MAC Champ Discussion

I love to pause and think about the proposed Lang bets. $400,000 on the MAC championship game. Well, more like half-a-mil, gotta buy the hook.

Much prefer steam on a favorite, than steam on a dog.

Steaming dogs usually go ass up.

Whats your drink tip? Thinking about getting myself one now. Debating options. Got logs on fire and Mac championship. Don't get much better than that for the dub

I'm down to what's around. One solitary Great Lakes Christmas Ale. About to go on a booze run.

I don't think we've tackled the issue of venue, dome conditions, and on the turf. Who does this favor? Is it even a factor?

That is pretty alarming. But it was like that for the Toledo game too. Plus those folks aren't gamblers. I'm betting on NIU.

Thing with the Toledo game though, was that it was played at the Glass Bowl. This game is at a venue that is more NIU friendly yet the line is virtually the same plus Toledo beat BG in when they played this season.

Bg makes a lot more money if they lose

I don't see how the players or coaches care 1 bit about the university making more money. Especially the players. This is for a conference championship. Unless you think the fix is in, how does this apply? GL

Because this is the conference that gave us Scooter McDougal.

Oh yeah. I'm in the heart of MAC country. Greasy conference. Tonight's probably on the up and up though, I think.

All the spread really did was steam back to it's opening number. Key to this line is the opener, not all the shit in-between.

Care to explain Tee? I don't follow the politics of this stuff and I'm sitting on a BG bet that I may hedge a little if this drops low enough...

If the Falcons win, Northern Illinois is out of contention for a bowl game and Clemson or a second Pac-12 team (other than the conference champion) would enjoy the open spot. A win by the Huskies doesn’t guarantee anything because UCF could somehow jump up past NIU in the final BCS standings, but it would be an almost done deal for NIU to get into a big money game for the second year in a row if they win tonight.

Similar situation last year with Kent State needing to win in this same situation - and they lost (MAC got lucky and made it to the Orange Bowl with NIU anyway).

It's a marginal capping element at best scdog but if NoIlly wins it is almost certain fiesta bowl. In a conference that shares bowl revenues:

fiesta bowl >>> random .com bowl

Well, just let me have a BG have time lead, and then maybe I'll join you and we can both make some money in our own revenue sharing club :)

I don't see how the players or coaches care 1 bit about the university making more money. Especially the players. This is for a conference championship. Unless you think the fix is in, how does this apply? GL

just sayin--- if one team is much better than the other they will win regardless. But if there are a few 50/50 calls down the stretch in a tight game. Umm everyone in conference wants it to go one way. I like being on the side the women's volleyball team at buffalo and men's lacrosse team at Ohio wants. But ya it's marginal edge. In Mac tho, crazy not to consider it tho imo.

FWIW- Phil Steele

[h=3]MAC championship
Bowling Green Falcons versus No. 14 Northern Illinois Huskies (Detroit)[/h] Friday, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2
The Huskies are playing in their fourth straight MAC championship game and are going for a three-peat here. Quarterback Jordan Lynch is now a favorite to get an invite to New York for the Heisman Trophy ceremony, but he will be tested here against a Bowling Green defense that has allowed only 57 rushing yards per game in the past four and shut down one of the MAC's best running backs last week in Buffalo's Branden Oliver. The offense is also averaging 44 points per game during their four-game win streak. We have seen four unbeaten teams go down in the past four weeks and I will call for the Huskies' back-to-back BCS dreams to die in Detroit as the Falcons pick up their first MAC title since 1992.

Pick: Bowling Green 28, Northern Illinois 27

FWIW- Phil Steele

MAC championship
Bowling Green Falcons versus No. 14 Northern Illinois Huskies (Detroit)

Friday, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2
The Huskies are playing in their fourth straight MAC championship game and are going for a three-peat here. Quarterback Jordan Lynch is now a favorite to get an invite to New York for the Heisman Trophy ceremony, but he will be tested here against a Bowling Green defense that has allowed only 57 rushing yards per game in the past four and shut down one of the MAC's best running backs last week in Buffalo's Branden Oliver. The offense is also averaging 44 points per game during their four-game win streak. We have seen four unbeaten teams go down in the past four weeks and I will call for the Huskies' back-to-back BCS dreams to die in Detroit as the Falcons pick up their first MAC title since 1992.

Pick: Bowling Green 28, Northern Illinois 27

lame writeup from Mr obvious... 4th grader could have written that by reading two espn articles

Phil Steele/North Coast/Whatever the fuck … They've been awful this season. Langesque.

Even the newsletter has slipped.

Phil Steele/North Coast/Whatever the fuck … They've been awful this season. Langesque.

Even the newsletter has slipped.

been slipping for years.. Too many guys like colin cowherd suck his cock... there are 3 dozen guys on this site that are far more effective.. He knows players and simple stats .. Intimidates the common fan/gambler but embarrasses himself to the rest

Walters is on Bowling Green. There is sharp money to support it, and my price just without any BS is pick. That said, no one is stopping Lynch here. This machine rolls onto the Fiesta Bowl, much to the delight of all MAC athletic departments...

NIU -3 +103 for me medium. Sorry not much time to post... GL!

Walters is on Bowling Green. There is sharp money to support it, and my price just without any BS is pick. That said, no one is stopping Lynch here. This machine rolls onto the Fiesta Bowl, much to the delight of all MAC athletic departments...

NIU -3 +103 for me medium. Sorry not much time to post... GL!

exactly.. GL Rex

There's a much more hungry, prepared, overall better team tonight. I don't see this game becoming close. BG is outplaying them at every position on the field except kicker.

Back