Made in Denmark

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
Made in Denmark August 30th thru September 2nd @ Silkeborg Ry Golf Club, Aarhus, Denmark (new venue)

2017 @ Himmerland Golf Resort, Farso, Denmark
WIN Julian Suri [-19] (NOT listed)
solo 2nd David Horsey [-15]
T-3rd Chris Paisley (NOT listed), Ben Evans (Not listed) & Steve Webster [-13]
T-6th Matt Wallace, Haydn Porteous, Ben Hebert (NOT listed) & Wade Ormsby (NOT listed) [-12]
T-10th John Daly, Aaron Rai (NOT listed), Robert Rock & Marcel Siem [-11]

NO last weeks winner Andrea Pavan, who's wife is scheduled to give birth to their 2nd child this week, and NO solo 2nd last week Padraig Harrington. also NO tied 4th Scott Jamieson. Gavin Green solo 3rd last week and Lee Slattery tied 4th ARE playing

favorites
Thorbjorn Olesen 8-1 (Silkeborg Ry Golf Club his home course)
Thoma Pieters 10-1
Matthew Fitzpatrick 18-1
Eddie Pepperell 20-1

my "to win" bets this week
Lee Slattery 50-1 (10/510) T-4th Czech Masters [-15] & T-10th Nordia [-8]
Tom Lewis 50-1 (10/510) solo 6th Czech Masters [-14] T-3rd Swedish Challenge [-12]
Lucas Hebert 50-1 (10/510) solo 5th Nordia Masters [-11] T-3rd Sicilian Open [-15]
Gaganjeet Bhullar 60-1 (10/610) T-7th Czech Masters [-13] WIN Fiji International [-14]
Matthias Schwab 50-1 (10/510) T-9th Czech Masters [-12] CUT Nordia Masters T-7th European Open [-8]
Gavin Green 60-1 (10/610) solo 3rd Czech Masters [-17]
Haydn Porteous 75-1 (7/532) T-6th Nordia Masters [-9]
Jeff Winther 80-1 (7/567) T-9th Czech Masters [-12] T-68th Nordia Masters [+3] T-22nd European Open [-4]
Richard McEvoy 80-1 (7/567) WIN European Open [-11]
Julian Guerrier 100-1 (5/505) T-9th Czech Masters [-12] solo 6th Sicilian Open [-13] solo 3 Oman Open [-13]
Chase Koepka 300-1 (2/602) Brooks's brother FINALLY made a CUT last week in Prague :)

kinda PISSED that NO straight up odds on my pet Finland "bomber" Tapio Pulkkanen (was T-5th after 3rd round last week BUT "blew up" final round), the Thai kid Phachara Khongwatmai (T-9th last week), Canadian boy Austin Connelly OR American "geezer" John Daly (first round tied lead last week with Gavin Green)

tourney match play bets (bet/return)
Lee Slattery even over Dean Burmester (50/100)
Eddie Pepperell +105 over Matthew Fitzpatrick (50/102.50)

Slattery: T-4th Czech Masters [-15] T-10th Nordia Masters [-8] CUT @ Scottish, Irish & Open de France
Burmester: CUT Czech Masters T-9th Scottish [-13] T-28th Irish [-2] T-56 Open de France [+7]

Pepperell: T-9th Czech Masters [-12] T-59th US PGA [even] T-6th British Open [-5] solo 2nd Scottish [-16] CUT Irish DQ BMW International
Fitzpatrick: CUT US PGA T-48th Bridgestone [+2] CUT British Open T-14th Scottish [-12] CUT Irish T-27th Open de France [even]

GOOD LUCK with what ever you PLAY :shake:

Last edited:
well the 1st round leader OWGR #972 Englishman Jonathan Thompson with a 9 birdie 1 bogie [-8] then 7 players tied 2nd at [-6] including the "Great Dane" Lucas Bjerregaard and 6 "field hands". my best "to win" player Richard McEvoy at [-5]. the rest pretty stinky esp Gavin Green [+2] and Lee Slattery [+4]. THAT is what will drive you NUTS about handicapping golf. Green solo 3rd last week in Prague and "Slats" T-4th then play like weekend hackers this week. GO FIGURE!!! the somewhat GOOD new for me is Dean Burmester also SUCKED with an opening [+3] so "Slats" only one behind in their match play. "Edgy" Pepperell with opening [-2] to "The Matthew Mouse" [even]

I do NOT think Thorbjorn Olesen impressed European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjorn very much shooting a [+1] to Bjorn's [-2] :confused:

under the heading of "driving you NUTS trying to handicap golf", "Papa Ratte" is NOT the only one. these were the Euro Tour web site "fantasy three" for this week

Favourite: Thorbjorn Olesen (shoots [+1] and is below the projected CUT line tied 93rd)
Form Horse: Lee Slattery (shoots [+4] and is obviously below the projected CUT line)
Wildcard: Erik Van Rooyen (opening [-5] tied 8th. was a mid-level "to win" this week at 40-1)
:confused3:

"Dead Duck" tourney for "Papa Ratte". Lee Slattery [even/+4] CUT over Dean Burmester [-3/even] CUT LOSE and Eddie Pepperell [-3/-5] over Matthew Fitzpatrick [-4/-4] only one up. most of my "to win" bets are CUTS too. ONLY guys "in play" are Tom Lewis [-4/-6] and Richard McEvoy [-1/-6] and they are seven behind 2nd round leader Christiaan Bezuidenhout (WHO ??? the guy is #547 OWGR) from South Africa [-7/-13] who seems to be about the ONLY player that can putt it hard enough on the slow, grainy Silkeborg Ry greens to make birdies :mad:

Last edited:
OK, GEEZER TIME in Denmark 3rd round!!! "Big Bear" Lee Westwood with a [-5] for tourney [-16] and a one shot lead over Thomas Detry [-6], OWGR #972 Jonathan Thompson [-4] and OWGR #383 Steven Brown with the low round of the day [-9] all at tourney [-15] my man "WALL-E" Matt Wallace with a [-6] for [-14] two back. the 2nd round leader kid Bezuidenhout returned to his OWGR # 547 form with a [+1] for [-12] tied with Callum Shinkwin

two guys I should NEVER bet AGAINST in a tourney match play are Jordan Spieth OR Matthew Fitzpatrick. EVERY time I go AGAINST "Squirrely" OR "The Matthew Mouse" they shoot the course up. The Mouse [-6] for tourney [-10] and a seven shot lead over "Edgy" Pepperell with his [+2] for [-3] going into Sunday. like I said. Fucking FUCKED in Denmark for me this week :mad:

Last edited:
EXCITING finish on Denmark. Matt Wallace with a final round [-5] to get into a four way playoff with Lee Westwood [-3]. big Jonathan Thomson [-4] and 31 year old tour rookie Steven Brown [-4] @ [-19] "WALL-E" WON the playoff the 2nd hole over Brown after "Big Bear" and "Jigger" were eliminated 1st round. it is his third win on the Euro Tour this season along with the Indian Open and BMW International. he was pre-tourney 35-1 "to win". I

kind of feel bad for Brown and "Jigger". a WIN would have been a LOT bigger for them than for "WALL-E". the 31 year old Euro Tour rookie Brown AND the 22 year old 6 toot 9 1/2 inch 275 pound "Jigger", who overcame a five year battle with leukemia as a child, BOTH need to play well the rest of the tour season to keep their player cards.

Danish pre-tourney favorite Thorbjorn Olesen with a final [-4] for tourney [-11] tied 20th good enough to hold off Matthew Fitzpatrick [-6] for [-16] tied 7th for the 8th European Ryder Cup spot on points. he joins Tommy Fleetwood, Tyrrell Hatton, Rory McIlroy, Francesco Molinari, Alex Noren, Jon Rahm and Justin Rose. be interesting to see WHO Thomas Bjorn picks with his four "captain's selections" this Wednesday. gotta think "WALL-E" and "The Matthew Mouse" got a good chance along with Rafael Cabrera-Bello playing in the FedEx playoffs in the states this week

Omega European Masters in Crans-Montana, Switzerland next week. the Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club a very popular course up in the Swiss Alps. it has been the venue since 1923 making it one of the longest running tourneys on the Euro Tour. Matthew Fitzpatrick held off Aussie Scott Hend for the WIN last season. Hend also got "aced out" for 2nd by Alex Noren in 2016 :shake:

Last edited:
Back