Maction?

I remember another time, Gary Barnett either threatened to pull the Buff decal of the helmet or actually did because CU was playing so bad. I believe they came out and beat Texas that week.

Sometimes it is so easy to motivate college kids. They are kind of brainwashed and would run through proverbial wall. Feels different now, would rather video a coach in a locker room at halftime or on a bus and post it on social media for likes and controversy.

I wish more coaches would use mind tricks like that to get their team to respond. Taking the decal off the helmet to motivate, or names off back of jerseys, stuff like that.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
I remember another time, Gary Barnett either threatened to pull the Buff decal of the helmet or actually did because CU was playing so bad. I believe they came out and beat Texas that week.

Sometimes it is so easy to motivate college kids. They are kind of brainwashed and would run through proverbial wall. Feels different now, would rather video a coach in a locker room at halftime or on a bus and post it on social media for likes and controversy.

I wish more coaches would use mind tricks like that to get their team to respond. Taking the decal off the helmet to motivate, or names off back of jerseys, stuff like that.
Best coaches would likely make very good shrinks

That's basically what they are in the NBA if they're worth their salt

3rd Q likely just a tease for this Under.

NIU's TDs were 96 and 44 yard TD runs. Each team has muffed a pooched KO return to set up short fields. NIU's turn now.

WM probably going to fuck around and lose SU, that's the kind of team and year they have

10 minutes and can only allow 3 points. No way is that possible in MACtion.

Another 40+y TD run for NIU. Dumb. Split Unders, win teaser, feels disappointing

Yeah I think Sun Bowl is a PAC team vs ACC now, used to be B1G when I went
Greatest Sun Bowl game i ever saw was Georgia Tech vs Utah. Utah scored 2 TD's in the last 7 minutes to tie it. They hit on a huge 4th and long. Then won it in OT. 1 of the better Bowl seasons.

Last year's Central at Eastern game was wild. A 2-1 CM was 6.5 pt road fav at an 0-3 EM. It ended up being one of the wilder covers for Central.

Recap from last year's game:

This one will surely be on the SVP Sportscenter bad beat segment as he had EM as one of his picks. EM led 17-6 HT, but CM had a TD called back by penalty where they settle for a FG (only penalty of the half) and also fumbled just before crossing the goal line. Those 11 points left off the board where the difference in the HT score. CM was on a 78y drive to open the 3rd Q when QB Richardson was tackled, badly injuring his leg and fumbling on the play at the E11. CM's next possession was SOD at the E01, making for just 3 points on 4 RZ trips at that point! The first key to the game was CM's RZ D on the other end. While CM struggled to score points, EM had 1st-and-goal at the 2 and 1st-and-goal at the 8 result in just two FGs keeping CM in the game. CM converted 4th down twice on a TD drive and after EM's two FGs the game was 23-14 early 4th Q. CM got a TD with under 5min left to trail by 2. The next key to the game were turnovers and back-to-back EM possessions. EM fumbled a pitch, CM fell on it but after having a 1st-and-goal at the 7, kicked a 21y FG to lead 24-23. On the first play of the next possession EM had a pass go off a diving receivers hands then bounce off a CM defender's helmet perfectly into the hands of another CM defender at the E32 with just 2:26 left. An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty backed it up to the E47. 4 running plays later CM was in the EZ to lead 31-23 with 1:36 left. EM was INT'd near midfield to end the game. CM outgained them 553-439 (5.9-6.5) including a 318-74 RY edge (5.6-2.4). EM lost 5 TOs, CM lost 3. CM ended with 8 RZ trips, scoring TDs on 3 and FGs on 2. EM was 5-for-5 RZ scoring, but also with just 2 TDs. CM had been converting just 23% of their 3rd down conversions entering this game, vs EM they got 47%. EM was 54%. Hutchinson 23-37-365-0-3, leading rusher 57y. Richarson 14-20-118-0-1 (injured) Brock (Sam Houston transfer) 9-15-62-0-0.

Miami Oh at Kent is a very compelling matchup. Good Kent O vs a solid MAC D and a solid MAC O in Miami vs Kent's terrible MAC D.

Sean Lewis is 0-2 vs Miami, didn't play last year. Lost as short HF in 2019 16-23. Kent avg'd 29ppg that year and 406 ypg. Miami held them to 336, second worst output for Kent O in MAC play that season.

Kent O much more mature now and very capable. Do think Miami D is good enough to offer some resistance.

Miami O is stacking some of it's best offensive outings of the season the last few.

Kent D was allowing 523ypg and 41.6 ppg in MAC play this year before shutting out Akron and holding them to 188 TY.

Toledo should be just an awful matchup for Akron. Akron D is at it's worst vs strong run teams, which is exactly what Toledo is at it's core.

And Toledo is among the top few teams in the league on D.

No value now after Kent just waxed the Zips last week, this is the biggest line Akron has been dogged vs any MAC team this season.

Back