LVSC Opener for Boston/Detroit

Suprised that we forgot that Philly and Orlando didnt exactly play DET that badly . People make it sound like DET has looked so good and Boston so bad. I mean whats the difference bewteen Atl-CLe and Philly-Orl both teams DET faced had no playoff experience where ATL had 2 guys like Mike Bibby and Joe Johnson that make them a tougher beat IMO then Philly. Cavs or ORL in the playoffs hard to argue that ORL is a tougher matchup IMO.....

DET lost at home to Philly and by 20 on the road and didnt play real well until they had the series tied at 2-2 IMO facing a very average Sixer squad who lacked a go to player on offense. Remember Philly led 2-1 and was up about 10 at half in game 4 but experience and talent won out from that point on....road woes ? Det beat Orl by 1 thanks to a late collapse which Boston probably wont suffer from and lost by 25 the other. They had wins at home by 5 and 7.....I see DET having similiar woes as well

Just dont see why DET is playing better then Boston who for the most part whipped the shit out of teams at home. They did go 0-6 to date on the road but again I think its also due somewhat to there home play being so strong otherwise they would have cruised these series...

Think with the layoff Boston gets the 1st Q edge and if I recall the home team won all 1st Qs in the H2H this year..possible under 1st Q as well. Would lean to Det 2nd Q though.....not the type of series I would want to lay points but the type I would like to focus on halfs....play the losing team @ half type mentality....which I am thinking will be DET.....

BOL

Also starting to think this total could be way to low. The reg season games went under with totals in the low 180s so this is a huge adjustment and when books tend to adjust it seems they always overadjust cause they have a certain expectation about the type of flow they will see. So expecting money to come in on the UNDER they will open it even lower then it should be...

Think we all expect a very competitive game so wont late FTs come into play ? Would think the winning team gets 90 which Bos did in both wins and lost 87-85 which took an uncharacterstic bad FT performance from BOS @13-21 and a low 3rdQ 16-13 which saw 54 ,43 and 46 same thing in DET slow start Det 22 -12 after 1 then 50 ,45 and 48...and again in Boston 23-13 after 1 , 48 and 52 then only 21-11 to finish....

So took some real crazy low scoring quarters to produce unders with totals 8 and 9 points higher . Anything near 40 points in those quarters and those games go over the low 180s numbers..so 8 of 12 saw at least 43 pts and really 7 saw at least 45 pts....So I dont see such a consistent low scoring game or flow from them when the play more a matter of circumstance so far. I think for the most part Bostons defense while sound at home has at worst alowed alot of FT opportunities. They actually allowed 152 FT attempts in the last 5 games of the CLE series and with DET at 86% from the line you could be looking at 25 FREE points. So with DET having more weapons then Cle offensively I would expect better production vs Boston. Even with DET they allowed 22 per in Philly series but Sixers just 64% would expect more like 80 from Boston. So we could simply see anywhere from 7-10 pts more then what these teams have allowed if they put there opponents on the line as often as they have previous opponents.....only DET who had like an 11 and 13 pt quarter scored less then 85 points in any ofthe Bos-Det games......

so while I may play under 1st Q looking at over 2nd Q and game....:shake:

Agree completely with the over comments and pretty much everything else you wrote Sport. While looking over the previous box scores I noticed that Boston shot 46% from the field against the Pistons and essentially owned the paint. Many will say "this is the playoffs though" and I don't think it matters. These two teams clearly targeted each other from the very beginning and all of their previous matchups had playoff entensity. Haven't grabbed the over yet, but I don't see many reasons why it won't happen before tip.

Gl tonight.

Think we all expect a very competitive game so wont late FTs come into play ?

I think Detroit can blow their wheels off in game 1, which could easily make for a "blowout under", which then sets up further low lines where more competitive games then go Over.

Boston's lowest total at home vs Cleveland came in game 1 when they were off a game 7 and Cleveland was rested (a game Cleveland had the ball with twice in the final 60 secs with a tied score, and absolutely murdered their chances of winning). Same situation here.

92-80 Detroit win is the kind of result I see making the Under.

Agree completely with the over comments and pretty much everything else you wrote Sport. While looking over the previous box scores I noticed that Boston shot 46% from the field against the Pistons and essentially owned the paint. Many will say "this is the playoffs though" and I don't think it matters. These two teams clearly targeted each other from the very beginning and all of their previous matchups had playoff entensity. Haven't grabbed the over yet, but I don't see many reasons why it won't happen before tip.

Gl tonight.

Thanks Jeff . Good Luck today as well....glad we are on the same page ...:cheers:

I think Detroit can blow their wheels off in game 1, which could easily make for a "blowout under", which then sets up further low lines where more competitive games then go Over.

Boston's lowest total at home vs Cleveland came in game 1 when they were off a game 7 and Cleveland was rested (a game Cleveland had the ball with twice in the final 60 secs with a tied score, and absolutely murdered their chances of winning). Same situation here.

92-80 Detroit win is the kind of result I see making the Under.

I just dont see what DET has done on the road to indicate the will clearly win let alone blow them out . Anything can happen but I think its little difference in what Boston has done and what Det has done off there home courts . I would be interested to see how many times Boston actually trailed at home .

Cle is a lower scoring and less effecient offense and probably plays defensively like DET did a few a seasons back. Look at what DET allowed vs teams like Philly and Orl why would Boston score less. Pistons havent been that lock down DEF IMO . Big difference I see in Bostons road play is the reg season they didnt have that bad quarter especially in the 2nd H its something that has plagued them in the playoffs but again you are also playing desperate teams on the road when your undefeated at home. So big thing in Bostons 'defense' is they played teams backed against the wall when they traveled. Who could not afford to lose think we see different situations this series as most agree HC is worth less then most series do to veteran presence....

Just dont see what indicates Boston scores just 80 points ...Clearly I am just engaging you in conversation but I just dont see value in such a low number I could clearly be mistaken. I probably will play the 1st q under with DET having such a long layoff. Pistons chances of a blowout are greatly reduced IMO by the fact they havent played in so long. I remember DET with a 3 or 4 day layoff on the Sunday night @ Washington late in the year and there offensive flow was simply not there in my mind..

I prefer the 2nd Q over and 1st Q under in the 1st H with the game over but again I havent exactly been hanging around the NBA forum that much. Did extremely well for the most part so far but didnt do much other win some lose some in the last few game...so take it FWIW...just thought I chime in...and think I prefer the 1st Q under and 2nd Q over plays more then the total itself.....:cheers:

I think its little difference in what Boston has done and what Det has done off there home courts.

I'm reading that as your saying there's little difference between what these 2 teams have done off their own home courts.

Boston has gone 0-6 - they've done nothing, nada, zilch, against a woefully sub .500 team and another team that was blown up midway through the season (to only get worse).

Detroit wrapped up a series against the East's 3rd best team without a significant player (game 4 in Orlando) and twice destroyed a team that was looking to take themselves into a series ending elimination game if they won (Philly in game's 4 & 6).

1 of these teams has shown nothing off their own homecourt, the same can't be said for the other.

Both of these teams have also had a significant player go MIA. Billups because of injury, Raywol because of .... ? We know the former is coming back, but there's no timetable to be said for the latter.

SportsNut, I don't want to take anything away from anyone, but Atlanta, their road edition, is by far the weakest team to have participated in this year's postseason.

That doesn't mean Boston 'doesn't have anything to do with it', they do. But it also means Atlanta couldn't bring the energy and the intensity they needed in road games. They're a young, athletic bunch, who thrived off of playing at home.

Also, if you are believer of postseason 'gelling' then you have to factor in that both teams Boston has faced until now had PGs acquired in the last trade. So they had a few months of regular season at best, to prepare for the playoffs.

Atlanta stormed into postseason in the last game of regular season, they finished with 37 wins. Celtics, on the other hand, sweep Texas and beat the shit out of everything that moves.

Then come postseason, they can't do it any more. They're 2-0 up, can't win one out of two. 3:2 up, up by 10 in game 6, lose again.

The fact that they beat Atlanta at home, even if they beat them by 50, doesn't overshadow their ineptitude to finish the job on the road. Note the swing: from 31-10 to 0-6. What are the chances?

Detroit had their usual playoff choke thing going on as well, as they were thumped by Philly. I agree, it was a huge choke. And at home. But they compensated for that by winning 4 out of the next 5 games against Philadelphia.

Against Orlando. I will say that the Magic are not a playoff team either. Weak ass PG giving guarantees and a whole lot of jump shooting.

+ Howard, who is bad ass.

4-2. 2 games without Billups. Yes, they were going through motions as well, but I will take an experienced team (6 consecutive ECF appearances) over a team that consists of players that have never been this far (Garnett was, once I think, Allen and Pierce weren't, correct me if I'm wrong), they also have a young PG who could get abused by the Motown duo, and coaching, I'd take Flip at this point.

Just thoughts. :shake:

Ray Allen's Milwakuee Bucks lost to the Sixers in 7 games of the 2000-01 EC finals. Pierce, by way of beating the Pistons, lost to the Nets in 2001-02.

Experience is not going to be a problem. As somebody on TNT just said the Pistons have the same experience as the Buffalo Bills. Getting there and generally losing. I didn't like the C's when this series started, but the more I look at it the less I'm confident in the Pistons rolling. Certainly not enough value on the series price to make an investment.

As for tonight I really like the over mainly because the Celtics have not had a terrible time scoring against the Pistons shooting 46% for the year. I really like Boston to get to 85+ points tonight and I certainly think the Pistons will be right there with them (ahead or behind) which should lead to the over hitting.

As somebody on TNT just said the Pistons have the same experience as the Buffalo Bills. Getting there and generally losing. I didn't like the C's when this series started, but the more I look at it the less I'm confident in the Pistons rolling.

maybe you missed an earlier post in this thread..

the 3 times the Pistons have made the ECFs and failed to make the Finals, they had HCA.

the 2 times they made the ECFs (prior to this season) and made the Finals, they didnt have HCA

Seems to me the Buffalo Bill comparison applies only to them having HCA at this point.

As for tonight I really like the over mainly because the Celtics have not had a terrible time scoring against the Pistons shooting 46% for the year.

They also didnt have a terrible time winning on the road in the reg. season. I think a lot of things need to be thrown out as reference points from the reg. season regarding this Celts team.

Well my computer decided to freeze on me just long enough to lose 20 minutes and cost me the opportunity at making some plays ..like adding to my Boston -1.5 1st Q play and getting down on that under for a few units while then going over in the 2nd quarter 43.5...so only have Celts 1st Q -1.5 and over 173 so far....and missed the Giants in MLB and the over 8.5..of course Molina Hrs in the top 1st ! Amazing that I have 10 hours of no problems then the second I go to submit my NBA stuff.....frozen....but at least I got my crappy Indians and under 8 plays ..gee thanks

Again I cant discount they are 0-6 but again look at the picture . They lost all 6 but were they beaten every game or di dthey just suffer mainly from 1 bad quarter in the 2nd H something that was uncharacteristic of them ? They didnt have any sense of urgency playing @ ATL when they win by 23 and 19 in games 1 and 2 . Hard not coast whether you mean to or not and basically what they showed is they are human. So Game # tied at half , lose by 9 with the difference being losing the 3rd by 10 points. Game 4 down 3 at half , up by 10 after 3quarters and again uncharacteristically shit the bed in the 4th getting outscored by 15 losing by 5. So are they playing terrible? They go home and win by 25 in Game so all they did in 5 games was of 20 quarters play two really bad ones at the wrong time. Game 6 again led by 3 to start the 4th and ATL did enough to pull it out winning by three points . So ATL won 3 close games always thanks to 1 quarter big in game 6 was quarter number 2 answering the 12 pt lead aftre 1 quarter by Boston. Go home and they win by 35 .

So the big stink is is they lost 3 games by 9, 5 and 3 vs a playoff team ? ATL played them pretty good in the last regular season meeting in ATL until Sam Cassell went bonkers in the 4th quarter . So the exact way they won in the reg season is how they lost in the playoffs.

So Cle gave them game in the opener they also managed toshot 8 more FTs and make 8 Fts but lose by 4 still and shot 30% from the floor. So the stats say the game shouldnt have been that close. Game 2 slow start then they just shut Cle down and blow them out . Game 3 tip your hat to CLE they did really what no one did all year and blew out the Celts. However what was the trend this year for teams down 2-0 playing home in game 3 ?? I think we all know how well the home teams played in those why are we dissing just Boston?? Game 4 the Cavs win again to tie at 2 up. Again though same M.O. as they win it the 4th quarter outscoring Boston by 8 to win by 11.

Game 5 at home close 1st H then they blow out CLE in the 3rd Q but to the Cavs credit they hung in and stuck around but really not ever close in the 2nd H. They lose a close game 6 but they shot 13 Fts to 25 and 40% to 33% and lose...Game 7was a battle and again CLE fought hard but the celts led for most of the 2nd H .....

So whats the knock on Boston ? They lost desperation 4th q's to teams fighting for there life ? They were in position to lose these games because they played so well at home ? They played 1 bad game of the 6 they lost and could have won any if not all of the 5 but they simply did nt make enough plays . You look at there roster and you know they are capable so why get down on them? Granted I do think there spreads have been a bit high especially when Cle is basically teh same spread as ATL. No difference bewteen ATL and Philly except Sixers travel better but they hawks are better on offense thanks to Joe Johnson. Cle Irecall made the finals last year and while it may not have shown this team is technically more talented . Whats the big deal about Orl ? Lewis , Turk and Howard some talented guys but how many big games have they played in there career and who else scares you on ORL. Even Cle has better role players ....

I mean DET lost at home to Philly and got shutdown after a nice halftime lead no less. They won in games 2 and 5 but no to the degree that Boston did at home. If I go back some wasnt ATL sort of expected to make the playoffs before the season started and only enhanced when adding Bibby compared to the suprise of the year AKA Fluke Sixers . To which Philly also won game 3 and lead game 4 at half by 10 till the Pistons took over. Difference being Pistons had to take over they would be down 3-1 fi they had lost so you cant compare that with Bostons situation as the Cs never really were backed against the wall.....at this point the Sixers will was broken when they wre close to going up 3-1 and seemingly never recovered....

Facing Orl who cannot stop the Pistons offense the Stons cruised in game 1 as ORL had a long layoff but magic battled in game to 2 and almost pulled out a WIN. Again something a team couldnt really say outside of game 1 vs CLe. They go to Orl game 3 and lose by 25 seems familiar to Boston. They won @ ORL w/o Billups but Orl lost that game much more then DET won it , result Pistons by 1 . So the finale good FT shooting vs a bad FT shooting team. Basically tied after 3 quarters...one team 16-28 the other 28-32.....

So I dont see where I should be applauding DETs road play . They made more plays and had slightily better results but they were also desperate vs Philly and lost by 25 and won by 1 @ Orlando wouldnt say they outplayed the magic in Orlando.....

So thats what I see . A Boston team who played on the road without the must win feel hanging over them and resulted in them losing half of the game despite leads to start the 4th quarter. Where as DET but had no choice but to win cause they were nearly down 3-1 and if the magic dont choke @ ORL they would have went back to DET 2-2 w/o Billups who would have felt the momentum then? Give DET a pat on theback for using there veteran experience to find ways to win but this isnt Orl and Philly . Just like for Boston this wont be coast at home and show up on the road.....

if I get a Celts 1st H lead that results in a ATS cover I would probably play DET 2nd H.....remember my post last night said Boston 1st Q and then Det 2nd Q.....

should be fun...good luck BC....:shake:

Pistons' Billups not at 100 percent
Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

BOSTON -- Rasheed Wallace doesn't call him "Broadway Billups" for nothing.

Chauncey Billups has a flair for the dramatic -- be it hitting a clutch shot, embellishing contact to draw a foul, or, keeping up the suspense surrounding his healing right hamstring.

For the past four days, he's said that his leg was 100 percent. But every time he said it, there was an impish grin on his face. On Monday, before the team left for Boston, he met with reporters, said everything was fine and concluded his chat by yelling "Arnie," summoning physical therapist Arnie Kander.

Advertisement

Well, finally, before shoot-around Tuesday morning, Billups came clean. The hamstring injury that he sustained in Game 3 in Orlando may never be completely healed the rest of the playoffs.

But it's healed enough for him to play and to be, in his mind, productive.

"I'm feeling pretty good," he said, "and for what's not good I know once the adrenaline gets going and the excitement of the game, I will be fine."

He was asked if he has regained full range of motion, could he do everything he could before the injury.

"Not everything, but I am good enough to play," he said. "All I asked for when I got hurt was that I can get back to being good enough to play. As far as being the best that I can be, I don't know if I can get to that. We only have another month or so left. But I wasn't asking for that. I just want to be good enough to play and hopefully I can be productive."

All you had to was see Billups jumping around during pre-game introductions to know that he must be as close to 100% during this part of the season as one could hope. If he's not close to 100% he's an idiot for jumping around doing chest bumps and the what nots before the game started. I think he's fine.

SportsNut, I don't want to take anything away from anyone, but Atlanta, their road edition, is by far the weakest team to have participated in this year's postseason.

That doesn't mean Boston 'doesn't have anything to do with it', they do. But it also means Atlanta couldn't bring the energy and the intensity they needed in road games. They're a young, athletic bunch, who thrived off of playing at home.

Also, if you are believer of postseason 'gelling' then you have to factor in that both teams Boston has faced until now had PGs acquired in the last trade. So they had a few months of regular season at best, to prepare for the playoffs.

Atlanta stormed into postseason in the last game of regular season, they finished with 37 wins. Celtics, on the other hand, sweep Texas and beat the shit out of everything that moves.

Then come postseason, they can't do it any more. They're 2-0 up, can't win one out of two. 3:2 up, up by 10 in game 6, lose again.

The fact that they beat Atlanta at home, even if they beat them by 50, doesn't overshadow their ineptitude to finish the job on the road. Note the swing: from 31-10 to 0-6. What are the chances?

Detroit had their usual playoff choke thing going on as well, as they were thumped by Philly. I agree, it was a huge choke. And at home. But they compensated for that by winning 4 out of the next 5 games against Philadelphia.

Against Orlando. I will say that the Magic are not a playoff team either. Weak ass PG giving guarantees and a whole lot of jump shooting.

+ Howard, who is bad ass.

4-2. 2 games without Billups. Yes, they were going through motions as well, but I will take an experienced team (6 consecutive ECF appearances) over a team that consists of players that have never been this far (Garnett was, once I think, Allen and Pierce weren't, correct me if I'm wrong), they also have a young PG who could get abused by the Motown duo, and coaching, I'd take Flip at this point.

Just thoughts. :shake:

Agree with ATL but Philly and the hawks are simply after thoughts in the Eastern Conference. Philly travels abit better and actually had some success playing DET this year which btw what did Boston do to Philly all reg season? Det losing at home in game 1 then game 3 @ philly puts them in a total different spot then Boston its not comparable...

Well the simple fact is they lost to ATL but again it came down to that 1 terrible quarter in each something they avoided in the reg season. See your taking 31-10 at face value and not asking why they were 31-10 ? They were able to be successful on the road because they didnt have have that terrible quarter and especially not in the 2nd H which is when they took over often vs good teams. So when they start having that terrible quarter is not a suprise they are losing to the sum of going 0-6 because winning and losing is really that close a difference IMO. Instead of making a couple plays they dont and instead of a 5or 6 pt win its a 5 or 6 pt loss it really is that simple.

Philly didnt compensate though. Down 10 at half trailing 2-1 in the series it was NOW or never . Then a young Sixer team with no clear offensive go to player simly got lost vs the better team. One thing ATL has over Philly is offensive weapons with Johnson & Smith.

I agree ORL is a team without guards facing a team built on its backcourt . We all knew DET would win but they really didnt do it convicingly but maybe thats because Billups absence leveled the playing field.

Simply put all I have said is why do people expect DET to just waltz in Boston and shut them down?? I never said I liked anything other then Over 173.5 cause it should be competitive with late FTs . What I did say was play the 1st Q Celts and 1st Q under with the 2nd Q over and I think those were the most logical plays as DET extended rest gave a huge edge to the home team which was a trait along with slow starts and 1st Q unders in all 3 meetings....

I am not saying Det cant win or wont win as I think these teams are basically even. Not worried about experience because 3 HOFers will do over 3 high quality players but then again blue collar guys tend to be winners over the superstars and KG hasto prove himself in the go to sense....

Probably all I need to say is YES the celts went 0-6 away but in my eyes it was off set by such crisp home play and the fact that only one of the 6 were a blowout they could have won any of the 5 games had they simply amde a couple plays in the 4th quarter.....

Looking forward to the see how its plays out but my points were to say game should be close and with the adjustment from 182 to 174 on the total that makes me like the over as only once did any of the 3 games have a team score less then 85 which was Bostons lowest pt total......

Enuff hoops...GL gents.....:cheers:

So whats the knock on Boston ?

The knock on Boston is obvious.

A 31-10 reg season road team can't beat a sub .500 team once on the road, where shortening the amount of games you play in the early rounds does have meaning later in the playoffs - so your theme of "they were winning at home so didn't need these road results" doesn't therefore wash, esp. as any team at anytime can steal a road game if things go their way on the night - nobody knows when a key player is going to be lost to injury - willingly welcoming a game 7 on one's own court for the sake of not winning a road game is a recipe for disaster. Winning a road game to compound already having HCA is a recipe for almost sure-fire success. Boston has clearly skirted with disaster twice, and is having nothing to do with the sure-fire avenue of advancement. Their regular season play suggested just the opposite.

If limiting the amount of games you play in the early rounds was without consequence, then all teams with an unassailable dominance at home over their opponent wouldnt put an ounce of effort into any road game, why bother? - Denver couldnt touch the Lakers in LA this season (prior to their 1st Round Game 3, LA had wins there by 28, 17, 14 & 15 points), why did LA bother putting an effort in games in Denver? because it had meaning to shorten the amount of energy they wasted on an early round opponent.

Applying your sentiment to the present series, Detroit can only hope they take the same attitude (we'll be happy just to win our home games) because Cleveland with all it's faults was down by 1 inside the last 2.20 and w/possession in game 7, but being as 1 dimensional as they were they failed. Give Detroit a game 7 down by 1 inside the last 2.20 w/possession (as a worse case scenario for their series hopes), I'm sure they'd take it with a huge smile.

Boston is shortening their odds of winning the title each time they take longer then necessary to deal with an opponent in the prior rounds. It's no mistake that no team has ever won a title without recording at least 3 road wins on their way to achieving that title. Even if Boston wins this series and gets 1 road win with it, that means they'd need 2 road wins in the finals themselves (which is a joke contemplation at this point). This stat fact has meaning, because it speaks to the need not to play an extraordinary amount of long series prior to making the finals (something you avoid by winning road games).

Further, Detroit (64-18) & Dallas (67-15) the past 2 seasons have further testified to the price paid in the playoffs for exerting the energy necessary to gain a fantastic reg. season record (Detroit lasting longer than Dallas in comparison simply because they play in the weaker conference). That the 72-10 Bulls avoided such a fate simply speaks to that team's depth, experience and the fact they had a 1 off wonder as their leader. Boston is no comparison to that Bulls team.

Good stuff BC. You have valid points . What I am saying is you have to look at the Big Picture . People are implying Boston cant play well on the road because of the 0-6 playoff mark but as you said they were 31-10 in the reg season. I am adding to that by saying they played so well at home they didnt have the same urgency that other teams did. Det doesnt play well in game 4 on the road there season might very well be over and Boston never got to that point so while they want to win they were the hunted in every road game where as DET was the hunter in both game 4s. To which you reply well its not that tough to steal one on the road. Which I agree its not but again big picture things are going so well at home if they are going to get bad bounces then inevitabily it most be on the road. So in that sense its not suprising they had a chance to win 5 of the 6 away games and lead in most of them to start the 4th quarter yet managed to lose all 6 . Its simply a fluke and I am fairly certain if they lose at home they will respond with better road play . I will agree though that winning at home alone will not win them a series vs DET. So I guess the best thing for Boston in my eyes is to a lose game 2 at home . It will put them up against the wal for game 3 and we will see who they really are.

Also I dont think athletes say they want to win so they can rest they want to win so they can win. DOes that thought cross there mind SURE but I doubt any guy is worried about anything else then playing ball when the game is occurring. So does it hurt to play those extra games absolutely it has to take a toll which at some point your bench is going to have to pick up the slack.

Again though this started as off as why is Det expected to come into Boston and play well? My reply was they havent played that much better then on Boston on the road facing similiar competition and they did cruise at home like Bos did vs similiar competition. So I was saying what is so great about DET on the surface? Entering the playoffs I would have made Boston -1 favs on a neutral court and as this series started I would do teh same as both have shown flaws IMO......So really nothing has changed exception people's perception of these two squads . Which I do agree the longer series hurt Boston but who says it hurts them in this series??

I just think we started off saying one thing and turned it maybe I did into some other discussion...I dont disagree that Boston will have to win on the road by any stretch. I just dont see the hype surrounding DET as warranted...coin flip when the postseason started and I think it remains that way.....

If Boston wins looking to play DET 2nd H strong tmrw...:shake:

..and my observation regarding specifically Detroit vs Boston is they benefit for having had to play only 11 games to Boston's 14. Unfortunately (a word used depending on one's lean, mine being the obvious odds Detroit gets since the're not the public darling here) the injury to Billups undercuts that advantage (nothing he's done in game 1 so far suggests he's "back to normal", 1-4 & 1 ast speaks to more than simply any possible good play by Boston in defense), a notation I made with a couple of my earlier posts. If Billups can't play to his norm at least by game 3, then it'll be up the Western champ to exploit the consequences of Boston's road woes.

..and my observation regarding specifically Detroit vs Boston is they benefit for having had to play only 11 games to Boston's 14. Unfortunately the injury to Billups undercuts that advantage (nothing he's done in game 1 so far suggests he's "back to normal", 1-4 & 1 ast speaks to more than simply any possible good play by Boston in defense), a notation I made with a couple of my earlier posts. If Billups can't play to his norm at least by game 3, then it'll be up the Western champ to exploit the consequences of Boston's road woes.

Like I said BC all good points and I dont disagree . Respectfully my arguement was more speculation about the perception of these teams then anything else. Good ideas IMO come out of sound disagreements. Rest is helpful but when you havent played in a week and one of your best players in Billups is ailing its makes winning game 1 tough and really I thought the best play here was Boston -1.5 1st q as it might be a slow start for them...due to the week off and seeing it in them with extended rest going 1-6 ATS 3 + days rest and look how flat ORL was vs them in game 1 ....just a educated guess on my part...GL bro the no fouls late baffle me so I lost.....:cheers:

Another great shooting night by the Celtics. I'm getting close to the point where I think any Pistons victory will be tied with an over occuring. How many games do I need to see the Celtics shoot well against the Pistons before I think it's more than a trend?

Another great shooting night by the Celtics. I'm getting close to the point where I think any Pistons victory will be tied with an over occuring. How many games do I need to see the Celtics shoot well against the Pistons before I think it's more than a trend?

Thats only the 3rd time in 9 home games KG has hit more than 9 shots/surpassed 20 points, and he hasn't done it 2 games straight (he also entered this game off his lowest output for the p.s.). His relative inconsistency offensively might put to shame such thoughts come game 2.

Really not sure what to think of Chauncey's situation. Can they bounce back from this? I believe they can, but they will need a more focused Rip and Sheed, and a healthier(?) Billups.

Call it an incosistency or whatever you want. You know I respect everything you have to say BC, but at this point Garnett is 37/65 (57%) against the Pistons in 4 games this year. I'm not trying to make an argument for the Celtics winning this series. My only thoughts are the fact that the Pistons have yet to shut down the Celtics on the defensive end yet this year.

The Celtics have now shot 49%, 43%, 46%, and 52% in their games versus the Pistons. They should have easily been in the 90's tonight minus some horrible 3pt shooting and uncharacteristically low FT shooting. I'm still amazed that the game tonight went under when the Pistons finally hit the 40% mark in FG%. If the Pistons ever do figure out how to play some D against the Celtics these totals could get brutally ugly.

JP - KG could easily buck his trend/prove my concern unfounded. But none of his previous efforts against the Stones involved consecutive games to test out his consistency of production. Game 2 will do just that (as for all his teammates, as well).

Back