questions.

Cubs - Billy Goat - nuff said. No closer.
Brewers - NED FUCKING YOST. No closer.
Phillies - The city of Philadelphia is allergic to championships of any kind.
Mets - Maybe....
NL West - no way. As much as I'd like to see LAD, they are too banged up.

Angels/Mets - Halos in 5

Also - if you're Torre where do you put Manny in this lineup? Personally I'd like to see them give up on Ethier. And don't get me started on Andruw. He should be cut. Seriously.

If I'm the coach here's my everyday lineup:

Pierre
Kemp
Kent
Manny
Martin
Loney
Blake
Ozuna (Or whoever)
Pitcher

I'd rather see Pierre in there. He's a leadoff guy that will bat .290ish, steal sixty bases, get 200 hits if he's an everyday guy, and would score 100 runs in that lineup....

Ethier in my opinion doesn't have the upside of guys like Kent and Loney, and with Manny in town there's no need for him. Trade him.

The Angels have the best team.

Yankees have no pitching.
Boston - maybe, but lack strong middle relief. Lineup is also questionable, and they have trouble winning on the road.
ChiSox - Maybe, but offensive questions.

Cubs - Billy Goat - nuff said. No closer.
Brewers - NED FUCKING YOST. No closer.
Phillies - The city of Philadelphia is allergic to championships of any kind.
Mets - Maybe....
NL West - no way. As much as I'd like to see LAD, they are too banged up.

Angels/Mets - Halos in 5

Here's how I see it at the moment.
Angels-Clearly the class of all baseball. They can do it all and have no serious flaws.

Yankees- I think they're pretty dangerous, they can still hit like crazy and they have some good starters and a hammer at the back of the pen.

Red Sox- The Sox are in trouble. Their pen has been acting up, Beckett hasn't the year we thought he would. They look like a team that won a championship last year.

Rays- Great pitching, defense, and alright offense. It would have been nice to see them add a bat. Probably good enough to make the postseason but not make much noise once they get there.

Chicago- Weird team, but they've got experience and I like Ozzie. I'm not sure their pitching holds up the rest of the season.

Minnesota- They play the game well, but they can't win away from the Dome against top competition IMO.

NL
Phillies- I watch this team every game. Very schizophrenic group. The offense seems to be picking it up and if they have the usual second half surge then they'll win the division or at the worst win the wild card. Because of their pen, they've got a shot in October if the offense is right.

Mets- Santana is pitching like advertised. The question about the Mets are bullpen and the middle of the rotation. Maine and Perez have to perform for them to make the playoffs. Their offense has played well lately but I'm not convinced they can maintain the level of production.

Cubs-Solid team all around. They are the best team, butI don't think they are clearly the best NL team when all the smoke is clear as many others do. The gap isn't that big.

Brewers-On paper I really like this team. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the adversity of the beatdown they just received.

Cards- Solid team that is a victim of geography(possible payback for 2006 when it was the only reason they made the playoffs). I think they will finish a couple games from making the playoffs.

D'backs- They've got the pitching. They should be sick about how the trade deadline shook out.

Dodgers-Great pitching, good pen. I like the Casey Blake trade because the lineup needed another accessory for Man-Ram. This is a tough team but it should be fun to watch Torre, Kent, Man-Ram, and Larry Bowa all coexist.

Last edited:
GOod analysis Music City. I forgot about the Rays. I don't think they hold up, but its been fun to watch what they've done this year.

BC - I'm not sold on Marmol AT ALL. You do have a point, but look inside those recent innings. At least one walk in 6 of last 7 appearances. This guy struggles with control. One day he might be a closer, but I don't see it this year.

Throwback - you watching Vin calling the game?

Vin Scully - "Ethier not in the lineup tonight. He has a case of the er...... stomach flu or something."

Translation - Ethier shit his pants when he realized Manny Ramirez just took his job.

At least one walk in 6 of last 7 appearances. This guy struggles with control.

but (1) only 3 hits given up at the same time, and (2) Dice-K does exactly the same thing and basically never pays for it.
As long as you're giving up hardly any hits, what does it matter if you walk a few?

Throwback - you watching Vin calling the game?

Vin Scully - "Ethier not in the lineup tonight. He has a case of the er...... stomach flu or something."

Translation - Ethier shit his pants when he realized Manny Ramirez just took his job.

yeah I seen that :36_11_6:

Time will tell BetCrimes. As a closer, coming in in the playoffs against the best teams in pressure situation - those walks will hurt him. Maybe he can get away with it against the Marlins, SF, etc - but not in the postseason

doggy, disagree on ethier, he's legit. doesn't have kemps potential but he's very polished for being so young.

the problem with pierre now that manny is around is that they're both left fielders and nothing else. ethier at least has the ability to get it done in right and kemp is the centerfielder now that jones' ass will be planted on the bench for the next 2 months.

pierre is great at the leadoff spot but i just don't see how he fits into the lineup with manny around. i think kemp probably goes back to leadoff, blake or ethier at 2 (whichever one doesn't hit second would hit 7th)...martin at 3, manny at 4, kent at 5, loney at 6 (i think loney should be 5th but seems like torre is intent on protecting kent).....and barroa at 8.

This made me giggle

Sportscenter - "Former major leaguer andruw jones flies out to left to end the game"

:36_11_6:

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.com on Wednesday. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

the trade rating

DODGERS- no doubt they stole this one, they didnt even had to give up any of chad, loney, ethier,kemp, kent, pierre or martin, amazing and they got what they needed a star offensive monster

RED SOX- what's up w/ giving up so much for Bay? they could have gotten more w/ manny alone, hansen could be something good for the future, i know bay is talented and has a damn bright future but sox just gave up too much

PIRATES- another question, what are they thinking? QUANTITY is better than QUALITY? seriously, what are they doing? i dont even see any type of direction

TO WHO WINS IT ALL

YANKS definitely got the bats and could turn it on even w/o hideki and posada but pitching will kill them (4 good starting pitchers in their rotation are out: wang, kennedy, hughes, pavano- i know some stink but they are in rotation)

WHITESOX- MAY have the goods but are too inconsistent, like the yanks the bats could be turned on but sometimes just cant seem to get anything going

DODGERS- looks good on paper but their offense sucks (maybe manny can change it) and starting pitchers are also very inconsistent

D'RAYS- has been solid all season long but i doubt they can win it all

CUBS- have the goods and players to go all the way, but i just cant see it happening

RED SOX- boy they needed manny this year if they wanted to win it all, lots of pitching struggles this team, bats are also on and off, and they are not playing like the red sox we saw last year

my pick to win it all

call me nuts but i see it as the METS or ANGELS winning it all

METS- everything is solid and above average with them, maybe not that great but really good and rock solid

ANGELS- in my opinion are the best team now and they just got better w/ texeria

Master P - What are the Pirates thiking? This is what they are thinking

Nady, Martes and Bay, would have been GONE without any question by the end of next year. There was no chance that those 3 would be playing for the Pirates much longer, zero, none zip.

What are they thinking? They are thinking that the guy they got from the Yankee's trade just shutout the Cubs in his first start of the season. Thats what they are thinking. Moss can be just as productive as Bay. Hansen is better then Martes who I feel is way overrated and Laroche is a notch above Joey Bats

Just out of hindsight, if anyone is watching SC they are reporting that Varitek and Ramirez both asked Epstein to trade Manny

Back